MAC Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

4.7

on 12/26/2004 9:23:00 AM

I have no idea what MAC does with the items that are returned to them (can they really be recycled?), but returning them for other kinds of use beats throwing plastic items into the trash. I'm looking forward to redeeming more lipsticks! I hope other companies follow what MAC has done.

on 9/9/2004 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great program. You bring back 6 empty plastic products (they don't even have to be empty) and you get to choose a lipstick for free, excluding the Viva Glams. This is a great program since I use alot of MAC Blot powder and end up with the compacts. But, I don't really like MAC lipsticks. :( I'd so much rather pick an eyeshadow, which are even cheaper than a lipstick. Oh well....maybe they will change it someday.

I don't live close to a stand-alone store so most of my shadows are in pot form (until I depot them!) It's nice to recycle and get a free lipstick, too!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this program as well. Too bad you couldn't get eyeshadows as well, but hey... who else offers such a great program?!!

on 8/12/2004 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this program! I only wish you could get something else besides lipstick.

on 8/6/2004 8:24:00 AM

I ♥ Back 2 MAC!!!! It's one of the best perks of being a MAC devotee!

I usually buy all my e/s in Pro Palette Pan form, but LE ones only come in the pots. I depot using the hair-dryer method. I pop the plastic insert out of the pot with the tip of my swiss army knife, then blast the back of that for 2 minutes with the hair dryer on high. The pan slips right out. I haven't had a single cracked e/s using this method! I also use the same method to depot my MAC blushes and I put those in an Aveda magnetic palette.

Back 2 MAC is the best way to try new lipsticks! I don't even buy lipsticks anymore (unless they're LE) -- I just wait until I have enough empties to get something new.

on 8/4/2004 10:22:00 AM

How wonderful is this? Take back 6 plastic containers (or paint tubes) and get a free lipstick! Wheee! EL, take note: This is good for the environment, good for the consumer and good for EL!

on 7/23/2004 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wish that all cosmetic companies would adopt this policy. How much waste is generated from old make-up cases? There really is no need. I wish too that there would be more refill options. Who really needs a new compact with each powder? Good on you, MAC!

on 7/21/2004 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

fantastic program! I love getting free lipsticks, MAC lipsticks, which are the best ones out there! it is good for mother earth, and good for the consumer, I love this program!!

on 7/19/2004 4:35:00 PM

a great idea! giving up used containers for free lipstick? another reason why i love MAC so.

Top Rated MAC Products