Matrix Biolage - Conditioning Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Matrix Biolage - Conditioning Balm [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

2015 (name changed) HYDRASOURCE CONDITIONER INGREDIENTS AQUA / WATER / EAU PROPYLENE GLYCOL MYRISTYL ALCOHOL CETEARYL ALCOHOL CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE DECYL OLEATE PHENOXYETHANOL PARFUM / FRAGRANCE METHYLPARABEN ALOE BARBADENSIS / ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE ETHYLPARABEN LIMONENE HEXYL CINNAMAL COUMARIN LINALOOL CITRIC ACID PASSIFLORA EDULIS FRUIT JUICE BISABOLOL----------------------------------------------2012 Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl alcohol, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Decyl Oleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Hexylcinnamal, Coumarin, Linalool, Citric Acid, Passiflora Edulis Fruit Juice, Bisabolol.------------------------------------------- Old ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristal Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Decyl Oleate, Rosemary Extract (Rosemarinus Officinalis), Golden Seal (Hydrastis Canadensis), Algae Extract, Chitosan PCA, Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Keratin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

on 12/31/2008 7:28:00 PM

This is definitly a exeptional product. Because I already have healthy hair it wasnt like WOW! But it did everything I expected a great conditioner to do. Leave my hair soft, silky, smooth, friz free, and manageable.
___________________________________________________________
I am not a fan of the packaging... I hate unscrewing lids while in te shower because my hands get slippery from other products. But it does let you use ALL the product and its too thick to be put into a normal conditioner bottle. With that in mind, only a dime size is necessary to achieve the desired results.
___________________________________________________________
Yes, this is expensive. But dont go wasting your money on drugstore shampoos/conditioners.... they're no good for the long-run of you hair.
This cost me 40$ CDN for a set of a large shampoo and this conditioner at a beauty supply store.

on 12/30/2008 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG conditioner - I am IN LOVE with it. I came across a sample of this stuff and didn't expect much. But when I used it, I could REALLY tell a difference because my hair was left feeling so soft, smooth, and moisturized. After that, I didn't hesitate to buy a full-sized tube of this great conditioner.
I've been using it for about a month and a half and my hair is in great condition. I'd really recommend this to anyone :)

on 12/8/2008 9:18:00 PM

This stuff is AMAZING! It restored my dry, damaged mane to it's once luxurious self. I can't say enough good things about it!

on 11/23/2008 8:56:00 PM

This is a great conditioner. I have a tub of this that I often forget about because I am always buying new hair products and trying different conditioners for my dry, highlighted hair. But when I remember this and actually use it, I am always surprised at how well it hydrates. It does leave my hair curly and very well conditioned. I love the scent - it seems so fresh and clean to me.

on 11/8/2008 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This stuff works very well on my fine, curly, colored, prone-to-frizzy hair. It makes my hair start curling while it's still wet, as soon as I've gotten out of the shower--always a good sign. It has a very neutral scent, and the price is right (especially if you get it in large quantities from cosmeticmagic.com. I just wiish the tub were easier to handle in the shower! Update 9/21/12: after that website went out of business I forgot how great this stuff is! Now my hair has changed texture, it's wavy and curly and is easy to weigh down, and I've been on a months-long quest for the right products. Is stuff no longer makes it curl in the shower, but it does make it bouncy and healthy-looking. I'm glad I found it again.

on 11/7/2008 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I can not believe how horrible this stuff is. I have used nearly all the "cheap" brands such as Aussie, Suave, Pantene, etc. They all worked well for me. My hair is naturally a bit dry and frizzy though so about a week ago when I had a bit more money on hand I decided to splurge a little and buy this product. The reviews on here seemed so great! I was very excited to use it. It felt like it was working well in the shower but once I got out and my hair started to dry it felt worse and worse. My hair felt extremely greasy, like I hadn't washed it in weeks! It was very frizzy and felt more dry than ever before! I can't believe I wasted 25 bucks on a jar of this...trash. I have never been so displeased with a product in my entire life. I will NEVER buy this again, even if it was the cheapest product out there. I'll stick to Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. MUCH cheaper and MUCH better for my hair.

on 10/28/2008 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE: I cannot rave enough about this conditioning balm (I use it in conjunction with the hydrating shampoo). After using this stuff for the past 9 days, my hair is back to gorgeousness. I thought Day 1 was good. Day 9 is amazing. I have great hair days every day. Soft hair that's healthy looking and feeling. Plus all this and still frizz-free even when it's drizzling out (I live in FL). My hair still has body & fullness but there's now a smooth type bounce to it that hasn't been there.... ever? It also stays silky & does not get tangled during the day now. And after 9 days, there should be build-up from a product that from its results seems so moisturizing. But there is none. I examined the individual strands today & they look sturdy, healthy, and shiny where they used to be dull and ragged. I had my last trim (inch off) a whole month ago but I could not find a single split-end. HG squared, I love this, I have thrown out all my other ineffectual "deep" conditioners. Way to go Matrix! P.S. I still use this product exactly as described below. The only change to my routine is I have added 4 sprays of Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner by Sexy Hair after squeeze-toweling my hair and before blow-drying upside down with a paddle brush. My hair doesn't need it for moisture help or detangling or anything (the conditioner does that beautifully), I use it to add protection from my blow-dryer. Always use heat protection! :)

PERVIOUS REVIEW: I bought this specifically because my hairdresser said it was just the thing for my severely damaged hair. And she is a nice lady, not a product-pusher so I trusted her and bought it. My sister has been raving about this stuff for years but I never listened to her lol.
Background-
My hair: very fine but a lot of it, shoulder-blade length, sliiightly wavy when air-dried (which is not often), dry, burned (on the ends from using a flat iron on too high heat), coloured often, & blow-dried daily.
OH EM GEE. I have only used it once so far and I'm very excited. I was about to give up on my hair, it was in such bad shape... I just wanted to pull it out. But this morning I used this & for the first time my hair is in much closer shape to pre-burning it/pre-colouring it. It was amazing. I couldn't stop touching my hair. I am very much looking forward to continued improvement with continued use, as so many helpful girls on here have reviewed as happening. As it is now, my hair feels almost virgin again and I am so glad I purchased this! I scooped out a quarter sized dollop (due to reading other reviewers warnings that less is more with this stuff) through my entire wet hair after lathering with a nickel of the Biolage moisturizing shampoo (again, less is more). I left the conditoner on for 3-4 minutes while loofahing my body. It rinsed out well & pretty quickly but not so cleanly (as I've experienced with pretty much all other conditioners) that I couldn't tell I'd used it. It was still slightly slippery in a very good way. After squeeze-toweling dry, I didn't even need to put a leave-in conditioner on my hair to comb it out, my hair was just super silky all on its own. That in itself was a miracle since my hair is always super tangly and squishy (if you know what I mean, you'll realize how truly damaged my hair is) no matter what in-shower conditioner was used in the past. The way the comb slipped right through it in addition to having a great, pre-damage-like hair day makes this pending holy grail material.*

*HG pending due to past conditioners disappointing me & becoming ineffective or damaging after a few weeks of use. I will update after a week or two of using both shampoo & conditioner to see if hair improves further with use or if conditioner become ineffective and/or causes build-up or brittleness.*

on 9/29/2008 8:08:00 PM

This has been my go-to for about 5 years. I use this when my Bumble and Bumble seems to be losing it's effectiveness. It always conditions beautifully and my hair is always detangled out of the shower. For the price, I really like this out of all the Matrix products.

on 9/1/2008 3:01:00 PM

I thought that this balm, being thicker than most conditioners would do the trick, but it made my hair frizzier and with a dry feeling. The total opposite of what I expected.

on 8/25/2008 1:43:00 AM

I have medium-long, wavy, FRIZZY, thinning hair (gotta luv genetic's and age, eh!?!). I must say that w/the thinning of this MANE of hair I have LOTS of it! Conditioning Balm has long been a fav. of mine and my hair. I do try and use other shamp. & cond. besides this one, however I always come back to this one. And it gives a great "repeat" performance score for my hair. The scent is really great, consistency is good and if I didn't get so excited to be using it once again I wouldn't use more product than necessary on moi's hair. OCD kicks in with this stuff. I know, I need help. ;-) No excess build up, no drying out this mane of mine, no scalp/skin adverse reactions on this very sensitive gal. It's not cheap, but it is worth it for me as it deliver's applause from me every time I return to using this conditioner. Thumbs wayyy up on this one! :-)

Top Rated Matrix Products