October 26, 2014 | 994 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2004 8:24:00 AM More reviews by ninersgirl

I ♥ Back 2 MAC!!!! It's one of the best perks of being a MAC devotee!

I usually buy all my e/s in Pro Palette Pan form, but LE ones only come in the pots. I depot using the hair-dryer method. I pop the plastic insert out of the pot with the tip of my swiss army knife, then blast the back of that for 2 minutes with the hair dryer on high. The pan slips right out. I haven't had a single cracked e/s using this method! I also use the same method to depot my MAC blushes and I put those in an Aveda magnetic palette.

Back 2 MAC is the best way to try new lipsticks! I don't even buy lipsticks anymore (unless they're LE) -- I just wait until I have enough empties to get something new.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2004 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ShortMegan

How wonderful is this? Take back 6 plastic containers (or paint tubes) and get a free lipstick! Wheee! EL, take note: This is good for the environment, good for the consumer and good for EL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by chanel_junkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish that all cosmetic companies would adopt this policy. How much waste is generated from old make-up cases? There really is no need. I wish too that there would be more refill options. Who really needs a new compact with each powder? Good on you, MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2004 7:45:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

fantastic program! I love getting free lipsticks, MAC lipsticks, which are the best ones out there! it is good for mother earth, and good for the consumer, I love this program!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2004 4:35:00 PM More reviews by laureg

a great idea! giving up used containers for free lipstick? another reason why i love MAC so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2004 2:29:00 AM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the best makeup PR strategies ever thought up. They take back our "garbage" and we get a free lipstick! It's fabulous! So far I've only traded in for 3 lippies, which I then swapped for since I'm not a lipstick wearer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2004 2:29:00 AM More reviews by tortien

How can you not love this great idea?

Bring in your empty pots, lipsticks, powders etc and get a free lippy.

Whats not to love?

Helping your bank balance AND the environment!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2004 2:07:00 AM More reviews by shephoenix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Back-to-Mac recycling program is the best idea! I can't tell you how many lipsticks I owe to that program! I wish other makeup companies would follow suit. They even took back a lipstick that my puppy had chewed up! :) Save your six empty plastics and you get a FREE lipstick of any shade other than the viva glams. FABULOUS! Long Live MAC!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2004 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Hellykitto

How can you NOT like this? It's a pretty brilliant move on Mac's part, if you ask me. I have found myself often buying a MAC product when the need arises cuz I know the empty will be contributed toward a lippie later! Nice "value-added" marketing strategy by MAC. I have no problem with that...they sell, I get free stuff, everybody's happy. Save those empties, girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2004 2:56:00 PM More reviews by SpeakerPunk

Major Coup for MAC! Save 6 empties (except glass containers) and turn them in in ANY condition for a lipstick of your choice (some LE restrictions may apply, this is a fairly new rule). Not only do we the customers get a free lipstick and know we helped the environment in some small way, but MAC looks like a hero :) There are 2 ways to turn in empties. Either send them in to the mailing address provided at the MAC web site, or turn them in in person to a friendly SA.