April 17, 2014 | 1471 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by dimiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG !!!
let's just consider what a cream (moisturiser) is. It's a water base and an oil base mixed together with a emulsifier ( which mixes water and oil to make the cream). And of course preservatives are added because anything containing water can go bad.

So, why harming our skin with chemical perservatives while we can mix water and oil when applying on face and avoid all that crap???

Here is what I do. I spray my face with avene thermal water (witch is the best water base) and before drying I apply some extra v. olive oil and spread it. That's it.

You can personalize this method using any kind of oil you want (I suggest olive oil because it doesn't clog pores) and depending on your skin type adjust the amount you apply. I have oily skin so after spraying my face I apply 2 drops of evoo . That keeps the moisture in and gives your skin vitamin E and other essential nutriens.

Just try it. your skin will love you for that

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Its super hot where I live, and I face is easy to get red and greasy. This spray helps me to calm and clean my skin. I like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Didn't see a difference with this and any other canned water sprays like Evian. Felt nice on my skin but thats all. Saw no difference in my pores, skintone, oiliness. I'll probably use the rest up on my body after exercise.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by phoebeY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what it does with my skin, I can't see anything good or bad, so i only use this when my skin is not that good, and it can always make my skin calm down during those time

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

I'm hooked on the Avene line in general and this spray of Avene water in a can is no exception. Can be used before and after moisturizing, after applying make up, during the hot days of summer and long days of winter when skin is dry due to home heating systems and harsh outdoor weather. Leaves my face hydrated and comfortable. Will never be without and thank you, skin care board for the numerous rec's.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by liboatgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I dont know if it actually is doing anything, but it is so refreshing. It really feels great right after a hot shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by bd88

I LOVE this stuff. It's purely amazing. I was sceptical at first and thought it was just water in a spray can, but it is so much more than just that. My face is prone to redness, tingling and overheating, and spraying this on my face helps tremendously and is very cooling. I bought it last week in conjunction with the extremely gentle cleanser and skin recovery cream, and they do not irritate my incredibly sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Apheo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like that It calms my redness and feels soothing. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 5:17:00 AM More reviews by nasaka

I bought this product to settle my Mineral Hygienics makeup (which I really love, but it looked a little powdery and "cakey"). Well I sprayed it on, and my MU started to look really fresh and dewy so was very happy.

Then after cleansing my face, I really drenched my face with it and the most amazing thing happened. As I rubbed the moisture in balls of dead skin started to come off. So I repeated the process a few times and my skin feels so soft and clean. I wasn't expecting it to perform the job of an exfoliant as well, but that's what it seemed to do. Anyway, I just bought it this afternoon, but am already very impressed and am looking forward to see what other wonders this spray can do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge fan of spritzing products, because I work in a heavily climate controlled environment. I've tried several and although I like a few others, this is my HG facial mist. The pressurized container dispenses a micro-fine mist that doesn't mess up my hair of clothes. It has no detectable fragrance, and is absorbed almost instantly. It calms flushing cheeks, and sets mineral makeup into a natural looking veil.
Another thing to love is the three sizes avalable. A tiny handbag-sized 50ml can, a medium 150ml can for my desk at the office, and a huge salon-sized one, which I keep at home.