October 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Gizzyxx

I have to say I really like it. In a nutshell, the reasons I like it is that its really good coverage, it has SPF in it and it is really long wearing, it lasts all day and well into the evening! The sample I was given is 030 Medium Beige, and it was a good match, possibly a tiny bit too dark (I am MAC NC35/40).

I find that this is medium to heavy coverage. It provides buildable good coverage, without looking cakey or too heavy. It blends very easily (I used my fingers, clean of course!), but I haven’t tried it with a brush as yet. I hardly needed any concealer at all once I had applied this. It melts into the skin, and makes the most beautiful finish, I am really loving this foundation due to its lovely finish, it’s the best I have found so far!

The wear has been great for me, it lasted really well through a long hot day helping my mum in the kitchen and then attending an event in a really hot, over crowded room til 11pm. My face didn’t look perfect by the end of it but the foundation was still going strong and I would say it was about 80% in tact. I love foundations that are truly long wear and this is certainly of them!

The finish is mostly matte with a little bit of dewy-ness to avoid a flat looking complexion. I like the finish of this a lot and it didn’t make me any more oily than I normally am, which is great. It also didn’t oxidise on me, which is another big plus.

It didn’t break me out at all, I will update if it does break me out in future. I also really like that it has SPF in it, factor 25 in this case which is quite high for a foundation I think.

The foundation is meant to be a hydrating, but at the same time suitable for all skin types. I would say due to the fact it’s a little hydrating this might be too much for very oily skin. I have normal skin with an oily T zone and this was okay for me, it didn’t make me more oily. I think people with normal and dry skin will probably really like this foundation.

Pricewise, its at the higher end of what I am willing to pay, in the UK its £29.50 for 30ml. I do however think, since the coverage is great and you only need a small amount, one bottle will last a long time and therefore work out okay for your wallet.

I definitely like this and I think its worth trying if you want medium or full coverage or a foundation that will not slide off your face! It does what it claims to do – big plus these days when we cant normally believe what the companies tell us about their products!

The downsides are that the shade selection is not that big, and mostly yellow based and nothing for very dark skin or Afro-Caribbean ladies. Also, like I said it may not be best suited for ladies with very oily skin. It also has fragrance in it, which may cause irritation. Had it been fragrance free, this would have been better.

All in all, its one of my favourite foundation as the moment!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Braethan

I can't believe that my search is finally over! I have tried so many foundations! The consistancy is very thin but it blends beautifully. I use a lise watier brush. The coverage is fantastic and it makes my lines much less visable. This lasts the entire day for me and does not get oily on me at all but I have normal/dry skin. Although expensive it is worth every penny! My skin looks gorgeous. I'm soooo glad I found this! Absolutely no complaints with this.
I'm NW25 and 030 is a perfect match.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I tried this in 010, that looked good at first, but dried to a darker, yellower colour. Not hideous, but not matching my skin enough to make me want to buy it again.
It is extremely easy to apply with a foundation brush, never used a foundation that was as easy to blend= fast to apply.
Upon application, it covered well in colour, nixe texture on smooth skin (cheeks, nose) and around eyes. Unfortunately, it enhanced the lines in my forehead a lot. I tried a light layer og Dior's loose powder, and it's the first one where light reflecting particles are small and subtle enough to actually blur texture and lines a bit, instead of enhancing them as most others do.
Final result good, if a bit dark. Wrinkles smoothed by powder a bit, but stll somewhat enhanced.
Sraying power good. After 9 hours, it had settled a bit in forehead lines and around the eyes. Not so pretty, but not too terrible.
I think this is a good foundation for younger skin.
For long wearing I recommend Lancome teint idole ultra, which also comes in a lighter, less yellow colour. And doesn't settle into lines. It did, however, break me out, but most expensive foundations do.
My absolute favourite us 100% pure healthy skin foundation.

Edit 11/12/11:
I work selling makeup, and this is an amazing foundation for young skin without wrinkles. It looks like skin.. Remember that it darkens when drying on the face, so start with a lighter shade.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all, the new color range is brilliant- they have a pink/neutral line and a yellow line, which is great for people like me with pinker/cool undertones. I perfectly matched with 022 cameo and I'm about N-15. I normally have trouble finding matches with lines that only have yellow bases for foundation.
The coverage I'd say is medium and pretty flawless. It definitely relates with the old formula in that it does not have to be powdered- the finish is semi matte and dries to a lovely finish. It looks extremely skin-like and feels weightless.It will emphasize dry spots though, so be sure to moisturize really well. It has a very slight fragrance, it smells good and is undetectable after about 15 minutes, but it might irritate those who are sensitive to fragrance.
My favorite way to apply this is with a wet sponge, but I've also had good success with a standard foundation brush and also fingers. It's really hard to mess this up to be honest if the color match is good.

The packaging is heavy glass, it's not travel friendly but it feels luxurious. It would probably crack if you dropped it. It has a great pump that distributes a perfect amount.
Although the promo image of Natalie Portman for this foundation is photoshopped, I feel like the coverage actually looks like that- pretty flawless. Obviously normal people have bumps and not perfect texture, but on me, the foundation makes me look like I am nearly perfect. My profile picture shows me wearing it- you decide.

Sorry for long review but it all had to be said! Really really good reformulation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I have oily, sensitive skin in NW-10/15.

My skin is recovering after allergic reaction from Chanel's Perfection Lumiére. I swapped the Chanel one for this one from Dior.

I use their new powder compact everyday and that is the best EVER! What a miracle that thing is!

This foundation is also a dream come true! It even covers more than most foundations and it is not that thick. Even my mom has this foundation as well and she is 60 years old and loving it!

The colors are really beautiful but I saw another reviewer saying they are not yellow enough. However, since my skin is pale and pinkish I find some of the colors TOO yellow! But in the end I found a perfect match!

The scent of this foundation is a bit strong but nothing close to the crazy fragrance in the Chanel foundation.

Like I said, the coverage of this foundation is really good. I have acne scars, large pores, uneven skintone (name it) and I only had to use this foundation 1 round and that was beautiful!

It is so natural, the dry-down is semi-matte, it keeps oil at bay and this has to be one of the best foundations out there!

Pros:
1. The finish is amazing!
2. Colors
3. Oil Control
4. The texture is lovely! It's not thick and you don't feel you have a mask on
5. Coverage
6. Doesn't break me out or give me allergic reactions.

Cons:
1. The fragrance
2. Shades can be a bit yellow

WINNER!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I´ve been testing this foudation for several days now, with a primer underneath and without, and it always works out beautifully. It has a nice degree of coverage, evening out my reddish cheeks and nose, while blending into the skin very well, it looks quite natural and doesn´t leave me looking greasy after half an hour. It also lasts really long. I do touch up with powder during the day, to stay matte and even, but I ALMOST would say that blotting would be enough. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Senikxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the new version and although not much different in shades I find this amazing!! It's so easy to put on, doesn't dry as quick as the old version, skin look gorgeous all day, in fact I haven't touched up with powder. I'm buying the powder version and wearing both to see how great my skin looks. Have the liquid in 010 and although looks too light when applied it does blend nice! I have a lighter neck so don't like to wear darker foundations, might get the compact in 020 or 022 yet.
I will buy again as it's perfect and does last.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 6:32:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

Honest review:
What I search for in a foundation: light-medium coverange that covers redness well, a good colour match that would save me time in the morning, lasting power (no patchiness, lasting in warm and cold weather) and natural look. It should also not break my sensitive skin out, and also shouldn't be drying (my skin then patches easily).
I decided to try this because I got intrigued by the SA saying that they had gotten a new foundation that was long lasting in all kind of weather - no separating in hot humid weather and no cracking in cold, and it kept moisture in!
See pictures for shades
I took a sample home and have now tested it, and then bought a bottle; I wear foundation about 16/24 (hours/day). This gave me a natural-looking, not too matte, not too dewy look, and the fact that it just melted (or fused) into my skin, taking the same texture, was a part of it. This IS long lasting (although not completely transfer resistant), and looked good even after me running in cold rain! It didn't become patchy and didn't make my dry patches show. I haven't reacted badly, except for that this isn't really for my skin type.
Cons (for some people):
- the coverage is light-medium, I would say more medium, depending on application
- it keeps the skins texture, correcting mostly only colour - pores will still be visible, unless you have very smooth skin from before. Again, depending on application
- strong scent; not happy about it myself, as it's not a pleasant one to me, and perfume can cause irritation
- alcohol (I hate this ingredient!)
- expensive
- colours: lightest yellow (21) is like NC25 in MAC = too dark for me now + it's VERY yellow
- does contain oil
- oxidation
- tend to sink a bit into wrinkles
I definitely recommend checking this out! If you find the right colour and the foundation fits your skin type, this may be an HG.
Now to application: I know Dior makeup artists suggest to apply this with a brush. I've found that I can achieve the look I want only with fingers. First I smear the foundation on, then pat it. This prevents it from looking like it's sitting on the skin. Always CLEAN HANDS! Also: this dries pretty fast. My Real Techniques Expert Face Brush also gives a good look.
One more thing I want to mention: different fluid foundations need different bases underneath. I suggest a not too slippery moisturizer. You should also wait till the moisturiser has been absorbed before applying foundation. Try to wear less where you tend to get oily, like the forehead. For primer, something with lot of silicone can work
UPDATE: I mix this with Shiseido Sun Protection Fluid Foundation to lighten this up (improves texture and colour) and Arbonne primer under.
My skin: has been oily, resistant, normal, and now dry and sensitive. I don't have any problems with big pores, but still are acne-prone. I'm about an NC20-15 in MAC, closer to 15. Light skin with olive undertone, which basicly means a "neutral yellow" - yellow-toned foundations can look orange on these skin tones. Orange colour may also result from too dark foundation colour. Most brands have not yet incorporated olive tones into their colour range.
Other foundations I have tried (some are reviewed better on my page - will eventually review them all):
- Maybelline dream matte mousse (young and inexperienced...it's a 1-lippie: nice to put on, but you have to be very careful with what you do during the day for it to look good)
- Maybelline affinitone (hello sparkly! Transfers very easily)
- L'Oreal visible lift serum foundation (OK drugstore foundation, but in my opinion nothing special. Pretty good shade selection)
- L'oreal High Definition Smoothing Foundation Studio Secrets (really crappy foundation - no coverage, only oxidation!)
- Lucy minerals mineral foundation (VERY good shade range, but mineral foundations don' suit my dry skin - recommend for those who like mineral foundation!)
- Elisabeth Arden flawless finish (indescribable crap! Rolls up in balls, bad smell)
- Boots stay perfect (not bad if you can find your shade. The one I got was "Homer Simpson yellow"... OK staying power)
- The Body Shop moisture foundation (very light and natural coverage, moisturising, good as base for powder, as it can transfer easily. Not for me though)
- Declar� (olive toned colour - suited me very well, but is pretty thick, full coverage, which I don't need anymore)
- Estee Lauder double wear (staying power like nothing else, covers almost anything, but I can't stop myself from thinking my skin doesn't breathe underneath + can look flat/dry)
- Sensai fluid foundation (pretty natural, medium coverage, but all too pink or orange on me)
- Chanel vitalumiere aqua (makes complexion look very smooth and porcelainy, poreless, but not too great staying power, like it, but not my favourite, covers redness well)
- MAC pro longwear (long lasting, but often tricky to find the right colour)
- L�ncome photogenic lumessence (oxidizes to...pink. Didn't stay on too long, nothing to write home about)
- L�ncome teint miracle (looks very natural, found my shade in Japan, good coverage with this consistency, but bad staying powder - melts away and disappears if I use it outside the house)
- Clarins everlasting foundation (not good shade range, too thick, made face look flat, didn't like it)
- Helena Rubinstein spectacular (yes! Nice staying power, natural looking, nice finish, but few colours)
- Guerlain Parure Extreme (long lasting! Few colurs, better for oilier skin, smells a lot)
- Make Up For Ever Face & Body (very natural looking. Nice staying power if used right, hydrating, oil free)
- Bourjois Healthy Mix (natural looking, for normal skin, light coverage)

45 out of 48 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No