October 23, 2014 | 1577 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by chai24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have very oily blemish prone skin. I'm skeptical on using primer due to my oily skin. This product is matte and controls shine! It controls oil better than L'oreal perfecting base which I also love but hate the jar type packaging. Foundation is matte finish. Love the pump bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Hiperpiper456

Initial Reaction:
I totally loved it. It made my natural skin flawless and matte (mostly). My makeup went on smoothly.
Midway (Halfway in March):
I began to use it more on my T-Zone on the nose, and side of nose. I started to notice more flakiness.
Now:
I have come to a conclusion. This primer does make your makeup look good when you wear for it 2 hours or so...but it fades. The color stays on okay, but in areas where it is oily, the makeup tends to rub off.
No matter how much lotion I can put on my face, the flakiness is always there. It wasn't there before. I think it makes my makeup a bit more cakey.
So use sparingly, and apply a thin layer. Other than that, it is pretty okay. It did not break me out. I have oily-combination skin. I would recommend to invest in a better and high end primer that does guarantee oil-freeness for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice product. I was, however, hoping for it to make me more oil free, which it didn't really do, as when used on it's own I had shine coming through on my t zone within a couple of hours. However, when used over Avene Cleanance anti shine moisturiser it worked alongside it to create a face that had much, much less oil coming through and I didn't feel the need to blot every two hours like I normally do.
One flaw with this product is that you have to apply it with a very light hand, otherwise I find my foundation goes cakey and sticks in my pores. And I mean a VERY light hand.
The effect it gives is a sort of airbrush look. My red bits are less red, my skin more even, my foundation looks better and I look more radiant. I like that aspect of it and I will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ktkemp33

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great primer. Was using L'oreal, it wasn't bad, but the Revlon has the texture of skim milk, instead of the souffle texture L'oreal has. I felt like it add less oil and there was much more product for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by MartiniSmiles

This is probably one of the best primers I've used. It feels thick when you pump it out but once you've spread it across your face, it feels very light and airy. Like many reviewers mentioned below, you do have to blend it fast because it absorbs pretty quickly once its on your face. I've used this under my Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse foundation and BB Creams and it seems to help make it last longer. I've also worn it alone and it really makes my skin appear smooth. Since I don't want too much products on my face, I only wear this when there's an event or have to be out for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Beauty2Behold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had to write my own review on this product, it really does a lot for me. First I should clarify that my skin is an acne-prone, large-pore, oil-producing MESS. It's also very fair and sensitive so it takes a lot of work to make it look good.

I have tried multiple primers before, including the MakeupForever HD primer but I can safely say this one is the best I've tried so far in regards to keeping my skin matte for the most of the day. I usually blot my face between 5-6 times a day. When I use this primer, I notice it has reduced the shine and pores on my face considerably and I blot a lot less. I also notice I no longer need to use a pore-perfecting balm/serum anymore when I use this primer, it has it built in! The finish is matte and silky as opposed to being very liquidy and shiny and my foundation stays put and blends really nicely. It also does not make me break out.

For a drugstore product, I am really impressed.

Cons:

-The price for me is a little steep however, $18.99 CAD at my pharmacy.

-The clear cap cracked on my second week of using the product because it kept popping off and landing on the floor.

-When I was down to my last bit of product, the pump no longer allowed for any product to come out even though it looked as though there was still a bit of usage from it.

Either way, I am so happy with this face primer, I am on my second bottle of it. It is the only primer I have found that is able to withstand my oily skin during an 8-hour work day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall:

- Great for people who can skip foundation (skin looks incredibly flawless)
- Probably works for people who don't use any powder on their face
- BAD for oily skin!!

I found this for about 20% off so I thought why not try it out as the primers that I have used before cost around $10 more.
First of all I really like the packaging. The pump is just awesome. You never waist product because you can pump out literally the smallest amount.
I like the consistency. It's almost like a silicone primer (like the smashbox photo finish), but less "gel" like and much more smooth. It's easy to spread all over your face, but I feel like I use more than I thought I would need as it is thick as take more product to spread around my whole face (around 2 pumps, a little less).

My first impression of the primer was that it made my bare face look soooo good! Obviously I still have some blemishes, acne scars and dark circles under my eyes, but my pores were virtually gone! And my skin look a but more even. Less blotchiness around my nose for example. I was pretty shocked. My face felt so soft and it had a photoshopped look to it, except the photoshoppers forgot to remove my blemishes!

My foundation applies smoothly and porelessly and looked pretty perfect at first. Then came the powder. I always need to set my foundation with a bit of loose or pressed powder (very oily skin) and it ruins the effect! I don't know why, but when I apply powder, my pores come out again and the whole "flawless face" look is gone. And I've tried 3 different powders (covergirl, maybelline and l"oreal). So that was disappointment #1.

Disappointment #2 is the oil control. My skin gets quiet oily around the T-zone, and this primer does nothing for me in that area. My skin gets just as oily as it does without a primer, and oil control is a huge priority for me so that was a huge let down. I can control the oil better if I use my UD de slick spray, but I don't like having to use 2 primers, I feel like I'm waisting my money.

I don't think I would buy this again as it doesn't work with my skin, but I bet this would work great for people with normal to dry skin. If they came out with an "oily skin" formula, then I would definitely try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

:::UPDATE 7/8/14:::
i ended up buying a 2nd jar of this but Have decided to move onto better recent finds. *review available* this primer tended to ball up on a skin. was in denial about it for a while. plus the packaging was bad because I could never get the pump to work properly once I got to the halfway point. I'd have to pry the pump off to scoop out the remaining product.

like most reviews on this product, i also like it. my previous primer to this was loreals primer in the little jar. the formula was ok however it recently started to curl up on my skin causing my foundation to flake in certain areas. plus i hated the jar it came in. this primer comes in a convenient and sanitary bottle with a pump like the foundations in the same photoready line do. theres a lot of product for the price you pay. i have oily skin all over and i noticed that after applying my olay moisturizer for sensitive skin after washing my face in the morning, i have this slightly shiny look all over my face. however once i apply this primer on after the moisturizer i noticed an immediate mattifying appearing right away. it glides on really smoothly. one pump covers my entire face. i have acne prone skin but so far it hasn't broken me out. i've only been using this for a week so i'll update again if anything changes on that part. i don't notice any obnoxious smell either. so far i'm loving this primer. my previous HG face primer was from victoria's secret the pro FX one i think that was what it was called. it use to be $12 but they've since jacked up the price to $18 for the same size bottle. =( since then i've been looking for a new primer and now i think i've found my new go to primer. *love* they price was $13.50 at but i had a $3 OFF coupon so i paid under $10 for is which isn't bad at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by boopipoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I've purchased. I used to just use Le-Roche Posey Daily Mattifying Moisturizer which did what a primer should do (It was wonderful). Curious of primers I purchased this one. I think a pump is too much so I use 3/4 a pump. Spread evenly it had the slight effect of airbrushing. Smells like bread dough. Does what it needs to do. Haven't had breakouts or anything but I have fairly nice skin to start. And I don't use it with foundation. Usually just on it's own with some blush or with BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by romarin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a primer that would fill in my largish pores and smallish wrinkles. I have tried MANY, but none work as well as this. It's not as slippery as some, and you need to blend it FAST, but it transforms my skin into the perfect canvas for my foundation (my preferred: Armani, but this primer will help any foundation adhere better.) Nice price too (ten something at WalMart.) Everything is good about this product...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No