October 22, 2014 | 1626 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by evaapplewood

this is the best eye makeup remover ever and its the cheapest - try it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by brittanyliu

I loved this product...until I start to use waterproof mascera. I am using Mabelline Skyhigh and lash discovery (the one with tiny brush) and it is virtually impossible to remove any residue at all. And I read the label it states "remove waterproof makeup"..ironic......

However, I still like this produt. It is not too oily and not irritating my eyes (my eyes are really sensitive). The price is just unbeatable. As long as you stick to regular mascera you will be fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by JAREDISAAC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing negative to say about this product. I don't wear waterproof mascara so can't comment on how well it removes that, however, I do know that my eyeliner in not waterproof and it removes it well. I am wondering if the people who wrote negative reviews are using a cotton makeup pad or something similar to remove their makeup. I find that if I use tissue or something similar, the product does not seem as effective as when I use a cotton pad. Price is good, doesn't sting my eyes, not greasy....... all good things to say.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fabulous product! My HG makeup remover. Gentle, fragrance-free, and cheap. It removes even waterproof mascara and leaves no residue (nor does it dry my skin out). A great, inexpensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sarahkegypt

This eye makeup remover is golden! I had previously been using Netrogeuna Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover. This is SO much better, and a little cheaper...(Netrogeuna: 6.75, Rimmel 5.75) The Netrogeuna kind left somekind of oily residue when I used it to remove makeup (even though it claims to be oil free). This Rimmel kind doesn't. Another thing is the top makes it easy to squirt the desired amount. The Netrogeuna kind has a regular bottle opening, and I couldn't really control how much I used.
This remover removes stubborn waterproof mascara and liner, and shadow too. Heck it removes foundation (but I wouldn't use it for that purpose. I only noticed because it removes my foundation under my eyes.)
How I use it: After washing my face, the makeup gets smudgy. So I use a cotton ball or tissue and saturate it. Then I rub it off twice, turn it around and do it to the other eye. It works really well. I will definitley get it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like it. I recently began using my eye makeup and the Vaseline just didn't work for me. Think Jack Black in Shallow Hal.

I spend impeccable money on skin care but this...nah!

It was around $6 so I grabbed it from my Walgreens. I purposely put on my Chanel mascara, a gel liner, a fluid liner and eye shadow and sclumped around the house for an hour or so.

I love the flip top and the ease of use and control of amount of product. I saturated the first cotton pad and held it on the closed eye for a moment and wiped off. I folded the cotton and proceeded to wipe again. What I like is the clean and fresh removal of the eye shadow, liner and mascara. It didn't leave the area oily nor did it dry the area out. It felt like a gentle cleansing with water.

For the second eye, I didn't use as much but followed the same procedure and again...clean fresh eye.

For the amount of eye makeup I use...this works spectacularly well for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by JU1CYY69

i'm probably a minority compared to everybody else's reviews, but i found this make up remover pretty good. for me, this was able to get rid of all my make up pretty easily, and that includes waterproof mascara. i guess this make up remover only works on some types of waterproof mascara, but i have no clue, but i still find this pretty great for about $4

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in a package with the Extra Super Lash at Wal Mart for less than $5...they didn't sell it by itself and an individual mascara was $4, so I thought I'd try this out...

It really isn't all that bad, to be honest. It comes in a cute little 4oz bottle...nothing special, but it does remove the makeup. Works a few steps below the Neutrogena Makeup Remover, but this was far less expensive. (Not that the Neutrogena costs a fortune.) There's absolutely no oily residue and no scent...looks and feels much like water, only this gets rid of makeup.

Waterproof mascara...umm...not so much, but no big deal. I didn't expect this to be a miracle in a bottle. But this does remove liner and shadow like a breeze.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by jujujulie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Scentless and removes my waterproof makeup, one less stick for the occasional sting in my very sensitive eyes. I often go through it too fast because I use too much at a time.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by civicbabe627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Personally, I think this stuff STINKS!
I don't use waterproof make-up, or even long-wear make-up for that matter... and this stuff does *nothing* for me. I might as well just use plain water.