September 19, 2014 | 1577 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by marchigiano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the first and only BB cream I have tried. I know this is not a "true" BB cream, but I really loved everything about it.

-An SPF of 35 made it my go to any day I was going to be out in the sun this summer.
-It's shade range is small, but the fair matches really well, and seems to be quite neutral rather than pink or yellow which is really nice.
-It helped to control oil on my nose which seems to be my biggest problem this summer.
-It evens out redness and discolouration really well. I would say this definitely has a light coverage, maybe even buildable to medium.

The only time I ever had an issue with this is when I tried it in winter and it caused my dry skin to peel. Hasn't been an issue in these warmer months. Also, does not wear well with a primer underneath..seems to pill/separate.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Emawleebby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This isn't a bad product, i thought i would give it a go, because i wanted to buy BB cream. Not to try, but a BB cream that was made by someone other then Asians. If anyone has tried Dr.Jart or Skin 79, then you will not want to settle for this item. This is basically just a tinted moisturizer, whereas REAL BB creams do more then tint your face.

How it feels on my skin?
I have dry to normal skin, this product will feel a bit dry if you have normal skin. It feels and looks very matte.

For $50 i would rather by a legit BB cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

It's hard to write this review because I like Smashbox BB Cream; however, I'm not excited about it. It just doesn't excel at the things it claims. I tried on about every TM and BB in Ulta and this was one of two brands with a color where the "Fair" shade was light enough and not at all orange-y. The coverage is great, it just evens out my skin tone without providing any major coverage. It has a dewy finish that gets more matte just a minute or so after application. It doesn't completely disappear, even though I was just out with my dog for 15 minutes in 100 degree heat, but the coverage was definitely diminished. Smashbox claims that it controls oil, but my t-zone is still oily a couple of hours later, even on cooler days and even with powder. The price is right for HE bb cream; but it actually costs more per ounce (1 oz.) than other brands (with 1.4-1.7 oz for the same price). So although I'll quite happily use it on lazy days and probably buy it again because nothing else I've tried has met my needs. I think I will try Boscia's BB cream now that you get 1.75 ounces rather than the dinky 0.5 tube they had before.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I'm Asian w yellow undertones, light to medium, nc30. Tried Clinique BB cream first but the color was off. Then I tried smashbox in light and medium. Coverage was good but I was in between these two shades and like Cinique, it has a greyish cast to it.
Tried the Bobbi Brown BB cream next and I love it! Great coverage, no grey tomes and long wearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by allens2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried a sample in light and works perfectly. Love how it looks, not matte/flat like true foundations. I am a fan of Laura Mercier TM in nude but like this just as much and it has increased SPF. I wears well throughout the day. Only thing is it doesn't work as well under the eyes as the TM since it is a thicker product. I'm not a fan of using under eye concealer, I like one product to do everything. Overall it's a great all in one product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by lauralampkin

A friend of mine recommended this to me. I had been using Laura Mercier's oil free TM since forever, but was curious about the whole BB thing. I bought it and I'm sold. My skin is fairly reddish first thing in the morning, but after putting this on, I'm all even and pretty. I'm pretty sensitive, and it hasn't made me break out at ALL, and I would say it's improved the texture and tone of my skin over the last few months that I used it. It lasts pretty well too. I don't have a sedentary job, and I find it holds up extremely well to all the running around I do all day. Will be buying new when my current stash runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by superkatieboots

If you're used to the Korean bb creams, this is crap :) Just another tinted moisturizer type product that is too common with American bb creams. If that's what you're looking for however, you might like this. It did nothing for me. Back to my Lioele!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this about a week ago upon the suggestion of a friend who has senitive skin and rosacea.
My skin is BEYOND oily and this seems to stay put even with humid Canadian weather.
I like this because there were many shades to choose from. I bought the "fair" and it matches my skin perfectly.
Tried it in daylight and it looks very natural. So far my only complaint is the price, at $50 CDN, for 1 oz, its pricey, but nice for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Sween76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! It is perfect just to throw on and go. It evens out my skin beautifully. It doesn`t even feel like you have anything on your face. If I feel like I want more coverage I just put a little powder on top.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't attest to the skin-perfecting benefits since I just started using it, but I'm really enjoying it. I have oily, acneic skin that really gives me the bizness in the summer with increased oiliness and breakouts. I have to step up my skincare for sure, yet the last thing I want to do in the sweltering summer heat is put on more makeup. So, my curiosity with BB creams began. It has been said that the Asian BB creams are superior for their skin-perfecting benefits, but I have yet to find one online that is recommended for darker skintones. They rarely, if ever, come in anything other than fair shades. So, for now, the US versions will have to suffice.

I like Smashbox's version because for a whole entire face, I use a little less than pea size. It looks like a full-coverage job because my spots are almost completely concealed! I use the color dark (MAC NC45/Revlon Caramel) and it blends into my skin perfectly. Moreover, this BB cream is definitely for oilier skins because it absorbs oil unlike anything else I've tried that is supposedly geared for oily skin. My skin looks perfect after 5 hours without 1 blot, and that is not normally my life.

My process: With my pea size amount, I dot my forehead, chin and both cheeks, and apply with my fingers in a smoothing fashion. At this point, I waste about 5 minutes admiring how evened out my complexion looks. Next, I may or may not apply undereye concealer. Lastly, I dust on BareMinerals Tinted Mineral Veil. Or, when I want more coverage, I will apply a light layer of foundation over it, then the mineral veil. Wow, it still looks like skin!

I hope to update with how it has improved my skin with hopefully nothing negative to say because I am pleased thus far. The price prevented me from buying sooner though because for $38, all you get is 1 oz. However, it seems like it's going to last a long time since I use so little.

UPDATE: This is now going to be a permanent part of my makeup routine because it is so versatile. I can use it alone after my skincare with just a light dust of powder to set. Or, I can use it as a primer underneath a full coverage foundation job. I didn't expect it to benefit my skin, since the USA versions are known to be just tinted moisturizers. However, my skin does improve with use. How you may ask? The sunscreen allows any areas of hyperpigmentation to tone and clear faster. I'm really glad I took the plunge. By the way, I am still using the same tube since I first wrote this review a year later.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No