July 31, 2014 | 1619 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Seclusae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Light yellow loose powder. Comes in different sizes, from 1.5 to 3 ounces. Around $7-$10, respectively.

PACKAGING Banana Visage comes in a shaker bottle that works the same way as a pepper/salt dispenser. I have mixed feelings about it. At home, it is inconvenient because I have to tap powder into a separate container I can dip my powder brush into. However, the shaker bottle works very well for travel. The packaging makes it a lot less likely that you will end up with powder flying around when you take off the cap.

COLOR Banana Visage has a noticeable neutral yellow color. It looks fantastic on my medium gold Asian skintone. It makes my face look more radiant whereas other loose powders can leave a dull white cast.

TEXTURE Ooh. This powder is very finely-milled. It is most definitely comparable to high-end loose powders. When the bottle is shaken, the loose powder moves almost like a liquid.

APPLICATION Due to the finely-milled texture, the powder goes on evenly and sheerly. I cannot see it looking cakey unless you apply a lot of it on tacky foundation or really oily skin. This powder does not come with an applicator. A powder brush is the best option, in my opinion.

FINISH An even, soft matte. It is fantastic for setting foundation and for absorbing oil.

SCENT No noticeable scent.

LASTING POWER I have noticed that my face stays matte longer since I have used this powder.

OVERALL This is a fantastic product. The price is just right, the sizes are very generous and the quality is through the roof. I will definitely repurchase in about a year when I actually finish it. :-P
continued >>

33 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by pamv03842

I love everything about this powder except the packaging - a shaker bottle!?! I pour a tablespoon or so into a wide container with a cover every month or two so I can dip at it with my powder brush. The finish is very natural and I find that I don't have to apply my pressed powder during the day very much (except my nose gets a little shiny). Great stuff, lasts forever, and the price is right!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2005 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Londonfan

A lovely fine-milled powder in a gorgeous yellow color (not too obvious). I take one lippy off because it feels a tad dry on my skin (but I spritz my face with water to relieve that). I want to try more of Ben Nye's powders...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2004 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tayberry15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great color for Asian women. Good for oily skin. The price is perfect, $4.00! Hate the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2004 5:54:00 AM More reviews by PoshPaperDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Translucent powder w/ a bit of a yellow tint to it! So far this is my holy grail loose powder w/ cornsilk in 2nd place. I still want to try the shu powders though! Anywho, I adore this. I can see that if worn over a very pale foundations it can give the face a yellow look but that can be avoided w/ the right application. I paid $6.50 for this. (GGG here)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2004 11:14:00 AM More reviews by luckygirl322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I got to try a decent "banane" powder at an affordable price. This one doesn't work for me, I guess I'm just not a "banane" girl. Too yellow for my skin. This powder is too heavy for my skin, not finely milled enough. Worth a try if you're curious about the yellow wonder powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2004 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sweetbread

I've been using this for about three months now and I don't think I will be changing to another powder anytime soon. The first time I put it on, I came out all chalky, so I was kind of disappointed. But the next day, it turned out gorgeous. I think it has something to do with the way you put it on, so I have to make sure that I don't overload the brush. I'm Asian, so the color is great for me. You can't even tell I am really wearing makeup. Plus, it doesn't get oily AT ALL. There's no need for oil blotters at the end of the day. The only thing I would complain about is that it gets all over the place, and doesn't have a sifter. But for the low low price of $8 for 1.5 oz bottle, I can't really bring myself to putting down forty dollars for powders anymore. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2004 5:22:00 PM More reviews by cma777

Thanks to MUA for getting me hooked on Ben Nye products. I love this powder I just bought it today at a costume shop here for $12 CAD for 1.5 oz. It is sooooo finely milled and the colour is awesome. Never would have considered yellow as a powder but it really does give Eastern skin that "glow". I am C35 and it looks perfect on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2004 3:56:00 PM More reviews by urusa

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Superb non-shimmery powder.use it all the time!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2004 2:14:00 AM More reviews by nuyearbabee

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Grrrrr...no fair, this broke me out. Why? I have no clue. It made my face feel really dry- I see why everyone says it helps control the oilies for them. I think my face tried over-compensating for the dryness by producing waaay too much oil. I did however like the way it looked on me and how cheap it was.