July 28, 2014 | 2197 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by neezy

Saw this on sale so i bought it in "caramel comfort" which is a nice nude peachy color, i loved the packaging so i figured why not. when i swatched it on my hand before purchasing, it wasn't the most moisturizing or shiny but i liked the color. when i tried it on, the smell and taste was horibble. its pretty overpowering, so much so that im going to return it. overall i wouldnt re purschase, or keep for that matter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by pmonga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On their own, I really like this product.

They are NOTHING like the Revlon Lip Butters. I own 5 of those, and all are very pigmented and buttery soft. These are buttery soft without the pigmentation, and way more glossy. It makes my lips look and feel more plumped up.

I own the colors Caring Coral, Heavenly Berry, and Caramel Comfort. They have the sheerest color tint, but lots of gloss, softness, and moisture. I use this product on no-makeup days, as it puts the tiniest hint of color on my lips. I would also use it when I'm wearing heavy face/eye makeup and want a very natural and light, glossy lip. Also, I frequently travel and often can't be bothered to do a full lip liner, lipstick, and gloss routine on-the-go, as it's an inconvenience to pull out a mirror! Even with the Revlon Lip Butters, because they have such a strong color pay-off, I'd want to use a mirror to make sure I'm not smearing color all over my face. These are fool-proof on the go...as in, you won't be smearing color on your lipline, face, teeth etc. I really like that! I can imagine myself enjoying using these while on vacation later this year, particularly in a beachy place, as these have SPF and would be perfect to put on by the pool/beach and not look like you're trying too hard/putting in too much effort to do your lipstick routine.

I would purchase again, but only the Plum color, as I hear that is the most pigmented of all of the balms.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

I bought the nude, coral and rose versions of this product. Its not a perfect product but I find myself reaching for them daily. The drawbacks are that there is some color but it is very sheer. I can notice a slight difference between the shades when I wear them but they just tint the natural color of my lips. They also doesn't last long and I don't notice much moisturizing. I got chapped lips wearing this product daily. That said, I love the slight color these impart. For my skin tone at least they are very flattering and there is no glitter or pearl sheen to them. A nice bit of natural looking color and sheen. They are sheer enough that I can use them without a mirror. They don't dry my lips out and it feels nice on. Cute package too. I think of these as a lip gloss without the goop and stickiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by kittensandbows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this in 118 Pink Satin on a drugstore run this morning. I really like it! I always wanted to do a bubblegum pink lip, but it's just not for me. This gives me the satisfaction of buying a *very* pink looking lip product, but it goes on nice and sheer. It looks garish in the tube but on my (naturally fairly pigmented) lips it shows up as a hint of a playful pink. I like the tube it comes in as well, it's cute, and it was loose in my purse all day and the lid did not come off. It has a mild lipstick-y smell and no taste.

I just LOVE tinted balms. I don't like glosses very much these days, so I do a tinted balm instead. I like that they're low maintenance and I can re-apply without a mirror. Needless to say, I've tried many. This one is fairly impressive! The color lasts for a decent bit and it feels pretty good on, but the texture is a bit greasy. It's not sticky

My only qualm is, this does not measure up as a lip treatment. You won't be throwing away your Aquaphor/Carmex/Rosebud Salve/etc. for this one anytime soon. It will keep your lips soft and won't dry them, but if they're already chapped and flaky this will look a hot mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by lucjas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i was interested in these when i saw them because the colours were a little more natural than the revlon lip butters that i have. thought i would like the revlon lip butters, but they were too much colour, were drying my lips out and would emphasize chapped lips. i instantly loved them when i put them on my lips. i love that they are more sheer because its so much easier for everyday wear. i don't like to wear gloss all the time, but chapstick is too boring. this is right in-between and perfect! super moisturizing, good packaging and really pretty for just a day at school or night time for a party. plus it has spf! definitely re-purchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Dractylcat

The color goes on way too sheer. I thought at first it was just nearly the same color as my lips, but I put it on the back of my hand and it left no color what so ever.

Thinking it might be good to just wear for the moisture I wore it anyway, but it lasted 15 minutes at best. I even went out of my way to not touch my lips and drink from a straw.

It's such a slippery texture, it does not work well over other lip products and cannot be layered. I definitely won't be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have these in Rose Elixir and Tender Mauve. I'm also expecting Nourishing Nude soon in the mail. Thus far, I'm really liking these. These are nothing like the Revlon Lip Butters in my opinion. Also in my opinion, this is a good thing! I didn't like the gunky mess that I found the Lip Butters to offer. I actually found them drying, and the weird opaque color was just not attractive on me at all (despite trying a few diff colors). The Loreal balms are moisturizing, and the color is very sheer. However, I do note a difference between the two colors I have in terms of texture. Rose Elixir does not have shimmer, and has a very sheer creamy slick feeling - which feels really moisturizing and nice. Tender Mauve has some subtle shimmer, but it seems to change the texture of the balm - it is more tacky and sticky, and not nearly as slick and moisturizing as the Rose Elixir. The Tender Mauve almost looks like a more balmy sheer version of MAC VGV. I like these and the sheer color they offer. For the price - these are nice little tinted balms! EDIT: Nourishing Nude is my new fave MLBB color. This is really a perfect color for my lips, and I really like the feel of these balms.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ktassop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This balm is very lightweight. The color is sheer. Nice packaging. Not sure if it moisturizes, I don't notice any difference. It stays on my lips for about an hour. Need a balm with a little more staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in 318 Heavenly Berry. It's a sheer, cool-toned, berry pink. Very little color payoff, just a hint, which is nice sometimes. Very moisturizing texture. Overall I really like it and would purchase other colors too. Love the cute packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have Nourishing Nude and it turns out glossy clear. Great as a natural low shine gloss. I love it and its super moisturizing.