Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 4/11/2014 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Omg! I love this mascara so much! The volume that it gives to your lashes is unbelievable. It clumps just a bit but i use lash-brow groomer to get rid of the clumps. This is my holly grail drugstore mascara. Totally recommend it to anyone who wants big voluminous lashes.

on 4/6/2014 2:20:00 PM

I think I am allergic to this mascara which is really saddening. Even if I wasn't allergic to it, the Rocket would not replace my favourite Urban Decay Supercurl but it would be my favourite drugstore mascara without a doubt. The Rocket burns my eyes if any of it slips in while washing it off which isn't a typical problem for me. I also noticed my eyes would be irritated during the day which I can only really attribute to wearing the Rocket. I loved the brush and how it would thicken and coat my lashes with ease. I will be buying another, maybe in waterproof, to see if it was a fluke but so far this is a no go for me.

I really enjoy this mascara! It gives great volume with a good amount of lengthening! It really is an all in one mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this mascara since so many people raved about it, but I can't. I'm disappointed, it clumps, felt heavy and sticky, and the most important thing is flaky. For references, I live in tropical land, and have oily skin so it's important to have non-smudges/flakey mascara. Besides, not a fan of clumpy lashes, I prefer curls natural looking one. In my opinion, the falsies mascara much better than this.

This is the best mascara over vet owned, hands down. It gives so much volume, and it lengthens them too! Everything good you could ever want in a mascara is in this one. The only problem I have with it is that the mascara started to clump on the top of the bottle, making it extremely hard to open and close.

on 4/1/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

So, this formula is very wet and there is A LOT of it on the brush. That being said I cant and wont wear this mascara alone. I wear it layered over a defining and lengthening mascara (my go to is MAC Extended Play lash). My lashes are very long BUT very thin, this would make them one big clumpy mess! What I do is apply one coat of my lengthening mascara, let it dry and them apply one coat of The Rocket overtop. I just put this under my lashes and pull it straight through. The "wiggle" from root to tip motion I can do with some other mascara does NOT work with this....again you WILL get a big clumpy mess if your lashes are thin. So just pull straight through. I allow my first coat of this to dry...and go through with a second and INSTANT FALSE LASHES! Literally it looks like I have falsies on. This is probably too much work for every day for most people...but I don't mind! This mascara is very hard to get off by the way! I would NOT recommend the waterproof version unless you never want it to come off! I have to use remover, wash my face and then use remover AGAIN to get this all off! To me this is similar to Benefit's They're Real...in formula....the brush on They're Real is a little more spikey and this more flat bristles. I actually prefer The Rocket to They're Real. With the layer technique I do I feel like there is less clumping and it looks more natural.

on 3/31/2014 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Love this mascara! It gives a ton of volume and some lengthening, too. The brush's bristles are short. I like brush-y sort of bristles better, but this works amazingly. I had no problems with clumping, though others have. The formula leans toward the wet side. It holds my curl on my straight lashes. It doesn't flake or smudge throughout the day! Maybelline mascaras have yet to fail me (which I hope is never). Totally dig it.

on 3/23/2014 12:11:00 AM

Makes my lashes look gorgeous but takes some effort to take off as I don't like the kind of eye makeup removers that are oily!

on 3/22/2014 9:43:00 PM

This mascara can either make my lashes look amazing or straight up awful. He formula is very wet and can clump if you aren't extremely careful during application, which is annoying. I have the non-waterproof formula and it's almost impossible to get off! My makeup remover says it can remover waterproof mascara but it can hardly get this stuff off my lashes. Overall, if you like a wet formula, large brush, and a mascara that refuses to budge then you will probably like this! However, it is not for me.

on 3/18/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried virtually every available drugstore mascara. I am not exaggerating. When I tried this mascara I was completely blown away. Maybelline generally has very good mascara's but the rocket is my absolute favourite. This mascara goes on perfectly for me. It makes my eyelashes look ginormous and perfect. I absolutely love this mascara.