August 1, 2014 | 1908 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer is wonderful, and I love that it is a gel rather than a lotion or cream because it doesn't make my skin look greasy. It is light, cool, and refreshing; very nice for summertime. However, this stuff has denat. alcohol, which is known for drying out skin. Why on earth they'd put that in a MOISTURIZER I'll never know. So I can't use this when my skin has it's dry spells from my acne meds/creams. Other than that, it's very nice stuff, and it's oil-free (yay! unlike the UV lotion of the same product line as the last person mentioned). Very affordable, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jasminese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite moisturizer to date. I really enjoy the cooling cucumber effect and the gel formula. It absorbs super quickly and moisturizes and quenches my dry skin. I don't mind the jar, it actually feels very high end. However, it's not very travel-friendly. Once I run out of this, I most likely will purchase the whole line.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by LdyNRd

Great product. Doesn't feel heavy on your face or without any residue. 24 hr hydrating gel feels refreshing on skin and leaves iit soft. I don't mind the packaging, which comes in a jar form, you just have to make sure that you wash your hands before you stick your fingers in there. Would purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by laurenmn

I don't like the pot. It's just not a good hygienic idea. But I do like the way it moisturizes without breaking me out, a miracle on my dry oily acne-prone skin! I do have to use it twice sometimes but not usually, and it absorbs super fast, which is lovely. A little expensive but I literally only have to touch my fingertip to it and spread for a moisturized face, sometimes once or twice but not usually.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by absregan21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Phenomnal product. I swear its shrinking my pores more and more everyday. I have to add a little extra moisturizer on my dry spots(which is why I only gave it a 4/5) but for the most part this is a perfect daily moisturizer. Since I only use it on myself the jar doesn't bother me for sanitation.

Can't wait to see what this does for me the summer to keep my skin in balance!

Overall is a wonderful product that you should try if you have normal to oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this during the summer when my skin isn't that quenched for moisture. But in winter, this product doesn't do much justice on drier areas like my forehead and chin. Recently, I discovered that its great to mix a little bit of this with liquid foundation for a translucent gel tint :) (Though I honestly can't say for the fair skin tones, it might give the foundation a green tint, but I'm not sure).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. I used to have really oily skin in my 20's and the start of my early 30's and now at 34, my skin isn't as oily or breakout prone and I find this moisturizer really keeps it in balance. It works great to cool down my red cheeks (which I have developed in the place of acne for some reason) and as a base for my foundation. I wish they made this in a container other than a jar but other than that, I have no complaint about this product and would purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by jakay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As someone with extremely oily skin, I thought this moisturizer would be perfect for me. I'm sorry to report that it isn't; far from it, in fact. I like that it's nice and light, which is great for those of us with oily skin, especially during the warmer months. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything at all as a moisturizer. In fact, it dried my skin out (due to the alcohol content, I assume) and made it even more oily. I can't speak for everyone with oily skin, but if my face doesn't get some moisture, I've found that it will become exponentially more oily. Considering this and the price (a little steep for a drugstore brand), it's unlikely that I'll ever recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by onlyonelifexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am extremely picky when it comes to moisturizers. I have "extreme" combination skin to oily skin, meaning parts of my face can be extremely dry while most of my face is extremely oily.

This product is a TERRIFIC base for makeup. No doubt, though this gel-cream moisturizes, it will not heal the dry areas (I use the Aveeno Clear Complexion Moisturizer to clear my dry areas). But because this product is so lightweight, it is perfect as a moisturizing base. It does not make my face look "caked" after I apply my foundation and it provides the moisture to keep my skin moisturized and looking healthy.

I use this product every day as part of my daily routine. 1. I apply the Garnier Moisture Renew Gel-Cream. 2. Aveeno Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF 15. 3. Revlon ColorStay Foundation. 4. Maybelline Matte Powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by chaneal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I reallyyyyyyyyyyy wanted this product to work for me but it didn't help at all. I bought this because I heard it was a great moisturizer for oily skin because it's lightweight but still gives you good moisture. It did not do anything for my skin, my skin was just as oily as it was without this product. I love the scent of it and the glass jar is nice but I will definitely not repurchase this.