This is a great brush. I go back and forth between different foundation application methods, this brush, the beauty blender and my fingers. Right now I am using the beauty blender but out of all the foundation brushes I've tried this is my favorite. The price is reasonable, between Ecotools and MAC brushes I would say. The quality is absolutely wonderful. I don't think I have ever seen it shed, I have owned it for over a year and I wash it often. I love that it doesn't leave me streaky and that it provides even blending across my skin. I have only used it for foundation so I can't say anything about how it does in other areas.
If you are looking for a good foundation brush a step above ELF brushes I think you should check this one out.
This is an amazing face brush!! You can use the brush in different ways depending on the coverage you want. Since I've started using this brush I get lots of compliments on my foundation. Love this brush so much have recommended it to my friends, some of who have purchased it and love it just as much as me :-) Very reasonable price too!
What I've learned from playing around with it:
1. If you want opaque result or you want to maximize sheer-medium foundation to its capacity, use EFB by stippling it.
2. If you want sheerer result or lessen the thickness of a particular foundation, use EFB by buffing it around.
Whether you choose method #1 or #2, this brush is able to give you that blended, second skin look no matter what. This, in my opinion, is what sets it really apart from other foundation brushes. I don't know what Samantha did, but she really does a good job with this one.
3. As a general rule, this brush drinks up your foundation/TM/tinted sunscreen, so I recommend to dot your face first and take it from there.
4. If you are very prone to flakes and dryness, skip buffing and settle with stippling.
5. If you are very oily, use this brush to powder your face inch by inch. There's something magical with the bristles (or probably the design?) that really push the powder into your pores. I notice that I am oil free for way longer with this brush although I don't change the powder that I use.
6. Contour & blush friendly. I wouldn't say it's the best for these purposes but it will do the job decently.
7. Ever notice some brushes are just a PITA to wash? Not this one.
One negative thing is that I need more time to work with this brush due to its small size.
I've tried a fair share of foundation brushes (flat, duo fiber, kabuki) and I never really had much success with them - they all left my foundation looking streaky and uneven. This is by far the best foundation brush I've ever used - I can't even begin to list all the reasons it's amazing but I'll try:
- suuuuper soft
- never sheds
- can stand on your table top
- extremely affordable
- dense enough to really buff the foundation into your skin
- brilliantly designed because it doesn't have a short ferrule that will allow water to get into the bristles while the brush is being washed.
You can use also it for contouring or blush as well so I'm planning on purchasing another one or two. In summary - this is an amazing brush and I love that you can purchase it on its own.
It's a great great brush. Great quality for a great price. I use it to apply foundation. It blends the product really well and gives a really nice finish. Totally recommended!
Love love love! Use this for contour and it gives me the best contour ever! I recommend for any of you contour newbies!
The brush has soft synthetic bristles, so it is good for cream and liquid textures. I find it working really well blending liquid foundation providing. I tried it with a cream blush but found it difficult since it was applying too much. Was hard to control the amount since the brush is quite dense.
Not a 5 since I prefer light coverage and it is rather difficult to achieve with this brush as it is dense.
Such a good brush!! I'm pretty new with the whole makeup thing but I got it with all the great reviews and it is the best thing ever! DEFINITELY get this brush if you're looking for a foundation brush :) i bought it off iHerb because it was cheaper (i'm in australia). better than others i've tried and it really evens the foundation out! it;s so soft and is my HG
I have fallen in love with Real Technique. I have most of there face brushes now, and there isn't one im not happy with. they are all brilliant.
I was so excited when I brought this brush. And I was sold straight away!! It's so quick and easy to apply liquid foundation with this. i have never liked flat foundation brushes, mainly because it takes so long.
There was however a foundation that didnt blend very well with that brush, so sometimes i do use the buffing brush instead, which is amazing!
When I first received this product, I was disappointed with the size. I expected it to be larger as I was used to using the ELF powder brush, which I loved for liquid foundation. That being said, after only one week of using this Real Techniques brush, I am sold! The brush is really dense yet extremely soft and applies liquid foundation like a dream! It gives amazing coverage and I have not found it to waste product. :-)