April 18, 2014 | 920 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried a fair share of foundation brushes (flat, duo fiber, kabuki) and I never really had much success with them - they all left my foundation looking streaky and uneven. This is by far the best foundation brush I've ever used - I can't even begin to list all the reasons it's amazing but I'll try:
- suuuuper soft
- never sheds
- can stand on your table top
- extremely affordable
- dense enough to really buff the foundation into your skin
- brilliantly designed because it doesn't have a short ferrule that will allow water to get into the bristles while the brush is being washed.

You can use also it for contouring or blush as well so I'm planning on purchasing another one or two. In summary - this is an amazing brush and I love that you can purchase it on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by calooza

It's a great great brush. Great quality for a great price. I use it to apply foundation. It blends the product really well and gives a really nice finish. Totally recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by LSaenz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love! Use this for contour and it gives me the best contour ever! I recommend for any of you contour newbies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

The brush has soft synthetic bristles, so it is good for cream and liquid textures. I find it working really well blending liquid foundation providing. I tried it with a cream blush but found it difficult since it was applying too much. Was hard to control the amount since the brush is quite dense.
Not a 5 since I prefer light coverage and it is rather difficult to achieve with this brush as it is dense.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by anitakara

Such a good brush!! I'm pretty new with the whole makeup thing but I got it with all the great reviews and it is the best thing ever! DEFINITELY get this brush if you're looking for a foundation brush :) i bought it off iHerb because it was cheaper (i'm in australia). better than others i've tried and it really evens the foundation out! it;s so soft and is my HG

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by beths02

I have fallen in love with Real Technique. I have most of there face brushes now, and there isn't one im not happy with. they are all brilliant.
I was so excited when I brought this brush. And I was sold straight away!! It's so quick and easy to apply liquid foundation with this. i have never liked flat foundation brushes, mainly because it takes so long.
There was however a foundation that didnt blend very well with that brush, so sometimes i do use the buffing brush instead, which is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by anniebyrne94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first received this product, I was disappointed with the size. I expected it to be larger as I was used to using the ELF powder brush, which I loved for liquid foundation. That being said, after only one week of using this Real Techniques brush, I am sold! The brush is really dense yet extremely soft and applies liquid foundation like a dream! It gives amazing coverage and I have not found it to waste product. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by beevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got this product, I wasn't too excited to use it. I didn't like the packaging of it since it looked cheap. I immediately thought the hype was wrong. However, I still gave it a shot and absolutely fell in love with it! I love how it's the perfect brush to use for liquid foundation. The round shape and density of this brush makes it so easy to blend my foundation into my skin. I also like how it's so lightweight despite the brush looking cheap. I think the best part for me is that there are no hair fall outs at all! I am completely in love with this brush! It is definitely better than any brush or beauty blender I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by unicornkopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have watched pixiwoo videos for a very long time now, which then influenced my new love for makeup and trying out new things! I had always been a bit lazy with makeup, using an age old sponge with my foundation - so when Samantha's brushes were released I went to Boots knowing there was a 3 for 2 offer on.

I purchased this brush, the stippling brush and the setting brush. I was half nervous as a few reviews on here seemed to hate this brush, stating all good reviews are hype due to a love for Samantha etc, but I'm sorry those reviewers MUST have bought a dud product. The brush is so so soft, but dense enough to buff and smooth my foundation. Depending on the foundation I use I do get differing results, my Revlon Colorstay goes on beautifully with this brush, but my Bourjois Healthy Mix seems to blend away with it, so I suppose that's a slight downside - but probably more due to the consistency of the foundations.

I also use this brush to pat my Ben Nye cameo powder onto my cheeks to set my Illamasqua cream blush.. it's soft enough for multi-purpose but DOES need regular washes if this is the case.

Give it a go, it's lovely and works great for the price, whether you love Samantha or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by FromNJ23

Buyers Beware. I am convinced most of these ratings come from Samantha or her friends or her PR because this brush SUCKS. It is so soft on your hand but once you touch your face with it, its like a porcupine is pouncing on it. What a waste of money.

Edit:
I am not sure whether I used this brush when it wasn't completely dry and thats why it itched my face, but now it is amazing. It works great.