Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I love this! I wrote my review before saying how I didn't care much for it. But I used "Softlips" to repair my super-chapped lips, then started using this again. I have the "Vanilla & Macadamia" lip butter. For about $3, you get 16.7g, meanwhile my much loved "softlips" cost me $5 for 2g.
I still prefer my Softlips for chapped lips, but for the price.. this lip butter does a good job at keeping lips well moisturized. And 16.7g for $3 is a steal.

The only bad thing is that it's in a tin... it makes it hard for an easy on-the-go lip moisturizer. I hope they somehow make this into a solid stick-form if this product does well.

Great lip moisturizer, great price. The Vanilla & Macadamia smells amazing! Even my boyfriend noticed the smell :)
Leaves a nice glossy shine on your lips, too.. so it's nice to wear out.

I have this in caramel cream, it moisturises my lips really nicely, feels really rich and smooth and works great under lipstick, the tin is also really easy to open (unlike Vaseline!) but I always sanitise my hands before using it. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell but when I run out I'll probably buy vanilla and macadamia or the unscented version.

I recently purchased this from Walmart in the flavour Vanilla & Macadamia. At first I was a little skeptical of paying close to $ 3.00 for a lip butter, but I assure you, it is worth the money! This product smells AMAZING. This product is easy to apply and feels super soft/creamy on the lips and I loved the shine that it gives. This product has made my lips much less chapped. The only downsides are that this product does not have much of a taste despite the amazing smell and the packaging is not my favourite, but you get a lot of the product for the money you are paying. This product does require re-applying every 40 minutes or so. Overall, I love this product and will definitely be re-purchasing.

on 5/15/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The absolute best product I've ever used on my lips, hands down. Flavors are delish. This is sooo hydrating and soothing.

on 5/13/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a review for the Unscented lip butter.

I was shopping for lotion and found these lip butters. I saw the raspberry rose, caramel and vanilla macadamia fragrances. They looked good but I'm highly allergic to scented lip products, even those with just vanilla.

The butter is extremely thick at first when you melt it onto your finger, but as you spread it on your lips it feels smooth,velvety and buttery but not too tacky and not too oily. It's perfect.

I love to slather it on at night as a nightly lip treatment after my shower while my hands are clean (due to unsanitary container, wish they had a squeeze tube!) and I wake up with supple, smooth lips. Plus, no breakouts or hives, what a great balm!

Nivea, please make these (and the unscented option) in a squeeze tube form..

on 5/11/2013 11:33:00 PM

I love this little tin of lippie goodness. I have it in the Vanilla and Macadamia kiss and it is so tasty and hydrating. I usually will put a thick amount on at bedtime and wake up with the softest lips. The tin isn't the most hygienic granted so I use this at night after i wash my hands. I wish they had this in a tube but I love the formula so hand washing it is because it's very soft lip butter.
I really love it though and will buy more because they do make my lips feel so good. The moisture you get is fantastic in my book.

This stuff helps my lips every time I get dehydrated and I feel it hydrates them from the inside which is excellent. It's a great product and the tin is very cute. I really like the whole thing. Recommended!

on 5/11/2013 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Amazing. Only lip product by Nivea that I love. It is worth it. I have compulsive skin picking, and I am a lip balm queen. This makes my lips so soft and smooth. I have it in macadamia and vanilla kiss; the scent is mild.

on 5/10/2013 9:09:00 PM

I'm always looking for great lip balms. There are so many on the market now with so many claims that I get confused, so it's nice when a friend gifts you one to try out! I try to avoid petroleum based products just because they are more sealers than moisturizers imo. Although this one has petrolatum as the first ingredient it the product is bolstered with glycerin and seed oils which is nice. I have the Raspberry Rose Kiss which smells good, not overpowering. I will keep this in my night stand for application before bedtime. I don't like sticking my fingers into creams (germs) so using this before bedtime when my hands are clean is the perfect time. Will I purchase again? No. Too many other balms to try!

So this review is spicifically for the raspberry kiSs lip butter. This is the only one I have tried, in addition to the plain nivea lip butter, which came out long ago. For starters, I really like that the packaging of the lip butter because it is not bulky at all. Its super easy to throw in your makeup bag or purse and it won't take up a lot of space. I like that its totally flat, and I can throw it in my pocket too, without it looking bulky. After reading some of the reviews on here, many ended up not liking the packaging (or the little pot) like I do, because you have to use your finger to apply it. That doesn't really bother me much. Also, The formula of these lip butters not as thick as I thought it would be when I bought it. Don't get me wrong its is thicker than a regular lip balm but when you get it on your finger and put it on your lips, it ends up warming up a bit and thins out so it doesn't feel thick unless you apply it with several layers. It also has a pretty good lasting time. I can get almost two hours of wear time out of them before I really notice that its gone. However, once it does fade off your lips, it still draws in moisture and keeps your lips hydrated and smoothe. I love that I dont have to apply this ever half hour, unlike other lip balms. This nivea line comes in 5 amazing flavors, and each has a very slight tint of color. My raspberry had a slight pink/red tint, but didnt really show up as it turns up clear when you lather it on your lips. I think its cute that they have a tint of color, however it made it impossible to get my husband to try it. I even applied this right in front of him so he could see that it glides on clear- still a no go. I think some of the flavors should be made appealing to men, because they want their lips soft and hydrated too!
As far as where you can get these. I got mine a Wal Mart, however you can get them at any drugstore or big box store for abour $3.50, a little bit pricey for a lip balm... however, worth every single penny. Give it a try, with the variety of flavors- you are bound to find something you like.

I have the Vanilla & Macadamia... and omg. OMG. O.M.G THIS smell is REALLY similar to COOKIES! Very delicious.
Moisturises well, and yes I understand, it IS like a standard lip balm, but in a tin packaging. Which I'm not a fan of digging my finger in there and rubbing it on my lips. But I don't mind it. The smell really caught me.

I use this at night and it moisturises my lips the next day. Pretty pricey in Australia, about $6. But I didn't mind.
Smells awesome, works great!