The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.

on 11/10/2005 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't believe how horrible this product is. I used it once, I broke me out. I thought that was normal because it was my first time using it. I used it again a week later, it broke me out again. Being the sucker for punishment that I am, I tried it one more time a week after that, and now I have the most horrible, painful pimples I have ever had on my face. Normally when I break out, the pimples small and go away in a day or two, but after using this product, I broke out so bad with gross, painful and HUGE pimples. If anyone says this product works well for them, they can HAVE my jar of it...otherwise, into the trash it goes.

on 9/30/2005 8:47:00 PM

i started using this a year ago, and continue to use it once a week to keep things calm...my first tub lasted me the whole year, and it is great for calming my skin down. also, i like to use it for on-the-spot treatment of surprises...just dab a little on overnight, and by the morning my pimples shrink and are less painful. i definitely recommend it...worth the $12!

on 9/11/2005 10:06:00 AM

seems like this mask is not getting a good rating of over 4. well, i have been using this mask for about a year. I must say it does not perform miracles but it is good. It is soothing, calms the skin and reduce inflammation. Whenever i have pimples, i will layer this on and leave it for about 20 mins. my pimples will then become less painful after that application. i will definitely keep one tub of this mask by my side, comes in handy whenever i need something to soothe angry and painful pimples. To me, it works like a pimple cream in the form of a mask. lastly, I have combination skin and this mask does not dry out my skin too.

on 9/5/2005 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it soothes my skin and calms my breakouts. it's like a spa experience in my own home. I LOVE IT!!!! however, i can't use it too often as it tends to irritate and make me break out. but the result is almost miraculous if i only used it say once in 2 weeks.

on 8/26/2005 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The jar (100ml) is enough to last me for some time as it's only meant to be use twice a week at the most, so I don't think I will buy this again. It does give me instant results such as less redness on my face, but the fact that it advertises it to be tea tree oil is misleading as it's on the last few ingredients, hardly an active component of the mask! Takes one lippie off for that, otherwise it would be a 4. Make sure not to layer it on, because it will *sting*! But it does feel nice and soothing and I do have big problems with red blemished skin, but for others with the same problem as me, don't rely on it to cure the problem, just a nice treat for the skin imo. :)

on 8/20/2005 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used it for 3 weeks now and I think it is actually working! I am prone to break-outs, and since using this product, there has definately been less emerging pimples.

on 8/9/2005 3:23:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This mask makes my face refreshing because of its smell, but my face is sensitive, sometimes it hurts like its burning (be careful and get a sample before you buy it if you have sensitive skin). But overall it is an OK product. Didnt really help on my acne...Would recommend it if you have oily and NOT sensitive skin.

on 6/26/2005 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have comb-oily skin with acne and active pimples. This mask helps to calm one or two pimples or even non. I like how it feels on my skin when i put it on!But it dosen't work for me, def.won't repurchase.

on 6/3/2005 7:37:00 PM

i like this green pastey stuff!! i bought this when i heard tea tree and kaolin helps to get rid of pimples and redness. this product is pretty good, but i've had this for about a year, and there's still A LOT left. (i'm not even done a quarter of the jar!) it comes in a green jar, and the mask is green too. the first time i smell the stuff... EW! but then i got used to it.. so it wasnt that bad. it says that the "mask does not dry". however, it did dry. i looked like a green face monster with it on! my pores feel really relieved after using this. i find myself reaching for this when i sense a breakout coming on, or when i ate a lot of oily foods. and honestly, it does help to prevent pimples. however, i do find that this combats future breakouts more so (won't make you break out!). **UPDATE** recently i dug this out again.. yes.. i've had this for almost 2 years now! TWO!!! i kno i should've thrown it out since it's old and stuff.. but.. im a cheapo.. lol. i wanted to finish this up since it's been so long ago.. and i used it everyday for about a week now.. WOW~~ the redness is a lot better.. and my face looks a lot better! i'll probably repurchase if i dnt find anything better.. but.. i dnno yet! we'll see.. ~ ;)

I thought this mask was pretty good because it felt cool and soothing to my skin. I usually buy those masks that u apply and it literally feels like its sucking your face its so tight, this mask in paticualr does not do that so it feels like its not working. Maybe cause it says it doesnt dry. I liked that it didnt break me out although i think my acne days are over except for around that time of month. Whatever little bumps i may have didnt seem any smaller but may work over a longer period of time. Tea tree oil is extremly good for blemished skin and its natural so i would buy it again, but if u like those clay oil sucking masks than i dont recommend this mask.

Popular Masks