July 29, 2014 | 2162 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by TazzyC

I absolutely adore this brush! I'm a suscriber to Pixiwoo on YouTube so was really excited about getting these brushes. I use this brush to apply liquid foundation and it applies it like a dream! I tend to buff in circular motions rather than stipple and it gives a lovely airbrushed finish to my skin. I do find I use slightly more foundation when using this brush but I'm more than prepared to put up with that! I've not had ANY shedding from it and it washes well. I really like the design/colour and the fact that it can stand upright. I have quite a few of the other brushes too and have purchased another one of these as a back up! I would recommend this brush to anyone - I have quite oily skin so I can't say what it would be like on dry skin. I think the price for the quality is excellent and now that they're being sold in Boots in the UK, I know what I'll be spending all my advantage points on!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by vampiressrevenge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush to use with my cream blushes. It works very well at applying a small amount of the pigmented product and then blending it out evenly into the skin. When i first got the brush there were two or thee loose hairs, but after washing and multiple uses i have not had any more problems with shedding. The brush is very light, but a little awkward to store in my brush cup due to the shape of the handle. I will update my review when i have had it longer to reflect how well it holds up.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this brush. I had been using MAC 187 for liquid foundation. I like the 187, but it sheds terribly, I was always having to check my face for brush hairs. The RT stippling brush doesn't shed at all and is denser than the 187 with shorter bristles, which IMO makes application easier. I also like that it has a base on it, so you can stand it up. Plus it only costs $10 at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by SoCalNanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT (10/28/12)- I still love RT brushes but this one has started shedding like crazy-on my face, while I'm washing it. I have older MAC brushes and elf brushes and wash them all the same. Hope this one was just a bad batch.
I bought this after reading it on several beauty blogs (I also love watching the Pixiwoo sister on youtube) and love it!! The price is fantastic and I use it to apply my Chanel Makeup base/Bronzer and also my cream blushes. I've tried various brushes: MAC, Sonia Kashuk, Chanel, ELF. This RT is def one of my all time faves!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this to help make my Periconne No foundation give better coverage and use less product. It's BRILLIANT. Make sure you use it via the stippling method and dot it Round your face vs rubbing it in. This wi help you achieve a more HD/airbrushed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by cwetzler

And to think I have been applying liquid foundation without this brush all these years! This brush is not only a good buy but it works better than many more expensive brushes I own. I accidentally ran across a youtube video where this brush was featured and am I happy I bought it. $9.99 and looks just as good after washing as before. Plus zero shedding.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by ruskapunkkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush over 7 months ago and I never really grew into it that much. For stippling the brush is just too damn scratchy and I don't even have that sensitive skin. And if you wanna use the brush like a regular foundation brush you end up with streaks.

What I like about the brush is that the brush part is so short. It makes it stern as some of the bigger stippling brushes can be a bit flimsy. Other than that this brush wasn't any good.

I ended up buying Sigma's F50 duo fibre brush to replace the Real Techniques stippling brush. The F50 has it's own problems (shedding) but other than that it's a fine stippling brush and it costs only couple pounds more.

I hope Samantha Chapman will redesign and relaunch this set as it has so much potential and the concept is great. The excecution just stinks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I recently ordered this stippling brush from Ulta.com after having read so many good reviews about it. I have acne scarring, so the stippling technique just doesn't work well for me. It makes my MAC pro longwear foundation look caked up and streaky. I wouldn't say that I am very happy with this brush because it doesn't do a good job at blending the foundation after stippling it on. I have to use my beauty blender to blend out any streaks on my face left over by the brush. Its not very dense either and IMO it wastes product. I have noticed that 2 pumps of the MAC pro longwear are sufficient for my entire face and neck while applying with the sponge. But with this brush I was using nearly twice...and if I don't blend the foundation into my skin, the foundation will oxidize making it look orangey. So this brush is definitely not for me!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I used this brush to apply my liquid foundation, and any other cream things (blush, highlighter, etc) and I love it! Especially for foundation because I use less of it and it goes on so much better than a regular foundation brush! Also since the hairs are synthetic I don't have to be concerned about what I'm using to clean them. I love the handle. I own a couple of these and I plan on getting more. There is so much versatility and these RT brushes are great!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I use this brush to apply blush. My blush appears air brushed on my skin. Its soft and lasts when I wash it. Great brush. The only reason I'd buy this brush is for my best friend. I don't think this brush will ever tear up. Great quality