March 2, 2015 | 1160 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by lollipopcandydrop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not a good mascara. Very dry mascara and it doesnt hold a curl, lengthen my lashes or volumize them. It seems to seperate ok but that doesnt matter when it does nothing else. Plus its so expensive. I do not recommend this at all and I definately wont repurchase it. I am actually going to return it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by makeup2love4eva

So i received a sample of this stuff, amazing. Family, friends, strangers gave me compliments about how nice and False-like my lashes were.

So....I bought the full sized product, DISGUSTING. Did not work, no length, no volume, only added a little colour and definition. Hardly any product stuck to the brush so it wouldn't even stick to my lashes without applying 5-6 coats, I'm serious.

sound familiar?....GIVE IT A CHANCE!!!

I continued using it for a week and a bit to see if it would get better as it costs $52 AUS, a lot of money. Im soooo happy with it. i can say its the only mascara i found that gets better with time. It gets thicker, and smoother and more gets on the brush.

Pros:
- Decent volume
- Super defining, minimal clumping
- Really good length
- Heavily pigmented and shiny aka. doll eyes effect
- Really good curling power, but drops slightly after hours of wear (only slightly, try curling before hand. dont curl when its dry)
- Doesnt make your lashes crunchy

Cons:
- Flakes a bit (to prevent this apply additional coats QUICKLY while still completely wet)
This mascara is volumising BUT the volume aspect isn't too dramatic. Its best for using if you want fanned out, curled, long lashes with fantastic dark, silky colour.

MAKE SURE TO ADD MASCARA ON TOP OF LASHES!!! curling it outwards and applying lightly. This makes a big different on volume and drama for this mascara. Apply coats fast as it drys VERY quickly. best to do max 3 coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by xsoinlovex

Out of all the mascaras that I have tried from Lancome, this is my least favorite. It is not bad, but its not the best. I have medium length lashes, but I am sure that if you have long lashes, this mascara would look great on you--like any other mascara would!

Things that I like about it:
-Its pigmented

Things that I dislike about it:
-Does not add length
-Does not create that "doll lash" effect, like the name describes.

I do not mind spending the money on a good mascara, but this one did not work out for me. Remember, everyone's different, so what did not work out for me, may work out for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by beccydreena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My new HG mascara!
This leaves me with beautifully defined, long lashes that don't look like I'm wearing the entire tube in one go (Dior I'm looking at you...).
I haven't noticed a single smudge or clump (or the smell) since I started using this mascara, just lovely long lashes. Buying an expensive lash comb from tweezerman seems like a complete waste now!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by snootfrack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I received a sample size and fell in love with it as soon as I used it! It makes my lashes look long, soft and glossy, and it holds a curl beautifully. The big brush takes a bit of practice to get used to but once you do it's a breeze. One layer gives you a soft, everyday look, while two layers ups the drama. I took one lippie off for the price - at AUD$52 it is not cheap. I will repurchase though, I can't fault the mascara itself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this mascara. My lashes were full and lush and had the right length. The brush even got my small lashes in the inner corner of my eyes. I would buy it again, even though it's expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually use the precious cells version and i think it's really good, I thought that this must be the same if not better so I bought it. Very strong rose smell and doesn't bother me but worries me what it might do next to my eyes...

As far as the mascara itself goes, I like the idea of the brush but it doesn't seem to work out in practise...and the mascara is very wet! I just feel like i very get enough control of the brush at the base where it's thickest and it just smears mascara on rather than combing it on properly... I have the same complaint as a few others in that a few hours later I have smears under my eyes!! Gah!! This mascara appears to smudge incredibly easily which I do not like. Unfortunately the doll eyes part is also a no no... doesn't happen! I get better results from precious cells, even if that does flake. The best so far is Clarins wonder perfect... and that stuff just doesn't budge and makes my lashes look great. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by mademoisellenicole

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I have been a faithful to the original hypnose for years. but this one, incredible but true is even better, it is just as manageable as the original, permitting you to decide your look between casual and drama, depending on how many times you pass it over your lashes. people ask where I get my lash extensions done. no clumping, no dry flies legs around your eyes, no smudging. even easier to apply than the orignal because with the new brush shape you reach the lashes in the corners easily.
smells of roses. the BEST MASCARA on the market. if you have many and long lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by SweetAgony

I love lancome mascaras and i usually get l'extreme waterproof but i decided to try the doll eyes. I love the brush it is a nice cone shaped brush that reaches almost all the lashes top and bottom. The mascara has a lovely floral scent but it may not be for some people. I liked it at first but when I started wearing it daily I realized its drawbacks. It doesnt really give volume which is ok cuz that is not what i wanted. It gives a nice feathery separated lashes. The biggest problem i had was that the formula was that it is not water proof. I can wear this all day but it does get a little flakey towards the end of the day. Then when i rubbed my eye I felt flakes fall into my eyes and sting becuase of the fragance. So over all its a 3 lippy's cuz it has potential of being good but they need to make it even better. Thats why we pay so much for a good mascara that will last all day long.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

*sigh* Another smudgy mascara... This was like an ultimate smudge-fest on my under eye area :< I hate the rose scent also, it's way too strong. I did like the brush and for 5 minutes my lashes looked nice but it smeared so incredibly fast...