October 25, 2014 | 1053 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Exfoliating Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2006 3:10:00 AM More reviews by bree111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this for years. Once a week, it is the best out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by nikki21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

From a gal who just loves to exfoliate...
I use this scrub every other day. It delivers that tingly, squeaky clean feeling. (I don't use anything else from Clinique.) I also love the size of the actual exfoliating particles as well as the consistency of the paste. I've tried LUSH's Ocean Salt and it was so terrible for my sensitive skin. The large jagged crystals of salt ripped me up. St. Ives Apricot Scrub was way too harsh as well...we all live and learn!

So this one really makes you feel like you have sloughed off that nasty layer of dead skin without the harshness.

I don't understand why people complain about packaging if a product delivers results. This one comes in a tube--and when I get to the end of it, I simply cut it open. Let's not become babies about the details:)

The only concern I have is the synthetic components that are so prominent in the ingredient listing. When I find something more natural that delivers the same results I will probably switch for good...

sigh...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2006 11:02:00 AM More reviews by aerosmithkat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked up this scrub as a supplement with my 3 step and other skin care products. I have an oily/combo skin type so it doesn't bother my face. It does have stronger scrub particles in it than the other scrubs, but i like my scrub to feel like it's doing something. It doesn't have an oily feeling to it going on, and it rinses away clean. I leave it on in the shower for a minute even to let the product do it's thing while i'm doing something else. The packaging is slightly annoying, since i can't get all of the product out. I'll probably cut the bottle open to get the rest of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2006 4:06:00 AM More reviews by All_Work_No_Play

This is a very strong scrub, with quite big scrubbing particles. Unless your skin is extremely oily and clogges and you have a lot of dead cells to remove, I dont think this scrub is a good idea to use.
For my combo (normal cheeks + oily t-zone) this scrub is way too hards and rips my skin off. Even used with gently moves it feels like it's too aggressive. Additionally, it contains menthol, which can be irritating (for me it is a little, and dries my skin). Menthol is probably used to give you a cool fresh feeling afterwards, but I'd rather achieve this with... cold water instead of stressing my skin with menthol, LOL!
So, to conclude... this is a very potent harsh scrub... use it only if you truly believe you need it. Personally I wont repurchase, and will stay with more gentle, skin-friendly scrubs. The rest of the tube I use it (successfully!!!) on my elbows!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2006 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ii_l0vx3_mAk3uP

oh my lord .. i was 12 when i started using this exfoliator .. i know i know, bad idea, but my mom just bought it for me and i had NO iDEA what an exfoliator was .. i thought it was just like a cleanser .. after probably a week or 2 of using it, i started flaking like crazy .. it wouldn't stop and i was completely miserable .. for practically a year and a half it wouldn't go away .. i was so embarrased during school and i was so insecure i couldn't stop looking im my mirror ahhhhhhh well then i started using dove face lotion that my friend reccommended to me and it stopped .. now i use 1. proactive renewing cleanser and repairing lotion to prevent breakouts 2. clinique clarifying lotion to dissolve the flakes 3. then i put my moisturizer .. if i dont do this cycle after every time i wash my face .. i will definitely flake .. i hate it .. im only 13 i shouldnt have to deal with this pressure arghhhhh .. i wouldnt reccommend it .. i only gave it a 2 because im nice and well, i guess i wouldn't have lost having breakouts because of it soooo yeah. thanks for reading my opinion im just saying, this happened to many of my friends, too and i know that a lot of teens want to use exfoliator and i dont want this to happen to any others .. bye !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by beauty_addict1

I love this scrub, it makes my oily skin not oily,clean and fresh feeling. it cleans all the gunk out of my pores and makes them invisible. best scrub ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have tried many different great scrubs, but this is the best of the best! ok, this does what it says to do. My skin feelt soft, polished,de-flaked, my pores were unclogd after, and had a healty glow. Didnīt irritate my face.After this I used deep cleansing emergency mask and that combination is A+ for my skin. My skintype is comb./oily most oily and I recommend this for that skintype.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2006 7:11:00 PM More reviews by hellomynameis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily/normal, acne-prone skin, and the Clinique Exfoliating Scrub does it's job (of exfoliation)! It contains little grains that may be too harsh on sensitive skin, but for me, it is perfect. The scrub contains menthol, which leaves my skin feeling very refreshed. I would say the scent is a bit lighter than Noxema, but if you do not like menthol, do not use this product. The scrub also contain salicylic acid, which helps to tame my acne-prone skin. It comes in a light green tube with a flip-cap on top. At USD 16.50, it's a bit pricey, but worth it!

And the Clinique Exfoliating Scrub is much, much better than the St Ives Apricot Scrubs, which are much too harsh!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 9:17:00 AM More reviews by SaucyMinx

This is such a great face scrub! Really effective and rinses clean, doesn't leave little grains behind. The mint in it leaves my skin feeling clean and invigorated!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2006 12:15:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this scrub for years now and I've tried others because it's expensive and keeps going up in price but I always come back. I have large pores, oily skin, etc. and it's the only thing that de-flakes and makes my face feel clean. Now my boyfriend is hooked so we split the bill.