July 26, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I bought this on the same day as Wet n' Wild's Megashield gloss in Ring Around the Rosey. It's a complete dupe and $1.99 compared to $7.99 for this one by Revlon. The color is a pretty brownish, pinky taupe, but $7.99 for a glorified gloss? The color payoff was nice, and it is silky with a shine, but this didn't last longer than one hour, where the WnW lasts for over two. I was also very disappointed by the tiny amount of product you get in the tube. Turn it up, and you will notice that there is about half as much as other lipsticks. I wouldn't repurchase unless it was on clearance at some point. There are way better options out there.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favorite out of all the lip butters I own. Its a nice MLBB color that applies smoothly and evenly. None of the LBs are super long lasting, but that doesn't really bother me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by somethingcosmic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color. Aside from Pink Truffle, I have Creme Brulee, Peach Parfait, Sweet Tart, Raspberry Pie, and Cherry Tart and I find that I reach for this color the most. I wear it almost everyday. It's definitely MLBB. Peach Parfait is too, but I prefer Pink Truffle for its creamy texture. The pigmentation is great. It doesn't require layering. One thing I've noticed though is that it's not the most hydrating of the bunch I have. In fact, I feel like it wears like a regular lipstick. I'm not sure if it's because it's become dry from frequent use or if it's always been like that. Either way, I'd buy this product again for the color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just wasn't as impressed with this as so many others seem to be. It's not terrible but I don't think it's all that great either. I wish it was a bit more pink on me but it leaned to more of a dusty rose shade with brown undertones. It seems creamy but I found it very drying. Most lipsticks I have tried I found drying but Revlon touts this as being super moisturizing and it just wasn't for me. The packaging is cute and the price is reasonable but I wouldn't repurchase this even to try another shade. Disappointing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The lip butters in general have launched my experimenting into lipsticks! I never really cared for lipsticks/glosses really... but these are the ultimate package. Moisturizing like a really great balm, the shine of a non-sticky gloss, and the color payoff of a saturated lipstick - without the cakiness, cracking, feathering. Pink truffle is my MLBB shade that leans more pinky-brown (well, like a pink-truffle mushroom haha). This lip butter stays in my handbag every day for on the go looks/touch ups :) Very few people would probably look *BAD* in this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is currently my favorite lip product!

I would describe the color as a neutral pink-brown. It looks great with my NC40-43 coloring. The tone is just perfect if you want a natural-looking splash of color on your lips. It looks great when paired with smokey eyes and other dark eyeshadow colors. I also love the texture of this! True to its name, it glides on buttery-smooth. I don't have the problem of peeling and feathering the way I do with other lipsticks, namely MAC. But just for reference, I still use a lip balm (Burt's Bees Pomegranate) before I apply this.

The packaging is also really cute: candy colored textured tubes. The names of every lipstick in this line are really cute as well :)

Pink Truffle is a winner. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This is everything I wanted lippies like MAC Creme Cup to be. As an NC45 gal, I typically stray from pale pinky nudes. Of the lip butters, Pink Truffle is a definite standout. The color is ultra creamy and imparts the perfect combo of soft pink and nude for me. I love that I can throw it on without a mirror and I am happy to say, this is a MLBB shade. Quilted packaging is cute and light caramel-ish scent is pleasant. Loving this line of product!
EDIT: 4/23/12 Product is almost gone, LOVE this stuff!
EDIT: 5/31/12 Constantly reach for this lippie- my go-to colour, HG status.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Tomolama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used Clinque lip butter for many years $$$, & for a kick I thought I'd try this lip butter. Impressed with color choices, nicely emollient & easy on the coin purse. I think I'm going to grab a few more colors. Well be nice sor the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Never have been much of a lipstick girl as I prefer a lip gloss which doesn't look as harsh. I am completely in LOVE with the Revlon Lip Butters. Pink Truffle is an amazing pink. I have highly pigmented lips and everything goes extremely pink on me, however this is the exception because of the brown undertone. It's MLBB and I will DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by c2keri

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this Lip Butter! It's that perfect "my lip color but better" color.

I'll put this as best I can: this is a casual-use product. It's not for a full-on makeup look. It's just a nice pop of color whether or not I have makeup on or I'm just running to the store. Want a no-makeup look? This is an option. Want to wear a glam look? Not so much.

I'll repurchase.