Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 3/9/2012 2:47:00 PM

Nice colour, lovely packaging but just not very special when you compare with other similar products. It felt a bit dry on the lips, not like a balm and nowhere near as nice a finish as the Boots 17 Mirror Shine lipsticks.

on 3/6/2012 4:37:00 AM

I bought quite a few of the Revlon lip butters, and Pink Truffle is my favorite so far. Some of the other colors have glitter in them, and I just can't stand that gritty feel. I love how smooth and silky Pink Truffle is. It's a very pretty, neutral, everyday color when you want just a hint of color as opposed to something that screams "look at me!" In other words, good for the conservative workplace. The product doesn't last very long on me, so I have to reapply every hour or so. But it's not expensive, so I don't mind it too much. Also, a general comment about all the lip butters is that the colors are buildable, so that's a plus.

on 3/4/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I went out and bought this color immediately after reading the reviews and I am so happy I did. It is a good natural pinkish nude color I have been looking for to compliment my NC45 skin. It is also very moisterizing. The color is very similar to my beloved Givenchy lipgloss in Sensual Chocolate but is pinker, at a fraction of the cost, better smelling and moisterizing. The overall lip butter reminds me of MAC's sheen supreme line. I love it and will be buying a back up as soon as possible.

This seems to be a neutral pink. It may have some slight brownish/nude undertones but on me it just looked like a neutral pink. I'm pale so it was slightly more obvious than it may be on some people but it is a nice neutral shade.

on 3/2/2012 12:46:00 AM

I LOOOOOOOOOVE THIS LIP BUTTER!

Pros:
- Smooth, moisturizing
- Decently pigmented (my lips are naturally really pigmented)
- Soft Sheen
- Beautiful pinky neutral colour
- no noticeable fragrance
- great packaging

Cons:
- It's a little soft, so it's easily smushed (but that's not too much of a problem, just don't take it out of the tube very far )

This is the perfect MLBB for me! The colour goes with everything, and is subtle. Whenever I want to look a bit more polished (especially in professional environments) I go for this!

on 2/27/2012 12:56:00 PM

Tightkitty's review hit the nail on the head. This pulls sooo brown/red on me. It looks NOTHING like it does on the blondeish girl in the pictures. It looks much closer to Fig Jam. And I also agree this color looks a bit outdated. I am returning.

on 2/26/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Meh...I thought this would match my lips. Kind of disappointed...I can do looks with it, but it's not what I was looking for. It makes a nice pink nude, but that's it.

on 2/26/2012 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

very nice color and texture..and it last a reasonable time.. for the price, it's a nice deal

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always grab shades similar to this when trying a new lippie. They are "safe" and almost the same as my lips. This does lean slightly to the browner side and is very lovely on. If you are looking to try a butter and want a mlbb shade this one is worth a try since I think it will flatter most complexions.

on 2/18/2012 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am okay with this lip butter. I just am going to have to use the cliqued saying "It looks like my lips but better!" True, it's a brown nude, but it is amaingly flattering on my skin tone. Like all of the lip butters, it is extremely buttery and the lasting power sucks terribly.
The packaging is cute. It moisturizes well. That is all I have to say. I would buy it again.