Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is probably my all time favorite brush! (I own a LOT of brushes, high end and drugstore) The quality and efficiency of RT brushes blows me away. I have never had any brush apply my foundation and blend it so evenly. It leaves no brush strokes and it's the perfect shape for buffing/stippling/bouncing on and off your skin. It's big enough that it doesn't take forever to blend but it's also small enough that it can fit around the smaller parts of your face. I am pretty sure I spent UNDER 9$ on this brush and it performs better than my 50$ MAC stippling brush. It also has NEVER shed. I have used this with my Kat Von D foundation and my MAC foundations including concealers and it buffs all of them beautifully. I swear by Real Techniques brushes!

on 11/1/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this on Amazon which was considerably cheaper than Boots. I used to wear foundation years ago but switched to tinted moisturisers, but decided to buy this and try with a cheap foundation I had in my cupboard. What I did was put a small amount on back of hand and apply a little at a time starting at the centre and blending out. My skin looks flawless. I am not even going to look for a more expensive foundation. Holds really nice in the hand. Feels durable and solid. The fact that it stands up is just great. I am going to buy a back up. Good brushes really do make a difference to the look of your make up.

on 10/30/2013 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the brushes today and I'm in love especially with the buffing brush WOW it's amazing it give a flawless finish!

on 10/29/2013 7:04:00 PM

HG foundation brush, makes it so easy to blend foundation and a good price.

on 10/26/2013 6:26:00 PM

This WAS my holy grail brush for the longest time! I even reached for this brush more than the sigma f-80 but after a couple washes it began shedding & making me very streaky I will not buy again.

on 10/23/2013 5:40:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

To start off, I think this brush is better than the ELF studio foundation brush SLIGHTLY, only slightly because I dislike both brushes. However, if you are searching for a cheaper foundation brush that has the similar performance than this one, then go with ELF cause this brush is so not worth it.

This brush doesn't work well for contouring, buffing, nor blending. It simply just useless. Luckily, I was able to return it with no problem. Never will I buy this one again!

on 10/21/2013 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is very well made except for the hair, I love the handle, the weight, the finish, the length, but the brush hair itself is not ideal for foundation, it has synthetic hair which I prefer, it a more ethical option. The hair has a somewhat shinny/ glossy finish, the hair is also not very dense, the pro is that it doesn't absorb much the product, but the con is that it's difficult to blend foundation evenly, I often see fine streaks on my face & have to smooth them out with fingers. I do like the length of hair which creates a good resistance when I brush it on my face, but the hair quality is so brittle that it feels rough on the skin.

Overall, the design of the brush it excellent, price is decent, but the hair quality is inferior, which makes the application un-enjoyable & the finish undesirable. I much rather the Sigma F82 round top kabuki, also with synthetic hair, similar price & similar shape, but much higher quality hair, more dense and better results.

on 10/18/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The bristles are firmly packed, gives amazing coverage, multi-use, can get in the under eye area to blend concealer. This brush is definitely worth the reasonable price- awesome product!

on 10/15/2013 7:40:00 PM

This brush is amazing i love it! It applied my makeup so smooth it looks soft focus.
By far the best makeup brush ive tried, relatively cheap too
❤️❤️❤️

on 10/14/2013 11:21:00 PM

I absolutely love this brush... I use it to apply liquid foundations. The bristles are soft and its shape and size makes it very easy for me to blend foundation on my face, and yet small enough to apply concealer under my eyes. I have the Sigma F80 kabuki everyone in the beauty community raves about, and it's no doubt a good brush, but personally, I find the Real Techniques Expert Face brush easier to use, and the fact that I can also use it to apply under eye concealer with it makes it my favourite out of the two. It's also easy to wash, dries in a descent period of time, unlike the F80 kabuki that seems to take forever to dry. Overall, this is a great quality, multi-function brush with reasonably good price that won't make you disappointed.

Popular Makeup Brushes