October 25, 2014 | 948 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually use the precious cells version and i think it's really good, I thought that this must be the same if not better so I bought it. Very strong rose smell and doesn't bother me but worries me what it might do next to my eyes...

As far as the mascara itself goes, I like the idea of the brush but it doesn't seem to work out in practise...and the mascara is very wet! I just feel like i very get enough control of the brush at the base where it's thickest and it just smears mascara on rather than combing it on properly... I have the same complaint as a few others in that a few hours later I have smears under my eyes!! Gah!! This mascara appears to smudge incredibly easily which I do not like. Unfortunately the doll eyes part is also a no no... doesn't happen! I get better results from precious cells, even if that does flake. The best so far is Clarins wonder perfect... and that stuff just doesn't budge and makes my lashes look great. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by mademoisellenicole

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I have been a faithful to the original hypnose for years. but this one, incredible but true is even better, it is just as manageable as the original, permitting you to decide your look between casual and drama, depending on how many times you pass it over your lashes. people ask where I get my lash extensions done. no clumping, no dry flies legs around your eyes, no smudging. even easier to apply than the orignal because with the new brush shape you reach the lashes in the corners easily.
smells of roses. the BEST MASCARA on the market. if you have many and long lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by SweetAgony

I love lancome mascaras and i usually get l'extreme waterproof but i decided to try the doll eyes. I love the brush it is a nice cone shaped brush that reaches almost all the lashes top and bottom. The mascara has a lovely floral scent but it may not be for some people. I liked it at first but when I started wearing it daily I realized its drawbacks. It doesnt really give volume which is ok cuz that is not what i wanted. It gives a nice feathery separated lashes. The biggest problem i had was that the formula was that it is not water proof. I can wear this all day but it does get a little flakey towards the end of the day. Then when i rubbed my eye I felt flakes fall into my eyes and sting becuase of the fragance. So over all its a 3 lippy's cuz it has potential of being good but they need to make it even better. Thats why we pay so much for a good mascara that will last all day long.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

*sigh* Another smudgy mascara... This was like an ultimate smudge-fest on my under eye area :< I hate the rose scent also, it's way too strong. I did like the brush and for 5 minutes my lashes looked nice but it smeared so incredibly fast...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by kat617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great mascara! I like the brush and the formula washes off easily. I'm wary of the skin around my eyes as I get older, so I don't want a mascara that I have to scrape off like most of the waterproof ones out there. I'm afraid of thinning out that delicate skin! So, with the Hypnose Doll Lashes, I was pleasantly surprised to see it lengthen, curl, and separate my lashes. No flakes either for me, the occasional one here and there, but nothing remarkable.

****A tip for those whose lashes tend to stick together with more applications or coats of ANY mascara... get a package of disposable mascara brushes (like the kind Sephora keeps in their cups by the little tester-mirrors). After you apply a few coats of mascara with the included brush, take a clean, unused disposable mascara brush and literally comb through your lashes with that dry brush. Move that brush around too - so that you get inside by the little short lashes and those long outside lashes... get any and all clumps, but work through your lashes - shift brush left to right to separate. The first few times you might take off more product than you intend to until you find your groove. After many years of my lashes trying to bind themselves together, this has been the only way to control that problem and allow me to manually separate those stubborn lashes! For me, it helps curl them too!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: It becomes exceptionally crunchy and flaky toward the end of its life, about 3 months. I had decided to ignore this for a long time because it gave beautiful length and I wanted it to be perfect. I have gone to Maybelline Full 'n' Soft, my current favorite.
-------

This is worth the money.

- no flaking
- non-drying
- beautiful length
- volume; not over the top, but definitely noticeable

This mascara's greatest assets are the the length it gives the lashes and its ability to hold a curl-- Lancome has always done a good job with their mascaras, but this one is definitely the best I've tried of any brand. Plus, the small tip of the brush is great for getting the little wispies at the inner and outer corners of your eyes, and the packaging is very chic!

There have been some poor reviews of Doll Lash, but don't let that discourage you. Here's the truth: you're never going to get a false-lash look with just mascara, no matter how good the formula is. Makeup technology just isn't there yet. But the formula is still crucial and that's why I'm lauding Doll Lash, yet I wear it with a conditioning base underneath. That's the touch of magic that will give you brow-grazing lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by greenemma

Mascara is pretty much the only item of make up I consider to be essential (followed by cover up!). I wear it every day, and rarely take it off so I have high expectations for mascaras that I use.

I had seen my favourite magazine was recommending this as a great mascara so I thought I would try it. I got a sample size version before I bought the full size. The packaging is pretty and I love the smell of the mascara, though the smell fades quite quickly (after a few uses). The brush is quite big and tapered at one end, which is my preferred shape. The mascara goes on really well, whether its the first or last coat. I managed to get all of my lashes with no effort, even the little ones, and instantly had the doll eye effect it claimed I would get. The mascara lengthened my lashes effortlessly and two coats was all that was needed for volume. Even thought the mascara wasn't particularly dry, what was left in the bottle dried out quite quickly, which was very disappointing given how expensive this mascara is.

The only (but big) down-side to this mascara is its staying power. It has none! If the smallest amount of moisture gets near your eyes the mascara runs. I normally use waterproof mascara so thought at first I needed to adjust, but I have used other non-waterproof mascaras before and they don't run like this one. I found I was using a lot more mascara than I normally would because of this and decided not to buy another when it ran out.

Overall I would say this is probably one of the best mascaras I have ever used. I just wish it was waterproof!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by DriouxAnnaSky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

lovely mascara... has the drama of the hypnose drama mascara with less clumps... the brush is interesting- kind of a novelty to use, actually, although the large end is too big for me but really not a problem in my opinion...very gorgeous, volumizing and lengthening effect on my sparse lashes- love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Got this in the sephora set for $29.50 with the full size mascara+artliner and mini primer. The first 2 times I used this wasn't too impressed with it and had to put on several coats to get nice long defined lashes but on third time seemed easier to use and lashes fuller+longer. Holds curl pretty well and I like the honey smell. Would repurchase this set but not individually at the $25retail price because I can get same results with less expensive mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by banjaxed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara was a huge disappointment as I love the original Hypnose mascara.

The brush is pretty good at separating the lashes and I really like that it's very thin at one end - it makes getting at those corner lashes a lot easier - but the formula doesn't seem as good as the Hypnose as I get panda eyes after a few hours!