October 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2003 5:47:00 AM More reviews by santokie77

I am on my third tube in the last two years. Other reviewers have gone into a lot of details about this product, so I will just write about my personal experience.

I really like the fact that it is SPF 25, and I wear minimal SPF 15, and although the tube is only 1.4 oz, it seems to last quite awhile on me. It is a sheer coverage so it's not intended to cover major flaws. I use this product when I am going for the natural look. For someone with oily skin, this is pretty non greasy for me and I really like the product. If I could find another product for cheaper I would buy it, but I buy two at a time during Clinique GWP and it works out well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2003 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sandydarling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this years ago from my mom as a sunscreen but also makeup base - and I hated it! It smelled bad, was hard to blend, and never really worked into my skin. The other day, I found a tube that I purchased over the summer and I applied it and I realized the goodness of this product. I found that I need quite a bit to cover my face thoroughly without blending problems, and as it is winter, I need a moisturizer underneath too. However, it works really well as a tinted moisturizer! It spread nicely over my face when I had a lump about the size of a peanut M&M. This solves my problem of always needing sunscreen, so I really love the product now. I can only use it on my "good skin days" though, otherwise it just doesn't blend into broken out skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2003 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Windermere

Very matte for a sunscreen. One cannot tell that one is wearing it. However, it made me feel like I was not fully sun protected
It is tinted and although it does not show, it does rub off onto collars just like foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2003 12:16:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading a review by Paula B. and this product was a Paula's Pick. I did not have very good luck with it. I broke out within two days. It also goes on very dry and it not easy to add make-up afterwards. Though some women sware by this product for me it was a problem. Will definately not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2003 1:17:00 AM More reviews by chinagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my umpteenth tube of this stuff.I practically bathe in this stuff.I'm very pale and have extremely oily zit prone skin and for some reason this has never broken me out.I put it all over my face,even the eye area,and makeup glides over it.I even use a tiny bit when I go out at night because it evens out my skin so well.Unless I find something that works just as well but cheaper,I'll keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2003 11:32:00 PM More reviews by lj6380

I finally found a suncreen for my oily/acne prone skin. And because of the products I use to (try to) treat my acne, I definitely need sunscreen! I can wear it under make-up, or even by itself - with a little powder on a good day, or when working out. I'm even on my second tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2003 6:56:00 PM More reviews by MkChic

This broke me out like crazy the day after i used it. The reason I gave it a four is because it probably works well for drier skin types because my mom loves it and never uses any other sunscreen but this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2003 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Pink2003

Overall, this is the best sunscreen I have ever used. This is my third or fourth tube. I love the texture of this sunscreen and love about the fact that it doesn't make my skin oily at all. Because I get tanned very well and I don't like it, I need to rely on this throughout the year. I believet this also has some type of antioxidant ingredients, which always helps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2003 10:47:00 AM More reviews by CurlsExperiment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love with this product! After trying countless brands and formulations of sunscreens for my very fair, normal to dry, sensitive and acne prone skin, I have found my HG!
This is slightly tinted, and while I was afraid it would be too dark for my skin (most tinted moisturizers, even in the lightest shade, are) it is light enough. The tint disappears, but leaves a smooth, matte finish. I only apply powder after this and my skin looks almost flawless.
The SPF is great for my very fair skin and I have had absolutely no irritation with it. I can actually apply it around my eyes and it doesn't burn or sting like many other sunscreens did.
The tube is very convenient, it stands upright on its metal cap and dispenses easily without making any mess.
This product is more expensive than I am used to paying for sunscreen (about $15 for 1.7oz), but I am completely willing to pay the price for this wonderful product. No more irritated skin and white cast for me.
Love Super City Block!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2003 3:53:00 PM More reviews by hutchepsut

I like this one, though the physical sunblock like this might be a little bit too occlusive for my oily, acne prone skin. I suspect it might be one of causes of my pimples sometimes.
(oh well ! I am allegic to Parsol 1789, so I have no choice I guess)

Update: I now switch to MD formulation instead. Supercity is too heavy for my oily skin.