August 21, 2014 | 1872 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! Tons of volume, not clumpy, very black, buildable. One tube last quite a while, as it doesn't dry out quickly. And it's so cheap and easily available at the drug store. I will always have a tube on hand as it has become a favorite of mine, and it's easy to travel with because its a shorter, more compact tube. Just have to wipe off any excess on the tip of the wand. No flaking, no smudging. Win!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Dolachk

For the price it works very well. Alot of my friends have tried and like as well

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by LydiaClair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought this mascara today after reading all the great reviews. And I am in LOVE!! It lengthens and adds volume. My eye lashes aren't very noticeable to begin with, so I usually use fake lashes. But I defiantly think Ill be using them less because of this mascara! I did two coats to make it more dramatic, but if you don't wait for it to dry it can turn out a little clumpy. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sreyes21

I can't believe how satisfied I am with this mascara. I am very, VERY picky when it comes to picking to a mascara because I have oily lids and most non-waterproof mascaras are a huge no-no for me. Especially the cheap brands.

I had never tried any Jordana products. I started hearing rave reviews about this mascara and at first didn't really care to try it because I thought no way would such a cheap product work on me, who hardly has luck finding a good mascara in the first place. But one day, I was at Walgreens and was looking for a new mascara and I came across the Jordana line. I thought it didn't hurt to try since it was only about three bucks.

I tried it a couple days later and was pleasantly surprised. It applies really easily and it doesn't take much before you see length and volume. It doesn't clump. Very build able...you could use one coat and have natural but defined lashes or you can add more for more drama. The main thing I was looking for though was the staying power and I was really impressed. By the end of the day I had a TINY bit smudged under my eyes but nothing horrible. This has better staying power than many of the more expensive drugstore brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Timkerbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara for close to a year now, and I really like it.

The actual formula of this mascara is absolutely spot on for me. I love it. What lets it down immensely is the packaging. You get WAY too much mascara on the brush straight out of the tube. The wand itself is ok, just a standard bristly affair that I think is a nice size. The problem is the neck of the tube. Every time I apply this mascara I have to wipe the wand clean against the tube opening, and it can get a bit messy, not to mention taking more time than I personally enjoy, just for getting my wand usable.

The mascara itself is perfect. It's a rich black that goes on beautifully (if you have taken the time to wipe your wand off that is), and it's buildable to an extent without clumping. It makes my lashes look big and feathery, and that's what I like in a mascara. I'm not after a natural or subtle look, and if you are I would say that this mascara is not for you.
The mascara has no discernible smell, and it has never irritated my eyes. I wear contacts, I have sensitive skin, and I suffer from hayfever, so that is quite high praise.

The mascara absolutely stays put on me all day without any issues. It can withstand a light whetting, like getting caught in the rain for a minute or so, and it doesn't smudge or flake. In spite of the super staying power I find it very easy to remove.
My normal cleansing routine is to use a cleansing cream or lotion that I massage onto dry skin and remove with a warm face cloth. I find this removes the mascara perfectly. If I have used extra much one day I just repeat the process for the last little traces of mascara.

I'm really bummed that the packaging is so rubbish, as it is the one thing that makes me hesitate to repurchase, and also the only reason I had to knock a star off my rating. I have yet to find a better actual mascara, but I WILL keep looking, as I find the faffing with the ridiculous amounts on the wand a bit off-putting. Bottom line though is that I will possibly keep repurchasing, and I would recommend that you at least give it a go yourself to try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by batyah

This is a very interesting mascara. It is dirt cheep, and may have the best staying power of any mascara! When I was applying it, I accidentally got a little bit on my cheek and holy cow, IT WOULD NOT COME OFF! I wiped it right after and had to get a make-up remover thing to take it off. Even then it was a bit of a struggle. My advice would be take your time and get it right so you don't have mishaps like I did!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by lolasaysyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many others, I found much to like in this mascara. Obviously the price is great ($3.99 in San Francisco's overpriced Walgreens), but I also love the size of the brush, the stiffness of the bristles, the wax-based formula, and the clean, simple round tube. For me, this mascara works best over DiorShow Maximizer primer, curled with DiorShow Heat Curl, then curled with a hested Shu Uemura curler, then additional coats built on as needed. This mascara is a true wax-based mascara, with a soft, slightly wet creamy wax texture, but also seems to include some fiber component (this is a guess based on performance, but I don't see any obvious fibers in the formula). This means this type of mascara is good for holding a curl when heat is applied, but can be a little heavy and also weigh it down if you've for a lot on your lashes. In people who have long but fine lashes, the wax formula and brush can help build a curl during the application, but will tend to weigh down short, coarse lashes and take out a curl if you don't set it with heat. Fine lashes will probably feel this is nicely volumizing, but thicker, denser lashes may find that this builds up and may clump more quickly. Personally, I find this to be great at building volume since I don't mind a slightly thicker, "clumpier" look so my short lashes are actually visible. As we've hopefully all realized by now, mascara performance is highly individual and really depends on your lash type, application style, and personal taste. Hopefully the above will help explain how this mascara will perform for you if you haven't tried it! I really like this mascara and am playing with it in combination with my Chanel, YSL, Helena Rubinstein, MUFE, Fairy Drops, etc. to find the perfect combo, but am happy enough to have purchases two more backups. It's not a miracle product for me, but it's definitely good enough to be on par with all of my high end mascaras. My only wishlist for improvement would be a curved brush, and for a formula that doesn't budge. Sometimes this feels like it flakes a little bit and stings my eyes, but doesn't leave any flakes or smudges on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was drawn to this because of the rave reviews and the sleek packaging. Picked this up at Walgreens, which for now is the only place I have seen this sold. To keep it short, this did not work for me at all. I usually need waterproof mascara to hold a curl (short asian lashes) but I used this with my Shisedo nourishing mascara base primer, which is supposed to work for all mascaras whether they are waterproof or not, and my lashes were still weighed down. The formula just didn't work for me and did not volumize much. I would try this again if it came in waterproof though just because it is so inexpensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this. I see it as a dupe for YSL faux cils, the brushes are very very alike and so is the formula.

Pros:
Volumising as promised
Super cheap
Wand is easy to work with

Cons
Prone to flaking at the end of the day
Too much product comes put at once
Not available in Australia

Overall a great dupe for a well loved favourite and is currently a staple in my morning routine.
I currently layer it with Essence I love Extreme in the pink tube.

Will buy over and over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

this mascara is the best one you can get at that low price
it separates lashes without any clumps at all & really lengthen my lashes
very well also does not feel heavy & it is easy to be removed with the eye make up
remover. as the other veiwer said it is really volumizing but not as loreal
voluminous one