April 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jejushhh

I have pretty dry skin and I've had some nasty dry patches around my nose. Also, sometimes the skin on my nose would get so flakey and just peel off. I was looking for a foundation that won't dry out my skin even more, so I went for HM serum.

I don't use a primer, I just wash and scrub my face a little bit and put some hydrating creme before applying the foundation. It looks really natural on my face (after a few minutes when the skin absorbs it). I would recommend it for people with dry skin, because of the gel formula. It has a nice, dicrete glow, leaving your skin looking fresh and healthy and it's not heavy nor oily at all. It took me a few days to get used to it, you won't get the "mask effect" with this foundation and at first I thought it's useless because of the light coverage, but now I really like it. If you have a few blemishes like I do, you'll need a concealer, too. On the other hand, it makes blackheads on my nose nearly invisible.

I was a bit worried about picking the right shade, since I've heard that it suits yellow-typed skin more than those with pink undertones. I have very pale skin with pink undertones and I've picked number 52 Vanilla and it matches my skin perfectly.

It is a good everyday foundation for people who don't have messy skin with a lot to cover up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Lovely foundation. I am around an NC25-27 and I use the shade 52.
The foundation is around $28AUD at Priceline but I buy mine from ASOS.com for $14-18.

I have extremely dry patchy skin around my nose (regardless or how much I moisturise, use serums, the whole shebang!) and this serum can sometimes highlight patchy skin. (The Healthy Mix Foundation does not do this, and this is why I prefer the HM over the HMSerum!)

The best thing about this product is that it does not break me out. I have hyper sensitive skin with eczema around my eyes and lips. Works great to even out skin tone if you have relatively good skin. I would say it is a light foundation. Able to build up to medium but you will experience a lot of slip with the product and would have to powder to keep the shine (serum) and foundation from gliding around - if that makes sense. 2 -3 layers at the most without the foundation starting to look bad.

Does give a very nice glow to the skin! However I would not repurchase as I find the Healthy Mix does a better job and is layer-able.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by bubbagump

I bought this foundation because I had been using Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and I read that this serum foundation created a more dewy finish. For me this was not the case and for some reason it didn't do anything for me. I would definately buy the other foundation instead of this.

I gave packaging a 1 because I bought a brand new sealed bottle and when I opened it the pump was broken and I had to unscrew it and use it from the bottle so I don't know what the pump is normally like.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Bourjois own Chanel!
Nice natural dewy finish (no need for moisturiser first) Good coverage. Easy to apply (I use my Sigma F80 brush) Like the packaging and pump. Not a fan of the smell, but it's not too strong I guess. No SPF (but that means it's good for flash-photography!) Average price (approx $20 AUD) Recommend and would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by bcmllr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whenever I buy a new foundation I always make sure to look at it in natural light (by a window) in a 3x magnifying mirror to see how it sits on the skin. This was hardly detectable, which is absolutely PERFECT as it covers imperfections and corrects discolouration without 'sitting' or settling on the skin. The finish is also very natural looking as it is semi-matte even on my oily skin.

The colour (mine is 53) is slightly yellow-toned and perfectly, perfectly matches my winter skin, which is something I normally find extremely difficult as most foundations in 'my colour' completely wash me out and look too pale/white or pink.

My only negative with this foundation is the colour range - I found my perfect shade, but for very pale or very dark skins the colour range is really quite limited. Although, as the coverage is so natural it may blend into a lot more skin tones. I'm hoping that Bourjois releases more shades soon. However, I gave this product 5 stars as it's a personal review and I found my perfect colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Cleanandpolished

I bought this in Jakarta, Indonesia on my trip back home. I should have waited until I receive my swap from my friend in the UK but I was hating how the dior foundation felt on my skin. Therefore I just had another reason to get it. It wasn't cheap over here, about approx $25.
I am really satisfied with this foundation, however. It felt so light, like I have nothing on. This reminds me a lot of the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It smells so gooood... like berries! It is said to be a light coverage foundation but I think it is light-medium. it covered my discolorations pretty well.
It does not last as long as advertised. I think my foundation gets a bit blah after 6 hours of use. Touching up is always easy because the bottle is so light and so hygienic with a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by lalaapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in 52 Vanilla and am usually about NC 25-30. I thought I'd be getting 53 when I read the reviews and watched beauty guru's who have my colouring but when I swatched it, it looked slightly too dark and bit more pink than 52. I am Asian and have very, very yellow undertones and so I decided to go for the yellower option. This foundation, although yellow is not yellow enough for me, unfortunately.
It also looks really natural - Bourjois says it has a semi-matte finish and I agree, it's definitely not really dewy, but you do get a nice sheen.
This is super lightweight so I can pack this on my face (and I sometimes need to as this is a light to kind of nearly medium coverage foundation at best) and still feel like I'm not wearing a lot of foundation.
This doesn't really cover my blemishes so if you do have them, a high coverage concealer is needed. I have a lot of redness on my cheeks and this doesn't really do much for it, I have to use concealer to really cover up my redness.
I like this foundation, it is really lovely but I've got a couple of blemishes too many to buy this again. If you've got pretty good skin, I would really really recommend this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by jellyfish15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Love the foundation. I was initially adverse to using foundation because I was afraid of looking cakey and getting clogged pores. This completely allayed my fears. It gives a very natural finish and the skin looks more radiant. Coverage is sufficient to even out the skin tone. I have experienced no problems of clogged pores from using this and it is easily removed with a cream cleanser. Half a pump and application with a brush is sufficient for me, probably because I prefer a more sheer coverage. Spreads and blends easily as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by zuzziqa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite foundation along with Lancome Teint Miracle. It makes your skin glow, gives natural finish, doesnt clog pores and is suitable for dry, flaky skin as well as combination. I am NW20 an I use number 53, it may be slightly darker, but gives you a very nice healthy glow, so I prefer it over 52 Vanilla, which I also have. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this product never did any harm to it. My only complaint is that it doesnt stay more that 8-10 hours, but it doesnt oxidize, which is a good thing. Coverage is light to medium and my experience is, that is nicely blendable. I definitely recommend this product for people with sensitive dry acne prone skin, although I dont thing it will provide enough coverage for those with acne, scars or oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

I'm oily skinned and yellow toned and 53 fits me well during summer.

The formulation seems a little bit more slippery than the usual healthy mix and the coverage appears lighter, more sheer and with a dewy healthy finish. At first, I didn't like it because the coverage was light to medium, but the formulation has been a life saver over the last week or so when I've had an eczema outbreak on my face (dry, flakey and really not nice!) and I've needed to go outside. The foundation didn't highlight these spots or make therm any drier in appearance and the rest of my usual oily face also didn't look like a grease slick!