October 25, 2014 | 1759 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I got a small sample of the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in St. Moritz.
It was a great match for my tanned asian skin. It goes on smoothly and light. And the best part, did not break me out. YAY!

However, I did not love it enough to purchase the full bottle. Sorry Nars. You are wayy to expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by sleaf

I am fairer than most and Finland, the lightest shade, is too yellow and dark for me. The yellow doesn't bother me as it neutralized the redness in my face, but the shade is a full shade darker than Siberia which is a decent match. The coverage was sheer enough that I was able to use this for a subjectively "bronzed" look during the warmer months when I'm more "tan." The color is such a shame because I loved it otherwise. It applies nicely and the finish is gorgeous. My weird sensitive combo skin was fine with it and I loved the smell. I just wish they made a lighter shade in line with Siberia for my ghostly white skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by spiritkc

Finland was the color that most closely matched my skin but something between Alaska and Finland probably would be better as I lose summer color. I liked the texture of this product going on far better than Stila's tinted moisturizer and Too Faced tinted moisturizer. However, on certain days regardless of whether or not I wear pore concealer or primer or sunscreen underneath, the product seems to settle in the pores of my cheeks. While it still matches the area between the pores, somehow it looks noticeable and lighter in color where my pores are. I've tried just primer to see if that helps, but the results have been inconsistent.

I'm not sure if it is a problem with the consistency of the product or matching the color tones of my skin, but it is frustrating to have to watch during the day to make sure my pores aren't being inadvertently highlighted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by deliah008

I got a sample in Alaska (which was a bit yellow for my skin). I ended buying Alaska and Finland (shade no. 1) because with Finland as a base and with Alaska on areas that need coverage, they do a very good job - comparable to a medium coverage foundation, actually. And, when I wipe at my face, there is minimal color that comes off on my face. Very breathable and wearable.

I can't say anything for the darker colors, but the two light colors are very wearable. No oxidation. Three dots cover my whole face. Minimal powder necessary (only on the nose). After 8+ hours, still look natural.

Even though this has sunscreen, please please wear a spf product underneath; this is not sun protection at its best.

I regularly use Benefit Oxygen foundation (very light, blendable), but lately has been giving me acne problems.

Many stores (including Sephora) are giving one week samples - I suggest taking one and use it for a week to see if skin problems occur.

Update: I have oily skin but has not seen acne problems. Been using this for 1 month+.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love NARS, but they need some more shades in this. Finland was clearly too yellow for me, and Alaska was clearly too dark, yet the SA tried to push it anyway, which seriously annoyed me. I normally wear Mont Blanc in the Sheer Glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by beautystar07

Skin: Dry around the chin, nose, and a little on the cheeks. Fair-medium
Color I brought: Alaska
Formula : Thicker than Laura Mercier
Package: Less messy than Laura Mercier

Lately my skin around the cheeks has redness, so I needed something to cover it. I also have a lil discoloration. The formula is a little thick and it spread out very easily. It cover my flaws pretty well. However, the price is so expensive!!!!! Even though is a moisturizer, I recommend everyone to use moisturizer before the TM. Go Sephora and ask for a sample before you buy it ^^ I would rebuy this again, unless I find something else better. & NO NEED TO USE A PRIMER, this last all day! 10 hours for me!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by daintydaisy

Soooo bummed by this one! Looked so lovely and natural, great shade selection and sheer but buildable coverage...until it gave me some of the worst breakouts ive ever had. I'm prone to a couple every now and then but this literally made half of the pores on my face clog up into raised red bumps. Worst breakout I've had from a cosmetic product for sure. If you're acne prone, test it out on a small patch of your face so you avoid this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I no longer recommend this product. I noticed after several hours of wear, the product oxidized on me and gave me a masky look. I will not repurchase.

I love this tinted moisturizer. Much more than Laura Mercier's. The coverage is buildable, especially when applied with a flat tipped brush. It stays on all day without primer and it looks really natural - you with a healthy glow. I use Alaska.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Catten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to log into makeupalley to review this product - it's that effing good.

NARS - please never change the formulation of this product! I do think the colour range is a bit limited, so feel free to expand on that! :)

I initially tried Cuba for my NC42 skin, found annapurna to be a better match. I have crazy combination skin - can get very oily in my t zone, also have excema around my chin (so can get very dry). Super sensitive. Love how this TM moisturizer feels - lightweight and comfortable (can't even "feel" it sitting on your face), and hasn't broken me out or irritated me to date. Love that it has sun protection, but not heavy or sticky like a lot of sun protection products seem to be.

Has coverage like a light foundation, and is indeed radiant. Use a light dusting of setting powder in my t zone to get me through a full day.

For those complaining that it's not moisturizing enough - I really don't see this as a problem given the multiple hats it can wear. I really don't want my TM to become an oil slick by the end of day, and am more than happy to layer on additional moisturizer as need before application.

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by kikosaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only had this TM for a week but am already in love with it, I was colour matched to Alaska, which suited my NW20 skin tone perfectly. Since my skin is generally quite nice, I only apply this product over my nose and chin using my fingers. It is tinted enough to cover my slightly red nose and the blemishes on my chin but feels barely there. I use a light suncream underneath (to protect the parts of my face that I don't use it on) and my Shu Uemura loose powder over the top-- the TM doesn't need powdering down but I like how my skin feels with it on. I am from Australia, so it was exorbitantly priced ($68)-- if you can afford it, buy it!