July 29, 2014 | 1995 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2005 5:57:00 AM More reviews by snooby711

this is one of my fav masks from the body shop. it feels cool and calming when i put it on.
i leave it on for around 2 hours until it dries, the instructions said the mask does not dry, but it actually does, just have to wait a bit longer than the suggested time. and after i rinse it off, my skin feels really clean and smooh.
i think that only when it completely dries, it clears out pimples.
it is a bit difficult to wash, i suggest wash it off with hands, as if u use a face washer, it turns the washer to green.
i use this mask once every 10 days or so.. when i do get pimples, i just dab some of the tea tree oil mask on the spot, and leave it on all day.. (i only do that when im home..^^) it reduces the spot, redness.. and helps to dry it up..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2004 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Rainbow_Dim

The color and packaging is cute, the smell isn't bad and skin feels good after using it, but it made me break out with small pimples afterward and I don't need that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2004 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Miss_Blue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it love it love it! This mask is gentle yet deep cleaning. It made my oily skin feel fresh and clean after using it and did a good job getting rid of acne that I already had. Hurray! I'm in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2004 10:15:00 AM More reviews by bobo_32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i wuite like the product, it left my face quite soft. i dnt hav an adne prone skin, but i stil like using tea tree products. il recomend it to anynoe :D

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2004 3:42:00 PM More reviews by yaoyao810216

I got oil skin. This product is horrible. When it on my face, I feel it just like burning my skin. It made me very nervous. After it my face became red specially at the acne area. I give it 2 but 1, the only reason is, it well come dnow after few hours and it' not very dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2004 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Lilstace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This face mask works wonders for my skin! I tend to apply little bits here and there when I have a breakout and it takes away all the redness and soothes the spots.

Easy to use and non sticky at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2004 12:16:00 PM More reviews by petitepishe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One more thing, if you are using this as a spot treatment, probably better to use plain tea trea oil, as it will not clog your pores and is a natural antiseptic, and not as harsh as alcohol.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2004 12:15:00 PM More reviews by petitepishe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Someone's review said that there is shea butter to moisturize the skin in this product. I own a container, though, and there is no shea butter in it. Most tea trea oil products are used to calm acne and oily skin. Shea butter is actually acnogenic and clogs pores...only good for very dry skin or non-facial skin. As for the mask's true ingredients, it does contain cetearyl alcohol, myristyl myristate, and octyl palmitate, which all have the ability to cause cosmetic ACNE, maybe the moisturizing properties of these acne-causing ingredients is what has caused some reviewers to report that the mask was moisturizing to their skin. The ingredient that causes the mask to be green, chromium hydroxide, is harmless though. I have only used the mask once, and it did not break me out, but since I have researched the ingredients and found many of them to be acnogenic, I will throw this out in the trash. Not for acne-prone skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2004 6:51:00 PM More reviews by bumblebeezer

im surprised not very many people like this mask b/c i really like it. its reasonably priced and i actually like the bright green color b/c then i know if i got all the mask off. the scent isnt wonderful but its not something that i cant handle. when i put it on it felt soothing and when i rinsed it off my face felt very smooth and refined. also not dried out which most every other mask does. a great mask definetly buy again. o and i also reccomend using a toner afterwards to get all of it off.

update:turns out my first impression of this stuff was totaly wrong. you would think it would be effective with kaolin and tea tree oil but for calling it a tea tree oil mask tea tree oil is pretty far down the ingredient list. i put this stuff on a pimple before going to bed and it was even bigger the next morning! didnt help at all. i just dont think the Body Shop knows how to make a good tea tree oil product. ive tried the TTO pressed powder, this mask, and the TTO blemish stick and i wouldnt repurchase any of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2004 11:21:00 AM More reviews by powderpurr

This is for people who like to use tea tree oil. I really like using this mask because it is very refreshing & I like the scent of tea tree oil. I like to put it on over my t-zone. Note be sure to wash this off really well so that you will not break out. I've never had a problem breaking out with this stuff. Over all this is an enjoyable relaxing mask that makes my face glow!