November 28, 2014 | 881 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in Plush Plum. This is the darkest color in the range, and definitely has color to it. I probably would have purchased a lighter color if I hadn't seen how sheer the swatches are first. Plush Plum gives my lips a really flattering and subtle plummy shade with a hint of shimmer. I'm not at all a bold lipstick wearer, so this was just the right product for me. It is very similar in consistency to the Boots sheer lipsticks, which I love.

I've tried a bunch of the Revlon lip butters (Pink Truffle, Tutti Frutti, Raspberry Pie and Cherry Tart) and they were oddly TOO pigmented for me! They were also quite drying and turned strange colors on my lips - most Revlon lip products do that to me. Though the products are similar and seem to compete, I think they're aiming for distinctly different markets. The L'Oreal is the more sheer, everyday product, while the Revlon is the bold, bright, colorful product. There is room for both! :)

The packaging is so pretty ... except for the stupid little L'Oreal tab that all their lipsticks have. Very minor annoyance. I like the gold tone and sheer cap, and the thinness of the tube. Specifically compared to the Revlon product, I find it easier to open the L'Oreal because the base is deeper. The Revlon base is very shallow, and I have a hard time gripping it tightly enough without also gripping the cap.

Oh! and the smell. It had a very light whiff of that typical L'Oreal lipstick scent when I first got it. After a few days and more use, a very nice, extremely subtle vanilla smell came out. That sure surprised me, because I once left a regular L'Oreal lipstick out without a cap for 4 days and it still stank!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by kuchens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in Heavenly Berry (318) and Rose Elixir (218). I went back and forth between this and the Revlon lip butter. I decided on the Loreal Colour Riche Balm because it was a bit cheaper and had Argan Oil and Shea Butter in it. I had hoped the SPF 15 would not give a strong scent or taste, but the scent was too much for me.

My second complaint is that the color was way too sheer. Neither showed up on my lips. I bought two shades in case Rose Elixir did not show up, in hopes that Heavenly Berry would show up.

The texture is okay. I don't feel like it does anything to improve the condition of my lips, but instead acts as a sort of creamy mask. The positive, it did not enhance any flaws my lips had (like dry spots or flakiness).

I'm going to try Revlon lip butters. If those do not work for me I'll go back to wearing chap stick/lip balm under my MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by BluePlastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Plush Plum, which I think might be the deepest shade in this line. I had heard that the color payoff with these was not as much as the Revlon lip butters, so I went with the darkest color they had. Plush Plum definitely has color payoff. It's not opaque or super crazy or anything like that, but it *definitely* shows up against my pale coloring. It shows up more than I was expecting, and I think it's really pretty.

I appreciate that these have SPF 15, which the Revlon lip butters do not. I have not noticed a smell or taste. Plush Plum does not seem to have any shimmer in it.

The consistency is smooth and thin but not watery. Nothing sticky. The balm seems to adhere to my lips pretty well, I'd say lasting a couple of hours without eating/drinking. My lips feel relatively moisturized during wear and still look and feel soft for quite a while after the product wears off.

I said I would buy again because I like it and want to try one or two other colors. I took one lippie off because nothing is perfect and I have a small gripe about the packaging - it looks nice but you have to put the cap back on in a certain direction to fit like a puzzle piece with the other half. Small, small gripe.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by HeCallsMeGorgeous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Caring Coral. Very sheer with not a ton of pigment or color payoff however it feels great on my lips - quite moisturizing. Best with a neutral lip liner to give it a bit of YLBB pizzaz!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not sure I'd repurchase these simply because I have so many lip products, but I said "yes" for the sake of the review rating. In other words, I don't regret the purchase and feel they're worth a shot. I purchased Caring Coral, which looks like a peachy-coral shade in the tube but just barely shows up on my lips. I wasn't expecting much color, as I knew these were tinted balms, not full-color lipsticks, but I was expecting a bit more pigmentation. However, if you want just the slightest hint of color, than these are a good option. Feels nice going on, has a slight scent that fades quickly (sort of a sweet smell). They do taste like sunscreen, and for me personally, it's unavoidable to get a bit of that flavor from time to time, even when I'm being careful not to lick my lips. Lasting power is pretty poor. I feel like even without eating or drinking, I need to reapply after about an hour. As a result, I see this product being used up pretty quickly--and I haven't even used it all day, every day. I don't notice that they dry my lips, but they're not super moisturizing--about average for a lip balm. More for maintaining lips than treating very dry lips. I like that the lid clicks solidly but isn't hard to remove. (The style of Revlon's Lip Butters are horrible as far as removing the cap goes--for me, anyway.) The shade of the lid helps you recognize the colors if you have multiples, but it also looks a bit cheap. Grab one or two if you're curious.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by neezy

Saw this on sale so i bought it in "caramel comfort" which is a nice nude peachy color, i loved the packaging so i figured why not. when i swatched it on my hand before purchasing, it wasn't the most moisturizing or shiny but i liked the color. when i tried it on, the smell and taste was horibble. its pretty overpowering, so much so that im going to return it. overall i wouldnt re purschase, or keep for that matter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by pmonga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On their own, I really like this product.

They are NOTHING like the Revlon Lip Butters. I own 5 of those, and all are very pigmented and buttery soft. These are buttery soft without the pigmentation, and way more glossy. It makes my lips look and feel more plumped up.

I own the colors Caring Coral, Heavenly Berry, and Caramel Comfort. They have the sheerest color tint, but lots of gloss, softness, and moisture. I use this product on no-makeup days, as it puts the tiniest hint of color on my lips. I would also use it when I'm wearing heavy face/eye makeup and want a very natural and light, glossy lip. Also, I frequently travel and often can't be bothered to do a full lip liner, lipstick, and gloss routine on-the-go, as it's an inconvenience to pull out a mirror! Even with the Revlon Lip Butters, because they have such a strong color pay-off, I'd want to use a mirror to make sure I'm not smearing color all over my face. These are fool-proof on the go...as in, you won't be smearing color on your lipline, face, teeth etc. I really like that! I can imagine myself enjoying using these while on vacation later this year, particularly in a beachy place, as these have SPF and would be perfect to put on by the pool/beach and not look like you're trying too hard/putting in too much effort to do your lipstick routine.

I would purchase again, but only the Plum color, as I hear that is the most pigmented of all of the balms.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I bought the nude, coral and rose versions of this product. Its not a perfect product but I find myself reaching for them daily. The drawbacks are that there is some color but it is very sheer. I can notice a slight difference between the shades when I wear them but they just tint the natural color of my lips. They also doesn't last long and I don't notice much moisturizing. I got chapped lips wearing this product daily. That said, I love the slight color these impart. For my skin tone at least they are very flattering and there is no glitter or pearl sheen to them. A nice bit of natural looking color and sheen. They are sheer enough that I can use them without a mirror. They don't dry my lips out and it feels nice on. Cute package too. I think of these as a lip gloss without the goop and stickiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by kittensandbows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this in 118 Pink Satin on a drugstore run this morning. I really like it! I always wanted to do a bubblegum pink lip, but it's just not for me. This gives me the satisfaction of buying a *very* pink looking lip product, but it goes on nice and sheer. It looks garish in the tube but on my (naturally fairly pigmented) lips it shows up as a hint of a playful pink. I like the tube it comes in as well, it's cute, and it was loose in my purse all day and the lid did not come off. It has a mild lipstick-y smell and no taste.

I just LOVE tinted balms. I don't like glosses very much these days, so I do a tinted balm instead. I like that they're low maintenance and I can re-apply without a mirror. Needless to say, I've tried many. This one is fairly impressive! The color lasts for a decent bit and it feels pretty good on, but the texture is a bit greasy. It's not sticky

My only qualm is, this does not measure up as a lip treatment. You won't be throwing away your Aquaphor/Carmex/Rosebud Salve/etc. for this one anytime soon. It will keep your lips soft and won't dry them, but if they're already chapped and flaky this will look a hot mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by lucjas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i was interested in these when i saw them because the colours were a little more natural than the revlon lip butters that i have. thought i would like the revlon lip butters, but they were too much colour, were drying my lips out and would emphasize chapped lips. i instantly loved them when i put them on my lips. i love that they are more sheer because its so much easier for everyday wear. i don't like to wear gloss all the time, but chapstick is too boring. this is right in-between and perfect! super moisturizing, good packaging and really pretty for just a day at school or night time for a party. plus it has spf! definitely re-purchasing!