November 26, 2014 | 1017 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Kakibot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I always used Mac NC15 foundations as my no. 1s, but during the last year my studenthood started being a bit harsh on my wallet so I decided to explore the waters of half as pricey Bourjois foundations.

Healthy Mix is currently my top used one - their lightest shade is perfect for my pale skin tone, giving it enough healthy colour but not a heavy coverage. It's easy to put on, not too streaky even when I am in a rush, and usually stays looking good most of the day. I am not used to re-applying my foundation during the day and this one gives me the luxury of not having to start with it.

It has a nice dewy finish, which makes me think I might need to switch to a more matte one this summer, also it's probably not a good choice for people with oily skin. Mine is combination and during the cooler months (which, here in Scotland, is most of them) this baby works perfectly. Also it doesn't leave my drier parts of face flakey, it feels quite good for the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by angelababyT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have got 53 (i use nc20), matches me good, its light in texture and last a few hours, it does not have SPF in it so i use it during night out (when Im not using MUFE), if i need to use it in the morning, i will apply sunscreen first then healthy mix. its an affordable good quality foundation. lasting power could be improve by using a primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by jenny7085

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i did not like this foundation, the coverage was very poor and after a couple of hours it made my skin very streaky and dry, i would not recommend this foundation. i was looking for something to bring out the glow in face, this foundation did do so but not in the way i wanted

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by laiwah28

I've bee using Mac NC25 for years. When the prices went up I decided to try a different bourjois because of the price and the reviews.
I bought shade 53, its not as yellowy as I'd prefer as I have oriental skin. However its defiantly a good close match. It feels light on my skin, and it is a subtle dewy effect, medium coverage. It lasts a little around 5/6 hours for me without powder (but I do have a oily t-zone), where as I got a few more hours with Studio fix.
Personally I think the apricot smell is pleasant and at £10 I will buy again and don't see the need to try other brands.
My only downfall is that because its a lighter coverage I go back to my Mac Studio fix for a night out.
Hope this helps xo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by rachelk94

This is an amazing foundation! This would have to be the nicest texture and foundation I've tried. It applies beautifully and never looks cakey or thickly layered any excess wipes off. Smells of berries and leaves skin moisturised. For oily skinned people i would recommend powder over the top as it can be a bit shiny. I am shade 51 and will definitely be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by AeraMarS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hands down this is my HG foundation!!! I apply it with my beauty blender or mac 188 and I absolutely love this!! plus my dry skin adores it! First of all this does not dry out my skin which is rare because almost any foundation I try just sits on my dry patches.... (chanel vitalumiere aqua, vichy aera teint, armani maestro). So... the coverage is medium-light and the finish of this is a kind of dewy but not greasy.... It just looks like your skin in a better more radiant version... I use the shade 51 and it matches perfectly..(i'm nc15). But except the nice coverage, finish and color match of this product... the thing I love the most.. Is that when I remove my makeup.. it makes my skin look better... glowy and kind of moisturized. I don't know how this is happening with a foundation... Maybe you'll think that I'm stupid or something... but it's really happening! Maybe the fruits this product contains... work well with my dry-sensitive skin. Thank you Bourjois!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Smiler90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:

- Very glowy
- Made my skin feel smooth once applied
- Medium coverage
- Smells nice

Cons:

- Shades could be better, my shade 51 Light Vanilla (lightest colour option) I still had to blend down the neck & chest which I do anyway due to never being able to find a perfect match for my pale skin. Also found it to look a bit orangey, a thin layer looks best

- Does not last very long on me at all, after an hour or two of wear, it started to look terrible!

- I now have boil like, painful spots, I noticed them coming through within a day of wearing it :( !! I tried it for a few more days in case it wasn't the foundation, but I have now had to stop using it.

Overall I would not buy this again due to it breaking me out & it not lasting long enough.
The breakouts - I do have sensitive skin so maybe for "normal" skin this would be fine? Not so sure this would work for very oily skin as it is extremely "glowy"

So sad & annoyed, there's another £10 down the drain & I will continue my search for a great foundation :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by nguyenviethoa95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best foundation I have used so far. My skin is very oily and my skin tone is not very bright.
But this creates a very matte finish to me, no cakey, no greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tinks13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far I'm enjoying this foundation better than the original Healthy Mix. I found the original to be a little bit more matte and too dry for my skin. This one is supposedly hydrating and I would agree with that. I use the shade 55 and I'm about a MAC NC35. The consistency of this is a little bit more runny too, it's kinda like the Revlon Nearly Naked only I feel it gives a little bit more coverage and isn't as dewy, it's more skin like :) but I have found this with all Bourjois foundations. This one doesn't have as much coverage as the Healthy Mix Serum but again has that similar not-too-dewy-not-too-matte skinlike finish to it. I would say this has a bit more coverage than a BB cream. It feels light on the skin and looks great, this is definitely gonna be my foundation for summer whilst Healthy Mix Serum is definitely more for winter. It has good staying power, looks natural and is super afforable at £9.99! I'd definitely recommend!

Also, I'm not going to pretend like I know how this would work on a oily skinned person but my sister has oily skin and this looks even more flawless on her than it does on me so don't be put off by 'hydrating'.

Plus if you find that it looks too pink or beige or orange, try applying it with fingers. I find that applying foundation with fingers helps from enhancing the undertones of the foundation. This may have something to do with the warmth from your fingers blending the foundation properly into your skin so that it does not stand out. I found that after several ways of applying it this was the best although it does look a little bit grey around my chin area where I'm slightly darker but it's nothing that a bit of bronzer can't fix.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
Really like this foundation! Found out that it wasnt actually the foundation but rather the moisturiser I was using underneath it. The coverage is light-medium buildable depending on how much you put on. Personally, I use about 2 pumps , but sometimes 1 if I want to spot conceal/focus on spots. I found that the staying power is pretty poor, even with setting powder, but it does help. Keep in mind that I do not use a primer under this at all, just QV lotion or cetaphil moisturiser depending on my mood.

I even asked my mum if she could tell I was wearing foundation and she said NO! What a pleasant surprise! Most of my foundations she could clearly tell.

Overall, great product.

*For reference, I wear shade 54 which is a tad but dark but due to the blendability, it isnt too stark against my chest.

The
I bought this after reading all the glowing reviews For it. Unfortunately I broke out within 2 days of using this... I think it may be the fragrance, but I dunno for sure.