October 21, 2014 | 2088 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Biolage - Conditioning Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by flufffycloud9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I cannot rave enough about this conditioning balm (I use it in conjunction with the hydrating shampoo). After using this stuff for the past 9 days, my hair is back to gorgeousness. I thought Day 1 was good. Day 9 is amazing. I have great hair days every day. Soft hair that's healthy looking and feeling. Plus all this and still frizz-free even when it's drizzling out (I live in FL). My hair still has body & fullness but there's now a smooth type bounce to it that hasn't been there.... ever? It also stays silky & does not get tangled during the day now. And after 9 days, there should be build-up from a product that from its results seems so moisturizing. But there is none. I examined the individual strands today & they look sturdy, healthy, and shiny where they used to be dull and ragged. I had my last trim (inch off) a whole month ago but I could not find a single split-end. HG squared, I love this, I have thrown out all my other ineffectual "deep" conditioners. Way to go Matrix! P.S. I still use this product exactly as described below. The only change to my routine is I have added 4 sprays of Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner by Sexy Hair after squeeze-toweling my hair and before blow-drying upside down with a paddle brush. My hair doesn't need it for moisture help or detangling or anything (the conditioner does that beautifully), I use it to add protection from my blow-dryer. Always use heat protection! :)

PERVIOUS REVIEW: I bought this specifically because my hairdresser said it was just the thing for my severely damaged hair. And she is a nice lady, not a product-pusher so I trusted her and bought it. My sister has been raving about this stuff for years but I never listened to her lol.
Background-
My hair: very fine but a lot of it, shoulder-blade length, sliiightly wavy when air-dried (which is not often), dry, burned (on the ends from using a flat iron on too high heat), coloured often, & blow-dried daily.
OH EM GEE. I have only used it once so far and I'm very excited. I was about to give up on my hair, it was in such bad shape... I just wanted to pull it out. But this morning I used this & for the first time my hair is in much closer shape to pre-burning it/pre-colouring it. It was amazing. I couldn't stop touching my hair. I am very much looking forward to continued improvement with continued use, as so many helpful girls on here have reviewed as happening. As it is now, my hair feels almost virgin again and I am so glad I purchased this! I scooped out a quarter sized dollop (due to reading other reviewers warnings that less is more with this stuff) through my entire wet hair after lathering with a nickel of the Biolage moisturizing shampoo (again, less is more). I left the conditoner on for 3-4 minutes while loofahing my body. It rinsed out well & pretty quickly but not so cleanly (as I've experienced with pretty much all other conditioners) that I couldn't tell I'd used it. It was still slightly slippery in a very good way. After squeeze-toweling dry, I didn't even need to put a leave-in conditioner on my hair to comb it out, my hair was just super silky all on its own. That in itself was a miracle since my hair is always super tangly and squishy (if you know what I mean, you'll realize how truly damaged my hair is) no matter what in-shower conditioner was used in the past. The way the comb slipped right through it in addition to having a great, pre-damage-like hair day makes this pending holy grail material.*

*HG pending due to past conditioners disappointing me & becoming ineffective or damaging after a few weeks of use. I will update after a week or two of using both shampoo & conditioner to see if hair improves further with use or if conditioner become ineffective and/or causes build-up or brittleness.*

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by chasleigh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my go-to for about 5 years. I use this when my Bumble and Bumble seems to be losing it's effectiveness. It always conditions beautifully and my hair is always detangled out of the shower. For the price, I really like this out of all the Matrix products.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by LaurenL8

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought that this balm, being thicker than most conditioners would do the trick, but it made my hair frizzier and with a dry feeling. The total opposite of what I expected.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have medium-long, wavy, FRIZZY, thinning hair (gotta luv genetic's and age, eh!?!). I must say that w/the thinning of this MANE of hair I have LOTS of it! Conditioning Balm has long been a fav. of mine and my hair. I do try and use other shamp. & cond. besides this one, however I always come back to this one. And it gives a great "repeat" performance score for my hair. The scent is really great, consistency is good and if I didn't get so excited to be using it once again I wouldn't use more product than necessary on moi's hair. OCD kicks in with this stuff. I know, I need help. ;-) No excess build up, no drying out this mane of mine, no scalp/skin adverse reactions on this very sensitive gal. It's not cheap, but it is worth it for me as it deliver's applause from me every time I return to using this conditioner. Thumbs wayyy up on this one! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 4:06:00 AM More reviews by producjunkiee

If only I could afford to by this all the time. My hair is thick and wavy, and passed my shoulders, and this is the best conditioner I have ever found. Makes my hair soft and keeps my frizz down without feeling weighed down. Also greatly reduced my split ends from using a flat iron. Love it love it love it. Smells great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ktbzee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a staple for my shower! I stock up eyery time Beauty Brands has its Liter Sale, at $10.98 you can't really beat it! The only think I am not a fan of is the packaging. It comes in a tub with a screw top lid so water would get into it if I wasn't really careful. I am not taking off a lippie though because I bought the pump that fits on the top for about $1. This is a great moisturixing conditioner I use every few days. I don't have problems using it on a daily basis and often do when I travel, but I have about 5 conditioners in the shower and I like to rotate them. Highly Reccomended!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by SadSadie

This is a wonderful conditioner that really does the trick. It's moisturizing and helps protect the ends of your hair, yet it doesn't get overly goopy or heavy (even though it looks like it could in the package). Again, it isn't cheap, but a little goes a LONG way, so really, it's probably a better deal than the drugstore crap that doesn't work and leaves your hair looking slimy and limp.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by SlowRnB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great conditioner for summer time. The pool water, lake water, humidity and sun do a number on my hair, yet you could never tell after I condition my hair with this stuff. It's good and thick and very moisturizing, yet it rinses clean and doesn't weigh hair down. The first time I used it, my boyfriend touched my hair and complimented how soft it was. Not to mention this stuff smells great. It keeps my hair shiny and moisturized and looking very healthy. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by krista187

One of my favorite condiotners!
this one is for normal-dry hair
(the ultra-hydrant is for dry-damaged hair)
and the smell is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by beautgal

This is a fabulous conditioner. I used it exclusively for about 7 years, until I moved into my current place which has such crazy hardwater that I had to switch to a heavier one. When I move I'll come back to this, though! Pretty scent, amazing detangler that turned my long, tangle-prone, medium-fine hair into pure silk with every use. Never weighed my hair down, and made it super shiny and healthy. I'd recommend to anyone - or at least, to anyone not living in an apartment with 80 year old pipes...