April 21, 2014 | 970 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2003 11:32:00 PM More reviews by lj6380

I finally found a suncreen for my oily/acne prone skin. And because of the products I use to (try to) treat my acne, I definitely need sunscreen! I can wear it under make-up, or even by itself - with a little powder on a good day, or when working out. I'm even on my second tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2003 6:56:00 PM More reviews by MkChic

This broke me out like crazy the day after i used it. The reason I gave it a four is because it probably works well for drier skin types because my mom loves it and never uses any other sunscreen but this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2003 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Pink2003

Overall, this is the best sunscreen I have ever used. This is my third or fourth tube. I love the texture of this sunscreen and love about the fact that it doesn't make my skin oily at all. Because I get tanned very well and I don't like it, I need to rely on this throughout the year. I believet this also has some type of antioxidant ingredients, which always helps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2003 10:47:00 AM More reviews by CurlsExperiment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love with this product! After trying countless brands and formulations of sunscreens for my very fair, normal to dry, sensitive and acne prone skin, I have found my HG!
This is slightly tinted, and while I was afraid it would be too dark for my skin (most tinted moisturizers, even in the lightest shade, are) it is light enough. The tint disappears, but leaves a smooth, matte finish. I only apply powder after this and my skin looks almost flawless.
The SPF is great for my very fair skin and I have had absolutely no irritation with it. I can actually apply it around my eyes and it doesn't burn or sting like many other sunscreens did.
The tube is very convenient, it stands upright on its metal cap and dispenses easily without making any mess.
This product is more expensive than I am used to paying for sunscreen (about $15 for 1.7oz), but I am completely willing to pay the price for this wonderful product. No more irritated skin and white cast for me.
Love Super City Block!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2003 3:53:00 PM More reviews by hutchepsut

I like this one, though the physical sunblock like this might be a little bit too occlusive for my oily, acne prone skin. I suspect it might be one of causes of my pimples sometimes.
(oh well ! I am allegic to Parsol 1789, so I have no choice I guess)

Update: I now switch to MD formulation instead. Supercity is too heavy for my oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2003 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Fiend

Nice creamy texture. Still can't understand why its tinted?
Anyways - i'm not big on sunscreen because i always forget to use it!
This one is nice, but i would like to purchase Ultraceuticals Antioxidant Daily Moisturiser SPF 30 :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2003 8:18:00 PM More reviews by koolkatz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ABsolutely love it. I have quite oily skin, and this goes on pretty much dry. Also adds a touch of colour to your skin. May not feel too good for ppl with dry skin. Doesn't cause breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2003 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Magalie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this sunblock ever since it came out a few years ago. It is a very gentle physical sunblock that does not irritate my skin or eyes, and it is fragrance-free. It is lightly tinted, and evens out my PPP skin like a tinted moisturizer. I use it mostly in the summer time. I have to use it over a moisturizer, otherwise it does not spread very well. During the winter, I prefer to use the City Block sheer SPF 15. Great product overall!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2003 12:36:00 AM More reviews by shirfene

I'm surprise how good this product is, totally greaseless and light. I won't have to be afraid to put this on top of my moisturiser, it didn't make my skin any oilier! A very handy 40ml squeeze tube, costing au$34. It has very tiny opening so I'm assuming it's not as runny as other sunscreen products, hoping it to last longer :P. Wonder why it's pricier than shiseido face cream sunblock in Australia. Anyway, the Shiseido one is softer, but this is lighter, both easy to spread and I love both! Hmm...I'm not sure whether this is fragrance free but it does smell a bit funny. I'm sure I'm gonna repurchase this again and again! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2003 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

This is an Old Faithful I find myself coming back to again and again after trying more glamorous things like Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer (perfect color but turned out to not be broad-spectrum protection) and Neutrogena's Healthy Defense (tint too dark, made me break out). This is not pigmented enough to counted as tinted moisturizer, but it can substitute as base in a pinch--it seems to smooth things out , mattify and fill up pores somewhat (then again, I am light-complected). The high non-chemical SPF is great and I don't find the smell obnoxious--it's the smell of something that doesn't have a lot of irritating fragrance to cover up a smell, if you catch my drift. Tube is convenient for toting and the price is fair compared to a lot of others.