April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I may or may not repurchase this product in the future. It's the only one I've found that actually mattifies my skin. It almost makes my skin too dry, but my foundation goes on smoothly over it, so its not that big of a deal.

edit: I agree with the poster below who said it created flakiness. It definitely does that to me. I still like though that it completely mattifies my skin the minute it goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this primer and the 002 as there was a buy one get one 50% off. I have been using for about a month now. No breakouts, which is good. I have worn them alone. It does smooth the skin a bit. (Thankfully I decent skin so not sure what it would do for someone with real, regular skin issues). I have used with foundation also. It does mattify the skin somewhat but I do not believe it extends the lasting power of my foundation at all. I love Revlon's pump and glass bottle to dispense out the product to limit waste. Sometimes the product cakes in the pump and when you press the pump - products squirt out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by tonkabeane

Tried this product twice (in the same day - had to redo my makeup halfway through the day) and both times, my normally super oily T-zone became oily after about four hours. Just for reference, I used this primer, lauress finishing powder, bare escentuals original foundation, and then another layer of finishing power. And I don't skimp on powder on my T-zone.

In terms to smoothing imperfections: I have really bad cystic acne (doesn't matter if I wear makeup or go au natural; I'll still get cystic acne) and this primer cannot handle smoothing out this crazy mess. I am so NOT photo-ready.

I would recommend this primer to people with less severe acne or no acne and normal to slightly oily skin. It's definitely not going to do much for people with severe acne and super oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE this primer...
Not only is it totally affordable, but it works well too! Gasps.
This applies sooo smoothly on my skin, even when I got flaky during the winter!
I didn't break out at all wearing this!
My makeup stays in place!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sureflowsheena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All in all though, it is a decent primer. It smoothed my wrinkle areas/fine lines and left a nice smooth finish. The first time I applied it I put too much on and my makeup (Colorstay) was greasy...I almost threw it out because I had never had that problem using Colorstay before even when I didn't use a primer. The second time I applied it with a lighter hand and had better success. This did make my skin have a more flawless finish. I"ve used it with my Meow Cosmetics mineral powder foundation and it worked equally well. I still need to use a finishing powder (MUFE HD Microfinish Powder) to control my oily skin, I guess I was expecting a miracle primer that would do a better job controlling oil (I have very oily skin though, 1 hr after washing my face and I look shiny). This didn't break me out :). I've tried Meow Cosmetics Primer Oily Skin (sucked as a primer but ok as a finishing powder), BE Prime Time Oil Control (awful product) and Body Shop Matte It (mediocre) and Revlon 001 is better than all of them. I am still on the seach for my HG primer but until I find it I will continue to use this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: I set this aside for a while during the winter months because it was just too mattifying for me. I've started to use it again and I've been breaking out from it, specifically around my nose, mouth and forehead. It's a shame because it does keep me matte for quite a long time but I won't sacrafice clear skin for matte skin. Will not be repurchasing.

Original: Great DS primer. I've been using a more moisturizing primer lately, but with the weather getting warmer I've noticed my skin becoming oilier sooner so I thought I'd give this little guy a go. It definately makes my skin matte-looking. When layering a matte foundation & powder over this primer, I've noticed my skin looks cakey, so it took me a few days to figure out how to use it.

I use this primer with a more dewy-finish foundation. The combination of the two provide a semi-matte finish which I've been loving lately. I still have to blot about 1-2x times a day, but I'm really liking the finish overall.

I only gave this a 4 because i find it hard to apply. I always use a brush to apply my primer & foundation, but I've noticed that I need to use a lot more primer because it just seems to disappear once I try to blend it in. But...using too much can cause pilling, so it's delicate balancing act.

Overall - wonderful primer and definately will repurchase as my DS primer option.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by chelleywhite

I've used many under makeup primers, in every price range, and this is my favourite of them all. I wish I'd tried Revlon sooner! It minimises my pores, erases the few little lines I have and my makeup stays looking fresh for longer than 12 hours. Brilliant product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does a nice job of controlling oil and filling pores, but it causes my makeup to cake up. I may need to switch powders and concealer to see if I can make this work for me. I like it, but will have to experiment more.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by QR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this primer. It made a huge difference on how my laura mercier mineral foundation and my chanel powder looked over the primer. I also liked how light and silky smooth the formulation was on. Unfortunately, I cant use it anymore because it is starting to make my face break out. Such a shame bc it worked so well and is so inexpensive. I think that it is definitly worth using if your face is not sensitive to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by lilac819

MUST READ!!! (update below)

There are a few reviews before me that mentioned that this primer does not contain silicone. So that caught my attention and I went out and bought it. I hate the feel of silicone on my face, because it feels heavy. Before I bought it, I couldn't find the ingredient label until I sat in my car. The peel-off-sticker at the bottom of the bottle has the list of ingredients on it. The FIRST ingredient is DIMETHICONE (one type of many silicones). For all you people that said, "I love this primer so much because it does NOT contain silicone, and it doesn't break me out." blah blah blah.....well SURPRISE!!! Dimethicone IS basically SILICONE. It's based off of silicone. Don't believe me? Do your research. Look up the ingredients for Smashbox Photofinish primer. See anything in common???

So obviously, these people don't know what they are talking about, and are just talking out of their @$$. Just because it isn't clear or silicone looking like the Smashbox Photofinish Primer, doesn't mean it does not contain silicone.

So to those people who are allergic to silicone, be aware! This DOES contain silicone, and to me, it doesn't look like silicone, but it does feel like it on my face and on my hands. So if you're looking for a silicone-free primer, this is not for you. I wouldn't mind using primers with dimethicone in it, but NOT as it's FIRST ingredient. And for those people that aren't knowledgeable in the label department, companies list ingredients in order of most active ingredient first, to least active ingredient. If only I wasn't in such a rush and read the label on the bottom, I would have saved myself some time and money.

Since i'm too lazy to return it, I'm going to use it and who knows I might like it. I will update my review in 2 weeks after I using it for some time.

UPDATE:
So it went back to ulta. It felt really thick on my face. I felt like i was wearing more foundation on my with this on. Foundation also tends to cling on to the primer and shows up as dry patches. I even waited for the primer to dry before putting on foundation. Also, I'm not sure but i may have broken me out. It may have been hormonal, but I'm not sure.