October 25, 2014 | 1489 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Squeezeweasel

Despite having about twenty different blushes, I find myself mostly alternating between this and Orgasm, and kind of ignoring all the others. I'm NC15 in winter and NC25 in summer, and can wear this all year round.

Exhibit A is really alarming in the pan - a very loud orange/red. Applied in tiny quantities (a skunk brush helps) and blended well, though, it's the most natural blush I own, looking just like a gentle flush under the skin. You use so little, I can imagine it lasting pretty much forever.

Mixed with some Kiehl's lip balm on the back of the hand, Exhibit A also makes a really pretty (and surprisingly deeply pigmented) lip gloss. Teeth look nice and white next to it - a real winner!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by umbrielluv

Oh well, I got this together with Taj Mahal and it turned out that this colour is not as flattering as the lovely Taj Maha. When I tried it out at Selfridges the MA applied quite a bit on my cheeks and it looked a bit like sweaty red. I had the doubt at the time but still got it, but when I brought it home I just realized that it doesn't really suit me because it appered a bit like dirty-orangerish colour and it doesn't brighen up my complexion at all.

I eventually gave it in and traded it on eBay, guess I'd just keep using my pink or orange blushes. :p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Mirtika

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found my "warm" HG blush.

I was very, very skeptical of this (as others have said, super-scary ORANGE in the case). But, the glowing reviews swayed me.

Oh, man. Thanks to every gal who raved about this.

I am an NC44 Latina. My coloring tends toward the yellowish/golden. I used to stay away from orangish ANYTHING--lipstick, blush, sticking with cool to neutral tones--especially reds and berries that skew cooler.

Well, duh. I feel stupid for waiting this logn to try this. It really makes me look healthy. I have bad skin--dermatitis flare-ups, acne (and yeah, all my post-puberty life, and I'm 48), scaly dry bits, discolorations. But once I put on a good coat of moisturizer (Kinerase) and foundation and powder, this blush gives me a glowy sort of warm heightened color. A nice flush.

I thought Mata Hari might be my HG, but that one makes me look like I have rosacea, oddly enough.

But this clownish color makes my cheeks look lively and fresh and brightens my middle-aged skin. It's just gorgeous.

I apply it with MAC 187 (skunk brush) and add layers, little by little, so as to avoid the "clown" effect. I can layer a lot, due to my darker coloring. On the superplus side: It doesn't break me out badly with a reaction the way some blushes tend to. And it's matte. (I don't do well with shimmers at my age and with my troubled skin.)

So, go ahead. If you fit the profile (see all the glowing reviews), it might be a blush that makes your day. It really makes ME happy!!!!

I'd give it 10 lippies if I could.

Thanks, Nars!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by supermonica67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I am loving this blush! I have a light-medium asian complexion, and this blush is awesome! It is super pigmented, and I literally only had to dab my skunk brush into it once to pick up enough color for both cheeks. When applied lightly, the color is definitely not as red/orange as it may seem in the pan. It is a nice coral, summery pink that looks awesome in the summertime :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

ok, i got this from swap and the first time i opened this, i was like.. UH OH!!! but then, i remember a friend of mine who used this before and i really liked it on her cheeks. so i told myself, why not give it a try? 2 swipes is all i need and i got a beautiful rosy cheeks! i think this shade is really unique. i dont think i can find any dupes of this one and i dont think i need to buy again coz im sure this blush will last forever!

*** i soooo love this blush. it makes my face soooo alive and removes the tired look on me. i dont know what's with this blush but everytime i use this, i heard a lot of compliments from other people esp from DH! he said, "there's something on your face that tells you are very happy"

I LOVE EXHIBIT A!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by NYCgirl79

I don't know if I will ever finish it! Is it a scary color in the pan, YES. Is is a scary color on your cheeks, YES if you don't apply it with a light hand. LOL! I purchased it based on the oh-so-pretty screaming red like a neon in a dark night look. I didn't even think of trying it on my cheeks. I assured myself that if I don't like it I can always return it (which rarely happened). It is a watermelon red (mix bright pink with 40%red) (also a very pigmented one :) It is Matte, so you need to work it out a little bit more than the shimmery ones. I use my MAC 187, or 188 brush. And even with that you need to be really light handed, and blend it well on your face. When you take some time, it is a beautiful color!!!! It gives me a natural (just worked out) cheeks. I LOVE it. The only think I realized is that if you apply it over a heavy coverage foundation, the color changes into a dull one. (I don't know why). I use it with my HG Px Tinted Moist., or with nothing on my face. That's when I get the best result. I know it is a scary color, but give it a shot. It is not my HG, but it always makes me smile when I open the pan, and see that pretty color! Oh by the way I am NC25, with yellow undertone, and a combo skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While waiting for the train in NYC, I took a trip into Sephora. I've had a lot of problems with blushes making me look ashy, so I recruited a Sephora expert in my search. When I explained to her my problem, she immediately went to NARS Exhibit A. When she opened the color, I was really scared. She dabbed her bush in it and swept my cheeks. She also changed my life!! I've never had such a natural glow!!! I will be very upset if this product is ever discontinued!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2008 5:12:00 AM More reviews by umalin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this blush appear quite orangy on me (NC25 Mac with peach undertone)
my colleagues comment it makes my face look dull.
Maybe it's my skin tone? coz i have seen so many good reviews about this on MUA.
Just not the right color for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

Oh, how I had dreamt of this blush working on me (NC30, strong golden undertones)...I read the reviews, and would linger at the Nars section in Sephora debating whether to try it or not. Recently, I had a chance to go to Sephora again, so I armed myself with the proper brushes so that I could sample this blush. I was determined to master this shade...

While in Sephora, I saw many items which beckoned me, but Exhibit A screamed at me. And not in a pleasant way either. It was just obnoxious and cantankerous and I almost fled the store. But stupid me, I was on a mission to conquer the damned thing.

I approached the loud red-orange pot tentatively, hoping not to agitate it. I treated it oh-so-gently. My caress was whisper light, picking up only a few grains of color...Then I set about applying this to my cheeks using my Smashbox fan brush on one cheek and my MAC 187 dupe (from Ulta) on the other...

OMG, I looked like I had been bitch-slapped repeatedly! The color was such an ugly, unflattering orange nightmare...I guess I pissed it off! Dejected, I determined that there was no easy way to approach this evil, angry beast. Alas, it cannot be tamed. And I do not have the love or patience to work with it.

The whole application process was only part of it. This color is atrocious! I could MAYBE see going through all the trouble to apply this correctly if this was a pretty color, but it just reminds me of the vests that the freeway cleanup team wears, or of orange safety cones. If you put more on, it starts to take on this hideous red...not attractive! Yikes...And it just does nothing good for my skintone. Nothing at all. Pulls all the yellow out and makes me look like I've been severely beaten...or like a clown with jaundice...

I think it's kind of amusing that several MUA'ers mentioned that you have to use a very light hand but that you'll get lovely results if you do so. Yeah right. Give me a damned break. It's not like I am very fair-skinned. Yet I used a very light hand and can honestly say that it is not worth it for such an awful, garish color. For those of you who are low maintenance and don't want to finesse a blush every time you use it, STAY AWAY FROM THIS BLUSH!

7 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Khenninger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

By far my FAVORITE blush.....like others have said do NOT use a heavy hand the pigment is very strong. Just a dab will do ya!!! I have found that this color looks awesome on everyone. Even when I am tan or a little lighter in the winter it always looks perfect!!!