April 21, 2014 | 1199 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2005 3:51:00 AM More reviews by kimshithuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These types of eyelash combs are honestly the best in the business! I've had a couple of plastic ones and they never seperated my eyelashes. I bought one of these metal combs from alcone beauty and this was the first time I experienced such a great makeup tool. The tweezerman metal lash comb is my second purchase and it is even better than my other comb because it closes into a comb holder. I poked my hand so many times with the other metal comb and now I have finally found the comb of my dreams. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2005 8:47:00 AM More reviews by bitterspice

Even though I've poked myself in the eye a few times with this thing cause I'm just clumsy - I can't believe I ever lived without this eyelash saving tool before. I never bought a plastic one, I guess I'm lucky to have found the right one from the start!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2005 1:28:00 PM More reviews by MissMauve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good job, Mr. Tweezerman! No more clumpy lashes. Must-have tool.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2005 2:51:00 AM More reviews by lafrancaise

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did a GREAT job of combing and separating my fine, delicate lashes. I knocked one lippie off because the plastic cracked on the handle. I will repurchase and see if that was a fluke - I hope so, cuz I'm very happy with the performance of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 7:58:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I already owned a couple of eyelash combs (plastic one from Annabelle and a metal one from Club Monaco), and I couldn't justify yet another one. Well, the plastic one wasn't cutting it, my metal one got rusty where the teeth meets the plastic handle from repeat washings... so, I just had to get this one. I eyed it at the store for a few weeks (thinking that I could live with the plastic one for now, and because the Tweezerman is $8 CAD) and finally, they had a sale! I got mine for $6 CAD and it is as amazing as I had dreamed it would be. I love the fold away design (my other metal one had a cap, but the teeth would bend pretty easily) and the precision of the teeth makes combing out any clumps a breeze. I wash mine every other day with baby shampoo and a spare toothbrush. I kind of wish the handle of this wasn't white... it looks kind of cheap (now I'm just being picky). Anyhoo. I love how on the back of the package it comes with a warning: do not use this instrument without a mirror. Um yeah, no needle-like apparatus is coming within inches of my eyeballs without the aid of a reflective surface. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Oh yes, I will buy it again and already have once (I used my 1st one so much that some teeth came out). Absolutely one of my "must haves" for my daily routine. Get's any little clump and is only about $6.00 at Sally Beauty Supply. Will never, EVER go back to plastic combs again. A winner! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2005 1:15:00 AM More reviews by JLuv84

This eyelash comb is a staple in my makeup bag. The fine tooth metal comb is awesome at seperating my lashes and picking out clumps. Just watch out cuz it's really sharp and I've poked myself in the eye a few times when I was in a hurry. But, none the less it leaves my lashes beautiful and defined no matter what mascara I use. I think anyone who uses mascara should have this too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This metal toothed lash combs is a must ..I don't know how cosmetic companies can release those plastic combs with a straight face.What could they possibly be thinking?!? The teeth to this are more defined than most metal combs and it really gets into clumps and gives that perfect finishing touch..Easy to clean..Folds for travel or storage..Can be found at tweezerman.com or most Sally's Beauty Supply store.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2005 11:29:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

I spent a long time looking for a metal lash comb before finding one at a local beauty supply store. I used a dinky plastic one before that had rather thick teeth so that it took a long time and a lot of care to get my lashes clump-free. Mine is clear plastic, with fine metal tines, very closely spaced together. The head conveniently folds into the handle, making this great for travel. I use eye makeup remover and an old toothbrush to clean it. Be very careful with this, as the tines are very sharp and you could poke yourself. The price (around 11 USD) is reasonable for something I use so often and will probably have for a long time. The only reason I'm not giving this a 5 rating is that the metal part somehow became detached from the plastic handle. It still fits in there snugly, but if I'm cleaning it a little too vigorously, it will become loose. I'm pretty sure I can just glue it back in, but it's still kinda annoying.

ETA: Okay, I knocked off a lippie because I've only had this for maybe 4-5 months and have used it pretty much daily. I'm not particularly rough with it and clean it with m/u remover and a toothbrush. BUT--some of the metal tines have gotten loose and one has fallen out and I can't find it anywhere (*dreads thought of pricking bare foot with sharp metal pin*). Bad, bad, bad. For now I'm going to assume I got a bad one and will try buying the non-see-through one I saw at Sally's. I'll update later.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2005 5:24:00 PM More reviews by blufunk

I love this comb. It's foldable and easy to clean. It really gets all the clumped mascara from the lashes.

It takes awhile to master using a metal object so close to your eyes but the results are worth the practice. Until you are nimble, apply you mascara and comb them before or instead of eyeshadow.