L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up in heavenly berry. It goes on very sheer and glossy, and takes 3+ swipes over my VERY unpigmented lips to show up as a sheer pink. The texture is smooth, and moderately moisturizing. I like that it's something I can just swipe on without a mirror and don't have to worry about looking too made-up. Plus the SPF is nice. I would recommend this for ladies with very light natural lip color who want something subtle that won't dry their lips out. I might pick this up again in a deeper color. For more pigmented tinted lip balms I'll be sticking with Neutrogena.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this in Heavenly Berry. It isn't very pigmented, the color barely shows up- even if I add a couple of layers. The last balm-type product I tried was Maybelline's BabyLips and that is a lot more pigmented, but I like L'Oreal's packaging a lot more. The tip is slanted like a lipstick but the width of the product is a bit slimmer than a regular lipstick. The moisturizing quality isn't anything special, if you have chapped lips I'd stick with Nivea or Chapstick. It has a lovely smell and a kinda waxy unpleasant taste. Overall this is an okay product, but at around $8.50 I wasn't impressed.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like these. Lor'eal obviously was trying to copy revlon with the extremely popular lip butters- and frankly I am quite impressed. I have tried a few of the revlon lip butters and I do like them. But there are so great because they range from sheer to more opaque. My favorite is "Nourishing Nude". Its pretty much a creamy sheer pinky nude. Unlike the Revlon lip butters the formula is not 50% quality 50% color. Its more like 75% quality 25% color. Lor'eal are making a tinted lip balm- not a lipstick. So it's really preference. Plus the price is ridiculous! $7.99 is just not cool for a tinted lip balm.
Please Rate ! E>

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I guess since Revlon's new line of lip butters were doing so well, L'Oreal felt the need to jump on the bandwagon and produce a similar competing product. Since I own 6 of the Revlon and love them so much, I felt compelled to also try out one of the L'Oreal, which I recently picked up in a pinkish-coral shade (I forget the exact shade name).

I love the Revlon lip butters because they manage to be both extremely tinted and extremely moisturizing, at least for me. (Some of the lighter colors, obviously, are less tinted. But the darker colors, such as Red Velvet, are generally extremely vibrant and concentrated.) By comparison, I'm disappointed with my new tube of Colour Riche Balm because I feel that the color payoff is too slight; what it looks like in the tube, and what it looks like on my lips are two entirely different things. Maybe I need to try a different, or darker, color. But so far I'm not impressed. On the other hand, this may be a plus for those who felt that some of the Revlon Lip Butters were too dark. So it's all a matter of preference.

Also, I can also still smell the trademark L'Oreal lipstick odor in these - the same odor that keeps me from buying their traditional lipsticks - although it's not quite as bad as usual, and it's partially hidden by a fruity, sweet smell.

As far as being moisturizing, however, I have no complaints. I can't speak on this with any authority as I don't have dry lips, but I feel that this product performs adequately to protect your lips from exposure and chapping, even after it has worn off slightly.

I gave this product a 3, since I feel no urge to repurchase and frankly am quite happy with my stack of Revlon Lip Butters and will be sticking with those. I can see that someone looking for something more along the lines of a tinted lip balm would probably be more impressed with the L'Oreal. But the way I see it, tinted lip balms are everywhere, therefore what makes the Revlon lip butters so unique is that they are basically a lipstick /and/ a lip balm, with all the qualities of both and none of the disadvantages. By comparison, because of the lack of color payoff, I would place L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm farther towards the lip balm end of the spectrum. Not a fail by any means, but not that great either, just somewhere in the middle...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The formula of this product gives subtle color leaving you with a soft,smooth and shiny lip. My lips feel moisturized, and look natural. I can tell you my lips were chapped earlier today, and tonight they feel hydrated. The spf is a huge bonus in my book, and the packaging is sleek and functional. Can't wait to buy more in this line!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have these now in 5 different colors and I love them. In comparison to Revlon Lip Butters I feel these are more moisturizing, more sheer and don't taste/smell funny. My lips are always chapped and these are nice to have and re-apply as needed. I feel that even though they don't provide as much color as the Revlon Lip Butters they do give my lips a more glossy appearance which I like.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like these products. However, it is what they are called, a BALM. Don't expect much color payoff, but do expect a good amount of moisture. I really love the Heavenly Berry color although I have a few others I have yet to try them. They are very sheer though, so for someone like me who enjoys lipsticks, I prefer the Revlon lip butters for that. But on an average day I love these. I also enjoy the packaging better than the lip butters just because they are easier to open, and the scent is very sweet like. Overall its a very nice moisturizing balm with a subtle hint of color.

I bought the mauve, nude, and a berry one or maybe it was plum. I love all there. They have great color for a balm. Very moisturizing too.I have been layering mine over lip liners so they last a while on me.

I'm on the fence about this. I bought it in "tender mauve". Gives my lips a ton of shine but hardly any color. Maybe a hint of pink but nothing to write home about. I think I may like Maybelline baby lips and Revlon balms better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

These are better than Revlon Lip Butters by a long shot. I bought the Lip Butters before these hit the drugstores and I wrote a good review on them...that was before I tried these.

The L'Oreal Balms are much more moisturizing than the Lip Butters. The L'Oreal Balms have a pretty, sheer coverage and leave my lips feeling very soft. They last 1-2 hours before I have to reapply but I am a lip gloss lipstick fanatic. I reapply anything I am wearing to my lips all day long. I just hate to have bare lips.

If I were to recommend one over the other, I would say to buy the L'Oreal Balms.

For some reason I tend to stay away from L'Oreal lips products. I think the putrid smell of the lipsticks is what puts me off. These Balms don't have that smell and are a five star product!