December 22, 2014 | 1098 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer its so light and keeps my makeup fresh all day

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very pale. This product is very pale. And very pink! No matter how little I use, I have the faint look of calamine lotion - sort of pink chalky tint. It cuts down on my moisterizer SPF shine but better primers and/or powder do this too without all the pink. the pump container is very good. I like the Photoready liquid foundation but I will be throwing this stuff in the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First, I should admit that when I purchased this, I thought I was getting a foundation (was so thrilled to have found a foundation that matched my skin! and yes, my skin is THAT pale). When I left and realized it was a primer, I wasn't really too disappointed, because I'd been meaning to try a primer lately anyway. Tried it just now, and I really can't tell ANY difference at all in how my makeup looks. It just felt like putting a silicone-containing lotion on my face. And for the price ($13.29 at CVS) it really needs to show a result for me to get behind it. Everyone else seems to really enjoy this product, but for me, I don't get it. I don't have particularly visible pores or wrinkles, but still. Not worth the price for me (not worth any price for me though).

**Update: After using this as a primer several times in the last few weeks, I'm convinced that this actually makes my foundation look WORSE. When I put this on under my foundation (CG Simply Ageless) it makes my skin look extremely dry and flakey. I can't figure it out. Since it seems to actually make my makeup look worse, I've cut my rating down to one, and will probably throw out the bottle despite it being nearly full-- if anyone here wants it, let me know.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by needtoread

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for this product, but unfortunately I didn't like it at all. I am 56 years old with normal skin (very few wrinkles). I found this made my skin appear drier than it really is and although I only used a very thin layer, the primer visibly settled into the pores on my nose. I did not find it easy to apply my foundation over this primer.
I have been happy with BE Prime Time primer and I will stick with it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by alisaabby

I love this primer! I've had my share of many different kind of primers but this has been the best so far! It just makes my skin so soft and when I put it under my eyes, it makes my concealer look so good! There's not much else to say about this product other than BUY BUY BUY! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by katiek2012

I love the smell of this product. It goes on extremely smoothly, yet dries without any oily leftover. It helped my foundation stay on for much longer and blends into the skin easily. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure what I feel about this primer to be honest. I don't dislike it - it feels nice on the skin, glides on nicely and does seem to 'blur' any imperfections (mainly redness) that I have. I'm just not sure if it's a necessary step?
I have simply ENORMOUS pores, especially round my nose, and I don't find that this stops them from being visible. I am trying out lots of different foundations at the moment, and I can honestly say that none of them seem to wear or even look different enough over primer to make me purchase this again.
I like the packaging, although the pump - even on daily use - always clogs a little so when I pump some product out I have a grain of solidified primer to find and wipe away. I would prefer a tube as it would fit in my makeup bag easier, and also I could cut the end off when I get closer to the end.
Basically this is a bit of a 'meh' product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by EsmeT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Really wanted to love this product after reading so many rave reviews, but I'm actually struggling to find anything good to say at all.

Like the glass pump bottle that it came in, but beyond that I really didn't get on with this primer. It feels smooth when initially applied to skin, but be sure to 'pat' it on, as any rubbing or smoothing and it begins to peel off. This is easily dealt with, but still put me off slightly.
My main issue with the primer is how heavy and cakey it made my make up look. My foundation looked thick and uneven, my pores (which I've never previously struggled with) looked HUGE, and my concealer looked patchy. After about an hour of wear my face was dry and flakey, and to be honest I've rarely felt less 'photoready'.

Tried different moisturizers, application techniques, more/less product, but I just can't make this stuff work for me. One star for the packaging, and another because its extreme drying effect may help mattify very(!!!) oily skin types. Total disappointment!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by chai24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have very oily blemish prone skin. I'm skeptical on using primer due to my oily skin. This product is matte and controls shine! It controls oil better than L'oreal perfecting base which I also love but hate the jar type packaging. Foundation is matte finish. Love the pump bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Hiperpiper456

Initial Reaction:
I totally loved it. It made my natural skin flawless and matte (mostly). My makeup went on smoothly.
Midway (Halfway in March):
I began to use it more on my T-Zone on the nose, and side of nose. I started to notice more flakiness.
Now:
I have come to a conclusion. This primer does make your makeup look good when you wear for it 2 hours or so...but it fades. The color stays on okay, but in areas where it is oily, the makeup tends to rub off.
No matter how much lotion I can put on my face, the flakiness is always there. It wasn't there before. I think it makes my makeup a bit more cakey.
So use sparingly, and apply a thin layer. Other than that, it is pretty okay. It did not break me out. I have oily-combination skin. I would recommend to invest in a better and high end primer that does guarantee oil-freeness for a long time.