July 31, 2014 | 1019 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by masa_inn

They might as well call this primer "Please, do crease!"

Because it does. Granted, I live in Atlanta, that is not exactly shadow-friendly city (hot/humid); but I never had problems with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. With SDS I got not only your regular, conventional - horizontal - creases but vertical as well. This is the biggest achievement of this primer. Shadows start to crease (badly) in about 3 hours.

I read in other reviews to use a tiny dot only... And I did - pretty much with the same results. I also think that primer is supposed to be convenient to use. Aka I just slap it on my lids without thinking if the dot is tiny enough.

Bottom line: I am happy I got a sample of it. Not going to buy a full size, obviously.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, ok, the packaging can make or break peoples' decision to repurchase this product: faulty pump = wasted product = wasted $$$! So, I'll leave that up to you whether the product itself is worth the hassle...

Barring the packaging, I really like this product! This is the first primer I've ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to. I have oily lids and have a problem with my eyeshadow disappearing and creasing after two hours of wear. But I do NOT have that problem with this stuff. When I first tested this out, I checked out my eyes throughout the day, and what I found was that this primer didn't suppress my oil, but instead, let the oil come through WITHOUT melting or moving my eyeshadow into my creases! AMAZING! I tested this out for a week, and day in and day out, same effect! I would apply this at 8a and 15 hours later, still there! There were a couple of occasions that there was MINIMAL creasing, but that happened at hour 12/13... Um, that's fantastic for me!

The texture of this primer is almost like a liquid powder - it's not smooth like liquid foundation. It dries pretty fast, so you'll have to work quickly to spread it, but I've found that if I apply a little at a time, that seems to remedy that. It dries to a smooth, powdery finish, has no shine or tackiness to it either. I also do not apply any concealer over it. It is just a great primer. I'll reserve HG status until after I at least try UD's Primer Potion... but this stuff is pretty darned close.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Ksarah393

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product more than I can say. It makes the application of concealer under my eyes so much smoother and prevents settling into those little fine lines under everyone's eyes. A little of this stuff goes a very long way and it works like a dream. My issue with this product is the packaging. You may be saying "why is she complaining?! It has a pump!" While yes, this product certainly does have a pump, it is a pump that does not actually allow you to control how much of the product is dispensed and I ALWAYS end up with way to much. I have tried applying less pressure, pressing down more quickly, slower...I always end up with too much and then I feel like half of the bottle has been wasted on me just having to wipe off all of the excess. Seriously what is in the bottle is fantastic but the packaging is an issue!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why this got such horrible review because I love it! It smells great and works wonderfully! This is my second favorite eyeshadow primer after the original Urban Decay Primer Potion. Keeps my shadows in place all day!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by betsyab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Packaging as others have said could be better, too much comes out when trying even the smallest pump. However, is a great product! This is the first primer I've ever tried and I love it. I put it over my lids and lightly around my eyes, and it just makes them open up and look brighter. I really look like I had a full nights sleep with this on. It holds make up in place, eyeliner doesn't budge and shadows don't crease. Lasts all day!

Surprised more people don't like it. But in reading the reviews, I see in some of those reviews that people used the product inappropriately.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by shumeoshu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product suck ! sorry I have to say that because after a second used my face got a big pimple!!!! and I felt so oil after one hour ! It cost me 31 can for this product lucky that I returned . not a good product not recommence also the packaging so cheap!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by pepeleru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the worst Benefit products in existence, not only is it a mediocre product and doesnt live up to its claims, the packaging pisses me right off, you just waste tonnes and tonnes of product as it globs out. I emailed them about it and their advice was to gently tap the dispenser. This worked the first time but didnt respond after that. I tried to save the excess and put it in a sample jar but it dried out too much and looked disgusting when I applied it under my eyes. I find it does work to a degree as an undereye concealer if applied very thinly and then foundation on top but I will not repurchase, overpriced and the very worst packaging ive ever seen!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by 245am

this product did not work for me. as a primer, it did a sufficient job, however, when i applied the product to my eyelids, i felt like you could still SEE the product even after eyeshadow application, giving me that white ringed racoon look. the pump was also silly because sometimes it was hard to control how much product was dispensed. there were times where i had to swipe some of the extra product on top of the pump for the next day's use because too much product dispensed out of the gentle push i gave on the pump. no thanks, good thing this was free. i tossed it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by arissamay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This eye primer would be fantastic for someone who tends to have oily eyelids or for people who live in very humid areas during the summers. Right now it dries out my eyelids, so I wouldn't personally use it except during the summers when something like UDPP would get melty, but it's definitely an excellent product for those specific purposes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by NatBeans

I love this primer, it holds my shadows on until I take them off. I would have given it a 5 but the packaging is TERRIBLE. You have to lightly tap the pump, if you don't you will end up with enough product to last a week. I find I only need a tiny drop of it to cover my whole lid. I love the actual primer but I really wish Benefit would change the packaging.