April 20, 2014 | 1669 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The smell this foundation has is lovely, and the color I got was a great match for me. I'm just not impressed enough by this to repurchase, especially with how tricky it is to get my hands on in the US. I will definitely use it up though. One thing I dislike about this foundation is the lasting power. I have dehydrated skin with a semi-oily tzone, and I can't even get this past the 4 hour mark without breaking down and looking cakey. Maybe it's my application. If I find a way to get this to work, I'll update my review, because the initial finish of the foundation is gorgeous.

Another plus-- the pump on the bottle is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by ketus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite everyday foundation so far. I try out new foundations from time to time, but always get back to this baby as the one and only :)
It covers enough (for me), skin looks really healthy and youthful with it. Shade 51 light vanilla fits me perfectly and I looove how this foundations smells! Amazing product among drugstore foundations and definitely worth trying ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ThePinkAlligator

I have 3 bottles of this and I love it! I have fair-medium skin that is prior to being uneven (sometimes red in areas) but this foundation gave my skin great coverage and as I don't have very many spots/blemishes makes my skin look close to flawless. At lot of people said this has a strong smell, but i really didn't notice any particular strong scent. It covers small pimples that haven't broke to the surface yet, but after they've reared there ugly head it doesn't cover spots very well, but that's what concealer is for I guess! The only negatives (which is why I gave it a 4) is that I can sometimes find the pump doesn't always get the foundation out very easily. Also, I found it quite expensive for a drugstore/lower end foundation, but would definately advise this to people with reasonably clear skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by bubbagump

This is one of my favourite foundations ever. If I hadn't of done some research on foundations I would never have found it and no one that I know has ever used bourjois foundations. I'm currently using MAC face and body foundation but i'll probably go back to Healthy Mix when I've finished the bottle. It is as effective as a high end foundation but for a reasonable price. I think the coverage is great and the finish is quite dewy which is the finish I always want.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is hands-down the best high street foundation I have ever used, and is probably in my top five foundations overall. The finish is semi-matte and the coverage is medium-full. I think I expected this to be much sheerer, but I prefer a fuller coverage so this was a very pleasant surprise. I have a lot of acne scars and I do still use concealer over this foundation, but it cancels out most of my redness and makes concealing much easier. I then set it with powder, but it doesn't leave a sticky or dewy finish like a lot of foundations so I find I am using less powder than usual. I find it easiest to get a good finish with this foundation using my fingers, but I have also had good results with the Real Techniques buffing brush.

I think that the USPs of this foundation are the lasting power and the colour range. I usually get some separation on my oilier areas after a couple of hours, but this foundation lasts all day long. It does get a bit dewy on my chin towards the end of the day, but it never goes patchy. As for the colour range, I have this in the lightest shade (51) and the second-lightest (52). I use 51 when I am not wearing false tan and 52 when I am, and on the days when my tan is fading I mix them for a perfect match. I have never found a match for my untanned skin on the high street before (I am probably nc10-nc15) so this is great. I haven't really looked at the colours on the opposite end of the spectrum so I can't comment on the options for those with a darker complexion.

I have already repurchased this twice, and I think it is the most affordable foundation available for my skin type. If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive foundation with good coverage that works well with oily or combination skin, I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by puppymoomoo

This is my favourite foundation of all time (followed closely by the serum version). It is light-medium coverage, buildable and does not cause breakouts. I either use my fingers or pat it on with my palms and it gives the most natural finish. Never cakes nor does it make my combination skin look like an oil slick. I also love the packaging and pump which are very nice for a drugstore foundation.
I've received so many compliments about how amazing my skin looks. For reference I am NW15 and use shade 51. Have repurchased many times and will continue to :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by niamhsheahan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. After trying out many foundations that were targeted for oily skin, I was still getting oily after a couple of hours and my make-up looked really cakey on top of that as most foundations for oily skin have a thick matt look to them. They are nice when first applied but I don't like how they wear. This experience brought me to trying out the Healthy mix foundation. Although this product is targeted to leave a healthy glow on the skin, (most oily skin girls nightmare), when powdered it leaves a nice natural look on the skin. This product has a strong scent, which is gorgeous, but it didn't break out my sensitive skin. I love the packaging as you can see exactly how much you have used and you get every bit of product out. Through out the day, this wears lovely and almost becomes one with my skin. It looks like I have naturally gorgeous skin. It does tend to get shiny but I blot my face and all is good. For the price (I paid 14 at the drugstore), this product is brilliant and I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I finally finished my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation and was on the fence of repurchasing it or trying another foundation from this line. I made the decision to try the Healthy Mix Foundation and am thrilled and in love with it. I got the same shade in 51 and a fabulous match to my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15. Compared to the Healthy Mix Serum Gel, Healthy Mix provides more coverage (approx medium), is creamier, sets to a satin almost matte finish, and longevity of wear is far superior. This foundation doesn't look cakey, heavy, or oxidize on my skin, plus no issues with clogged pores or break out. Definitely a winner and repurchase for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

I have been trying to get my hands on this after watching so many makeup tutorials rave about it.

Here is what I dont like:
-Very scented
-formlua is not moisturizing enough
-chalky on my skin and makes me look older- thats enough of a reason for me not to want to use it.

Search continues....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Chemikalische

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Good coverage and the palest is a great colour, being quite pale myself. It smells great and makes your skin feel super soft.