April 18, 2014 | 1963 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by PurpleMongoose12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These are awesome!!! I actually think these are better then Eos. I have the Raspberry Rose, Vanilla & Macadamia, and the Caramel Cream. All of them smell lovely. They have cute packaging. I will buy them again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sonshinex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These lip butters beat everything I've tried in my life. I've had the EOS lip balm up 'til now but I'll have to say that Nivea wins this one.
I got these Nivea lip butters a couple of weeks ago and waited until now to see if it really works.
I have Raspberry Rose and Vanilla Macadamia and they both smell amazingly delicious. After putting the Vanilla Macadamia one on my lips, HOLY SKLFDLSD my lips were so smooth and wonderful within the next 30 minutes! It's perfect because my lips are usually dry and in terrible condition because of stress. This doesn't have the heavy feeling Rose Bud Salve or Vaseline have on your lips - it's not sticky, it's light, and the fragrance doesn't last on your lips after you put it on (thank god). This wonderful product has everything you need to condition your lips - almond oil and shea butter.
Yes these do come in little, matte tins that'll make everything unhygienic, but the product in these tins are WORTH IT. It's also reasonably sized enough that you can fit your lips in it without using your fingers to apply it. The tins are actually pretty cute :x
All in all, this is really amazing...get your butt off the computer and get yourself one of these! It is pretty cheap, I think $4. I plan on definitely repurchasing until I find another substitute but I don't think that won't happen for a long, long time!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is only ok. I was pretty disappointed with it actually after all the hype there has been over it. I have the Vanilla and Macadamia flavour. Ok, so it is very moisturising and does last on your lips for a good while but it does leave a white cast over your lips so I have resorted to just using this as a lip treatment straight before bed. Also, the flavour is VERY artificial, not too sure why people are saying that it's not! If I was to ever buy it again, it would only be something that I would use at bedtime. Also, the packaging is really quite annoying, a little bit messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by daZblu

Niva Lip Butter Kiss Tin in Caramel Creme:

There is a sick, sick part of me that actually consider eating this stuff straight from the tin; then I remember I'm no longer a child, and that eating lip balm is disgusting.

This stuff is awesome: it's thick and creamy without being sticky: (i.e.: your hair won't stick to it, and your lips won't form those icky "goo strings" when you press them together,) tastes like creamy caramel pudding, and soaks easily into your lips. Also: little to no color in the application means I don't need a mirror to apply (I usually kiss the surface and twist: since I generally don't share cosmetics), and the application is thin enough that I can put it on underneath anything.

I'll be putting a tin in every one of my winter coats next.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE: The ingredients don't really differ that much per "flavor" but I found the Vanilla Macadamia Nut one much more soothing than the the other versions and IMO the smell is much more pleasant than the other scents. But the bottom line is that I don't know if each scent is created equal. I enjoyed the Vanilla Mac Nut one, but just tossed the others as they didn't seem to do much for me at all. Maybe they were all just starting to dry out my lips...who knows.

ORIGINAL POST:This is fun to play with, but I doubt it will replace anything. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because it does leave a milky cast that needs to be blended out, and because of the tin...I am kind of over tins. Now on to the part that gets it all the way up to 4 lippies. It doesn't have lanolin or beeswax! It is so hard for me to find a lip product with out those two troublesome ingredients for me. It sinks in well, and gives me a smoother lip base to work with when I apply lip products. I also feels as if it helps my lip pencil apply smoother. I have the vanilla /macadamia nut one...smells nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

this is my HG lip balm. I bought the vanilla and machadamion nut one.
Omg it smells SOOOooo good! It isn't floavoued (who cares anyways) and it does add moisture to the lips although it could be more moistuizing it is still a good product just for the scent alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyLynne87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells good, and is very creamy. After a little while on my lips, it doesn't feel like I am wearing anything at all. My lips don't feel dry, just normal and healthy. Does not have any flavor, like the EOS lip balms do, and the smell does not transfer to the lips, so if smells bother you this shouldn't be a problem. Overall this is a nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great lip product! Not too heavy so it's great for warmer weather. It is not meant for intense lip repair, so if you're mouth is cracked to the high heavens save this for when things get a little better. The raspberry one smells delicious and the smell doesn't transfer to your mouth. It's a smooth, almost whipped formula that goes on smooth. It's never turned my lips white and I have very pigmented lips. Yes, it has petroleum. That's the best protectant for your skin. It's not meant to absorb, but to protect your features so they don't lose additional moisture. A few minutes applying my lips feel normal. Not wet, certainly not dry. It's also a great smoothing lipstick base.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by shainalam

I bought this after seeing Ingrid's (MissGlamorazzi) videos that included this. I normally have decently chapped lips. I'm very picky about what I put on my lips. Some lip balms are too greasy and slippery and some may make my lips peel. When I find a good lip balm, I go waaayy overboard with use. I found this at Rite Aid for $4 which shocked me because that is quite expensive for a lip balm but I had a $4 off coupon so I got one in Vanilla Macadamia Nut and one in Raspberry Kiss. After i bought it, I went to my car and put it on right away! The packaging kind of confused me because the cap doesn't screw on; it just covers it if that makes sense? Also, I'm more of a stick or tube lip balm kind of person. I feel like having it in this container is non-hygienic and I hate the feeling of products on my fingers. I have been using the Vanilla Macadamia Nut one for a few days now and I LOVE it. I use it all day every day, even at night. My lips would feel so soft and moisturized in the morning. I even use this before I shovel snow outside to keep my lips from drying and cracking. Overall, i love this product and will most likely be purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I often mention I have a dry skin condition in my reviews because I have little to no function in any of my moisture glands-if something helps me that says something.

My lips have been a particular problem for a decade. I produce no natural moisture barrier on them any longer and when left bare even momentarily, they're painful, sore, burn, then peel and crack. Its not as glam as I make it sound. All the usual suspects have come and gone as they've failed to help but I try new things and rely on certain balms I know won't make things worse. This winter I've also had angular chelitis(sp) the painful, chronic cracking at the corners of my mouth due to the lack of moisture barrier and vitamin deficiency also caused by my med condition. I suffered from Oct till Feb with little to no improvement though supplemets have helped a bit. But comfort wise? Nothing helped me feel better till this.

I only have the Vanilla Macedamia so I will only be reviewing that. Its a thick white cream in a small tin. It reminds me very much in both scent and texture of the much higher priced little tins of shea butter by L'Occitane but for the sheen on the Nivea product. There is almost the same gently sweet but not cloying, butter-creamiess to it. Unlike some lip products in a tin, think Rosebud Salve, this isn't a thin, almost oily substance. Its rich and for me, immediately soothing, comforting.

But the big surprise was my not having to reapply ten thousand times a day as I do with most lip products because they wear off and again, I can't go without a balm on my lips.

Its partly yes that the thicker viscosity helps it to last longer, as it wears off it still provides "slip," so you still feel its on even if the layer is by then virtually undetectable. Additionally it soothes my lips enough so they can go bare a little bit here and there, just minutes for now, but still.
I misplaced my little tin and have not gone out due to blizzard conditions so am in a bit of a panic! Its been 2 days almost and I'm back suffering though less than before and even with my vitamins the corners of my mouth are cracking yet again. I'm going to stock up, word of warning by virtue of my liking a product it will likely be discontinued! Lol, am going to try the other flavors/scents but have only seen this in one store and only 2 scents.

Hope this is a perm nivea product, I trust the line, my family has used it for generations. Despite some not liking the tin, I use clean hands and when out use my germ killer. The tin is easy to open unlike Burts Bees tins or the aforementioned Rosebud Salve. Now if I could only find mine!