April 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2004 12:25:00 AM More reviews by MrBunBUn

I'm going to keep giving this a try since everyone raves about it. I also bought it for my Asian skin and the reviews that this kind of color is the "it" shade to make fair to medium shades look all that. Um..all that this powder did was give my yellowish skin a pronounced yellower look. I tried it a few times with a velour puff, fluffing off the excess and still it looked too uneven and yellow.

Then, I used just a LITTLE with a powder brush to set my Ben Nye cream foundation and concealer.

Yeah, it did a good job, but I think the foundation looked good on it's own.

So for now, I'm sticking with my rating of 2 and trying different techniques, but I'll keep on trying and if it gets better, I'll change.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2004 4:37:00 PM More reviews by LeahLuvd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on MakeupMania because it said it was like a "famous" powder. I knew they meant T. LeClerc Banae because I was dying to try it, but not willing to cough up the $60. So I bought it online for $7 and I am impressed. I find that it works really well to set the foundation and really helps my asian skin get that "glow". The shaker bottle is annoying, but for $7 I'll keep my mouth shut! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2004 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Yes, this powder really is as wonderful as everyone says. I bought a huge bottle of it on sale which I think will last me through the next millenium and immediately fell in love with it. I still like NYC loose powder, but this matches my skin tone so perfectly and is just a little bit better at imparting a velvety finish that lasts & lasts. I've been wearing this for a few weeks now in 90+ degree weather and it's held up beautifully.
ETA: I've come to the regretful conclusion that this powder was breaking me out. It does have its merits, but I think ultimately it's too heavy for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2004 2:22:00 AM More reviews by sleepy88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This stuff does fly everywhere. I have to bend over a little when I'm applying it to my face so it doesn't get all over my clothes. The powder seems to do a good job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 5:07:00 AM More reviews by ayce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

w0o0aahhh.. I've been wanting to try this & got my local costume shop to stock it =P and im glad they did. This stuff flies everywhere.. but its no biggie for me. its starting to get hot (i think it was around 82* today?) and usually i wear sunblock, lately been wearin foundation, then a finishing powder. well, the sunblock combined w/ the foundation makes me shiny, but with this stuff over them its not even a problem anymore. i have normal/combo skin and my face was matte for *the* longest time.. throughout the whole entire day! it usually gets shiny on my forehead within a few hours of being out. on the normal parts of my face it wasn't drying at all. i rec this if you live in hot & humid areas.. give this a try. Update: its been over 90* lately and when I forgot to put this on one day, i felt like crying=/. i felt all icky & shiny..and it was only 2hrs from leaving the house. never again will i forget to put this on!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2004 2:43:00 PM More reviews by corinreid

WOW - I LOVE THIS POWDER! I never would have tried this product without MUA. I have been on the ultimate search for the perfect powder because I don't want to wear foundation, just powder over moisturized skin. I'm Asian, so alot of powders are too pink on me. I tried this on a whim because it was only $7 from costumesgalore.com. It is great! Perfect shade and when I look at my skin mid-morning, it just looked like I had great glowing skin! I guess I can see it being too drying for dry skin, but I have combo/oily skin. I don't find it too powdery or chalky at all. And at $7 for 4 oz - what a super bargain! UPDATE: I spoke too soon! @#$%^!! It made me break out. Now I have very sensitive skin, so it was just too good to be true. However, I'm not changing my score, because I still think it's a fabulous powder and everyone should try it, esp if you don't have senstive skin. It just doesn't work for me. Here are the ingredients; i'm still trying to figure out what made me break out: talc, zinc stearate, corn starch, rice starch, iron oxides (color), diazoludinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, and fragrance.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2004 7:07:00 PM More reviews by walshop2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Never would have tried this without MUA! It is not the color I am used to seeing for loose powder, but it is perfect for me. Absorbs oil, helps my makeup last, and CHEAP. Got it from makeupmania.com. Now I can splurge on a good brush for it. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2004 4:24:00 PM More reviews by MYC8

i used to use bobbi brown warm sand lse pwdr till i ran out. So i got this last week at a local costume store for $7.50. And was exited to have bougtht it so cheap. i opened it and it was flying powder evywhr. i dabbed a bit of it with my fingers in my car and it ruined my Chanel foudation. Made my skin look scaly and immediately dried it. I wanted to take it back but instead went to Ulta to get a loose powder brush to apply which goes on much better after tapping off the excess. still looking for the perfect loose powder that will make my skin look glowy and not chalky, flaky dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2004 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this in Banana and Caramello and I mix them (sometimes with the neutral translucent sweat proof powder when I am going to dance or have a gig). GREAT STUFF!!!

It looks great and it warms my foundation if I am going a bit olive or grey. Love it! Love the price! Love that it does not break me out or ruin the effect of my mineral foundation! I use the Banana all over because I have such yellow undertone and that realy blends my makeup nicely and the Caramello to warm my face in spots so I am not monotone in my golden yellow ethnic hue! :-) (like the top of my forehead and my jawline).

Buy It!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2004 6:00:00 PM More reviews by luckie

i bought this product at a costume store when i was in college. i lusted after the t. leclerc banane but couldn't afford it. i loved my ben nye and thought i was great but always wondered about the lecelrc. a few years later when i could afford the leclerc i bought it and boy was i surprised! the ben nye was just as good or better for literally a fraction of the price!