November 23, 2014 | 1567 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by joy998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this toner has too much fragerance and not so much stuff that will make my skin look better:)
It's the same as before i even bought and started using this toner.
WIll try a different one......

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only use toner on my neck, as my neck is darker and yellower than my face, so I usually cleanse, tone and use whiteing products on my neck. I read the brilliant reviews here and decided on my trip to HK to get this toner. It wasnt cheap, I cant exactly remember the price but it was over 100HKD. I dont think they sell this toner in the UK, so even though its a tad bit expensive for a toner, I bought it.
Unfortunately, I didnt like the toner. It left my skin feeling sticky and itchy. Theres no rash but just felt really uncomfortable.
I didnt like the lid either. It could be just that my bottle has a faulty lid, but it would click back on easily. I had to carefully aim the sticking out bit to the hole.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Sua

I stopped using toners for at least a year now. My skin was getting along fine without it. Recently I started using Ly-Na Pearl Cream and it highlights all my dry areas and creates so many flakes (however does excellent job at evening my acne scars and face overall).

A lot of girls using the cream use toners along with it, so I decided to revisit Neutrogena's Alcohol-Free Toner. I remember using it a few years ago and liking it. Don't remember why I switched toners. After I started using this my dry areas started going away. It makes my face feel moisturized, soft, and refreshed. I don't feel/see any sticky or shiny film afterwards. It doesn't sting my (not severe) dry spots from bp and sa acne treatments either.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Dreamy

I have the oiliest T-zone, but the driest cheeks in the world that I have to use Eucerin on my cheeks after I wash my face...that is, until I met this toner! This toner has actually eliminated my need to use Eucerin on my face without making my t-zone feel overly oily. I also like how it's non-irritating on my skin and doesn't have alcohol! Not too many price-friendly toners can attest to this fact. This may just be my HG of toners :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by pinksugaraddict

this is my first toner i've ever used and i love it! the scent is very pleasant & it leaves my face feeling refreshed. also, after wiping it onto my face, i see brown colored stuff on my cotton round (i don't wear skin makeup like foundation/ concealer/ etc.)!

so that just proves that this really works! (or my cleanser isn't working o_o;) lol but anyway i also like how i can feel my skin tighten slightly ^^; which leads me to this: people with super dry skin, beware! this might cause your skin to flake and cause skin irritation (that's what happened with my brother).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdwardCullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this product is a very good product. While others may disagree, i think it smells great! I love the smell. I have been using it for 2 weeks and i haven't gotten any breakouts. I love the way my skin absorbs it and the fact that it doesn't strip my skin of its natural oils. This product claims to tone without the harshing effects of alcohol. This is somewhat true, because i had this dry spot and when my skin came in contact with the cosmetic pad of Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner, it started to sting, but it was nothing i couldn't handle. Since i wait a few minutes before putting my moisterizer on, i can feel the product absorbing into my skin, which makes me feel like it's working! Overall, i think this is a good product, although since i have ton of blackheads on my nose and the occasional hormonal breakouts, this does not help, but it doesn't say that it shoud help in those problematic areas, so it's all good. =]

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by abcdefg2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my on and off crush of the makeup world. It minimized pours and the coolness of it is invigorating. A little too harsh for the skin around your eyes. Still a nice addition to anyone's bathroom cabinet.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by loveandkiwi

i LOVE the smell of this toner. i think this toner does a good job in keeping my face nice and smooth... i don't even need to put on moisturizer after using this toner... i love it. only a few drops will do a great job. the bottle lasts me for at least a few months. worth the price

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by saturnine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of my staples! Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, but I can review it as a long-term user. I have combination, very acne-prone sensitive skin. I think I've been using this for over a year and a half and I've already repurchased this product 2 times. I use it every morning and every night after gentle cleansing with Cetaphil. It picks up every last bit of dirt/makeup/impurities and leaves my skin feeling very fresh, clean and moisturized. I cannot go a day without using this stuff because it also helps keep the flakies at bay after using my acne BP treatment. I don't mind the fragrance at all, and never leaves a greasy film. Love love love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by maozilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really decent toner. It removes all traces of make-up and dirt that my facewash may have left behind. After swiping it over my face, I can see that the cottonball I've used has little bits of dirt on it (sometimes it'll even look a little brown in places, which is impressive but also gross, haha). It seems to do just a good a job as the Clinique toner I was using before it. Another real perk is, like its name implies, the fact that it's alcohol free! It doesn't leave my face feeling dry and/or tight after using it--I sometimes feel like I could even skip moisturizing if I'm feeling really lazy. I might try experimenting with other toners/brands, but I can definitely picture myself coming back to this.