November 24, 2014 | 990 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by koen0126

This is my first try with a BB cream. I went to sephora after researching a bunch of the brands on this site and others and tried a bunch of them on the back of my hand. Most of them were way too light and I don't consider myself super tan or anything. I liked that smashbox offered their BB creams in multiple shades so when I lose color in the winter I can go lighter. I have actually seen improvement in my skin since first using this product a week or two ago. I recomend this to everyone I meet!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by xoxomakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Meh, nothing special. Pretty average and comparable to other brands. Promises to do so much, however on my skin it acted like a typical TM.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by suchaclassylady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does what it says. It blends well with my skin. It gives a good amount of coverage...but it's so darn expensive for what you get. You don't have to use a lot of this stuff. A drop of cream and apply with a stippling brush gives enough coverage for me. I do have to touch up especially noticeable blemishes with concealer. I would buy it again, but I'll keep an eye out for dups.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Ardybobardy

Great for those days when you just have to nip down to the shop, but don't want to look like the walking dead. I mostly use this atop a primer and below my foundation, your skin will look flawless. The 'light' is perfect me. This BB cream is a staple in my routine, and great for midday touch ups.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by metshelli

Not a fan! I bought this in hope that it would help with my redness and pores that are getting more noticeable as I get older, but no such luck. In fact, it didn't help my redness or pores in anyway and I felt that it made my pores even more noticeable! It ended up looking chalky after several hours (even with foundation over it!); I tried it with and without. The worst part for me is that I was caught in the heat on an occasion and started sweating...you could actually see the BB cream rolling off my face. YUCK! The only thing I did like is the high SPF the product offers. I've tried various BB creams now and have yet to find one that truly helps the redness and pores; disappointing after all the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by atroquinine

I've never tried any Smashbox products before, and even though this has no real anti-aging properties, nor will it fade imperfections like an asian bb cream, I was looking for something a lot lighter than foundation but would still offer some coverage and maybe control oil. I paid about forty bucks for this, and it's a really small container (1 fluid oz).

The good news is I pretty much got what I wanted. I got it in the lightest shade. It's a pretty neutral color which is great for skin as fair as mine. I really liked the texture, it's very velvety smooth. A little goes a long way so I can almost forgive the bottle for being so tiny. I'd definitely consider buying this again if there was a larger bottle available and also if it was a bit more moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by marchigiano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the first and only BB cream I have tried. I know this is not a "true" BB cream, but I really loved everything about it.

-An SPF of 35 made it my go to any day I was going to be out in the sun this summer.
-It's shade range is small, but the fair matches really well, and seems to be quite neutral rather than pink or yellow which is really nice.
-It helped to control oil on my nose which seems to be my biggest problem this summer.
-It evens out redness and discolouration really well. I would say this definitely has a light coverage, maybe even buildable to medium.

The only time I ever had an issue with this is when I tried it in winter and it caused my dry skin to peel. Hasn't been an issue in these warmer months. Also, does not wear well with a primer underneath..seems to pill/separate.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Emawleebby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This isn't a bad product, i thought i would give it a go, because i wanted to buy BB cream. Not to try, but a BB cream that was made by someone other then Asians. If anyone has tried Dr.Jart or Skin 79, then you will not want to settle for this item. This is basically just a tinted moisturizer, whereas REAL BB creams do more then tint your face.

How it feels on my skin?
I have dry to normal skin, this product will feel a bit dry if you have normal skin. It feels and looks very matte.

For $50 i would rather by a legit BB cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

It's hard to write this review because I like Smashbox BB Cream; however, I'm not excited about it. It just doesn't excel at the things it claims. I tried on about every TM and BB in Ulta and this was one of two brands with a color where the "Fair" shade was light enough and not at all orange-y. The coverage is great, it just evens out my skin tone without providing any major coverage. It has a dewy finish that gets more matte just a minute or so after application. It doesn't completely disappear, even though I was just out with my dog for 15 minutes in 100 degree heat, but the coverage was definitely diminished. Smashbox claims that it controls oil, but my t-zone is still oily a couple of hours later, even on cooler days and even with powder. The price is right for HE bb cream; but it actually costs more per ounce (1 oz.) than other brands (with 1.4-1.7 oz for the same price). So although I'll quite happily use it on lazy days and probably buy it again because nothing else I've tried has met my needs. I think I will try Boscia's BB cream now that you get 1.75 ounces rather than the dinky 0.5 tube they had before.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I'm Asian w yellow undertones, light to medium, nc30. Tried Clinique BB cream first but the color was off. Then I tried smashbox in light and medium. Coverage was good but I was in between these two shades and like Cinique, it has a greyish cast to it.
Tried the Bobbi Brown BB cream next and I love it! Great coverage, no grey tomes and long wearing.