April 18, 2014 | 1969 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have recently rediscovered mineral MU. Having a lot of imperfections to cover, I never thought MMU could possibly cover my flaws. In the past, it didn't, but I think I was using the wrong brushes and MMU. I have used BE & LM - both of which are WAY too heavy and greasy on my oily face. I have also used EM, but was looking for something with a little more coverage yet more lightweight. Didn't think it was possible until I stumbled across Lucy's Minerals.

It's very finely milled and has pretty darn good coverage! It also feels weightless on. I just swirl swirl swirl using my many different brushes and I just layer it on. I ordered the samples - I think I am a light medium shade and my skin tone is neutral w/ a hint of yellow (I'm Asian) and in MAC I am like an NC25. Either way if the shade isn't right, I usually mix 'em up to get the right shade. I use LM MMU as a guide since that shade seems to match my skin nicely. I also purchased the oil controlling powders and it controls my oil nicely. Bottom line... I'll never go back to liquid makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by luvnewstuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The other reviews here give all the product info so I just want to add my experience. I have used minerals for almost 20 years now. Started with Bare Minerals, moved on to Jane Iredale and have used Everyday Minerals for the last 3-4 years. As my face gets older and product lines change, or don't change, I have always been able to find another lines that did the job. Lucy Minerals is so much more than just doing the job...it makes my skin look GOOD! In reading these reviews I couldn't wrap my head around a "creamy" finish mm but now that I have this fantastic foundation I would agree it does have a creamy finish. Even at 50 I still have an oily t zone so I use the OCC finishing powder over my hourglass primer but under the Lucy foundation. Finish off with a light extra coat of OCC finish on the t zone only and I end up with a glowing yet very NATURAL looking face....the OCC has totally normalized the oil so I don't have the slick in the middle anymore. It also has the coolest effect on my blush, I have never mastered the blending for a really natural looking blush but applied over the OCC finishing powder does it for me, hard to explain but a real bonus....and on my skin it feels like nothing, not dry or tight or slick, just like I don't have on any makeup! My male hairdresser told me yesterday that I looked happy and rested...the only difference was Lucy Minerals. Also had a dental appointment yesterday and the same hygenist who has seen me for 20 years said right away to me, "you look good today, like you are well rested and calm, can't really put my finger on it,". Neither of these people have ever said anything like that before so I have all the confirmation I need that Lucy is what hasbeen missing in my face collection! Any of u minerals ladies out there less than totally satisfied with your current product need to give Lucy a try. Samples are generous and inexpensive, I found a match in my first batch of 3.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Fast shipping, great coverage..I only need a small amount for coverage, GREAT PRICES ON KITS!! I just bought a full size foundation and finishing powder for $20! best make up I have ever used. Beautiful! I have acne/scars/large pores..the full load of facial flaws and my skin was just commented on how beautiful it is. WOW! I can't stress this enough. Also, I have oily gross skin, and this lasted all day. Only blotted once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited as you can see :D

P.S. the samples last awhile, and have fantastic packaging!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Spikesmom110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been trying my different mineral powder foundations for the last few weeks to figure out which ones I like and why. LM definitely has the best coverage, using the least amount of product. I even used a big fluffy brush instead of a dense flat brush and got crazy good coverage. I didn't want to take a star off for this, but be careful not to overdue it as I am a little cakey around my nose. A blotting paper took this right off though. I just ordered a few more samples before I get the full size. I went to the site and noticed the new oil control formulas so I am going to give those a try. I also ordered the lightest shade and a darker shade to experiment with highlighting and contouring with it. I can't wait!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by aryana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This may be my new HG foundation! I only wear mineral foundation on a daily basis, and have tried many brands. This brand intrigued me because of the promise of better coverage and the antioxidant ingredients. I wear Light Olive in Everyday Minerals, Illusion in Urban Decay's Surreal Skin mmu, and Honey Girl by Mixology minerals. After playing around with the samples a bit, I've found that my perfect Lucy Minerals shade is Creamy Bisque; this is great for skin tones like mine, which are light with some yellow/olive undertones, but not really a *true* olive (try Creamy Olive or one of the other olives for that).

This is definitely the creamiest MMU I've ever used, and it does cover very well. Today I mixed a tiny drop of my facial oil blend (not the Lucy Minerals brand, though I know she carries one too) and mixed it with some of the minerals, and this made a nice concealer that gave me even more coverage, which I needed for some hyperpigmentation and to cover my under-eye darkness.

My skin is very acne-prone and this has not broken me out at all, and covers hyperpigmentation well. The only mmu I've tried with more coverage is Mixology Minerals, but Lucy Minerals has a better color match for me, is more affordable, and wears better throughout the day. It looks very natural and does not accentuate pores and other flaws like some MMU can do.

I'm very excited to place a full size order and try more of the products from this line. I especially love that the mmu contains antioxidants and vitamin C :) But there is also a "light" formula with just the pure mineral ingredients and no extra antioxidants for very sensitive skin. I've mostly been wearing the OCC (oil control w/ calcium carbonate) formula, and it wears quite well throughout the day. Now that I know what my shade is, I'll have to try it in the original and silica formulas as well to see which works best for me.

Annie is a great seller with wonderful communication :) I love that you can buy very generous sample sizes for just $1.50 (and they come in jars if you live in the US, not plastic baggies!) I've become familiar with her website, and she also has monthly and weekly specials with amazing deals!

Very excited to have found this fantastic, very affordable MMU line. I definitely recommend it, especially to ladies with sensitive and/or acne-prone skin who need heavier coverage but still want to look natural.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by lizzified

Best foundation I've ever used <3

The awesome, quality ingredients in this mineral foundation seems to calm my skin and takes away the redness in some sensitive spots.
Last ALL day without smudges, creasing and is also waterproof as evidenced by my running in the rain!
Does not highlight and enlarge pores. When used together with the finishing power and ultimate buffer brush, it really is a mini miracle for my skin! Absolutely HG :)

Btw, for SWAP: creamy bisque (with silica) for golden medium as creamy bisque is a touch too light for me. Full-sized.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by sjthornton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ordered several samples from Lucy Minerals to check out shades, plus a blush (Petal). Such a great product! It does seem to have a creamier consistency on my face, unlike Bare Minerals which sometimes gets in the creases of my 50-year-old skin. I also use less of Lucy than of Bare Minerals for better coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely foundation for those who use mineral powder. The silica formula seemed to accentuate my pores, and I didn't find the calcium formula any better than the original, which does look beautiful on. Unfortunately, I seem to be allergic to one of the ingredients common to all three, because I wind up with hives on my face. But for those less allergic than me, this is a great choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by mdmason

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a brand new Lucy Mineral customer & I LOVE the product - and the customer service - HIGHLY recommend Lucy Minerals -

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Lucy Minerals is a fabulous mineral foundation infused with high quality ingredients & antioxidants. The Original Foundation formula looks and feels very soft and natural while giving wonderful coverage. It's so lightweight - feels like you are not wearing foundation. The Oil Control with Silica Foundation (OCS) formula works pretty much the same as the Original Foundation formula on me.In regards to which formula works best for my oily, acne-prone skin, large pores on t-zone; the Oil Control with Calcium Carbonate Foundation is my favorite. Calcium carbonate is an excellent addition to mineral makeup for those of us with oily skin. As I've noted previously, oils from our face can cause colors to morph over the course of the day, and because it's alkaline, calcium carbonate is an excellent oil absorber. Color will remain true throughout the day and not morph into something due to environmental stresses or skin oils. Excellent absorbency and excellent color retention for people with normal, oily, or darker skin. This is where calcium carbonate excels. Lucy Minerals Foundation is so concentrated that I need to start with a tiny amount & then add a little bit more if needed. Ingredients: zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, calcium carbonate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple PolyŽ polyphenols, trans-resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate.
My skintone: fair complexion with yellow undertone
Laura Mercier Mineral Powder #Soft Porcelain, Lancome Ageless Minerale #Natural Ivory 10, Lucy Minerals #Pale Olive, Meow #1-Sleek Manx/Angora/Abyssinian, Alima #Warm 1, Everyday Minerals #Golden Fair/Olive Fair, Lumiere #Light Golden, Monave #Paula/Claire.
continued >>