July 29, 2014 | 1558 users online

Concealers - Collection 2000 - Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I get dark under circles usually, not too dark but something I still want to cover up, and I didn't want to keep using my MAC one everyday because it's pricey. After watching lots of Youtube beauty gurus recommend this I went to superdrug to buy one, I got the Dark shade because its best for my NC42 skin and WOW! The coverage is excellent, the shade match is also really good, its comparable to my MAC concealer! I could not believe how great this concealer is, and for under 5 it is a bargain. I will continue to buy this because its so good for everyday wear, creases a little but stays on all day. My new HG drugstore concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG! I didn't expect to stumble upon an HG concealer. I have awful dark circles and the beginnings of bags around my eyes. The coverage is truly amazing and I have never been particularly impressed with any concealers (Laura Mercier, Becca, BeneFit Erase Paste and Boi-ing amongst others). I do not see any darkness and the bags are pretty well concealed when I use this. I am roughly an NW15 and I used the shade fair. I usually do not favour the wand concealers but this has totally changed my mind. Although my undereyes are prone to dryness sometimes this is not cakey and does not emphasise any dryness. Totally recommend this product. Who would have thought it possible to pick up an HG product for only 4.19!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great concealer for its price.
Provides good overage and a good colour match.

It cakes a little, the applicator is useless; I dab it on and buff with my stippling brush and it does not blend well with BB cream but it is a great cheaper alternative.

I use this with my Estee Lauder Double Wear daily and love the results for the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by robynlee94

Anyone know the ingredients to this product? I couldn;t find it anywhere and I think it's causing me to break out. It covers wells and the colormatch is pretty muc perfect. But there must be something in tis that is causing my skin to get these cystic acne bumps. Which is a shame becasue it works wonders otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer to use for my prom night and for going our afterwards, this concealer is great. I used this concealer for under my eyes and a few blemishes and is worked perfectly, I got none of those grey splotches you get from covering a blemish with just foundation. The best part is, most concealers light up in photos exposing the areas you've concealed but this one is perfectly seamless in flash photos.
There coverage is full and it is dirt cheap, the packaging is very, very simple but does the job.
Overall I highly recommend this concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by elisaleigh1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love makeupalley but have never felt compelled to write a review before- this product changed that.
I have a lot of fine lines around and under my eyes and have found it hard to source a concealer which is thick enough to cover my purple under eyes shadow bags but not accentuate my fine lines and dry skin.
This is that product. So creamy but such good coverage. I tend to put it on and blend it in immediately, then check back in 10mins and work it out of my creases (even very very expensive brans settle in my creases so this is my normal technique for all under eye concealers). Works like a dream!!!
I am very fair but the lightest shade was too light even for me. Ended up getting number 2 and it is perfect! (thank goodness as there was no sampler!).
I feel like going back and buying all their stock just in case they discontinue it.
And even if you're uncertain, it's really worth a shot for the price. You will thank yourself!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by wellardo

This concealer is actually amazing. I suffer from blemishes, dark circles and acne scarring, and this concealer covers everything very well. It didn't cause my acne to flair up at all, although it did fade after a few hours. Fortunately, it's small enough and blends well enough that I can keep it in my bag and touch it up if necessary. Just a really good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really into this concealer and it was my go to for a while. Then sadly I read the ingredients list properly and realised it had cyclopentasiloxane in it which always upsets my skin. So sadly I've had to give this away and start the hunt for something else. Price and wearability wise this couldn't be beaten. Bloomin cyclops:(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by prinny076

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Just a bit of background- I have combination skin, dry cheeks, oily nose and forehead. I am prone to large painful blemishes on my chin, occasional congestion on my forehead, and flakiness on my cheeks, though all of this is pretty easily covered.

Just to get a few practical gripes out of the way first- I think the packaging could be better. When you screw the lid closed a line of concealer appears around the seal, which can make quite a mess. I also find doe foot applicators a little unhygienic when it comes to concealer, as the temptation is to pop the product directly onto your skin/under eyes/blemishes and blend away. This will spread germs around your face, so avoid this manner of application! I just swipe the product on the back of my hand and work from there.

Another issue is the colour selection (not for me as I'm quite pale) for those with darker complexions. I feel the range of colours is just not broad enough.

Anyway, onto the actual product itself!

I want to stress firstly that you have to know how to get the best out of this concealer. It is a great, inexpensive product for those who want good coverage, but like many concealers, it does have its limitations. However, hopefully these tips will help you to see how wonderful this concealer is when used to its strongest points.

So, the first thing I'd say is that if you have dry patches like me, exfoliate/moisturise those bad boys until the cows come home! (Well not quite as emphatically as that or you risk damaging your skin!) But seriously, it is essential that you prep your face properly before applying this concealer. The smoother your skin, the longer this will last on it, so get red of any flakiness you have or risk seeing it set on, and emphasise, your dry spots.
Secondly, if you intend to use this in the eye area, again, proper moisturisation is key. This is one of the product's strongest aspects for me, as it is fabulous on dark circles and as a base for eyeshadow. It also does not settle into lines, or crease over time. I tend use my fourth finger to gently press the concealer into my under eye area and eyelids. Make sure you get right into the corners of your eye and under the browbone too, as this is fabulous at highlighting those areas to give wide awake eyes!
Probably the most important part of a concealer is how it looks on blemishes. Honestly, this is great. I'll reiterate that you have to accept its limitations, because it cannot cover protrudent spots (though what concealer can!?) but notice that it will cover post blemish redness, scars and discolouration easily. I get a bit of product on my little finger, and pat it over the area. If I need more coverage, I simply conceal any other areas whilst it dries, go back to the blemish and repeat the process. The coverage is not affected by oiliness or weather, so it really stays true to its name here! (Having said that, I don't have the oiliest skin, so I can't speak for its durability on acne prone or very oily skin) It is however, buildable should you want to touch up throughout the day.
My final pointer is to work quickly with this product, because once it sets, it SETS. Occasionally I have actually had to get more out of the tube because I just haven't applied this quickly enough and it has dried on my hand. If it does this, wipe your hand as quickly as possible or you'll have an unsightly concealer mark on there! (This isn't really an issue with the product though, because if it's going to last that long on my hand, it's definitely going to last on my face!)

So, it can take some time to get the application right, but once you do, this concealer works wonders. Having said that, you might have wonderful skin that doesn't require my methods, but for those of you who do have trickier skin, I hope my tips will work for you too! I must also add that despite needing these nuances of application, they still don't warrant me giving LPC any lower than a 4 lippie rating. The longevity and durability of this concealer simply outweighs any 'bad' points. It is also astoundingly affordable- you can get two shades for under a tenner and mix them to get your perfect colour!

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer is a great product that, while having its drawbacks, is so cheap and effective you can't help but love it anyway!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by xLivingDeadGirlx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm in love with this product! It's the only concealer I've found that covers my under eye circles perfectly and it also helps cover the odd red blemish. I use the lightest shade (Fair) which is perfect for my pale skin - most other concealers are too dark or too yellow. It has a creamy consistency and isn't too thick or 'sticky' as some liquid concealers can be. The only negative is that the print on the packaging rubs off far too easily, but it's a small price to pay for such a great item!