MAC Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

4.7

on 9/9/2004 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great program. You bring back 6 empty plastic products (they don't even have to be empty) and you get to choose a lipstick for free, excluding the Viva Glams. This is a great program since I use alot of MAC Blot powder and end up with the compacts. But, I don't really like MAC lipsticks. :( I'd so much rather pick an eyeshadow, which are even cheaper than a lipstick. Oh well....maybe they will change it someday.

I don't live close to a stand-alone store so most of my shadows are in pot form (until I depot them!) It's nice to recycle and get a free lipstick, too!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this program as well. Too bad you couldn't get eyeshadows as well, but hey... who else offers such a great program?!!

on 8/12/2004 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this program! I only wish you could get something else besides lipstick.

on 8/6/2004 8:24:00 AM

I ♥ Back 2 MAC!!!! It's one of the best perks of being a MAC devotee!

I usually buy all my e/s in Pro Palette Pan form, but LE ones only come in the pots. I depot using the hair-dryer method. I pop the plastic insert out of the pot with the tip of my swiss army knife, then blast the back of that for 2 minutes with the hair dryer on high. The pan slips right out. I haven't had a single cracked e/s using this method! I also use the same method to depot my MAC blushes and I put those in an Aveda magnetic palette.

Back 2 MAC is the best way to try new lipsticks! I don't even buy lipsticks anymore (unless they're LE) -- I just wait until I have enough empties to get something new.

on 8/4/2004 10:22:00 AM

How wonderful is this? Take back 6 plastic containers (or paint tubes) and get a free lipstick! Wheee! EL, take note: This is good for the environment, good for the consumer and good for EL!

on 7/23/2004 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wish that all cosmetic companies would adopt this policy. How much waste is generated from old make-up cases? There really is no need. I wish too that there would be more refill options. Who really needs a new compact with each powder? Good on you, MAC!

on 7/21/2004 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

fantastic program! I love getting free lipsticks, MAC lipsticks, which are the best ones out there! it is good for mother earth, and good for the consumer, I love this program!!

on 7/19/2004 4:35:00 PM

a great idea! giving up used containers for free lipstick? another reason why i love MAC so.

on 7/17/2004 2:29:00 AM

One of the best makeup PR strategies ever thought up. They take back our "garbage" and we get a free lipstick! It's fabulous! So far I've only traded in for 3 lippies, which I then swapped for since I'm not a lipstick wearer.

Popular Other Products