December 20, 2014 | 1517 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh...I thought this would match my lips. Kind of disappointed...I can do looks with it, but it's not what I was looking for. It makes a nice pink nude, but that's it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by AROMAA

very nice color and texture..and it last a reasonable time.. for the price, it's a nice deal

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I always grab shades similar to this when trying a new lippie. They are "safe" and almost the same as my lips. This does lean slightly to the browner side and is very lovely on. If you are looking to try a butter and want a mlbb shade this one is worth a try since I think it will flatter most complexions.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Rubijule

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am okay with this lip butter. I just am going to have to use the cliqued saying "It looks like my lips but better!" True, it's a brown nude, but it is amaingly flattering on my skin tone. Like all of the lip butters, it is extremely buttery and the lasting power sucks terribly.
The packaging is cute. It moisturizes well. That is all I have to say. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the lip butters...great product for the price. Pink Truffle was a bit of a disappointment, as I was hoping for a meduim brownish pink, like it looks in the tube. However on my pigmented lips, all it pulls is the pink, which on me translates to a medium pinkish rose, It's a little out of my comfort zone, but I'll wear it later in the spring. The colors can be deceptive-I wish you could test them. I also got Gumdrop which is awesome for a nude pink lip for fair gals,but on me. Gumdrop looked darker in the tube then it ended up on my lips (milky bluish pink). They last a decent amount of time for a D/S lippie and they feel good on the lips. I'm sure I'll end up with more.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ypratt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it! I'm always trying to find a nice, complimenting brownish pink to add some color to my face. I'm not blessed with full lips like my daughter, so I don't like to wear too dark of a color.

The color is just right, almost a semi-sheer in my opinion. It's has a nice sheen/gloss. Staying power is about average, not a 6 or 8-hour, but I can drink a cup of coffee at work and still see the color on my lips when done. Didn't dry my lips at all, which the longer wearing lipsticks seem to do. I will continue to purchase this product, and try other colors in the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This review is NOT based on the quality of the lip butter, but for the COLOUR Pink Truffle.
I absolutely LOVE this colour! It does lean more towards a dusty rose kind of colour, perfect for everday wear or anywhere at all! It's perfect for people with pigmented lips like me. YES! It's that My Lips But Better with a hint of pink sort of colour. This is not as sheer as it's marketed to be, it is quiet pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Pink Truffle is everything I hoped it would be: a MLBB pink. Looks great with my caramel skin, would go with any makeup looks or no other makeup at all, creamy and wears off evenly. I love this color and plan to repurchase upon running out.

Edit 10/7/12: I've changed my mind about repurchasing. Because my skin is neutral-cool, I prefer Sugar Plum for my MLBB lip butter. I'll use it up, though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I bought this on the same day as Wet n' Wild's Megashield gloss in Ring Around the Rosey. It's a complete dupe and $1.99 compared to $7.99 for this one by Revlon. The color is a pretty brownish, pinky taupe, but $7.99 for a glorified gloss? The color payoff was nice, and it is silky with a shine, but this didn't last longer than one hour, where the WnW lasts for over two. I was also very disappointed by the tiny amount of product you get in the tube. Turn it up, and you will notice that there is about half as much as other lipsticks. I wouldn't repurchase unless it was on clearance at some point. There are way better options out there.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favorite out of all the lip butters I own. Its a nice MLBB color that applies smoothly and evenly. None of the LBs are super long lasting, but that doesn't really bother me.