MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 9/11/2013 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bloody awful stuff goes on thick & you've got seconds to work it in before it dries into a chalky mess not to mention the colours are just a total mess I'm normally a nc25 but that made me look seriously orange just way to dark. so They suggested i tried an n18 that was just as bad! If you have fair skin do not touch these foundations with a barge poll unless you want to be an extra on towie! It does stay on which is also unfortunate as its just Horrible horrible stuff, also it settles into any fine lines you might have and makes them look 1000% worse, so disappointed :( will stick to nars in future they never let me down

on 9/10/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is pretty much a godsend for oily skinned people out there. It goes on like a liquid and quickly dries and plasters itself onto your face for hours. This has been the only foundation so far that prevents my face from looking like an oil slick halfway through my work day. Eventually it will let oil shine through, but I am a one application woman and for my needs it totally exceeds my expectations.

The only con is that you really need to work quick with it, and probably apply with a foundation or stipple brush so that you get even coverage. I use NW20/NW25. My skin is medium with yellow, peach, and olive undertones and this worked better for me than the NC shades.

The coverage can get to full also. I have freckles and when I wear this foundation they are well covered.

on 9/10/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Bought this the other day, and while it looked great under indoor lights, today I am wearing it for the first time in my office (which has a window), pulled out my mirror to check my makeup and my face looks ORANGE! Many other reviewers have commented on this and I will be taking it back. On the plus side, it is more comfortable feeling than many other full coverage make-ups I have used. Am very disappointed in the "orange" problem because it feels good on, as if you are wearing a light coverage rather than full coverage makeup.

I have worn revelon for years and just felt I needed better coverage and longer lasting makeup (one that looked good at 9am and 9pm!) and I found that in the Mac long lasting foundation. I have worn it about 3 weeks now. I had the lady match my color and feel like it is a true match! I realize I will need lighter for winter and don't mind paying $35+ for it since it goes on so great and lasts so great! I work out at night and come home after a workout and still think I could dab a little powder on and go to the store without being embarrassed that my make up is oily or off! I have moderate melasma (treating with Obagi) and this foundation covers so great! Won't wear anything else from now on. Totally satisfied!

on 8/27/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been on a hunt for a good foundation after using Revlon colorstay for more than two years..I wanted to try something different and I was really leaning toward trying a MAC foundation since everyone I know raves about mac products! But I didn't know which one to get!So I did my research online and went to the store and tried a few on my face, I use NC 20...I loved the look and the feel of pro longwear on my face, my face is normal/oily in the summer and dry/normal in the winters.. :S I luvv this foundation on my face, it doesn't make my face dry or oily, its perfect, and it doesn't feel like you have makeup on your face, it blends in beautifully, I apply it with fingers and sometimes I do it with a brush...its buildable, depending on how much coverage you want. And yes btw...I went to three different MAC stores before I got this in my shade, they had all run out...goes to show how popular this foundation is!

on 8/21/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG! I love this foundation sooo much <3333

Im going to go to college soon so i wanted to try something out before hand to see if its easy, fast and perfect and let me tell you...YESYESYES!!
I apply this many ways(never my fingers) usually, my real techniques expert face brush or my coastal scents flat top bionic kabuki brush and the results are flawless!

I have:

Uneven skin tone
Some freckles
VERY BAD DARK CIRCLES

So this foundation is perfect! Its medium to full coverage and looks so natural when its blended in with a good brush. My skin looks like $1 million and flawless! I top it off with my mac minerlize skin finish in natural and i look like a celeb!

I got so many compliments on my skin that i lost count!

on 8/20/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation! One of my two jobs is to be a nightclub hostess/dancer so it can get hot and sweaty (little too much information haha) unsuprisingly, so I do need a heavier coverage to avoid it sliding off my face an hour into my shift. I did use this at first as an everyday foundation but found the coverage may be too heavy for my liking so used half an amount of this with either a more thinner texture foundation such as Dior Skin Forever or Loreal 'Lumi-Magique' so my face looked like it had a flawless look yet more medium coverage. I knew it had done its job well at the club as fellow colleagues were amazed at how well my foundation had stayed throughout the night!
I also found my shade did go a little orangey but when I mixed a little of another foundation it blended well to make the perfect color.
I would reccomend, and is good for its price of 24.00, as a girl who wears make up on a usual everyday basis it is well lasting.

on 8/19/2013 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Great lasting power but really orange :(

on 8/18/2013 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Not a huge fan of the finish of this foundation, but I think it more than makes up for it with its amazing staying power. My ultimate test was when I put it on at maybe 9am ish, worked a 12pm-8pm shift, and went out afterwards, and it stayed put until maybe midnight (or until i removed it). Impressive! I do find the finish quite dull, since I have dry skin. Just something about it doesn't make my skin look amazing like other foundations may. The colour does oxidise, and I find I easily look orange, with the shade nc42, but nc 40 is too light for me. Overall, an good foundation, if you can find your right colour.

on 8/15/2013 8:32:00 PM

I went to MAC looking to compare the Pro Longwear foundation with the Revlon Colorstay foundation. I found that the NC 20 had me looking completely orange by the end of the day. The pores on my nose looked terrible as well-- and I don't have big pores. In the end, it was the Revlon Colorstay foundation that won. Not only did it have my color shade, but it actually stayed in place longer than the MAC Prolongwear.