November 23, 2014 | 1495 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I heard A TON about this product through different reviews and friends raving about it.

The gel consistency makes it easy to blend in seamlessly and the color range seems fair for a DS brand. This foundation is clearly not for oily or combination skin. After a few hours, the foundation seemed to build up and "swell" almost in the areas where there was oil, powdering helped to stem this slightly but it still happens.
If you have combination/oily skin, avoid this foundation. Normal to dry skin, I would expect this to be a wonderful foundation for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

Great everyday foundation, better than some high end ones I've had before it. I wear it at day time and it looks like I'm not wearing foundation, like I just have naturally beautiful glowing skin.
I would recommend this to anyone, except maybe if you have really oily skin.
For reference, the color 52 vanilla was a great match for my NC25 skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by NatN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate to say it but I don't like this foundation at all. It has sheer coverage and in a couple of hours it simply disappears from my skin. Besides, if you have a sensitive skin you may experience break outs after using it. This foundation also shows dry skin on my nose. There are lots of drugstore foundations at a low price which are much better than this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by rosielaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like this product, it produces a natural dewy finish which photographs really well. It is very watery but a little goes a long way and it feels really good on the skin. It is perfumed but I really like the smell so that doesn't bother me.
I have combination skin (oily t-zone, dry between eyebrows and around nose) and unless I keep my skin very moisturised and moisturise before applying it picks up on the dryness and makes my skin look very flakey.
It doesn't hide pimples or imperfections very well and you'd want to wear concealer with it.
I have very pale skin and the shade matches me perfectly, however the same shade (51) in the Healthy Mix Foundation is too orange for my skin. It is sheer but it's also buildable and whenever I get a really nasty spot some concealer and a couple layers are enough to distract from it enough.
I've noticed that it disappears throughout the day however I use a translucent powder on top and that keeps it on.
The bottle is a little on the smaller side for $30 (AUD) but as I said before it's quite watery so a little goes a long way. I've used it nearly everyday for 4 months and it's shown no sign of stopping soon.
I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants lightweight, soft sheer coverage as a daily foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
-stays on all day
-makes skin look flawless and it doesn't emphasise those dry flaky bits around the face
-relatively cheap = got it off asos with promo code for around AUD$13 +free shipping
-slightly dewy finish but not to the extent where you are noticeably shiny
-hygienic as it has the pump
-one bottle will last you ages. I've had it for a month yet the bottle seems completely full
-it smells really really good (smells like garniers bb cream) but its not a strong smell

Cons:
-nothing, really! Definitely a staple

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by luckyunlucky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Really like this foundation when I'm looking for something to give me a healthy look but not look like I'm wearing makeup. The coverage is sheer - I still need to use concealer to hide any blemishes or dark circles. BUT it gives a really lovely even tone to the skin and a nice dewy finish.
I wouldn't recommend for oily skin because it doesn't seem to absorb oil at all. It doesn't highlight pores or flaky patches and is comparably long wearing (not noticeably longer or shorter than most foundations I've tried). Personally, I'd rather have to re-apply if I'm going out that night but have a super natural look. Most foundations that actually last a long time I find end up looking cakey anyways. This one just disappears after a while.
I'm still using my summer shade from when I had a slight tan and now it gives a bit of color to my much too pale winter skin (I use it on my neck too) without looking dirty.
One thing to note - it is smelly! It has lychee, goji and pomegranate in it so it smells fruity. I like that, but it is quite noticeable right after you put it on. The boyfriend said "Oooh I like your new perfume" about this foundation.
I have very sensitive skin and this product does not aggravate it unless I'm already in a full fledged reactive state.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by geekyn00b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've completely used up one bottle and repurchased this twice. No clogs, no trouble removing it, very smooth, cool feeling (not minty or anything, but clean) and importantly for me, it mixes well with everything. Big fan of the air pump (huzzah for hygiene).

I love it more than Tarte's smooth operator (my second favourite), and it's not as shiney. It IS moist-looking though, so if you're going for that “dewy complexion” thing and don't want to blind people in the sun, this is a safe bet. As for coverage, I just want something to even out my complexion and cover capilliaries, and this does the trick. It needs a few minutes but cooks* in so nicely, settling into my skin without settling into my lines, and it builds well so I use it as a concealer for my eye circles too.

*Yes, everything I know about makeup, I learnt from Rupaul's Drag Race.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by littlelolaballe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally purchased the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, and frankly this foundation did not suit my dry skin at all. So naturally I was a little nervous about purchasing the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation. But I was definitely pleasantly surprised to find it had a light consistency, was super blendable and was moisturizing enough for my dry skin.
The shade range is definitely limited (more yellow toned) but shade 52 (vanille) was a close enough match for me, slightly to dark if anything but with summer and spring on the way (hopefully) I went one shade darker rather than lighter.
The coverage is light, and moisturizing, yet I wouldn't say the finish was dewy, more of a natural satin? I would tend to agree that this foundation is for a 'good skin day', but I combine this with fuller coverage foundation if any I get any blemishes etc. My skin is definitely far from blemish free, I have oily (pimply) T zone, with dry red keratosis pilaris cheeks, but I still find this foundation works for me and makes my dull wintery skin seem healthy and luminous. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a light coverage providing a healthy glow. OH and it smells a.ma.zing :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Pyxxeestyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

- VERY sheer
- not for sensitive skin
- smells weird

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by nikksters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Living in London I have an oddly hard time finding yellow-undertone face products! I feel like everything is very pale and on the cooler side. This is the only brand of face makeup I wear and it suits me PERFECTLY. I love the gel foundation because you really can't tell that you have anything on your face. I love the foundations Bourjois does as well, but I tend to wear them at night cause I find they have just the slliighhttest powder-eyish look on your face in the daylight.

No one at school thinks I wear face makeup and all comment on how dewy and clear my skin is. I wear this everyday. I don't know how I'm going to cope when I'm in America and can't get this!!