Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

Definitely not for me. Dries out my skin and does not rinse very well, though it removes makeup completely.

on 6/19/2009 1:47:00 PM

I don't know what happened with this. I used this years ago, and loved it. I recently bought it again, and it really stung my eyes. In fact, my eyes are still irritated and I used it 2 days ago. Needless to say, I am taking it back and will try something else. It used to work really great.

on 6/12/2009 8:46:00 PM

i love how it cleans my face, it can remove my makeup easily. i also like the tiny bits that gently clean my face and make it soft and hydrated.

on 6/8/2009 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I find this to be one of the best cleansers for my normal skin/slighly dry cheeks. The pros are: gentleness, effective removel of most makeup w/o stripping, indulgent feel, no second cleanser needed, rinses clean away,a very little does the job. The cons: won't fully remove stubborn physical sunscreens, can sting a bit if it gets in the eyes, wish it came in a pump instead of a squeeze tube - it's hard to get out the last bits of the product. I can't comment on waterproof mascara removal, as I haven't used that in years. Cleansers, as basic as they are, seem to be one of the things with which individuals can have wildly varying results, so I recommend getting a sample of any cleanser (that you can) before buying. As for me, I have and will repurchase this, as it works for me.

on 6/8/2009 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product isn't for me at all. I found it very harsh. You are supposed to use this as a makeup remover precleanse. I couldn't remove my eye makeup with it because it stung like crazy, and then after cleansing (which you have to do, otherwise you are left with a film) my face felt very dry and tight - even with my oily skin. I found the smell overwhelming and unpleasant also.

on 6/8/2009 7:26:00 AM

I don't like this cleanser. At first I thought I did, but later realized it was too drying. And I have combination/oily acne-prone skin! Just too harsh for me. And it smells kinda strong too. I prefer the Liquid Mild soap! Doesn't dry me out or break me out.

on 6/6/2009 11:27:00 AM

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

It is foamy (a bit thick) and as I notice with most foaming (specially Clinique's) cleansers is that they cleanse my skin so good they also remove my protective barrier.

It took some time to realize that, but when you experiment you are also more quickly to notice what is wrong and which products are great for you.

But I must point out I ADORE most of other Clinique skincare items:-)

on 5/21/2009 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS: Moderately priced ($14.50, a little goes a LONG way!--I only use a pea sized amount and it cleans my face really well). Gets makeup off very well, even stubborn foundation (note: I use a separate eye m/u remover though!)

CONS: A little drying. So-so packaging (extra product tends to accumulate around the hole).

Overall, a good product that I would repurchase!

I love this stuff! It gets rid of all my makeup, and i havent had any break outs with it, and i feel clean!

When it gets into my eyes, they feel weird, but not really stinging, and i dont feel that they hurt, but it does bother me a little, but that is what eye makeup remover is for.

I've used this for.... the last 6 months, there is so much left, (gwp size) and i use this 4 times a week at least... a little goes a long way.

It makes me feel clean. Its not so bad as to like... squeaky clean, or like really dry and tight, And i have horrible dry skin... it was REALLY DRY, and since i've switched to this, and the clinique 3 step system, my skin feels much better. Its still dry ,but its much better.

on 5/14/2009 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this for years. It's my favorite Clinique product. It cleans up all makeup and oil and leaves my skin feeling super clean. Without a moisturizer it might dry your skin out, but I always use one so that's not a problem for me. One tube of this will last me at least 6 months...maybe even 7 or 8, so the price is highly justifiable. Such a small amount (I use about the size of a pearl) creates a really nice lather that feels like a soft layer of foam on my face. This is definitely my HG cleanser.