April 19, 2014 | 1786 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Rockz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell is nice, cucumber-y and fresh, the packaging is cute and doesn't dry out the wipes. I'm more of a regular milk/foam-cleanser type of girl, but I wanted to give this a try, because I love the YTC-line.

I wouldn't use this for heavier make-up, because these wipes are too light for that kind of thing. Though, if only using this for a refresh/light make-up removing, I would recommend it.

Unfortunately, my sensitive acne prone cheeks, couldn't handle it.
It turned red. And couldn't get all of the mascara off (didn't want to risk my skin, by scrubbing)
I do like to use this for refreshing other parts of my body, like neck, forehead, hands, arms.

A tip for keeping the wipes wet: make sure that the top is upside down, that way, all the moisture is going to ''sink'' , and when you turn it upside down again to open the lid, your wipes will be more moist.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by sremmers123

I love these wipes. I'd never used any of the 'Yes To...' products but as I was looking for a new facial towelette. I believe they were about $5.99 for thirty towelettes. The fact that they're natural made me feel even better about about buying/using them.

I used these all over my face to get off my makeup. They do a pretty darn good job! I don't experience any type of burning sensation around my eye area, and I definitely do have a sensitive eye area. That being said, everything is different for everyone, but these are my go-to facial wipes. I tried the ELF ones, and they don't measure up to these whatsoever.

They seem a bit pricey for facial wipes, but they're great quality, work amazing, smell delicious, and are nicely soaked in product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are my favorite facial cleanser wipes around. They smell so good, they feel cool and refreshing, and they don't burn my eye area! I will repurchase these until they cease to exist, which, hopefully, will be never!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by dyzio11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off, this product isn't very good for removing eye makeup since other reviewers have said that it's pretty harsh and makes their eyes sting. I personally have never used it around the eyes, only on my face, and it feels AMAZING! It doesn't leave behind an oily/greasy residue that other facial cleansing wipes do and it feels so refreshing on my skin.
The packaging does its job well. It has an opening and then a flap underneath that to keep the wipes more moist and fresh. The flap has a phrase on it that says: "Wipe that smile ON your face," and it's a really cute added bonus.
On the downside, I'm not sure how I feel about the smell and that's why I took away a lippie. At first, it's a really nice, refreshing cucumber scent but then it fades into almost a hospital-like smell.
But I am still going to continue buying these just because of the really nice refreshing feel of them on my skin and because price-wise they're very cheap and affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by snarkywench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I am NOT a regular wipe/towelette user. When wearing makeup I usually use Purity Made Simple with a few drops of olive oil & a facecloth. If no makeup, I generally use just warm water & a facecloth. All that said, I am lazy every now & then and that's when I reach for a pre-moistened towelette product.

I've used Ponds & Olay and didn't care for either of them, they left a sticky feeling on my skin, didn't remove even half the makeup and were a bit scratchy feeling.

On to the YTC...
The first thing I noticed is the scent; a refreshing cucumber with a hint of floral, melon & apple. Yum! Theses are a nice thickness and wet, not dripping but nicely soaked. I like to really work my face, so the towelette has to be able to stand up to it and these did, unlike the ponds which I have torn.
I was wearing a lot of makeup today, full face including TFSI & 3 coats of mascara. Very little face makeup came off on a cotton pad with ACV toner afterwards and these cloths did a great job at removing all of my eye makeup. I was pretty surprised as I really thought I was going to have to use a 2nd cloth. These are about average size to slightly smaller than other towelettes.

There was a very slight residue left on my skin, not sticky, just something there. So I did splash the face with water & patted dry before using the toner.

The only real negative to these for me, is that I did notice a burning sensation right below my eyes & nowhere else. I'm not overly sensitive there afaik. For a product that claims to be soothing (one of the reasons I decided to try them) there really shouldn't be a burning sensation.

I bought the travel pack of 10 towelettes for $2.99
The standard peel up/resealable packaging should keep for quite awhile.

I would buy these again even with the slight under eye irritation since they are the best I've used so far for removing makeup. I don't plan to use them every day since I still prefer the Philosophy.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of these, even if it is a little strong, and the packaging with plastic flap is very good, keeping the wipes moist til you reach the end of the pack. The Eco friendly aspects of the wipes are also a plus. I find these adequate if you're wearing a light amount of makeup. They do fine on my mascara and eyeshadow. They leave skin clean and fresh with no residue. Unfortunately for me these are just a bit too drying. My eyelids felt parched after using these. With continued use I noticed my skin getting flakier. Now this could be two things for me: it is either plain dehydration or my seborrheic dermatitis is acting up with these... I suspect it's the dermatitis as it is happening in my oily t-zone. Either way I have moved on to try a different makeup remover wipe. My skin is combination, acne prone with some sensitivity.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I first tried these at Ulta. The SA saw I had swatched eyeshadows all over my hand and arm so she gave me one of these to take it off. It took of all the eyeshadows easily and smelled so good that I ended up buying a pack at Target. It was $6 and came with a free SPF 15 lip balm so it was a good deal. Unfortunately, these just didn't work for me. I used these every day for about 3 weeks to take my makeup off. I started noticing a lot of clogged pores along my jawline and couldn't figure out what was causing it. I eventually quit using these just to see if it was these and the clogged pores went away. This surprised me considering I always rinsed my face after using these. Besides that, these don't take off even non-waterproof mascara or eyeliner. They irritated my eyelids too. These smell great, are natural and biodegradable, and I love the packaging but I can't recommend these.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these! I have bought so many high end and low end skin care products over the past year, and this has to be my favorite hands down! I never thought a makeup wipe could be so beneficial to the skin, but these take the cake. Since using these I have not had any breakouts (save for a pimple or two near that time of the month). They have made my skin glowing and soft. I have even noticed a difference in the texture of my skin; it just looks more even toned. Also, they are very soothing and you don't even have to use moisturizer after these (and this is coming from someone who is prone to dry skin). They take off every trace of makeup, including hard to remove mascara. I don't understand some reviewers saying these burn their eyes because they actually soothe the area around my eyes and don't burn my eyeballs at all (and my eyes are usually super sensitive). Everyone is obviously different though, and sometimes organic skin care products can cause allergic reactions to some. Either way to top everything off they are super moist and the packaging is wonderful as there is a plastic lid attached to the package. My skin type since using these in addition to the moisturizer from this same line has changed from dry-sensitive to normal! The price for these is right and I will repurchase over and over again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by rollinspowersauce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

It removed all of my makeup easily (I regularly wear gel eyeliner and it cleaned that off with no problem) but as other reviewers have said, it did burn my eyes. After using these wipes, the redness in my skin had been brought out more and my eyes were irritated and stinging. I was very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by citygirl123

I really disliked these wipes. I don't have sensitive skin, but these burned my eyes like crazy! I had to stop using them because my eyes would water and get really irritated underneath (like, where you would put concealer). Totally weird.

I didn't think they were that great at removing make-up, either, sadly. I have it two stars because I adore the smell. I just wish they performed better and didn't burn my eyeballs out.