Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Purified Water, PEG-4, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Panthenol, Glyereth-26, Sodium PCA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

on 1/29/2009 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This left a sticky feeling and made my face dry. Maybe I shouldn't use toners, I don't know. Figured it will keep the oilies at bay. I gave it an extra lippie because I can actually use it to clean up smudges of dye around my face, neck and ears. When I'm dying my hair or my mom's hair and I accidently smudge somewhere or see it later after it dries on my/her skin, I put some of this on a cotton ball and the dye/stain comes right off. That's what I use my unfinish bottle of toner for. Ahahahaha.

Well, I tried this product out after using the "deep Clean" version which i thought dried out my skin too much. This toner has no alcohol in it so it wont strip your skin. It left my face feeling almost sticky, not very refreshed at all, which i what i think a toner should do. I really dont think it helped my skin at all and i dont see the point of this product. I will not be repurchasing and i have yet to finish off my other bottle of the deep clean toner which i also didnt particularly like either.
Looks like its time to try clinique...
Also, if you have oily/combo skin ,IMO, dont bother with this one.

on 1/23/2009 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I reviewed this product when i first got it but now i strongly disagree with the good rating i gave it. Since using this i have broke out in many under the skin pimples, i guess they are called white heads.

on 1/11/2009 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Eh. This is an okay toner. It isn't drying and doesn't leave my skin tight. It doesn't remove impurities that well and this is not something I'll rebuy. The scent is a bit too heavy for me (I prefer the Nivea blue one). It claims to not sting your face but I stung mine mildly for the first week I used it. So I guess it's not super gentle or my face is more sensitive than I thought. However, I like how it is alcohol free. I'm going to finish the bottle and see if it actually does something.

on 1/6/2009 12:35:00 AM

Well, nothing to rave about, it does it's job. =) I'm sticking with my Clinque 3!

on 12/31/2008 4:48:00 PM

I like that this toner is alcohol free, but this leaves somewhat of a film on my skin and doesn't clean makeup very well. I wear washable makeup, so usually my cleanser washes most of it off and this toner cleans off whatever it didn't get. The scent is also kind of soap-y, which I don't know if I like. It didn't make my skin dry out, and I wouldn't buy this again because toner takes forever to use up and this has 8.5 oz. Pretty good value if you could care less about the results - for now, it's just something I'm going to use in between my Neutrogena Deep Clean Dual-Action Invigorating toner every other night.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like this stuff a lot, not really as a toner but instead of washing my face. When I'm lazy, I'll just put some of this stuff on a cotton ball and wipe my face with it and it takes off all my makeup (or whatever's left of it) and the dirt on my face. It's pretty simple, no fragrance really, no SA or BP or anything, so it's gentle. My Mom, with very sensitive skin, also uses it with no problems. I would definitly buy this again and have many times.

on 12/26/2008 3:42:00 PM

I think this toner has too much fragerance and not so much stuff that will make my skin look better:)
It's the same as before i even bought and started using this toner.
WIll try a different one......

on 12/24/2008 9:42:00 AM

I only use toner on my neck, as my neck is darker and yellower than my face, so I usually cleanse, tone and use whiteing products on my neck. I read the brilliant reviews here and decided on my trip to HK to get this toner. It wasnt cheap, I cant exactly remember the price but it was over 100HKD. I dont think they sell this toner in the UK, so even though its a tad bit expensive for a toner, I bought it.
Unfortunately, I didnt like the toner. It left my skin feeling sticky and itchy. Theres no rash but just felt really uncomfortable.
I didnt like the lid either. It could be just that my bottle has a faulty lid, but it would click back on easily. I had to carefully aim the sticking out bit to the hole.

on 12/8/2008 9:03:00 PM

I stopped using toners for at least a year now. My skin was getting along fine without it. Recently I started using Ly-Na Pearl Cream and it highlights all my dry areas and creates so many flakes (however does excellent job at evening my acne scars and face overall).

A lot of girls using the cream use toners along with it, so I decided to revisit Neutrogena's Alcohol-Free Toner. I remember using it a few years ago and liking it. Don't remember why I switched toners. After I started using this my dry areas started going away. It makes my face feel moisturized, soft, and refreshed. I don't feel/see any sticky or shiny film afterwards. It doesn't sting my (not severe) dry spots from bp and sa acne treatments either.