August 23, 2014 | 1806 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised about how good this product is considering how it's a drug store product. It lasts me a long time like a long time. From 9 am to 5 pm, this product is still on my face. When putting it on the face, the powder creates this weird wet/damp feeling after applying on my face hence the 'aqua' in the name. I think Revlon made it so that it's meant for dry skin. It also has medium buildable coverage. For the drugstore mineral foundation, it's not bad at all

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by LynnieK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I saw this product and I hadn't seen any advertisements for it but I wanted to try it immediately. I usually use Colorstay liquid in nude and love it. I was hoping this would be a quick version of the liquid that I could swipe on in a hurry when I'm just doing a basic make up look. I prefer a medium/full coverage foundation as I have redness on my cheeks that is tough to cover. I bought the Colorstay Aqua in light medium.
When used alone (just over moisturizer), this product is so sheer it didn't even look like I had applied anything to my face, except some shimmer. (I tested the product on my hand and the shimmer seemed ridiculous but when applied to the face, I don't seem to notice it too bad, but I'll have to get someone's opinion when I'm outside in the sun.)
The brush provided with this foundation is decent quality but it isn't good for applying the powder so I just used a kabuki.
I will continue to use this foundation but it will be over my liquid Colorstay to set it. When I use it this way, I find I can use a bit less liquid foundation and the powder does add a bit more coverage. I would use it this way for days I'm at home or just going downtown and just want a bit of makeup on my face in a hurry. For a fuller coverage, I'll have to stick to my regular foundation routine.
If you need any kind of coverage from your foundation, this is probably not for you. If you have naturally flawless skin (I wish) and just wanted to add a little something to your skin, you might like it. For me, I will not purchase again, unless I end up loving it over top of my liquid Colorstay.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by elle82004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually quite like this powder and I'm EXTREMELY picky about my skin looking like real skin and not a cakey mess! I basically use it as a setting powder over my tinted moisturizer. It does contain very little shimmer (sparkles, if you will...) but I can't even detect them in broad day light, only when I put a bit on my finger and look right up close. It feels so cool when applying it to my face, and just keeps the oilies at bay and gives me a bit of a luminous finish! Overall I'd buy this again. Those who want medium to full coverage I'd probably not recommend this to you. :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm the one who sent the pictures of this to Nouveau Cheap's blog, and after a week of contemplating, and a long and miserable week, I decided to buy this and give it a try.
First of all, it claims "instant hydration with a flawless luminous finish".
It does feel "cool" when you apply it, but I find it doesn't have much coverage.
Also, what is up with Revlon and shimmer lately? This does contain fine shimmers that give you a luminous finish, but if you try to build up the coverage (which is hard), you'll end up like a disco ball. BUT you can only see the shimmer if you're in a well lit place. For me personally, I hate being super sparkly because I have big pores, so that is a big turn off for me (although I should have guessed from the "luminous finish", oh well!).
Packaging. It comes with a small brush that is attached to the lid of the container. The brush is not that bad (in my opinion, I'm not an expert on amazing brushes though...), it's like a small foundation brush; it's soft, rather dense, but it does pick up a lot of product.
The container, like any other mineral foundation, contains a sifter. But no matter how careful you are, you'll end up with a lot of product sifting through. Which is another thing I don't like because powder just flies everywhere.
Price wise, I got this around $11 and it is 0.35Oz/9.9g, which isn't too bad.
FOR ME, I wouldn't repurchase again. Just because I don't like the shimmer, packaging (the little brush I like though), and the lack of coverage. This is just my personal opinion, I think it would work great as a highlighter though, which is - most likely - what I will end up using it for.

edit;
Also, the colour selection for this is really poor. I think in total there are about 5 different shades? The one I chose is 'light'. But to be honest, you just something that is relatively around your colour because the coverage is so sheer. Just make sure to blend it out a bit and you should be fine.

I will edit once I use this more!

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No