October 20, 2014 | 2093 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Impulsive purchase before I checked with MUA for some feedback and reviews. This is one of the top five worst m/u purchases in my life. The colour was very sheer and the texture was greasy and waxy. Creased so badly despite applying primer as a base and using regular eyeshadow over top to attempt to set the colour. Great idea by CG, but badly executed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by elizabethlee

I picked this up because it was on sale at CVS. I got the green/bronze color. I thought it looked really pretty. I thought I'd give it a try. It looked great on and blended well. I was happy with the results until I looked in the mirror about 10 minutes later and saw nothing but a greasy lid and all of the color in my crease. I took it off and thought that I would try it again, but with a primer. Same result again. I've tried using this as a base for powder with the same results. There just doesn't seem to be anything you can do to make it stick. It's a shame because I really liked how it looked besides the horrible creasing problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by nonnen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great idea... but just doesn't work the way it should. I love the idea of a jumbo eye shadow pencil. It is easy to use, the coordinating shades are nice (I got the blue). But the finish is a weird, waxy consistency that just won't stay put on my oily skin (I wonder if it would on anybody). I really like the shades of blue, somewhat shimmery, and if it applied as a powder, it would be amazing. But it's not. Hopefully, they rework this one and try again!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by maybemaybenot

I should have never bought this but i tryed it. It SUCKS. theres NO color payoff from it and the first time i tryed it the thing broke, its greasy and creases bad. I wish I could get my money back for it. DO NOT BUY THIS. The one I purchased was - Purple Plume. Its a pretty color but it dont come off like that on my lids. I will not rebuy this it sucks bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ashalicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i used this as a shadow primer instead of for its purpose when i didnt have a shadow primer but thats what i found a good use for it. most stupid thing i have ever bought

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SouthernBelleAdele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was on major sale at CVS.

This product comes off your eyes within 15 minutes and is very hard to blend. It's not very pigmented either. I tried it once, looked like crap, and returned it.

Do NOT buy this!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by 361giggles

Okay so im not really all that good at blending eyeshadows or making that really sultry smokey eye. So when i saw this eyeshadow on tv i knew i had to have it. When i first opened the cap to one side the little eyeshadow came out and broke in half. That should have been my first sign that it sucked. but i sucked it up and put it back in. When i applied it it went on smooth and blended pretty well. For awhile i actually thought this might work. It wasn't until about 5 min later that i looked in the mirror and saw that it creased really bad and started looking really greasy. I tried to apply another coat and blend it but truth be told it got worse and just wiped off what i had left of my first application. Save yourself the trip and do not buy this. Especially for the price of this thing, you would expect more.

My Verdict:
SKIP IT DoLLS

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by intercitykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy. Crap.
This has got to be the worst purchase I have ever made. It's so horrible... I am just baffled.
It's greasy, goes on unevenly leaving patches of nothing then a patch of greasy colour. The colour is weak. Barely shows up. But if you go over the same spot twice, it removes everything. It doesn't blend at all. I would liken the result to that of a football player with those black grease lines. Not pretty. After my 20 minute drive to work, it was ALL in the crease and my eyes were glistening like I had coated the lid with olive oil. I touched it to try and put some of it back into place... big mistake; my finger took it right off and I was left with greasy lids. ....all this after using primer.

The packaging is cheap. The tips of each end are apparently designed to go on well... but instead they are just a huge pain.

I really really hope they will take this crap back. If they don't, I'm just going to throw it out.... not even worth keeping.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I could of saved my self a trip to Target if I had just read the reviews for this product. Anyway....saw the TV commercial and just had to have it. The packaging is cheap and there would be no way to re-sharpen the two ends back to original shape. The coverage of the product is very sheer. and , worst of all.......30 minutes after application.......a big nasty crease of balled up color on my lids.....oh well, at least I got to have Starbuck's when I returned it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked the idea of this, and I got the bronzy one. The color part is super light and barely shows up on me, and creases like a mad dog, and the liner smears immediately and isn't really very dark, either. Tried this twice, it wore off in an hour both time and now it is in now my giant toolkit form home depot in which all the failed items I waste money one reside.