December 22, 2014 | 917 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by pashmeash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

to everyone saying that this product provides zero/invisible/non-existent coverage: wtf is going on? it's not a medium coverage or anything but i have to say, the first thing that impressed me about the nars tinted moisturiser was the amount of coverage it had going on (possibly because i expected nothing at all). but it's certainly not that, for me anyway: i find it has great day-coverage that makes a substantial difference to my overall skin tone. concealer makes an easy job of any persistent scars and undereye circles and blends in with the moisturiser beautifully.

it took me a few trials to figure out that even though my skin leans (sometimes severely) to the dry side of things, the nars tinted moisturiser is hydrating enough to forego moisturiser to most of my face. i still apply some to the really dry bits on my face (around the nose, between my eyebrows, etc) but other than that, this stuff stands on its own and brings your whole face together in one step and i really love that. it leaves a bit of a dewy glow and while some people will dig that, i still find that i need to put on a bit of powder to tone it down a little (which i don't mind). i use the lightest colour (finland) and it's a bit too dark but given how sheer it is it's not a problem at all to blend in to my face and neck while still looking natural (this works great with brushes, but especially fingers).

lasting power is surprisingly decent and i'm not worried at all about my makeup by the end of a normal working day. the only thing that's stopping me from giving this a 5 is the fact that while my skin doesn't violently react to this every time i wear it, i notice a pattern of problem skin areas if i wear this for more than a few days in a row. i'm not gonna call this a dealbreaker, but it does limit me a bit when i could easily feel comfortable enough to wear this every day if i wanted to. instead i usually reserve it for days at the beach, picnics, and outdoors kind of stuff (it's spf 30), or anything where i just need to get out the door.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Currently, I am an nc25 with dry skin and active breakouts. I want a foundation to provide light-medium coverage (I can't stand heavy things on my face) without emphasizing ANY dry patches on my face and this foundation delivers. I have tried many foundations the past few months- and surprisingly many dewy/moisturizing foundations contain alcohol which dries out my face over time. Luckily, NARS TM does not and it feels very comfortable on my face as well. I absolutely love this foundation, it is quickly becoming my HG daytime/no flash photography foundation. I use the shade Alaska and it matches me pretty well. I have tried applying with my hands and RT expert face brush- and both worked very well. This DOES NOT cover my breakouts (but I don't expect any TM to), it simply evens out my skin tone to give me a dewy finish.

This TM retails for $42, which is pricey, but I think it is completely worth it as it meets all my needs. I bought this during Sephora's 20% VIB sale though, but would've paid full price. Also, it contains 1.9 fl oz of product which is twice the size of traditional foundations, so it's basically ~21/oz which isnt bad at all :)

Overall, I love this foundation and highly recommend it for those with dry-normal skin. HG for me

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by tequila29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nars is the best tinted moisturizer I've used so far. Prior to this, I used Laura Mercier but Nars' is 10 times a better product. My face is neither matte nor shiny but perfectly hydrated. I actually look presentable and can go in public with just this moisturizer and no other makeup. The before and after is quite dramatic and I use this every morning after washing my face. It doesn't feel like I have anything other than moisturizer on. The Laura Mercier product made my skin feel like I had a mask and it was slightly orange and shiny but the Nars tinted moistuirzer is so light yet has ample coverage and makes my skin look natural and even toned. Its my holy grail product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too dark and orangey.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Vlayra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if I'd buy this again. It smells good and feels nice on the skin. It didn't break me out but the coverage is almost invisible. I like the SPF and the colour chart (Finland matches perfect with my skintone). Too expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by deelasoul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a big NARS fan and usually use the Sheer Glow foundation but wanted something lighter for the summer so I thought the Tinted Moisturizer would be perfect and it was ... at first.

Coverage is sheer but fairly buildable. I have a little redness in my cheeks and two layers covered it pretty well. I liked the shades, too. Seychelles was perfect when I had a bit of a tan ... definitely on the yellow side though.

So what was the problem? After a few weeks, I realized it was breaking me out. I suspect it's the SPF, which is lovely in theory but my skin is truly sensitive and doesn't appreciate most SPFs.

Anyway, if your skin can tolerate it, it's a fine TM.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by starryide

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for three months now and it does not irritate my skin at all. It doesn't treat my acne, but it doesn't worsen it either and it provides very good coverage. It feels very light on my skin and I love that it's moisturizing and has 30 SPF. It applies easily and smoothly. It doesn't really have a mattifying factor but I actually really like the dewy finish- it makes my skin look natural and healthy! Afterwards, I don't need to blot like I used to. After three months, I'm still using the same tube and there's still quite a bit left, so the price is pretty worth it! I know it's more expensive that a lot of other brands, but I'm willing to invest in good skincare (:

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this tinted moisturizer! I was debating between this and Laura Mercier, so I got samples of each from Sephora. I used to be NC35 in MAC, but now I'm lighter since I stopped tanning. I'm probably NC25 now. I have strong yellow undertones due to Asian skin. NARS tinted moisturizer in Alaska and St. Moritz are perfect shades for me. Alaska is great for my pale winter days and St. Moritz is better for Summer days. Alaska has both yellow and pink undertones so it can work for many different skintones. St. Moritz has more yellow/orange undertones. Right now I am mixing the two shades together to get a perfect match, since I'm in between. This product does give a dewy finish and sometimes I do a light dusting of setting powder so I'm not super dewy. I have normal skin, so oil isn't a huge problem for me though. This product has a slight lemon scent and it's not overpowering, whereas the Laura Mercier had a strong sunscreen smell. Laura Mercier also did not have a shade that was yellow enough for me. I will definitely be buying NARS in both shades. Great for those days when you want sheer coverage and don't want to spend a lot of time getting ready in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by princessface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm using this in Finland and it is just devine! I have oily skin, so after cleansing and toning with Dermalogica products in the morning, I skip my usual moisturiser and go right to the Nars tinted moisturiser. It gives me the perfect balance of moisture and evens out my complexion. It's perfect for day wear such as going to uni, work and running errands. Concealer is still needed if you have spots, but that isn't a concern. It is so light and I feel like I get a good amount of coverage while still letting my skin breathe. I like to set it with a translsucent powder and find that this helps with the longevity. Lasts about 6 or 7 hours on oily skin before things begin to slip. The colour stays true thoughout the day and is oil free, so no break outs! My only problem is that I can't use it as a base for powder foundation when going out as the SPF gives me ghost face under flash photography. But, as a day time tinted moisturiser alone, it is absolutely perfect. I just wish Mecca Cosmetica would sell it for a reasonable price, it's ridiculous to pay $68 AUD when it's only $45 or so in the states.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I got a small sample of the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in St. Moritz.
It was a great match for my tanned asian skin. It goes on smoothly and light. And the best part, did not break me out. YAY!

However, I did not love it enough to purchase the full bottle. Sorry Nars. You are wayy to expensive.