July 25, 2014 | 1719 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What can I say......I am pleasantly surprised. After trying a bunch of high end primers (my last straw was with Hourglass), I was disappointed time and again, but I have to say, I really like this primer! The only drawback is that this primer does contain silicones and I am worried about cosmetic acne, but so far so good and no breakouts. Easy to apply the primer and then easy to apply concealer and mineral makeup and bronzer. Makes my makeup stay on most of the day too!

Oh and a PUMP too! Big, big plus.....bravo Revlon.

EDIT: So after wearing this for awhile now, and while this is a great primer, silicone primers just don't work for me and cause me to break out a little. I will still continue to use this for special occasions (dates, night out, holidays), but I just cannot wear primers in general that contain silicone every day. Interestingly enough, however, I use Tarte TM which also contains Dimethicone and it has not broken me out at all, so who really knows why this primer broke me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by phoenix76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read the reviews here- thank you ladies- and bought this with great expectations. I am VERY glad that I did, and I do believe this may be another gamechanger from Revlon. I think that the original launch of the Photoready liquid foundation was a game changer. It may not work for everyone but it definitely leveled the playing field. I have tried lots of primers. From L'oreal, Rimmel and Revlon...to MAC prep+prime, Mary Kay and Clinique...and on and on. Some were good and some were not worth the printing on the packaging. But most importantly, there was always something lacking in these formulas. None were just right. Well here is a primer that, for me, is close to perfect. Let me just say, I live day in and day out with a t-zone courtesy of Wesson cooking oil, pores so large they are downright vulgar and a cystic kind of acne that I must wrestle to the ground or it would have my entire life in shambles. (But you would never know it to look at me because I fight it like a marine. I prefer the model-like airbrushed look. Skin be damned.) ...........The packaging is exactly identical to the Photoready liquid foundation except its a little taller. So it is sleek and modern with the benefit of a hygenic pump. BRAVO.....it comes in two shades. 001 looks white in the bottle and applies colorless. This is the shade I bought. 002 looks pink in the bottle and is a color-correcting primer and I have not tried that yet. Shade 001 has the texture of a dry lotion. It does not have the texture of weightless putty like so many primers. It spreads over the skin easily and smoothly. I use my fingertips to warm it up and I massage it over the skin for even application. I would prefer this method to using a brush with this primer. Both the feel and the finish of this are smooth and satin-matte. I apply a lightweight moisterizer-an oil-free/oil absorbing one if its moist and humid, or a botanical one with natural oils ( and still very lightweight ) if the air is dry. After this I apply the primer and my moisterizers do not interfere with the performance of this primer one bit. This primer keeps my foundation and everything else in place for the ENTIRE day. This is the deal breaker for me as most foundations, even "high-end", melt off and migrate around my face terribly. Not with this primer. It DOES give my foundation a smoother appearrance and that is a plus. I bought this and decided to RE-try the Photoready liquid foundation (Caramel). It is perfect for me...exact shade match, doesn't oxidize, realistic undertones, beautiful satin finish. It simply would not LAST and I was heartbroken. Let me just say again that I believe this primer is a GAMECHANGER. This keeps my beloved Photoready foundation in place all day whereas before I couldn't keep it on three hours and it was running away from me. This primer also keeps a lot of the T-zone oil at bay for me. I only have to powder my nose every 6-8 hours or so. (High humidity may require more frequency and i will soon see.) I find that i keep that satin finish throughout the day all over my face...as upposed to a satin face/oil spill of a T-zone. Lots of companies have made me lots of promises regarding their primers. Revlon has actually DELIVERED for me...and on the most important points: A. I need my foundation to last the ENTIRE day. B. I need it to control oil to SOME degree. I am not asking for a miracle with the oil issue ladies, but I simply canNOT continue temporarily BLINDING decent people as I approach them. This primer has not irritated my attitudinal skin, not in the least. It cost 14 dollars and I am thrilled. I have been searching for a decent primer for over a year now. Game. Set. And Match. (In the primer department.)

33 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this primer! I used it after my moisturizer and before foundation. Loved the way it made my skin look. It gave me a beautiful matte finish and my makeup went on better over this. I would also use this on its own with no makeup. Love the pump bottle, and a little goes a long way with this. I got it for around $10 at Ulta (with a coupon) and would definitely repurchase. Give it a try :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by zamaa

This stuff is great, it makes my skin look like porcelain and feels like silk when you're putting it on. I have very oily skin and this makes me instantly matte and gives me a good 5-6hrs of no shine. I don't use foundation, just powder so not really sure how it works on keeping foundation on. I love this stuff and will keep using it as long as they make it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by ctat07

smoothed out my skin better than my smashbox photo finish light, mattfied decently , pretty inexpensive for a primer but it had a weird fragrence, almost like beer, didnt like it. after a few hours my face was a bit shiny but it was actually sticky which i dont like but its better than a pool of oil. maybe i need to try a different setting powder over this primer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate when products work wonders but do bad things to my skin. This REALLY evens out my tone. I was shocked when I applied it the first time - it was my skin, but Photoshopped. That's what they should call this - Photoshop in a bottle. I'm very lucky to have pretty good skin, but it can use just a little help. This was the right amount of help. But after two days - I started breaking out. Damn! If you can get away with it, I'd say use this. It makes your skin look wonderful. It won't work for me, so I'll have it up for swap once I get my swap shop set up. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I may or may not repurchase this product in the future. It's the only one I've found that actually mattifies my skin. It almost makes my skin too dry, but my foundation goes on smoothly over it, so its not that big of a deal.

edit: I agree with the poster below who said it created flakiness. It definitely does that to me. I still like though that it completely mattifies my skin the minute it goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this primer and the 002 as there was a buy one get one 50% off. I have been using for about a month now. No breakouts, which is good. I have worn them alone. It does smooth the skin a bit. (Thankfully I decent skin so not sure what it would do for someone with real, regular skin issues). I have used with foundation also. It does mattify the skin somewhat but I do not believe it extends the lasting power of my foundation at all. I love Revlon's pump and glass bottle to dispense out the product to limit waste. Sometimes the product cakes in the pump and when you press the pump - products squirt out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by tonkabeane

Tried this product twice (in the same day - had to redo my makeup halfway through the day) and both times, my normally super oily T-zone became oily after about four hours. Just for reference, I used this primer, lauress finishing powder, bare escentuals original foundation, and then another layer of finishing power. And I don't skimp on powder on my T-zone.

In terms to smoothing imperfections: I have really bad cystic acne (doesn't matter if I wear makeup or go au natural; I'll still get cystic acne) and this primer cannot handle smoothing out this crazy mess. I am so NOT photo-ready.

I would recommend this primer to people with less severe acne or no acne and normal to slightly oily skin. It's definitely not going to do much for people with severe acne and super oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE this primer...
Not only is it totally affordable, but it works well too! Gasps.
This applies sooo smoothly on my skin, even when I got flaky during the winter!
I didn't break out at all wearing this!
My makeup stays in place!