Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 9/23/2012 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The ELDW is my first and only high-end foundation and I bought it after reading all the awesome reviews here. I wore it for a outdoor photo shoot to see how it performed.

Pros:
1. Long-lasting even in humid and hot weather - it lasted me throughout the photo shoot which took 6 hours in the hot sun, with lots of walking
2. Excellent coverage! Concealed the pores around the nose and hid the redness from blemishes beautifully.
3. You only need a very small amount of product each time since it's so blendable.

Cons:
1. I noticed some white cast in a few photos when the lighting wasn't right. This is probably due to the SPF in the product - or the sunscreen which I used underneath the foundation.
2. Classic Estee Lauder bottle design, pouring the foundation out might be a little messy. To overcome this, I poured some into a sample jar and used the product from there.

I'm still trying out different foundations from various brands but it's likely that I'll come back to ELDW!

on 9/23/2012 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My mum got this for me as a gift and I must say its amazing ! Covers blemishes and spots you name it ! And it lasts the whole day ! It is abit pricey so i only wear this on occasions.

on 9/23/2012 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Over the last 29 years I have tried every foundation known to (wo) man – in every price range. My skin hasn’t changed much since I was 13 apart from a few light wrinkles and my pores getting larger with age – it’s still combination and pretty rubbish, much to my dismay and many thousands of pounds worth of products. Travelling to meetings/presentations, with regular long work days, plus providing the occasional late night “taxi service” for my three teenage children means I need something that I can put on and forget about whilst still looking fresh and polished. Well I may just have found it! The extremely helpful EL MA provided me with a weeks worth of sample in a little travel jar I had taken to the counter (I was sick of paying £40+ a pop only to find two days in that I hate the foundation. My dressing table was groaning under the strain of unused opened bottles – as was my long suffering hubby!!) A week later I am hooked and went to purchase the full size today. In fact I was that impressed I took my eldest teenage daughter with me to get her matched up and she now has a sample to try all this week- current feedback she loves it!! Downside I’m sure I will be the one paying for purchase next Saturday :-(. Summary – Great coverage (but don't overload as can look caked - needs a primer and best applied with fingers), matte finish that lasts all day, true colour matches, looks like the skin you always dreamed of. Ask your Estee lauder MA for a sample I'm sure they must provide the service at all stores and it they don't then they should do to show they stand by the effectiveness of their own product – I would say it try it and I'm sure you'll buy it - you have nothing to lose!!

on 9/22/2012 6:33:00 AM

This makeup has great coverage especially if you have uneven toned skin, or any blemishs like capillaries, it lasts all day long. EL need to add a pump to their packaging. Discovered a new shade Henna 4, girl at counter gave me a sample. I usually use Tawny for winter, this morning i mixed tawny with henna sample and I love it (its yellow tone) so going to go back to store to return shell beige for a swap of henna, (as I was going to try mixing tawny with shell beige). EL please bring out more yellow tones in DW as your makeup is a defenitely staple in my makeup regime. Tip good moisture cream eg. clinique dramatic underneath and no problem putting DW on your face, it helps it glide on. Bought a pump for my DW from MAC counter hope it works.. I have tried every makeup out there chanel, clinique, boots new, bobbi brown etc... sometimes I put a little MAC studio fix NC35 over DW tawny for a really nice finish...

on 9/21/2012 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Oh yes, definitely looks great on and has excellent coverage. It's like I instantly have flawless skin and you can't tell I am wearing make up. But it gave both my sister and I the worst acne I have ever had in my life. Seriously, my skin looked like a before picture for proactiv. Took me awhile to figure out it was the makeup, but sure enough, my nose and chin, the only.spots I didn't.put the makeup, were acne clear. And then my sister has managed to get her skin clear for a while now, but she broke out shortly after using this product on her cheeks- the only spot she put it on. If your skin has been a previous battle with acne, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

I love this foundation! I like trying new products but I always come back to this one. You dont need a lot to get great coverage. I have oily skin and I never feel shiny while wearing it. It lasts all day. I cant say enough good things about it.

on 9/16/2012 6:19:00 PM

First time my husband has ever commented on how good my skin looked....not the makeup, but my skin.....it was a great match, didn't feel as heavy as other longwear foundations, and looked great all day. It did not accentuate my wrinkles like some other longwear products did, and didn't appear mask like. Expensive yes, worth it, yes.....every day makeup I use my Missha BB Cream, but this is awesome when you want to look perfect!!!!!

Update: Although I still love this product, with my skin getting more fine lines, and a little drier in areas, it makes it very hard to get a perfect application without drawing attention to the lines....I never bothered trying to use the new formula, so I cannot say if they addressed this or not.

This is a very good foundation also for oily skin. Stays perfectly during the whole day without need to correct the make up. I was hesitant when this product was recommended for me but now I'm definitely convinced. Perfect for long office hours and nights out.

on 9/16/2012 6:36:00 AM

BEST matte and oil control foundation ever, it looks even better after a few hours because it gives you a dewy finish.

on 9/15/2012 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Let me just start off by saying this is my HG foundation!!! I'm so glad that I've finally found it after three years of searching and stressing over the perfect foundation. I tried countless foundations and this is by far the best I've encountered. I've tried Chanel, Armani, Dior, Laura Mercier, MUFE, NARS, MAC, Lancome, you name it, I've tried it. I have really oily, sensitive, and acne proned skin. So it's really hard for me to find the right foundation for my skin type. Also, I work 8 hrs a day and I'm a full time student during the evening so I needed something long wearing and won't budge. I tried Revlon colorstay for this purpose and loved it. But after a couple of days I started to have blackheads all over my cheeks. The nurse I work with suggested that since Colorstay isn't oil free, my pores may have been clogged. Estee Lauder DW did not make me break out at all!! Which is rare for long wearing foundations. Usually my face would be oily after 2-3 hrs of foundation wear. With DW, by the end of the day (my day consists from 7am-10pm) my face is just dewy, not greasy!! and that's without blotting! I wore it yesterday and my friends could not stop complimenting me about my foundation and now they all want to try it out. The only complain I have about this foundation is that the color range is good but not great. I am an NC40-42 in MAC and the lady from Macy's suggested that I'm a 4N1/4W1 Shell Beige. I purchased it and when I went home and tried it on my face it seemed a tad bit too light. So i exchanged it for the darker color which is 5W1 Bronze. I found out the next day that Bronze was too dark for me. So I purchased Shell Beige again, and just decided to mix it to get my perfect color. I don't mind it, but it's just inconvenient. Also this foundation does not come with a pump. So I purchased the MAC pump trimmed it a little, and it works perfectly! The brush I use for this is my MAC 188, and it gives me that airbrush finish I desire. I tried using my Sigma F80 with this foundation but I found that it made me look cakey. I just ordered the famous beauty blender, so I'll let you guys know how that goes! This foundation is highly highly recommended! I'm finally done searching for my HG! Go try it out!