Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 7/20/2012 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first primer I've ever tried and overall I am very pleased! Let me give you a little background on me: my face gets very oily around the T zone, and lately I have been mixing my foundation (Revlon Colorstay) with my facial moisturizer to make the coverage less heavy for summertime. I also do apply self tanner to my face. When I first put this on, I felt so strange. With a naturally oily complexion I felt like I was putting a creamy, yet greasy lotion on my face. It definitely toned down the color of my self tanner I had put on my face (which some days can be a good thing!) Upon application, I could feel the areas of my face evening out a bit. It didn't feel greasy after it settled in for a minute, but it definitely evened and smoothed out things (especially on my nose where I have big pores) I noticed a bit smoother application when it came to applying my foundation with my foundation brush, but if I didn't cover an area of my face evenly with this primer, it definitely showed in my foundation. After I dusted with powder, my face looked so flawless and smooth, like I had just spent hours doing my makeup or that I had naturally smooth and pretty skin! Hours later my skin still looked nice and matte, except my nose did look a tad bit shiny. However, that is the oiliest part of my face and I also do swipe a bit of bronzer on it so the shimmer in that could have had something to do with that. After a long day of being in a hot car, dog kisses, and running errands, my face definitely looked more fresh than when I would have gone with out. It did have a slight sheen but wasn't anything that looked sloppy! My only complaint is I got caught in the rain tonight and wherever the rain hit my face, my foundation came off with it! I also noticed my makeup that is layered on top of this comes off much easier in the shower, which is good, because Colorstay is a pain to get off! Over all I am very pleased with this product and am sure that it will serve me well over the winter months!

on 7/15/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've tried about 3 primers before and this is def the best! i think it does a great job filling in pores and lines making foundation go on very smoothly. the only thing I don't like is that it has less than 1 fl. oz. of product for about $13.

on 7/15/2012 2:13:00 PM

A great primer for my skin. Blends really well and is very moisturising as well. Highly recommend.

I have been in the market for a new primer for quite a while now. I have tried quite a few from NYX to Hard Candy, etc. As a college student on a budget, I'm not really interested in blowing a large sum of money on primer even though I love makeup. So naturally, I started doing my research, and a lot of it. A few days ago I finally picked up this primer, as I just could not even stand to finish the remainder of my NYX primer as I hate it. And let me tell you, this product is absolutely amazing for something I purchased at Walmart... I have oily combination acne prone skin, which, as you can imagine, intensifies when I'm at work because I work in a greasy restaurant environment. When I started smoothing this onto my skin, it made it completely matte as well as incredibly soft, and my foundation went on SO smoothly. (I use Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme makeup.) After application, I just give it a few minutes to set into my skin. Even after a long night closing at work, I came home and everything was still in place. I regret waiting so long to pick this product up, and my other primer failures are either being given away to friends or put away for good. I'm so incredibly pleased with this product!

on 7/12/2012 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I heard great things about this primer after I ran out of two faced Primed & pore less which I love but it's 30$ but worth it all the same. I rarely ever use drugstore products I believe you get what you pay for ! This revlon primer went on smooth but I didn't notice I positive difference in my skin I noticed my skin breakin out like crazy my skin was tight & it almost hurt it was irritated & so was I . If you want a primer I suggest two faced primed & pore less like I said its amazing <3 happy shopping

on 7/12/2012 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really liked this primer, especially if put on alone. It instantly brightens up your face and makes it look really smooth and soft. It does helps control oil and makes your foundation last longer, but seeing as how my face isn't extremely oily I don't know what it would do for an oiler face. It is a bit expensive for a drugstore primer, but when compared to the super expensive department primers it's definitely worth it. It makes your pores look tiny and it does do everything it claims so I would suggest to buy it, especially if you are barely looking into primers and don't know where to start. The packaging is great, good pump, the only thing I would say is that if not used frequently white clumps could appear on the first squeeze.

on 7/12/2012 2:51:00 PM

I got this full size as a free trial from Revlon, I found that it gave my skin a chalky, dusty, thick appearance in return for 'photo ready' make up, it smells strange - not really obvious and gross but not great. Gives good coverage but makes my skin look gross, the day I first used it I had to cover my face in the remains of a loreal youth code primer over the top (with foundation) to hide the chalky texture because otherwise I would have been late for work!

Wouldn't buy it, expensive for what it is, gives matte, chalky skin not luminous or fresh looking. Packaging is nice - but overall wouldn't have paid for ir - and glad I didn't!

on 7/4/2012 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This was way too expensive for a drugstore product! This is a good product but it just isnt for me. It actually made me more shiny which is odd because this doesn't contain oil. This works best for dry or normal skin types and I have an oily t-zone. I kept my makeup on well though! It just couldn't control my shine. The packaging is great, the pump dispenses a good amount of primer. I love the consistency and smell of this! If your skin isn't oily TRY THIS. It's a great drugstore primer, just not for my skintype (:

on 7/3/2012 8:51:00 PM

Oh my goodness. I read the rave reviews and decided to try this out, and now I understand why everyone loves it so much. IT IS BRILLIANT! I've only ever used 1 primer before (Rimmel's one in 002, can't remember the name) but I've tried samples of L'oreal's base, Smashbox, and a few more. This one was amazing! With L'oreal's I found it to be too thick, Rimmel's peeled if i rubbed my face even a little, but not this one! Creamy, extremely blendable, fills lines reduces pores, and it makes my skin feel soooooooo soft! I would definitely compare this to Smashbox in terms of how the skin feels, and omg the way it makes my foundation look is incredible. I was turned off of primers after Rimmel, but I'm so glad I found this one. But I have to agree with a couple of previous reviewers, the price is a little high for a drugstore brand >< But, because it takes only a little to go a long way, I will definitely repurchase.

One thing to note, there is a slight scent that is kind of like a diluted version of the Colossal mascara scent (that rosy, sickly smell) but it really isn't too bad if you don't use too much. I really had to put my nose on my hand (where I swatched it) to get to the smell,and I have a pretty sensitive nose. Oh, and as a side note, you know how some makeup bottles have pumps that are hard to work? Like, you'll try so hard to press as carefully as possible but no matter what you do a huge blob comes out? Well guess what? THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN HERE! O.O and THAT is the icing on the cake lol

on 6/28/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Different primers work well with different foundation formulas. I really like this with mineral powder foundation. I don't like it under liquid foundation (at least the one I am currently using). I don't think it keeps the liquid foundation as fresh as a more heavy slicone primer. I don't like this when worn alone because I feel it makes my skin look slightly paler than it is. Still, I'm giving this 4 lippies because it works very well in conjunction with my mineral foundation. The consistancy reminds me of MUFE HD primer, only this is less money. Speaking of the price, it actually is a bit high for a drugstore product in my opinion.