Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

I'm in LOVE!!! At first when I put it on I really didn't see any difference in my skin. Once I put my foundation on OMG, it looked sooooooo much better than by itself!! I had a beautiful flawless finish, pores became invisible. My skin looked gorgeous!!

Love how the product goes on.The bottle is not a good design that it done get all the product out ,a least a quarter of the bottle left .Dries fast not like others that stay tackie

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Written 9/23/2012
So I finally have this primer! Tried it out just once and I really liked it! So silky and smooth when i applied it on before makeup. The pump is genius! Will be watching how it acts as the weather starts to change from summer to fall.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i LOOOVE this primer. It doesn't really matter what foundation you wear as long as you have a good primer underneath it and this is definitely a good quality primer with a price tag that doesn't immediately flatten your wallet. It keeps my makeup from sliding off and I look flawless all day, sort of like a mannequin. It does not irritate or cake my skin. Really happy that I found this. I will keep purchasing.

I hated this. It sunk into the skin really quickly which meant I had to use 10x more than usual, it didn't smooth my skin or feel nice, and it smelt funny.

This primer dried like white chalk on my face. My tinted moisturizer didn't spread evenly and looked terrible. I have normal to dry skin.

I think if you have oily skin this might work, otherwise stay away!

This product is very nice. It gives my skin a soft oil free finish throughout the day. I can wear it alone for a natural look or with revlon photoready liquid foundation for a more flawless appearance. It's cheaper compared to other brands but it's promising. I love it and I will definately repurchase this one :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

Omg Omg, I absolutely adore this primer. The main reason why I use a primer is to keep my face matte and to control the oil production in my t-zone. I also wear primers to keep my makeup long-wearing, fill in pores, smooth fine lines, etc. I've used several primers from high end to low end. All of the primers I have used have been good, but have not kept me matte as long as the Revlon one. I was running out of my Mac Prep and Prime spf 50 and decided to save some money and get a drugstore primer. After reading several reviews I decided on getting the Revlon primer and I've fallen in love. First off, I love the packaging and the design of the bottle. The primer doesn't feel like a traditional silicon primer, but it goes on smooths and dries to a soft satin finish. It's hydrating enough for dry skin, but mattifying enough for oily skin. It fills in lines and makes my pores disappear:). My skin will start to get slightly dewy around 3-3.5 hours when I use my Mac or Tarte poreless primer (which I absolutely adore as well). I don't mind looking slightly dewy btw. When I wore the Revlon primer and looked in the mirror around the 3 hour mark, I looked exactly the same as when I first put it on in the morning. After five hours, I started to get a slight glow on my forehead (my forehead produces the most oil throughout my tzone). I would say it looked like a healthy sheen. I checked the mirror after 8 hours and I was slightly oily. I have never been able to go for so many hours without blotting at least once. Out of all the primers I have used, I would have never thought that I would ever find one that would keep me matte for so long, and especially one that came from a drugstore. My skin and my pockets are very happy:). I wanted to add that the primer doesn't give a flat matte dead look, but it does give a perfect airbrushed effect to the makeup. It is indeed longwearing and I haven't gotten any breakouts. It would have received 5 lippies, but it lacks something that the tarte poreless primer has (I would give the tarte 4 lippies as well because it lacks the mattifying effects of the revlon). The tarte poreless primer gives the most beautiful soft focus effect to the face. You literally look like a airbrushed picture lol. If the revlon primer had the soft focus effect of the tarte, it would be perfect. But it's close to perfect, and I'm extremely satisfied with it.

Edit: I still keep the original rating for the primer because I still absolutely adore it. I have noticed that after experimenting with several foundations that the primer works best with foundations that already good at keeping the skin mattified. The review really pertains to how the primer performed with my Clinique Stay Matte foundation. With that foundation, my skin stayed relatively matte for up to 8 hours. My other foundations like my Clinique Perfectly Real compact foundation are for oily skin types but I will get really oily after a couple of hours. The primer made my skin look flawless but I was oily around 4 hours of wearing the foundation. I would still definitely repurchase it though:).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I find this to be a very nice, but basic primer. It gives nice smooth base for foundation application, and helps makeup last longer.
I don't like that when it's first applied, it gives you that kind of, "poreless" look, but after a few hours that poreless look slowly fades away :( I also don't find it to be *incredibly* mattifying, but it's not bad, and it doesn't add to my oilies which is important for me. (I feel it's much better than the L'oreal Studio Secrets one though, in my experience at least ;D)
But I recently found my HG primer (I have very oily skin & have found that Biore UV Face Milk + a mix of aloe gel & silica powder mattifies me beautifully) So this had made it's way to the back of my makeup stash for several months until just 1-2 wks ago. I brought it back out to give it another go before deciding if I wanted to pass it along to my mother or not (she & I share cosmetics often :D)
Not long ago someone on the MakeUpBoard reccomended using silicone based primers over TOP of foundation for a matte/poreless kind of look, so I gave it a go with this & was SO pleased with the results!! My face stayed matte much longer than it normally would have, my face looked poreless for a lot longer, and my overall makeup look lasted longer as well :) So needless to say I've decided to keep this primer & use it for that purpose, and I'm quite happy with my decision!
I love the pump bottle (gotta love anything with a pump) as well as the fact that this has caused no breakouts or clogged pores for me (That's always a big issue for me as I have very finicky skin) I just don't care for how bulky the pump bottle is.. ugh it's impossible for travel and also immediately after purchasing, the lid popped off and hasn't fit correctly back on ever since..It won't stay on so I had to use electrical tape to tape the back side of the cap down, then I can lift up the front where the pump is to dispense product.
I also decanted some into a 1 oz travel container to keep in my purse for touch ups. Just get a small amount on the tip of your finger or a wedge sponge and apply(dab) to oily areas -works like magic! ;)
It's a *tad* on the pricey side for "drugstore", but Revlon is one of the more expensive drugstore brands, and you get a large amount of product and a pump bottle for your money. I paid right around $10 USD for this and feel it's well worth it :)
Overall I do think that this is one of the better (if not the best) overall drugstore primer. From the US Drugstores I like Black Radiance's Complexion Perfecting primer for mattifying, but it does nothing for my jumbo pores.. And I like this one for blurring my large pores, and it's also good for mattifying me in the fall/winter, but when the weather becomes hot/humid in my area(June,July, August) then this one doesn't do much for my oil control.. So overall, I give it 4 lippies and do plan to repurchase. It's not my "holy grail", but it is pretty darn good, ESPECIALLY for camoflauging large pores over makeup! ;)

Well, hello my new best friend!! Ladies, I have very very oily skin, I mean, so oily that 10mins after I get out the shower, my face is a grease fest! I use Decleor ylang ylang serum, decleor mattifying toner, and eucerin q10 and this my face will be grease free for up to 10hrs (summer time I blot once). This little gem here is absolutely superb! Not only to keeps my face grease free but it also helps me cover any redness goin on my face. I love this so much I have 4 back ups just in case revlon decides to discontinue it (u know how often that happens). This is far better than any HE brand i've bought. Buy it! Promise u won't regret it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors