April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2004 12:16:00 PM More reviews by petitepishe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One more thing, if you are using this as a spot treatment, probably better to use plain tea trea oil, as it will not clog your pores and is a natural antiseptic, and not as harsh as alcohol.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2004 12:15:00 PM More reviews by petitepishe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Someone's review said that there is shea butter to moisturize the skin in this product. I own a container, though, and there is no shea butter in it. Most tea trea oil products are used to calm acne and oily skin. Shea butter is actually acnogenic and clogs pores...only good for very dry skin or non-facial skin. As for the mask's true ingredients, it does contain cetearyl alcohol, myristyl myristate, and octyl palmitate, which all have the ability to cause cosmetic ACNE, maybe the moisturizing properties of these acne-causing ingredients is what has caused some reviewers to report that the mask was moisturizing to their skin. The ingredient that causes the mask to be green, chromium hydroxide, is harmless though. I have only used the mask once, and it did not break me out, but since I have researched the ingredients and found many of them to be acnogenic, I will throw this out in the trash. Not for acne-prone skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2004 6:51:00 PM More reviews by bumblebeezer

im surprised not very many people like this mask b/c i really like it. its reasonably priced and i actually like the bright green color b/c then i know if i got all the mask off. the scent isnt wonderful but its not something that i cant handle. when i put it on it felt soothing and when i rinsed it off my face felt very smooth and refined. also not dried out which most every other mask does. a great mask definetly buy again. o and i also reccomend using a toner afterwards to get all of it off.

update:turns out my first impression of this stuff was totaly wrong. you would think it would be effective with kaolin and tea tree oil but for calling it a tea tree oil mask tea tree oil is pretty far down the ingredient list. i put this stuff on a pimple before going to bed and it was even bigger the next morning! didnt help at all. i just dont think the Body Shop knows how to make a good tea tree oil product. ive tried the TTO pressed powder, this mask, and the TTO blemish stick and i wouldnt repurchase any of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2004 11:21:00 AM More reviews by powderpurr

This is for people who like to use tea tree oil. I really like using this mask because it is very refreshing & I like the scent of tea tree oil. I like to put it on over my t-zone. Note be sure to wash this off really well so that you will not break out. I've never had a problem breaking out with this stuff. Over all this is an enjoyable relaxing mask that makes my face glow!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by angellical

Didn't work on me. I only bought it because there was a promotion for 3 tea tree oil products for $25 and nothing else seemed to clear up my skin. This mask didn't clear it up either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2004 3:54:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fun for the Hollywood movie color green it is, but not much more. Didn't do a whole lot for my skin as a mask, although it is nice as an overnight spot treatment. For the price, your better off with the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2004 10:45:00 AM More reviews by juju_ger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like that its tea tree....suppose to control my acnes but after using a few times, doesn't seem to improve my skin at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 8:56:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mask was OK. It is very creamy and I felt that it had better moisturizing qualities than oil-absorbing or blemish-fighting power. It rinsed off OK and I didn't see any negative or positive side effects, only that it moisturized my skin, but it wasn't a particularly lovely experience using it. I used it several times and got bored with it. I'm bored with masks in general. My tip: invest in better "everyday" skincare stuff, and skip the mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2004 4:51:00 PM More reviews by monologist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like the feeling of my comfortable, soft and moistured skin after using this product, while other deep-cleasing/anti-acne mask would leave my cheek a red glow. And I do think it prevents breakouts during 2 months of use. It works much more than I can expect at the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2004 7:52:00 AM More reviews by dorita

I absolutely love this mask, I've been using it for yeasr, and I find it deep-cleanses my skin very well. My skin looks radiant afterwards, and my blackheads are almost invisible after I use it. I'll definitely buy it again!