Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 7/9/2009 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have never actually purchased this cleanser. I've only been using the GWP samples I've gotten. I like to use it the shower. Feels like it gets my face really clean. I prefer the facial soap to this though.

This was an alright cleanser but dried my skin out really bad. To sum it up: It was a good basic cleanser that was really overpriced and had no benefits to my skin. Basically you can get a drugstore cleaner that will work the same as this one for cheaper.

on 6/27/2009 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Used this product once in the past, but stopped using because of price.
After a string of cheap cleansers, that dont get my heavy duty eye makeup away, I decided to try this again. Boy am I happy I did! It does get all the makeup and eyestuff away, and leaves the skin nice and soft.. The price is high for a cleanser, but will repurchase after this.

Definitely not for me. Dries out my skin and does not rinse very well, though it removes makeup completely.

on 6/19/2009 1:47:00 PM

I don't know what happened with this. I used this years ago, and loved it. I recently bought it again, and it really stung my eyes. In fact, my eyes are still irritated and I used it 2 days ago. Needless to say, I am taking it back and will try something else. It used to work really great.

on 6/12/2009 8:46:00 PM

i love how it cleans my face, it can remove my makeup easily. i also like the tiny bits that gently clean my face and make it soft and hydrated.

on 6/8/2009 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I find this to be one of the best cleansers for my normal skin/slighly dry cheeks. The pros are: gentleness, effective removel of most makeup w/o stripping, indulgent feel, no second cleanser needed, rinses clean away,a very little does the job. The cons: won't fully remove stubborn physical sunscreens, can sting a bit if it gets in the eyes, wish it came in a pump instead of a squeeze tube - it's hard to get out the last bits of the product. I can't comment on waterproof mascara removal, as I haven't used that in years. Cleansers, as basic as they are, seem to be one of the things with which individuals can have wildly varying results, so I recommend getting a sample of any cleanser (that you can) before buying. As for me, I have and will repurchase this, as it works for me.

on 6/8/2009 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product isn't for me at all. I found it very harsh. You are supposed to use this as a makeup remover precleanse. I couldn't remove my eye makeup with it because it stung like crazy, and then after cleansing (which you have to do, otherwise you are left with a film) my face felt very dry and tight - even with my oily skin. I found the smell overwhelming and unpleasant also.

on 6/8/2009 7:26:00 AM

I don't like this cleanser. At first I thought I did, but later realized it was too drying. And I have combination/oily acne-prone skin! Just too harsh for me. And it smells kinda strong too. I prefer the Liquid Mild soap! Doesn't dry me out or break me out.

on 6/6/2009 11:27:00 AM

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

It is foamy (a bit thick) and as I notice with most foaming (specially Clinique's) cleansers is that they cleanse my skin so good they also remove my protective barrier.

It took some time to realize that, but when you experiment you are also more quickly to notice what is wrong and which products are great for you.

But I must point out I ADORE most of other Clinique skincare items:-)