October 25, 2014 | 1640 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by mawyyy

I bought this after my MAC eyeliner was irritating my eyes too much. Unfortunately, this one also irritated my sensitive eyes (I also use contacts) a little, despite the packaging saying it wouldn't, hence the one lippie off. Otherwise, it's great. It didn't smudge on me like it did for other reviewers, stayed all day, was easy to apply and looked great. It was much easier to apply than the MAC gel liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by lovecube

This is the 2nd liquid liner I've ever used and I'm really disappointed. The brush is decent, and it's easy to apply. Some of it gets on my lashes and irritates my eyes though. It looks fine when you first apply it . . . it's kind of shiny/glossy. But after 1~2 hours it starts chipping and flaking and looks messy. Will not be repurchasing :/

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by abd4j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually like this eyeliner a lot, despite the bad press.

It seems like the quantity I get lasts a really long time, given that I use it daily on my upper eyelids only. And the product stays on my lids all day despite the fact that my eyelids sometimes look 'shiny' from having greasy lids.

I've had no problems with flaking unless I rub my eyes, which is bad to do because it speeds up the onset of wrinkles.

My only gripe is the brush tip which takes some practice to use well, and the fact that it never seems to go on sale, whereas other Maybelline products are on sale all the time. I don't get it.

Other than that, I'm buying 2 when I run out-one for home and one for my travel makeup kit!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by vnyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very oily eyelids. I've tried all kinds of pencil and liquid liners but they usually smudge or flake within hours. This is the only thing that stays on my lids.

The handle is short, which I find makes application easier than a longer handle. The brush is short and the bristles are fairly sturdy, which helps for application. After a couple of months it starts to splay a bit but not too badly.

The liner dries to a rubbery texture. Even with makeup remover it's hard to get all of it off at night.

I don't know if the strength means it's bad if you use it long-term. But overall I've found it's a good liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by iluvvader9

I'm pretty disappointed with this product. I actually just bought this at Walgreens yesterday because there was a Maybelline bogo sale. Although I've only tried this once, I can already tell it's not that great of a product. When you first apply it, it looks extremely nice, with the shiny finish. But within an hour, it flakes off! Also, when you remove it with makeup remover, the product somewhat clumps up..unlike the usual where the color is supposed to smear and melt away. The eyeliner is really easy to get into eyes if not careful. Also, it's hard to have complete control when using this wand. I decided to try this one because I ran out of my Revlon Colorstay, and this product definitely DOES NOT compare to Revlon Colorstay at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by omgahkyra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

easy to apply, and looks good after its finished. but within a few minutes to a cuple hours, it cracks and flakes off! and it takes a long time to wash off with waterproof eye make up remover...rips eyelashes out when im washing it off, (my top lid) and if u accidnetly get some on ur eyelashes when applying it, it will stick them together and wont come out! my lashes r thinner cuz it keeps ripping them out! dont buy this product!
it also irritates my eyes around the end of the day or if i accidently get some in my eye. eyeliner shouldnt burn!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Juhhhnelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the BEST liquid liner ive tried. Alot of people are saying it started to flake of chip of on them after about an hour or so but it never did that for me. It definitely is waterproof, i went swimming with this on and it didnt even budge. But along with it being so waterproof it is kind of hard to remove. I have to use makeup remover to take it off and it kind of peels off in a strip. This isnt really like any other liquid liner because once it dries its kind of like a strip that you can peel off on your upper lid. Its kind of weird but it works great and the color isnt like a dull black its kind of shiny. I love this eyeliner its great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by misamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Well, yes, the brush is kind of weird.

But this is far and away my *favorite* of the (seven or so) liquid eyeliners I've tried. It pretty much stays where I put it, and that is phenomenal-- given that my eyes are watery and my lids are oily.

It has never flaked very much on me.

It is definitely about as waterproof as Wet n Wild H20 Proof-- the other durable one I've found-- but Maybelline does not have the extreme glossiness or the tendency to get on your eyelashes.

It comes off with oil-free makeup remover.

N.B. I also tried the other Maybelline waterproof liquid eyeliner (the one that does not say Ultra Liner) and it sucks. There's nothing waterproof about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by sellofain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to eyeliner. It stays on all day. It does get flaky, but only if you rub it. Don't rub your eyes and you'll be fine. The brush is a bit tricky, only because if you apply it wrong then you'll have a thicker streak of eyeliner than you wanted. Once you get used to the brush though, it's pretty easy to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lotsapink

I got this as a bonus with my purchase of the Stilletto Mascara, and I hadn't had much experience with liquid liner before, so I gave this a shot. It's all right, I suppose. I find if I don't take the time to apply it well, it gets flaky later on. It takes a while for me to take off with my eye makeup remover, though.