Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 10/12/2013 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wanted so much to love this brush but i gotta be true to my conscience...i hate this brush...my elf powder brush was so much better...this brush makes my makeup streaky and all it does is wipe off all my makeup...tried buffing, stippling and painting it on...it doesn't work no matter what i did...the problem is it doesn't deposit the makeup on your face so your brush is totally wet with the foundation thus making it all streaky...i'm just gonna go back to my beloved elf brush :(

on 10/11/2013 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Great brush for liquid foundation, can stand up in vanity since it has a flat base, nice weight to it & very affordable. I use this brush on a daily basis have 3 in total so I have a clean one at all times

on 10/9/2013 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this brush at all. I bought it based on the great reviews but honestly, I don't get the hype. I MUCH prefer my $3 ELF flat top brush. The ELF brush, which I also bough based on the great MUA reviews, is much easier to use and the makes my foundation go on smoothly. This too small, has almost a pointy end and just plain doesn't do anything.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I agree with all of the other reviewers who didn't like this brush. It was a waste of money! Too bad I threw everything out because I would of returned it :( it's the worst foundation brush I've ever tried. I also tried to find other ways to use it & it's just not as good as my other brushes. I bought a few Elf brushes that work better then this one. Maybe I'll give it to my friends daughter to play with!

on 10/9/2013 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I agree with the previous reviewer. This brush did nothing to help me apply foundation better. It is way too dense and short to blend foundation out without wiping it off of the skin. I don't know how everyone else is using it that is so miraculous, but for me it was a 'no'.

on 10/9/2013 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is the worst brush I have ever bought. I have a brush I got from target for a $1 that works better. It was way too dense and domed to blend any foundation out properly with out tugging and irritating the skin. I washed it once and it took two days to properly dry. There are way better full coverage brushes out there. I'd save your money for the Shiseido one. I'm glad I bought this at Ulta because I returned it the next week.

on 10/2/2013 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this brush. I use it for wet foundations and cream blushes (even stick blushes, like those from NYX and Tarte). It is especially nice to use with compact foundations, like Revlon's PhotoReady, as it picks up just enough product to be workable. I especially like using it to feather out the edges of my concealer, both under my eyes and across the lid.

I think the secret to this brush not "eating" all of your product is to apply toward the center of your face and blend outward. By the time I've reached my jawbone and forehead, the last bit of product smooths out perfectly.

Two things I especially love are: the price (especially if you catch a BOGO), and how easy it is to clean.

on 10/1/2013 3:07:00 PM

perfect for its purpose, liquid foundation or creams. its so easy to work with, a must have

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This brush is fantastic for foundation just like the buffing brush. The shape of it makes it easy to get around your nose & eyes and it blends nicely.. I love that they're synthetic too. I've only used it for foundation so far but I've heard it's great for contouring, too. I love that I can find these in my drugstores now also. Such great quality brushes.

on 9/26/2013 7:03:00 PM

Works great!!! super soft, easy to clean, and doesn't irritate my face(:

Popular Makeup Brushes