December 22, 2014 | 963 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by CandyClouds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not going to rave about this foundation like a lot of other reviewers here. It has its pros and cons but let me just first say that I have combination oily acne-prone skin that needs a lot of coverage and this is not the foundation for it. My skin is more oily when I use this as opposed to when I don't use it so I think it's better for dry to normal skin types and for someone who doesn't need a lot of coverage. However, there's a lot I like about this. It has a very nice scent, feels really fresh and light when you apply it and it leaves your skin looking dewy and healthy. It blends very easily and doesn't break me out which is awesome. Not sure how long it lasts because I always set it with a powder, definetely not 16 hours as it claims on the bottle but for 6-7 hours for sure. I bought the shade 53 which turned out to be to dark for my skin tone but that's not Bourjois fault. So just to sum up let me list the pros and cons:

PROS:
-feels very light and fresh on the skin
-blends easily
-leaves your skin looking dewy and healthy
-smells amazing
-light but buildable coverage
-good packacing, very practical pump bottle (the cap gets a bit dirty but I don't mind that)
-lasts for a good amount of time with a powder on top
-doesn't break me out

CONS:
-not the best foundation for combination to oily skin types
-doesn't provide enough coverage if you have acne/acne marks
-slightly expensive

Overall, this is a good foundazion for someone who is looking for a light to medium coverage with a dewy finish and for someone who has dry to normal skin type. If your skin type is combination/oily/acne-prone and you need heavy coverage, stay away from this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation. It has quite a scent to it when you apply it, and it's a nice scent but it certainly like 'oh hello there fruity tango.' The colour is a tiny bit yellow but it is quite nice as it counteracts my redness nicely rather than being too yellow. It has quite good staying power and if you can get it on sale is one of the best affordable foundations around... Or one of the best foundations around generally! I am going to try the serum version now that I have used up a bottle. I am very pale and shade 51 works pretty well for me with a bit of blending. Definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by perrier

Wow. I've tried so many foundations and this bests them all hands down. Most foundations either highlight dry flaky bits (GA Maestro), leave me greasy (YSL TE), are too yellow (NARS tinted moisturiser), don't last (Rimmel, Stay Matt) I could go on and on....I'm between a NC 20 and 25 and 53 is a perfect match. Goes on smooth, covers imperfections, not too heavy, looks natural, good lasting power. I'm never using high end foundations again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by lara90

I have the Serum version also, for my combo skin, but the color of it is too yellow and it really gets oily on my t-zone. This one is much better, and it treats my horrible dry nose spots wonderfully and doesnīt make them even drier, like most other foundations do (just for that it gets a five). The color really blends well into the skin, and itīs a little too dark for winter me so itīll be good for the summer. Coverage is great, I donīt like too much coverage and itīs about medium but buildable. The finish is a little dewy but not so much that I have to powder my face afterwards like with the serum.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wonderful smell and overall great product, it slides on and spreads really well and stays on all day (around 9 hours for me).

If you are pondering on it, give it a go! it really is great :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is lovely. Really good coverage, but still natural, sheer and blendable. It gives a bit of a dewy finish but not too much shine. I've tried a couple of the others in the range, but think I'll go back to this one, once I've finished the serum version.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Kakibot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I always used Mac NC15 foundations as my no. 1s, but during the last year my studenthood started being a bit harsh on my wallet so I decided to explore the waters of half as pricey Bourjois foundations.

Healthy Mix is currently my top used one - their lightest shade is perfect for my pale skin tone, giving it enough healthy colour but not a heavy coverage. It's easy to put on, not too streaky even when I am in a rush, and usually stays looking good most of the day. I am not used to re-applying my foundation during the day and this one gives me the luxury of not having to start with it.

It has a nice dewy finish, which makes me think I might need to switch to a more matte one this summer, also it's probably not a good choice for people with oily skin. Mine is combination and during the cooler months (which, here in Scotland, is most of them) this baby works perfectly. Also it doesn't leave my drier parts of face flakey, it feels quite good for the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by angelababyT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have got 53 (i use nc20), matches me good, its light in texture and last a few hours, it does not have SPF in it so i use it during night out (when Im not using MUFE), if i need to use it in the morning, i will apply sunscreen first then healthy mix. its an affordable good quality foundation. lasting power could be improve by using a primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by jenny7085

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i did not like this foundation, the coverage was very poor and after a couple of hours it made my skin very streaky and dry, i would not recommend this foundation. i was looking for something to bring out the glow in face, this foundation did do so but not in the way i wanted

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by laiwah28

I've bee using Mac NC25 for years. When the prices went up I decided to try a different bourjois because of the price and the reviews.
I bought shade 53, its not as yellowy as I'd prefer as I have oriental skin. However its defiantly a good close match. It feels light on my skin, and it is a subtle dewy effect, medium coverage. It lasts a little around 5/6 hours for me without powder (but I do have a oily t-zone), where as I got a few more hours with Studio fix.
Personally I think the apricot smell is pleasant and at Ģ10 I will buy again and don't see the need to try other brands.
My only downfall is that because its a lighter coverage I go back to my Mac Studio fix for a night out.
Hope this helps xo