Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

on 8/22/2012 5:14:00 PM

I'm really disappointed in this product. . . It's the first cream blush I've ever tried as well. The texture feels really weird. . It broke me out and It only lasted maybe 4 hours? :\ The packaging was really simple and I've dropped it a few times and it broke. I paid $10 for crap.. Not satisfied at all Maybelline! :c

Pros:
-You can use you're hands

Cons:
-Small amount for the price you pay!
-Breaks me out
-Not long lasting

So do not waste you're money on this crap. c:

on 8/21/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Waste of time, space, and money. 'Nuff said.

on 8/21/2012 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is a great dupe for some of those expensive high end cream blushers. I got hot tamale and apply it with a stippling brush on my cheekbones and a little on my nose and forehead (spots where the sun would hit first) just to add a little more natural color to my not yet tan skin, and it looks really good. since it isn't a powder it doesn't appear cakey on the skin, it just looks like your skin's natural hint of color. I love it.

on 8/21/2012 8:56:00 PM

I did not like product. I have fair skin, and I got the rose petal. I applied it many times, and I saw nothing. I would NOT recommend this product to anyone

on 8/21/2012 8:28:00 PM

Ugh this stuff sucks, it costed 7$ and it always spreads all around the pan and doesn't blend and applies much better with a brush. Its terrible don't buy it.

on 8/21/2012 8:21:00 PM

This is just unremarkable cheap drug store blush. Not very pigmented, so you'll have a hard time getting anything but a really dramatic bright color to even show up. I'll be taking this one back

on 8/20/2012 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

UPDATE: So mine broke horribly, even though I was VERY careful with it. Taking off a lippie for crappy packaging.
************
Overall Rating: 3.9/5
I know 3.9/5 sounds a little silly. Why not just a 4/5? Well, I only give 4's to products that are some-what exceptional. This is a bit more than just "decent", but nothing special. I bought this in "Peach Satin", which is a bit more pink than I was hoping for it to be. Maybe I should purchase Candy Coral next time?

The whole "bouncy" thing is just a gimmick. This does NOT bounce back when you press down on it, and it will eventually just turn into flattened play-dough if you press too hard. What I do is SWIRL my fingers around the product, I never press. I feel I get the most pigmentation that way.

I make a bunch of dots on my cheeks with this, then once I build it up to the desired pigmentation, I blend it in. I agree with everyone that the pigmentation is pretty low, HOWEVER, I don't think it was made to be that concentrated anyway.

This doesn't work on top of all foundations. This will look HORRIBLE on matte foundations, powder foundation, ect. This works best with more dewy/satin foundations (example: CG Natureluxe).

I will definitely purchase some other colors, because I like the natural, subtle flush of color it gives my skin :)

on 8/18/2012 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have this blush in Pink Frosting, and I think it's absolutely wonderful. It's pretty sheer, and its looks extremely natural. It looks great on my fair skin. And when I first heard of it, I didn't really understand the whole bouncy thing, but it really is very smooth, light, and...bouncy. I would definitely recommend it :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The concept is a bit bizarre, why would you want your blush to bounce? Either way, it was fun to play with, but entertaining was it's only well feature. The colors I swatched on my hands were very cool toned, not very suitable for my skin tone, so i ended up returning them. In addition, it settled into fine lines, and it's very hard to actually apply... I applied with my fingers, and it blended well, but the product ended up crumbling off and "bouncing" all around the packaging. So far not so excited about the Dream line.I will always swear by their mascaras, however, anything else will require in-store testing for me!

on 8/13/2012 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been wanting one of these for a while, and I got one today on sale at Rite Aid. I got the color Pink Plum. I love the consistency and how compact the packaging is. I applied it first with my fingers, then directly from the package to my face. It is very sheer and took a few layers to show, but gives a healthy flush to my face. I wish it showed a little bit more though. I would buy again, but in a darker color such as Pink Frosting.

Popular Blush Products