April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - 8-pan Palette "Comfort Zone"

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by melliecay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Click continued to view pictures/swatches. These pictures belong to my blog: http://melliecay.blogspot.com . Please don't steal!

This is hands down my favorite drugstore palette for everyday eye shadow.  I pack this in my traveling bag every time because of the versatility of this palette.  The eye shadows have a great range and are suitable from day to evening wear.  I'll start with the left side of the palette.  The brow bone is a beige shimmery/frosty shadow.  It reminds me a lot of shroom.  I actually swatched them together and they look SO similar!  This eyelid shade is a rose gold like color, also super pigmented and finely milled.  I've found that it's really comparable to Toasted in my Urban Decay palette.  The crease is a beautiful medium brown with shimmer.  I find this to actually be a great color for my eyelid on my NC40-42 skin when I want a smoky eye look.  And the last color on the left, the definer, is a dark pigmented brown w/ gold specks of glitter.  I usually use this color for my outer V. The right side is full of olive, neutral, greens.  The browbone on the left is a taupe like color with a hint of green.  I find that it's too dark for even my NC 40-42 to use for a browbone color, however, I think it's just absolutely beautiful on my lids.  The eyelid color is an almost golden like light green.  It reminds me of Mac Juxt, but I think that the Wet 'n' Wild one is actually more pigmented.  The crease is a very dark, very pigmented, almost black, green.  It works really well as a definer for my outer V.  And the last color, the definer, is actually what this palette is famous for.  It is a duochrome shadow that is a complete dupe of Mac's Club eye shadow.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by nolachick86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

agree with one of the other reviewers, this palette is my favorite over the UD naked palette (both 1 and 2). these are so easy to blend, great pigmentation, no duds, all colors are gorgeous, go easily from day to night, super duper cheap! just great!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by emmapybus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Amazing pigmentation, generous colour selection, full size shadows..... all for less than $5. You really can't go wrong. I only really use 4 colours in this palette, but that's mainly because I'm not a huge fan of green on my lids. The palette is worth a try, as it can yield many different looks!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by taliaghoul

I first saw this pallet on a YouTube video of a guru (don't remember which one) doing her monthly faves. She only swatched the 2nd one on the left, but I knew I wanted this pallet just from seeing that one swatch. I found it at Walgreens for $4.99 and when I looked at it I saw the bottom right color. I was so excited to see if this color was the same as my favorite eye shadow color of all time (urban decay, Lounge) which was recently discontinued. And guess what?! It was :o) I am so happy that I have almost an exact dupe for my fave color. I even think I may like the WW color more than the UD, just because of the formula, the WW is creamier and has the teeniest bit more of the green sheen and a tad bit less of the deep red color than the UD Lounge. Either way, I have tried every color in this pallet and I love them ALL! I will repurchase, probably within the next week as I know how drugstore makeup brands tend to be very seasonal on their selection and I don't want to run out.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Believe it or not, I am now more in love with this palette than *gasp* my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette! Yes, there. I said it. It's true! The pigmentation is impeccable and more that I could ask for in a drugstore brand that costs so little but with twice as much product, twice the pigmentation, twice as good texture that its higher end equivalents. The colors are very wearable, both as a day time look and a night time look. I keep this baby in my bag and it stays there all the time because I know I could have endless combinations to my look whenever I use this. There is no color that is a dud or looks off. One of my favorites, and I know people who have reviewed this will agree with me, is the duochrome "Definer" color which is the dupe for MAC's Club--impressive to have in a drugstore palette. I will buy this again and again, even only for that color.
Update: I have repurchased this palette mainly because I cannot be without it. I have it in my vanity and in my makeup bag and apart from that, I have backups because I don't know what I'll do if they decide to discontinue this. For the longest time my HG neutral palette isWNW Walking on Eggshells--practically what I wore to school for a good year. But it's been replaced by this because apart from getting a similar trio on the left side of the palette, you get a couple more shades to mix up the look. Hands down, the best palette out there in my opinion.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

This palette is the absolute perfect neutral palette. The colors are soft and apply easier, blend great and are super pigmented. You won't go wrong with the palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I find it unlikely that I will ever need to repurchase this product because I don't use it frequently, and each color is incredibly pigmented, so I never have to use a lot, but in the even that I do need another one, I would definitely repurchase.

This palette has 8 shades, 4 neutral, 4 green-based but still useful for everyday wear. All shadows in this palette are shimmery and could be used to create a soft look or a dramatic look. I appreciate that each shade is labeled, and there are directions on the back of the palette to show where to place each shade to create different looks, which would be helpful for beginners. The colors are all very pigmented and very soft, and I experience little to no fallout with them. The darkest shade is a lovely brown/green duo-chrome, which gives a nice effect on its own or with the other shades. Overall a very useful palette. My one complain about all of the Wet 'n' Wild permanent palettes is the lack of matte shades. Luckily Wet 'n' Wild offers a couple of lovely matte single eyeshadows which are very inexpensive and can supplement any palette. Also, the price for this palette vs. the quality is exceptional.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh frabjous day - these are now available in CANADA!!! I've been wanting Comfort Zone ever since discovering how great the new Wet n Wild Colour Icon shadows and palettes are (I've got Brule, Nutty, Silent Treatment, Walking on Eggshells, Lust and Vanity...several of these I have in multiples so I can keep one in my gym bag). Now, I'm pretty much an avowed department store/higher end junkie (MAC, UD, Too Faced, Chanel) but I was mighty impressed by the quality of these WnW shadows, particularly in light of the insanely reasonable price. But my understanding was that the 8-shadow palettes were strictly a US Walmart exclusive so I'd given up on getting one of these. Well, the other day, I was picking up a prescription at my small, neighbourhood pharmacy (which has always had a small WnW section) when, to my amazement, there were all THREE 8-pan palettes. I grabbed Comfort Zone (the other 2 didn't interest me at all) and home I came.

I love this palette. There are dupes for so many MAC and Too Faced shadows (Club, Vex, Mulch, Ricepaper, Label Whore, just to name a few), but these shadows are all darned terrific in their own right. They are pigmented as all heck and apply smoothly and even the darker shades (the "define" one on the left, for example) don't have any fallout if you give your brush a good sharp tap or 2. I don't bother following the suggestions regarding where to place these (today, I've got a browbone colour all over my lid, for example) but they are helpful if you're new to makeup or you're in a rush and just don't want to have to think. These are great, earthy neutrals which, combined with other shadows you might own, make for a world of wonderful, wearable looks. My only "gripe", if I had to find one, is that the crease colours aren't matte - I'd have loved for the crease shade on the left to be matte. You could travel quite well with just this palette, though my understanding (not from personal experience, thank goodness) is that most of these WnW shadows can shatter quite easily, so that might be a reason not to travel with these. But quite honestly, for anyone who really believes that you can't get good quality and pigmentation in inexpensive, drug-store eyeshadows, who believes that somehow the "quality" (as a long-time user of MAC, I use that term advisedly) of MAC, Nars or Dior shadows is inherently "better", give your head a shake because these shadows (and many others from WnW) are every bit as good as the higher end brands. Sometimes, you do actually get MORE than you pay for (and, sadly, sometimes you get less with the costly brands!)

I am so happy that this palette finally became available in Canada, so all you "Janie Canucks", be on the lookout for this. Not sure it's at WalMart here - I got mine at a small Dell Pharmacy. For $4.99, you can't go wrong.

UPDATE/DUPE ALERT: I took this palette with me on my last trip to Sephora. I've been wanting UD's Cobra shadow but was concerned that (a) I'd hardly ever wear it as it is quite dark and I'm a bit old for this sort of look and (b) when I first swatched it, it seemed potentially to be a fall-out laden problem typical of so many of UD's shadows - lovely to look at in the pan and beautiful when swatched but almost unwearable because of the glitter. Anyway, I took Comfort Zone to test the "crease" shade on the right against Cobra and to my amazement (and that of the Sephora SA) they were identical. So I passed on Cobra (bought something else instead) and I'm delighted to have a more wearable dupe (not as much fallout) at an economical price.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No other drugstore brand makes colors like this, period. While I found a lot of them didn't work for me that well (not surprising, because I wear boring eyeshadow colors) they still were completely gorgeous when tested. This is definitely the better of the two of the 8-pans I own, and I won't be buying the blue set.

The packaging sucks a little (some of my pans have chipped when I very rarely take this in a bag) but is very reasonable for the price.

For people who love dynamic, unusual shimmery colors, it really is a must-have. You would probably pay quite literally 5-10x the price of this product at Sephora for a similar collection of colors.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hesitate to write this review because I've seen nothing but raves for this palette, but my experience with this palette is nothing like the reviews I've read so I'll write this just to diversify the kinds of reviews out there. The pigmentation of this palette is superb and for that I give it credit.

However, and you knew there was going to be a 'however', no matter what kind of eyeshadow brush I use (I also tried the included sponge applicator) to apply these with I always get tons and tons of fallout. It's actually kind of amazing how much fallout there is with these eyeshadows I've never used anything before that will cover my undereyes and upper checks with this much powder. I've also noticed how the four darker shades on the lower half of the palette are extremely powdery and even when I try to delicately touch my brushes to them a lot of extra powder gets kicked up and gets all over the other shadows (it's so annoying when the light highlighter shades get dark shadow all over them).

In terms of the colors offered I think the four shades on the top of the palette are good neutrals. The shades I think could work for both warm and cool, but I think the colors are most suited to neutral to warm toned skin. I'm not crazy about the three darker colors on the bottom of the palette (excluding the lowest right color/the MAC Club and UD Lounge dupe) these seem different in the pan, but swatched and and on the eye the differences are fairly subtle which was disappointing.

I think for the price these are worth checking out, perhaps I got a crap palette that shouldn't have gotten through quality control or something. I don't regret getting it, but my experience with these are that they have major fallout issues and are way too powdery.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No