Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

on 7/29/2012 5:29:00 PM

I really thought I would like this powder but I found it to be... finely-milled but a little gritty? Or maybe you can say it had a chalky feel to it. Hard to explain but it just didn't go on smoothly for me. I like to think of myself as someone who can make alot of things work but I didn't like the way it looked on my oily skin. I tried it on top of Revlon ColorStay and Whipped foundation but I began to see separating and then it just turned gross. I tried it with different powder brushes by sweeping it on or pushing it in but still didn't work. I really wanted it to work. I know alot of people love it but I'm just not one of them.

on 7/14/2012 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For reference I am a mac NC 30-35, combo oily/normal skin depending on the season and this banana powder looks great on me as a setting powder. I took other reviewer's advice and mix it with the neutral set from Ben Nye and it really is perfect for my skin tone which is very golden. I love it under my eyes as well and apply it heavily there then lightly press it in with a velour puff the way GossMakeupartist shows on youtube. I discovered this product through his channel and wow what a difference. HG setting powder. The search is over. I have tried soooo many powders and this one is perfect because I do not have to worry about how it will alter the look of my foundation, it looks translucent. For a more flawless look, I will use my MAC skin-finish in medium plus (which makes me very oily) then set it with this and perfect. I get so many compliments on my skin on a daily basis when I use this combination. My foundation consists of MIssha bb cream in #27 warmed up with a graftobian or ben nye cream foundation to adjust the color. then I set it with this for a natural look and finish it off by lightly pressing some highlighter to only the tops of my cheeks and instantly my face looks youthful and flawless. I am 28 and my skin has never looked better. I cannot say it fully controls my oil for extreme amount of time (usually about 4 hours, which is great to me), I don't know if its due to the bb cream, but I like a small amount of sheen to make my face look tighter.

on 7/12/2012 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Tried this, and didn't love it. I hear so many people saying it was too yellow for them, well girls use it to set the undereye area, this is very yellow indeed but for the undereye area its perfect. Its yellow so its correcting and brightens SO well, gives the Kim K affect! This was very messy and chalky for me, so I bit the bullet and bought Bobbi Browns pale yellow, which is more finely milled and silky-er. I found that it lasted longer, too! :) So if this didnt work, try Bobbi Browns pale yellow loose powder!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I am happy this product is working for so many of you but unfortunately, this breaks me out.
I was really looking for a good blot powder to replace by MAC blot but this irritated my skin and broke me out :(

on 6/12/2012 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought both this, and the neutral set powder since they both have different ingredients, (one with the antipersperant) and wanted to use both so found out I could get even better oil control by mixing 1 part each of the ben nye neutral powder, the banana visage, and pure silica powder (coastal scents) in a sephora sifter and VOILA the most amazing long lasting HD finish ever! Until now I've been using the prep and prime translucent by MAC for the longest time because I felt nothing could compare, well now this is even better! You can even apply it liberally without it showing at all, mixing the yellow with the white tones down the yellowness for those who feel it's too yellow, and seriously the quality can't be beat. HTH someone because you guys should really combining the 3!

on 5/30/2012 5:22:00 PM

It's an amazing product, Love the quality and also the price.
I apply this with a powder puff and then a little bit of Neutral set with 182, and it last for a long time (No shine!).

on 5/12/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am in love! This suits my skin tone perfectly and gives me a lovely finish. I cannot believe I did not purchase this sooner. I've tried so many setting loose powders and they were all alright BUT this is so darn good (in my opinion). I have oily skin and my oil is under control for a few hours, which is good since I usually have to blot within 30 mins. Love!

on 5/11/2012 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While I love Ben Nye Neutralizers, Concealers and Foundations (really *really* love) this powder left a lot to be desire. I do not know if is something I do, like applying it somehow that does not give justice to the product or the shade, but it just makes me look yellow. I know I should have suspected this by reading the name of the product but I also use Mellow Yellow concealer and that doesn't give me a yellow finish. The pros of this is that it's a lot of product for your $, and a little bit goes a long way. The cons: It makes me look yellow and also I realized that my blush oxidize a lot when using this (It started to make them kind of purplish, even the peachy ones) Anyway, I'm going back to what I use before.

on 5/3/2012 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a great translucent powder for everyday use! I have brown/tan skin (NC42 for reference) and white powders can look a bit ashy on me.
...
This powder isn't heavy, so it doesn't look cake-y. It offers a natural satin finish, rather than a flat matte look. If you're looking for something heavy, this might not be for you, but you definitely can build it up by adding another layer.
...
This product is also great value for money! You get 1.5 ounces (42 grams) of product for a very reasonable price. Almost all powders (both loose and compact) only have about 0.3 ounces or about 10 grams of product, including "large" jars. Check the back of your powders and see for yourself!
...
As for the cons...the packaging is a bit disappointing. The lid is about the size of a quarter and is way too small to swirl your brush into. I ended up buying an empty sifter jar to transfer a little bit of the product into at a time. Way less messy this way.
...
Another con is that this tends to irritate my eyes a little, especially the inner corners. I don't know if it's because I wear contacts. It's annoying, but I still use the product.

on 4/29/2012 6:18:00 AM

For reference i'm an NC20, NC 25 in mac foundation.

I bought two of the big bottles of the banana powder and 1 of the neutral set. I've never liked powder on top of my foundation, NEVER.
I hate the white cast, the powdery look (especially when setting with spray, I would have a lot of splotches) or the way it changed the color of my foundation.. I hated it!
I then tried the Ben nye loose powders and I absolutely LOVE it!
And this is coming from somebody who absolutely hates powder on the face! I've tried many different ones being a make up artist and searching for the "perfect" loose/translucent powder.

I use the ben nye loose/translucent powders in my make up kit for clients.. I never thought I'd find a powder that I would love tIhis much..
My concealer would always crease and set into fine lines and I would end up taking it off because it grosses me out..

Last night I was at a wedding, I applied my foundation and concealer at 5 o'clock in the midday and my foundation and concealer looked almost exactly the same as when I applied it at 2 o'clock midnight.. My concealer didn't even crease! It settled into one line or so but OMG was I amazed..

When I first used the powder I packed on a lot and directly put it on my face. My whole face was yellow! Then I tried again and soaked the puff into the powder, tap'ed the excess off on the back off my hand and then pressed and rolled it into the skin.. My face looked flawless!
I used the dampened sponge and applied the neutral set under my eyes to set the concealer. I loved the finish and my concealer wasn't able to move even if it would want to..

The powder is sooo finely mild that it works awesome with a dampened sponge. I've put a thick layer of concealer under my eyes (triangle shape) with a thick concealer (coastal scents 10 piece camouflage concealer palette (HG) ) and set it with this powder.. I LOVE BEN NYE LOOSE POWDERS! I'll purchase them all!