July 24, 2014 | 2101 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Vydia11

I love this perfume. I would never think I like it but my husband bought it for me because he likes the smell. I've had it for almost 2 years and gone through more then half a bottle, so for the price it does lasts a while. I did use it every day for a long period of time. I now come back to it everytime I go out and it gives me really nice elegant feeling everytime I wear it. I had uses Chance previously.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ipatieva

After ten years from its first debut i finally gave this perfume a try. My friend has an EDT version of this and i sprayed it on my coat. I really dont have an opinion on this at first but all i know is everytime i go to the department store i will reach for this and spray it on my coat (as if im on auto-pilot). I still dont know weather i like it or not. So i went in here to read reviews and try to find out about the notes. It seems like a lot of people prefer EDP.The next day i tried the EDP and it smells pleasant. I have no intention to buy this as it is expensive but after a few hours walking around the mall the smell keeps on getting nicer and nicer. I still have no intention to buy this but aa soon as i entered the perfume shop i got it(as if im on a trance). So i use this everyday and i love this fragrance even more each day. I think it has to do with the technique on how to apply this as i tried diffrent techniques everyday in order to achieve the long lasting fragrance but not over powering. I realised that the best way for me is when my body tempreature is a bit warm and i spray at the nape of my neck about 3-4 inches away. This way it lasted on me about 8-9 hours. Well i use one spritz on back of my neck and i also spritz it on air and walk through it.
At first this EDP version smells of orange, bergamot, sharp and a bit synthetic on me, however after an hour or so its started to get warmer , a bit spicy and intoxicating, the best for me is after 4 hours of spraying it as it became soft floral, sweet vanilla-ish, a hint of white musk subtle scent on my skin.
Try this first on your skin and let it develope for a few hours and see how it is. I think the most important thing here is to spray this abput 3-4 inches away to get the best result( not too close to skin). I dont know why but it seems to be better smelling that way ( maybe because the whole juice isnt focus on one small area,if that make sense).
Oh and since i love this i got the deodorant as well a week later. My advice is dont really bother buying this as it is quiet weak and theres no really a point as the smell fades away after an hour. The reason i bought this is because i do not want to mix any other scent yo my perfume. However i dont think using other deodorant should be an issue here. I hope this help.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by ArBell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

If there had to be a perfume, where Elegance would be re-incarnated into a bottled-perfume, it is Coco Mademoiselle. Don't get me wrong, even though I believe that Elegance is a status achieved with experience, i also believe that a spritz of Coco Mademoiselle could call upon a placid, youth personality, all the elegance she could dream of. I am 18, and a spritz of Coco Mademoiselle brings me the ressonance of 'Grimaldi', one of the most eloquent, respected and admired family of all times. Of course a perfume wouldn't suffice in making someone elegant, but it really gives out the impression. The scent seems to develop and merge with my body alchemy, it starts with a shrill, a deep, frilly shrill of flowers -i am not expert enough to describe to you which flowers- and then as the hours drift by, and as i continue to get sniffs of the Elegance i am irradiating, i realise the not-very-powdery, but still a little bit, and a softer reminiscence of the original shrill. While wearing this, i imagine myself walking on a bed of cotton flowers, no, rather floating on them, with 4 inch stilletos[not 5 inches because that wouldn't be considered elegant, but more 'allumeuse' as the French would say], and wearing a French trenchcoat, with a very little dentelle or transparent plastic umbrella, with a very very drizzling rain falling, but not at all touching my embodiment, i feel indestructible and confident, but still elegant and sensible. I feel warm and cool, joy. The Chanel attitude.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by worldtraveler05

For years I used the woman's version of Obsession by Calvin Klein, but then I discovered Mademoiselle and was completely sold. I love that the scent isn't overpowering yet lasts throughout the day. The packaging looks so classic and elegant. The quality of this product is definitely worth the expense since I don't spray a ton each time, it lasts quite a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by mamp123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my all time favourite fragrances. I love the way this scent works with my skin chemistry and it seems to improve throughout the day (I also find this with Tom Ford, Black Orchid). I use a Sanctuary cocooning body butter and the matching shower cream from Boots and layering Chanel Mademoiselle over the top of this seems to work amazingly. I will try and find out what notes the Sanctuary body butter has in it, but it truly is a lovely combination. Also, I have been combining the Chanel with Jo Malone's Amber and Lavender cologne, thus creating a unique and wonderful spicy fragrance which I think will be great for winter.

Chanel Mademoiselle is a classic fragrance and I have always found it to be my favourite Chanel fragrance, although I have been having cravings for Chanel No5 Eau Premiere. However for the moment I will stick to Mademoiselle as it is an absolutely wonderful fragrance that is a pleasure to wear!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2011 6:38:00 AM More reviews by babypinkish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I first smelled this on those little strips of paper used for sampling the fragrance. I fell in love with the soft, classic and not-too-girly scent.

I bought the EDT version and this is considered a bad purchase. It just doesn't work well with my body chemistry. I sprayed 2 spritzes on my decollatage and although it lasted a full day, it was sharp and offensive to me and people who were close enough to smell it. I noticed my colleague who shared a lift with me subtly using her finger to cover her nose. I was in the train when a guy next to me discreetly moved to the other side. I had never experienced such forms of being ostracized and was definitely placed in an uncomfortable mood.

Still, I wanted to find something to love about this fragrance given all the positive reviews about it. I tried it a second and third time, sometimes on clothes, sometimes on my skin, and each time I have this perfume on, people shun me. It was just too synthetic-smelling and overwhelming.

Finally for the sake of my social life, I decided this has to go. Now I am back to my trusted Bvlgari Rose Essentielle and Paul Smith Rose. These work great on me and I am back to having some instances where strangers would comment on my perfume smelling gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ButterFlo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was craving this scent for a long time before I caved in and bought it - the price set me off, but it's so worth it.

I got the eau de parfum and from testing out the eau de toilette I realised they smell a bit different and the eau de toilette lasts less on my skin. So be sure to test them out both and give them a bit of time to develop on your skin before buying!

It's a young and sophisticated floral fragrance, much lighter than the other Chanel creations. It lasts so well on my skin, even after I shower I can still feel it. My absolute favorite scent ever, I'm absolutely sure I'll wear it for the rest of my life, that's how perfect it is!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I honestly don't know why this scent gets such rave reviews,and as a lover of the vast majority of Chanels I find this so far from the others it might as well be a Britney Spears perfume. I can respect perfumes that don't work on me, but this is just *offensive*. It starts with a screeching siren of citrus and fruit, sharp and interrupting like having your TV on low and then having a super-loud commercial suddenly play. It stays this way all throughout its incredibly long dry down (which I must respect), and even after running some water over the scent to tone it down it still screams for attention.

This is a Chanel? Coco must be spinning in her grave. Where is the complexity of No.5, the discord of No.19, the warmth of Cuir de Russie and Coco, the comfort of Coromandel? If what I've read is true and Coco Mademoiselle's runaway success indeed kickstarted the fruitchouli fanaticism I wish I had the power and money to buy every bottle ever made and launch them into the sun.

Coco Mademoiselle is no mademoiselle, no young scion of an aristocratic family full of history and tradition--she's the rich party girl living off daddy's money stumbling into you drunk as a skunk, spilling her fruity cocktail all over your dress/tux and not even bothering to apologize. She merely giggles out a high-pitched "oops!" before weaving back to the bar in precariously high stilettos that cost more than what you make in a month.

I'll try the parfum as I heard it's much more restrained and well-crafted, but I doubt this Paris Hilton will turn into a Princess Diana.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by ruenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite fragrance!! I like using different fragrences, so ever time I buy a new one, however whichever I buy, I always always have a bottle of coco mademoiselle at home. I really don't know how many bottles I used. I think this smell is special, feminen and elegant. It lingers for a long time. It is refreshing at every step. I always get compliments both from men and women. I really am in love with this one. yummy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by trishcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Le sigh. I want to like this. I'm looking for a fall/winter scent and tried a sample I had laying around. It started out lovely and a bit heady, but I figured that would pass. Nope. On me, it got spicier and thicker, reminding me somewhat of CK's Obsession. Despite one tiny spray on one wrist, I began to feel enveloped in the scent. My husband, who liked the scent, began to sneeze. I finally had to scrub it off. Au revoir, mademoiselle.