July 31, 2014 | 1281 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by bobbysoxxer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation because I was sick of my make-up fading in a couple of hours. MAC Pro Longwear definitely lives up to its name: it lasts for hours, plus it evens out my skintone beautifully. The packaging looks nice and is easy to use, but does get dirty easily so I keep it in the box. It takes a long time to blend and it's impossible to do without a good quality brush. I also find that it highlights my dry patches a lot, around my cheeks and nose, which makes my face look cakey. That said, because of its staying power and the fact that it hides my redness, I would probably buy it again.

Edit: I recently started exfoliating my face and there is a big difference between the way this foundation looks now compared to before. It now looks very even and natural. So if you have dry/combination skin and want to use this, get a facial scrub!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loooooooove this foundation. I have been on the hunt for a really good foundation for a long time. The thing that really makes this awsome is how longwearing it it which is something i always look for in a foundation. I lasts all day, barely any transfer, and no blotchy patches where it wears off. I have tried revlon colorstay but i was greatly disappointed by it since it ddid not give as much coverage, and broke me out a little, and there arent enough yellow undertoned shades (24 hour formula)

ok back to prolongwear now. The coverage is muedium but buildable to full. My skin has been getting a lot better so i do not need as much coverage. It dries fast which is actually a good thing in my opinion because i like get done with it as fast as i can. The finish is matte and natural looking. It doesn't look cakey AT ALL and it looks great all day. I don't get oily on my chin or forhead and just a tinly bit of oil shows up on my nose since it gets so oily

People with normal to oily skin will benfit from this foundation. Dry skin girls really have to moisturize well before using it. I love this foundation and it was worth every penny

EDIT: 10/5/13
Had to take off a lippe because I realized that the color does not match as well as i thought it did. I have medium-dark, tanish yellow skin (the best i can describe it.) My skin has very very strong yellow undertones (i don't have jaundice though....) and many warm toned foundations have yellow and reddish pigment in it, making it look orange on me. I used NC-45 and i find that i have this problem with Studio Fix. I love the formulas of both foundations but i can't wear them alone because the color is off. I like to mix pro longwear with sheer glow. I get a nice blendable formula, great shade match, and i get the long wearing formula of pro longwear and natural glow from Sheer glow. PERECT

EDIT:1/2/14
So I still have the issue with this being a little less yellow than I need it to be, but another porblem is that this looks AWFUL in flash photography. it gives a very strong white cast when flash is used (more so whne you use flash in a room thats a bit dim) Looks nice in sunlight, but I wouldn't dare use this foundation on a night out when you are bound to take photos

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by daniellemr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this product when I first bought it, but after awhile i noticed how yellow it was! I'm an NC30 so I knew it was going to have some cool tones to it but it was just too yellow. The people at the counter assured me that this foundation was a god send for people with very oil skin, and that is just not the case. I have extremely oily skin. 20 min to an hour with powder and my face is already melting off. Having oily skin and having the foundation be too yellow equals a whole lot of oxidation. Four hours in and it looks like I've had a brutal fight with a spray tan. For the price of $30 + I expected a lot more. The only reason im giving it a 2 is because if i take the extra time to mess with the foundation its semi decent, also the foundation is build-able. So If I'm going out for a quick dinner with friends I'll put this on without having to worry about it, but if I need a foundation that will last all day I'll skip over this foundation, and just use my much cheaper revlon colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Claudiaco

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this product, have not used another product like it! It lasts all day! 10am till 10pm with complete and full coverage! I can't describe how much I love it. I have oily/combination skin and it does not make me break out. I just add a pressed powder on top and I'm ready to roll!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After being matched incorrectly to an NW (which looked extremely odd and was almost ready to give up on Mac) I finally found the NC35: Honestly, no other brand has any match for my skin better than Mac. The Prolongwear was the first makeup I got for them, and I loved it. It didn't really stay all day (which is why it got a lippy off...) but it has better staying power than most I have tried, apart from the ELDW which is the best for me. But I love the glow it gives my skin without looking oily, and I can live with a blot during the day! It also doesn't seem to sit on my pores, which is a great relief! i would probably buy again, above all for the colour match...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by jarrah

I don't know if this is my HG Foundation but i know for sure it's my favorite new shade.
lately, my skin tone's been changing throughout the year more than ever. Too dark in summer, too pale in winter. but now I found this amazing new shade that suited me perfectly (NC25) even though I've been an NW since forever.
- Not too yellow, not too orange, just perfect.
- Medium cover but buildable
- suits my oily - combination skin without any breakouts
- lasts all day
Just remember to exfoliate and use a good moisturizer 10mn B4 you apply this foundation.
it could get a little cakey and/or might emphasize the size of pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by emilyamour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My new favorite foundation! I got this a month ago and i've been using this every single day. The coverage I would say is medium, but also buildable up to in between medium and full. (more towards medium though) This really does last all day, and i'm not as shiny as i used to be, plus i don't have to set with a powder. At the same time, this doesn't accentuate my dry spots that much (it does to a certain extent, but come on, it's foundation.) I love that there is a pump, *plus* a lock, which is really great for traveling so the foundation doesn't pump out into my makeup bag. I have this in NC30. My one complaint is that the shades are a bit orange. Nothing too extreme, because it does look normal when blended properly, but there is an orange undertone to it. I think i might pick up NC25 and mix it with my NC30. Overall, I really recommend this foundationm especially if your foundation wears off quicker than you'd like.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by rakk87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Pro Longwear. I recently switched from powder (Studio Fix) to liquid, and Pro Longwear was the best choice. I originally tried Studio Sculpt and found it way too cakey and full coverage. Pro Longwear is medium, and is super buildable. I 100% recommend applying this only with the MAC Duo Fibre flat-top brush.. stipple first then buff in small circles and it seriously looks just like second skin, so natural ! I first put on a little bit of lotion, then a pump of Prep+Prime Primer (staple), and then after the foundation I top it off with a light dusting of my leftover StudioFix powder, but will end up purchasing the Prep+Prime Setting powder when that is done. Love this and get so many compliments on my skin/makeup... and im a total liquid-applying noob! The bottle is also super clean, the nozzle locks/unlocks by sliding over, so no messy caps.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by rhazim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a Lancome Teint Idole Ultra girl for 2 years...but with my combination skin and oily T-zone, it just wasn't cutting it for me anymore.
I'd always heard Mac products are quite heavy and pore clogging, but I was desperate for perfect looking skin, so I took the plunge and switched to Pro Longwear. NC35 is the perfect shade match for me, and with a little Blot Powder in Medium/Dark in the morning, I find I don't have to touch up AT ALL. This is miraculous!
Despite initially suffering a small breakout while my skin adjusted to the foundation, it was all worth it...no transfer, perfectly matte, lasts a good 12 hours. I have found my HG foundation and i'll never look back.Thank you Mac!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The product itself is great, if you can find the proper color for your skin.

Pros:
- buildable medium to full coverage
- controls oil (I don't usually have to blot mid day!)
- long-lasting (even in the water, working out, etc.)

Cons:
- can be difficult to apply evenly because it dries to quickly
- oxidizes probably a shade or two darker and more orange so I found it difficult to find an appropriate shade (I had purchased an NW25, then an NW20, NW30, and finally I have ended up with NC20 and NC25! Each time I bought this product I had an associate try it on me, and suggest the shade, but because it oxidizes so much, you can't really see if the color will work for you until a few hours later!) and I never found a perfect match, I always had to mix colors together and still couldn't get it right
- a lot of wasted product because of the packaging - hard to get out of the bottom of the bottle

I finally found a perfect shade with Lancôme, and will not waste anymore money on mismatched MAC foundations.