September 30, 2014 | 1575 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:32:00 AM More reviews by lilisabeast

Not worth it. UDPP and TFSS are great and only about $18. This is something like $26 and not good at all. It creases within a half hour, it does nothing to increase the color of your shadows, and it actually drys out your lids to the point where its red and raw and it hurts. So not worth the money, even if it were half as expensive it wouldn't matter. I would not spend a dime on this product again. Bad bad bad!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by dddsmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a joke. I tried SDS on it's own after my shadow creased while wearing this so-called primer. And guess what, even with no eyeshadow on it creased. I ended up with SDS in my crease. Not the look I was going for.
I would NEVER repurchase this with their "recipe" as it is today. The only way I would consider it again is if they reformulated it-completely! And even then, I'll read the MUA reviews first;)
Save yourself the headache and look elsewhere. There are a number of better primers out there and I do mean a big number!! Like every primer out there today!!!

P.S. I tried to give this a 0 but, I was forced into 1 lippie:I

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by becj

Packaging is definitely a fault on this one--the pump distributes waaay too much product at a time.

That said, this primer works wonders with drugstore eyeshadows. My revlon looks amazing for 12+ hours when I use this stuff. However, when I used it with a NARS eyeshadow, it totally creased straight off. Go figure.

I'm very pale and disagree with comments about the primer not matching skin. If you pat it in, it's not noticeable...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

BeneFit has a bad habit of making products in a verrrry limited range of tones. And since I am not Crayola Peach, this won't work on me at all. BUT, if I was, I still would have little use for SDS. The pump is messy, the smells is off-putting, and the mattifying aspect lasts for a short time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by masa_inn

They might as well call this primer "Please, do crease!"

Because it does. Granted, I live in Atlanta, that is not exactly shadow-friendly city (hot/humid); but I never had problems with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. With SDS I got not only your regular, conventional - horizontal - creases but vertical as well. This is the biggest achievement of this primer. Shadows start to crease (badly) in about 3 hours.

I read in other reviews to use a tiny dot only... And I did - pretty much with the same results. I also think that primer is supposed to be convenient to use. Aka I just slap it on my lids without thinking if the dot is tiny enough.

Bottom line: I am happy I got a sample of it. Not going to buy a full size, obviously.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, ok, the packaging can make or break peoples' decision to repurchase this product: faulty pump = wasted product = wasted $$$! So, I'll leave that up to you whether the product itself is worth the hassle...

Barring the packaging, I really like this product! This is the first primer I've ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to. I have oily lids and have a problem with my eyeshadow disappearing and creasing after two hours of wear. But I do NOT have that problem with this stuff. When I first tested this out, I checked out my eyes throughout the day, and what I found was that this primer didn't suppress my oil, but instead, let the oil come through WITHOUT melting or moving my eyeshadow into my creases! AMAZING! I tested this out for a week, and day in and day out, same effect! I would apply this at 8a and 15 hours later, still there! There were a couple of occasions that there was MINIMAL creasing, but that happened at hour 12/13... Um, that's fantastic for me!

The texture of this primer is almost like a liquid powder - it's not smooth like liquid foundation. It dries pretty fast, so you'll have to work quickly to spread it, but I've found that if I apply a little at a time, that seems to remedy that. It dries to a smooth, powdery finish, has no shine or tackiness to it either. I also do not apply any concealer over it. It is just a great primer. I'll reserve HG status until after I at least try UD's Primer Potion... but this stuff is pretty darned close.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Ksarah393

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product more than I can say. It makes the application of concealer under my eyes so much smoother and prevents settling into those little fine lines under everyone's eyes. A little of this stuff goes a very long way and it works like a dream. My issue with this product is the packaging. You may be saying "why is she complaining?! It has a pump!" While yes, this product certainly does have a pump, it is a pump that does not actually allow you to control how much of the product is dispensed and I ALWAYS end up with way to much. I have tried applying less pressure, pressing down more quickly, slower...I always end up with too much and then I feel like half of the bottle has been wasted on me just having to wipe off all of the excess. Seriously what is in the bottle is fantastic but the packaging is an issue!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why this got such horrible review because I love it! It smells great and works wonderfully! This is my second favorite eyeshadow primer after the original Urban Decay Primer Potion. Keeps my shadows in place all day!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by betsyab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Packaging as others have said could be better, too much comes out when trying even the smallest pump. However, is a great product! This is the first primer I've ever tried and I love it. I put it over my lids and lightly around my eyes, and it just makes them open up and look brighter. I really look like I had a full nights sleep with this on. It holds make up in place, eyeliner doesn't budge and shadows don't crease. Lasts all day!

Surprised more people don't like it. But in reading the reviews, I see in some of those reviews that people used the product inappropriately.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by shumeoshu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product suck ! sorry I have to say that because after a second used my face got a big pimple!!!! and I felt so oil after one hour ! It cost me 31 can for this product lucky that I returned . not a good product not recommence also the packaging so cheap!!!!!