July 31, 2014 | 1977 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2004 7:45:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

fantastic program! I love getting free lipsticks, MAC lipsticks, which are the best ones out there! it is good for mother earth, and good for the consumer, I love this program!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2004 4:35:00 PM More reviews by laureg

a great idea! giving up used containers for free lipstick? another reason why i love MAC so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2004 2:29:00 AM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the best makeup PR strategies ever thought up. They take back our "garbage" and we get a free lipstick! It's fabulous! So far I've only traded in for 3 lippies, which I then swapped for since I'm not a lipstick wearer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2004 2:29:00 AM More reviews by tortien

How can you not love this great idea?

Bring in your empty pots, lipsticks, powders etc and get a free lippy.

Whats not to love?

Helping your bank balance AND the environment!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2004 2:07:00 AM More reviews by shephoenix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Back-to-Mac recycling program is the best idea! I can't tell you how many lipsticks I owe to that program! I wish other makeup companies would follow suit. They even took back a lipstick that my puppy had chewed up! :) Save your six empty plastics and you get a FREE lipstick of any shade other than the viva glams. FABULOUS! Long Live MAC!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2004 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Hellykitto

How can you NOT like this? It's a pretty brilliant move on Mac's part, if you ask me. I have found myself often buying a MAC product when the need arises cuz I know the empty will be contributed toward a lippie later! Nice "value-added" marketing strategy by MAC. I have no problem with that...they sell, I get free stuff, everybody's happy. Save those empties, girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2004 2:56:00 PM More reviews by SpeakerPunk

Major Coup for MAC! Save 6 empties (except glass containers) and turn them in in ANY condition for a lipstick of your choice (some LE restrictions may apply, this is a fairly new rule). Not only do we the customers get a free lipstick and know we helped the environment in some small way, but MAC looks like a hero :) There are 2 ways to turn in empties. Either send them in to the mailing address provided at the MAC web site, or turn them in in person to a friendly SA.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2004 9:11:00 AM More reviews by lil_angel162

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a great idea: Turn back 6 empty containers/tubes/packaging of MAC products, and get one lipstick back free. It is great incentive to recycle MAC product packaging (especially for die-hard fans!) and gain yet another MAC product... free! Great idea, except of course, I'd prefer a lipgloss, but whatever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 2:02:00 AM More reviews by muakitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ♥ MAC's recycling program! What an innovative idea--get a FREE lipstick (worth $14 USD) by turning in 6 empty plastic or glass containers. I acquire at least 3 free lipsticks per year with this program, since I regularly use Studio Fix, Studio Stick Concealer and Blot Powder. I only wish we had a choice to get lipglass instead, but oh well. I'm finding more and more MAC lipsticks to love this way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2004 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cherrychums

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome program, every 6 plastic products for one free lipstick. Although it takes so long to finish any e/s or lipgloss, I feel like the mascara is the most easiest item I can accumulate empty containers and I love MAC mascaras. It used to count the pencil sharpener as well but I think they have changed recently...