December 18, 2014 | 1698 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush is great for eyeshadow and the lower lash line, it is probably the softest eyeshadow brush i h ave ever had.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by knightrider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this one. I'm sure many other brushes could do the same job (packing shadow on the lid), but I will look no further. It's super soft, and I love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

Great for applying color on the lid. Bristles are soft which is important since you will be using this on your eye. This and the 217 brush I cannot live without!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by LemonCitron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush SO much. I have two of them. One I use for applying my paint pots and the other is for putting e/s on my lid over the paint pot. Cannot recommend this brush enough. I would give it one meeelion lippies if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by kbabe44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i wish there were more uses for this brush but it's sooo good at packing on color on the lids that it's totally worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

This brush is awesome for placing color on the lid. That's pretty much all I use it for. It's made of very soft goat hair, and has an interesting texture. The bristles are stiff, but springy enough to not hurt your eyes. It places color very well and I feel like it's made my eyeshadow last longer. You get what you pay for with some makeup brushes, and this is the case. Definitely a must-have brush for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 4:44:00 AM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a two of this brush in case I want to use 2 different colours at once without having to clean the bristles =)

As everyone says, it's great for placing producted. Me personally, I LOVE the white hairs that MAC uses - so soft. Some other brand brushes prickle your skin with individual hairs when you just place the colour on without blending. This one doesn't.

Picks up & places colour well without absorbing too much of the colour in the bristles. It does it's job well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2010 4:21:00 AM More reviews by xenakkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Look I underst5and that we should all be AWED by anything MAC...but this brush is SH*T... Kat Von D brushes are better than this...that says much on the fact that I DON'T CARE the BRAND...if it's SH *T I'm gonna tell you it's SH*T!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by hbwf87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave the "packaging" a 3 because the foil label wears off on mac brushes - i do put clear n/p on it to avoid this.

I love this brush. it really has made me fall in love with e/s that i had previously thought was too low in pigmentation. you can really pack on colour (but a lot of the effect really depends on what base you are using, as you need to have something to hold onto the product you are packing on).

if i lost this brush i would buy it again for sure.

this and a blending brush are all you need for an easy eyeshadow look. i love the 272 (or the 217) and the 224 for blending.

if you only wanted to ever buy 2 brushes, i'd say get the 239 and 217! magic!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by angellove78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

the first mac brush i laid my money down for, and this was well worth it, am in love with this brush, i use this everyday...!
if there is a flaw to this brush i have yet to come across it, it washes easily, and packs on colour nicely since i have small lids...!