August 30, 2014 | 956 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

Amazing, amazing! I love the product (rich, creamy black that lasts forever) and of course, the price. Not much to say except that it's awesome--and the fact that it's 3.99 here in Canada, were we get routinely marked up prices for no reason, is even better.

A word of caution, however. The cap is rather easy to crack if you screw it on too tightly or if you drop it. The packaging could be a bit better, but as long as you're careful with it, it should really have no problems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have nothing but positive for this! I bought it last week, and i'v worn it everyday since. $3.99, for a rich black liner that lasts all day in the Texas heat? ALL RIGHT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Iammelody

Since being on a low budget, I've had to search for an alternative to my mac blacktrack fluidline. Since I found this (midnight in paris), I don`t think i`ll be buying the one from mac again. $3.99 for a product that is EXACTLY the same? I don't see a need to go back to it.
To me, its identical in all the positive ways. On top of it, I find it glides on smoother, and its a tad more opaque, meaning I don't have to go over certain parts a 2nd time. There is absolutely no fading, even over 12 hours later.
Too bad I couldn't try this first!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product a few days ago at Ulta for less than $4.00 because of the great reviews on here. Ive read just about all 58 reviews.. im a gel/cream liner fanatic. And once i saw the ratings and reviews, i knew i had to go grab me one. Especially since its under $5 ! Ive used too many gel/cream liners to count, ive had my share. And i always want to try something new, you know, switch it up a bit. Ive tried fluidline, sonia kashuk, estee lauder, clinique, wet n wild, L'oreal , physicians formula, maybelline, ect.. (estee lauder being my HG eyeliner but i like to rotate all of the few i have open so they dont dry ) But this.. This eyeliner may be the eyeliner of all liners to make me actually remain faithful to for many reasons :

i bought this in Midnight in Paris, which is a dark matted black. It is very pigmented and rich in color, and best of all, its actually black.. a pure black. Black Black.

Its texture is super creamy and applies unbelievably smooth.. like half way melted butter.

It's staying power is amazing. Ive tried alot of high end liners, and this compares to most if not all of them. I, however, do not have oily lids, so i never really have any issues with gel/cream liners transferring anywhere. But ive had some eyeliners flake off and/or fade on me over time.. and this baby is not one of them! Ive put this on before i go to work (8am) and came home, and went back out (without touching up) to come back home (sometimes midnight or later) to an eyeliner that looks as if i had just applied it! Can you believe that?! All without a primer.

No Fading
No Flaking
No Smudging

The packaging is nothing really to complain about. For Less than $4? Its actually pretty good compared to alot of different gel/cream liners. It ACTUALLY screws on tight. So the product doesnt dry up as quickly like other Lower cost brands .. * cough cough WetnWild cough cough * The product comes in a little glass jar with a black plastic lid that screws on pretty tightly. Inside this jar is 3g of product ( same as MAC's Fluidline and Estee lauders Stay-In-Place gel liner ) I mainly put gel liners on my top lid and wing it out (so i end up using quite a bit of liner ) , but ive also put this on my waterline and its stayed put perfectly fine.

Estee lauder was my HG eyeliner that i would go to every time i know i needed a liner that would stay in place without me worrying about it moving , fading, or flaking off. Not to mention the fact that the product stayed creamy for almost 7 or 8 months now. HOWEVER, my HG eyeliner is like almost $22! My biggest problem with gel/cream liner is the product drying up before i even get to finish it. So far estee lauder's , MAC's , and clinique's have managed to stay creamy until i finished it.. unfortunately they've all drilled holes in my pockets. ( They eventually add up ) So if this Lower cost eyeliner can manage to stay creamy until i am able to finish it then i think ive found myself a new HG eyeliner! Few days in, and all is well. im going to keep my fingers crossed, and if anything changes.. if i see the SLIGHTEST sign of it even pulling away from the sides, ill let you all know. :) im definitely going to buy more backups though.

WARNINGG!! make sure you open your product before you buy.. or you may end up going home with a product imprinted with someones grubby fingers :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by pinkpastels

i adore this eyeliner, i use it with my sonia kashuk bent eyeliner brush and my eyes look amazing. it doesnt budge at all,no little black marks above my crease or anything! ive had my pot for months now and its still good and i have a lot left still! the price is amazing, my HG gel eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by ShikaSmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This works much better than the maybelline gel liner. I like that it's long lasting but it dries very quick, so it's difficult to smudge if you want a smokey look. It's very pigmented and the brush you buy to go with it is very nice even though it too is cheap. I don't think you need an expensive gel eyeliner since this one is really good.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lauran333

this gel liner i was so exited to get cause i wanted it to work and it was only 6 dollars. i put this on my waterline and lashline and it did nothing but smudge and run all the way down to my cheeks.
pros:
very intense back colour
easy glide on
dries quickly

cons:
smudges
feels uncomfortable when it dries
vert hard to get off
hard to draw with

over all i hate this eyeliner. it smudges and its hard to take off and ugh yuck i hate it and i will not buy this ever again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lovelylaura25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never need to buy another black liquid liner EVER AGAIN. This stuff is truly amazing. I've tried other gel liners in the past and they would always smudge after a few hours. This product does not budge and looks *perfect* until I take it off, which is sometimes 18 hours later. It is so easy to work with too. I get a perfect wing each and every time. Plus, the intensity of the black pigment is so freakin' gorgeous. Honestly, complete strangers have been asking me what I use as liner. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only tried London Baby so far- it's a beautiful deep taupe shade with a shimmer finish. I actually prefer a slightly drier gel liner- I find that this one is a little too soft and fluid and can require some building up (obviously this is a personal preference and this texture is probably more appealing to most)! Although it's not my favourite liner texture, it makes this work very well as a cream shadow/eyeshadow base- it sheers out easily and I love it for a soft smokey look! It smudges easily when first applied but sets well after a few seconds and is crease-resistant once dry. As a liner it gives a beautiful softer look that I think would flatter most eye colours. Because the texture is very soft and glidey, it's easy to get a crisp edge to your lines (though I find I need to go over a second time to get solid payoff). I'd definitely give the other shades a try as they're very reasonably priced, but London Baby was the one that caught my eye most right off the bat.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by majapapaya

Was going to buy a Bobbi Brown or Mac Gel eyeliner, but saw this at Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada) for $3.99 and thought.... hey - made in Italy - why not give it a go first! WELLLLLLL ..... I am seriously impressed! Beautiful creamy, soft, easy to apply texture and dries quick enough and then stays put ALL day long even under not ideal conditions! Easy to remove with a remover (I use the thick Nivea creme in the blue tub to remove eye makeup). I bought the (01) Midnight in Paris colour and it is a perfect black - makes my blue eyes pop! I use the MAC 210 brush to apply it which also is a great brush and works perfectly with this product! Doesn't irritate my eyes at all. In my opinion this is a MUCH nicer product than the Maybelline Gel liner which I found a touch on the dry side after a few uses, and not as easy to apply. (I ended up throwing it out!) Also the colour was not as pigmented and "true" somehow. This is my new HG gel liner for sure - I can't wait to try out the other colours!!! At this price you can't go wrong, just make sure you have a good brush to apply it with.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No