October 30, 2014 | 1099 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by mariasigma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay this product works amazing (at least on me :P i don't have oily eyelids).l wore it in the morning travelled for hours i was sweaty , i even splashed my face with water several times and it did not smudge at all! l practically had it on for over 8 hours. Oh btw i didnt use any primer or eyeshadow. lt costs like 3,50 euros in greece so thats a pretty good deal. Definitely buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by 10amald3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing for the price! I have yet to use any colors other than black but I plan to purchase more. The price is very affordable and the packaging is very effective, has a nice and tight seal to prevent drying out, I have almost finished the entire jar and it has yet to dry out! This product will last you a very long time as well, I've been using it daily for over a year and have yet to finish. The formula is very creamy and the color is rich and dark just like a black liner should be. On the water line or the lid, this color stays on forever, has amazing staying power, would definitely recommend it for girls that have watery eyes, will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by xvivifyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was horrible and so disappointing. I returned it, I REALLY wanted this to work since it was so darn cheap. Which, should have tipped me off.
After wearing it for only an hour I had awful smudges under my eyes. I had hardly put much product on anyway. It took some effort to get off of my skin as well. I tried it a few more times and had the same result. Even primer couldn't save this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an okay gel liner. It smudges on me :( sob sob I was hoping much for this product since everyone raves about it.
The good thing about it is that it is SUPER CHEAP and the glass packaging is pretty, the colour selection is also pretty.
I really loved the colour London Baby but as I said before it smudges on me. :(
Too bad. I'll just collect for colours then..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by wingcheek

I just bought this product and i am quite amazed with it. I did a swatch on my hand and after 10 seconds or so, it completely dried. i tried rubbing it off (really hard) with my thumb and it did not move at all!! A tiny bit of product gives off ALOT of bold colour and it lasts on my really oily lids for a long time! I tried the infamous maybelline one, but it was not as good as this one! I really recommend this for people with oily lids; with eyeprimer, this product will last all day and night. It only costed me $3.50 and got midnight in paris and london baby. I'm abit disappointed with london baby because i was looking for a dark brown colour but this one seems to come off more purplish than brown because of the sparkles. Nonetheless, i love both of these colours and the product overall since it does not smudge or wear off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Gothkenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the purple liner as a gift from a friend. I wasn't expecting much because of the price tag, but I was amazed at how well these liners work. The purple color doesn't show up well on the skin, but the formula makes up for it. These babies stay on my skin for hours and they practically apply themselves. If they made these in more colors, I would jump for joy. I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I own this gel eyeliner in a shimmery purple, a dark brown and a teal blue from the sun club collection. I also own Inglot's black gel eyeliner in 78 or 87 or something like that, a matte jet black eyeliner. I LOVE my Inglot eyeliner but it has dried up something horrid!
Anyway the Essence gel eyeliners are pretty cool but quite creamy in consistency. The pigmentation of the brown is good; I wear it quite often on my upper eye, not in the inside corner of my eyes or on the bottom waterline or anything. I find that it stays really well.
I haven't tried the purple yet but it seems so dark that I would wonder how well the purple-ness shows up.
I have swatched the teal blue on my arm and it is pretty fantastic. I was thinking of using it as a base as well, so swatched my favourite blue pearl colour from Inglot and it just "grabbed" the shadow and made it look fantastic, so I'm pretty excited about wearing that as a base and then liner sometime!
Anyway this is so exciting because the price of the gel eyeliners (5.95 aud) is sooo much cheaper than the Inglot gel eyeliner (which was around $30 aud) and maybelline's gel eyeliner, which is something like $15 aud. Really this blows them out of the water on a price/quality ratio. I am very impressed and that is why I ended up snapping up the extra blue liner when I last shopped at Target.

The teal blue I wore the other day; it was amazing. So pigmented it only took a couple of swipes across the eye and it was done! Love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by 1017

My friend is a makeup artist and she turned me on to these. She loves the "London" something color. I bought the London color and the all black one. The London is a soft dark not quite gray, not quite brown (taupe?) shade. It makes a gorgeous liner on my lazy days. The black is basic. But these are some tough little liners. Very happy with this find. That London color is gorgeous! I found mine at a tiny display in Ulta.

UPDATE: I hate the black color, it transfers like crazy! But London Baby is nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

Amazing, amazing! I love the product (rich, creamy black that lasts forever) and of course, the price. Not much to say except that it's awesome--and the fact that it's 3.99 here in Canada, were we get routinely marked up prices for no reason, is even better.

A word of caution, however. The cap is rather easy to crack if you screw it on too tightly or if you drop it. The packaging could be a bit better, but as long as you're careful with it, it should really have no problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have nothing but positive for this! I bought it last week, and i'v worn it everyday since. $3.99, for a rich black liner that lasts all day in the Texas heat? ALL RIGHT.