Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 12/27/2009 10:08:00 AM

Looks harsh. Stays put but if it does flake, it looks strange because there's a piece missing.

on 12/27/2009 9:29:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

i like that it has small brush for easy application and waterproof but the downside is that it flakes terribly...will not repurchase...

Maybe I got an old bottle of this, but I found that this liner crumbled off my eyes within two hours. Instead of smearing, I would find that bits of my eyeliner had rubbed off (which I find to be worse than smearing). I also prefer liquid liners with a felt tip instead of a brush. The price was cheap and the color was nice, but I won't be buying again.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

HG status. i love this eyeliner and i have been through a lot. in my experience, it does not smudge or flake at all. once you put it on, it stays there until you remove it. i love the applicator because it enables me to draw a very thin line above my upper lashes. the black color isn't a matte and is a little shiny, but it's hardly noticeable. also, i'm not pro at applying eyeliner and this makes it a breeze. i'm so happy i found this!

on 12/16/2009 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite eyeliner! I like the brush, I can line thinly (I don't wear thick eyeliner anyway), and I like the packaging. It isn't exactly waterproof but I like the fact I can take this off at the end of the day easily. This liner has never smudged or flaked on me. My eyelids are oily but I also have sensitive eyes and I've repurchased this eyeliner about 5 times already because it doesn't irratate my eyes.

on 12/15/2009 7:35:00 PM

My HG liquid eyeliner was the non-waterproof version of this eyeliner. This is a sad replacement. The brush is a little too floppy, and the formula flakes off in chunks within hours.

on 12/15/2009 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Had trouble finding my HG (maybelline waterproof liquid e/l) and picked this up instead. The applicator is a little brush which, for me, is neither fine or stiff enough to get a good application. For me, the thing that breaks the camel's back is the formula - it flakes off on me after a short period of time, i.e. an hour? Doesn't matter how thick or thin I apply it either. It can't even get through to lunch time. Unacceptable.

on 12/14/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love the tiny brush on this! i hate hate sponge tipped eyeliner brushes. i can never EVER get a thin line with them. but with this liner its so easy to get the thinnest line. i recommend if you want that thin line on your upper lash line.

on 12/14/2009 9:43:00 PM

I've used quite a few liquid liners, and this is one of the better ones I've tried. The brush takes a little practice, but once you get used to it, it goes on rather nicely. It's very long-lasting, and stays on through the entire day with only minimal flaking. If you only plan on wearing it for a few hours, you won't have a problem. I've only had to do quick retouches when I wear this all day long, and even then it stays on quite well. The formula also goes on very smoothly and evenly, unlike some other liners I've tried.
Overally, I really like this product, and I'd definitely buy it again. It's a good buy and it works just as well as some higher-end liquid liners, but for a much better price.

on 12/14/2009 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after my MAC eyeliner was irritating my eyes too much. Unfortunately, this one also irritated my sensitive eyes (I also use contacts) a little, despite the packaging saying it wouldn't, hence the one lippie off. Otherwise, it's great. It didn't smudge on me like it did for other reviewers, stayed all day, was easy to apply and looked great. It was much easier to apply than the MAC gel liner.