Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 2/8/2010 9:18:00 PM

I love it :) i have never gotten so many compliments on nail polish. Its soo pretty! It is the exact color that i was looking for. i love essie!

on 2/2/2010 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I love this color. I jumped on the mint nail trend as soon as I saw the Chanel runway. I have a collection of about 5 mint colors (OPI, China Glaze, Illamasqua, etc) and this is by far my favorite. I get so many complements on this color.

on 1/31/2010 3:11:00 PM

I love love LOVE Mint Candy Apple! The colour on me is a very light mint green colour. I would definitely say it's not a dupe for China Glaze "For Audrey", Mint Candy Apple is definitely more green. Application was fine, I had no problems whatsoever. Staying power was great - it look several days for it to chip, and I'm talking only one little chip on one nail. I get so many compliments when I wear this. I'd re-purchase this for sure.

on 1/29/2010 10:09:00 PM

beautiful polish by essie, im no stranger to essie so i am going to start by reviewing it by colour, Its a mint creamy green colour. looks a bit like what you would get in a mint chocolate chip sundae or a mint icecream. a synthetic looking colour, but its very pleasant, i do give props to essie for naming it mint candy apple because it is a true to life minty colour, what you would expect if you was putting milk and mint in a blender together.
its very pretty. would suit all skin tones! pale - tan - medium -dark
whatever your shade, its going to look nice :)
Love essie polishes due to their easy mixability (you can easily spread it on the nail without clumps or mistakes). i also like it for the fact application is a breeze because of its easy to handle brush.
lovely colour for spring. girls if your thinking of getting this now. do it! because its been sold out for a lot of unfortunate people.
i'll give it a 4, because its a beautiful shade, dewy application but it loses a mark because of mistakes that could be made when applying (its fast drying)

on 1/29/2010 3:44:00 PM

This is a gorgeous color, a pale, subtle mint. The application can be a little tricky (the polish is kind of thick) but the color is worth it. It's more unique than most polish colors, but is still subdued enough to be work appropriate.

on 1/27/2010 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

As soon as I saw that Essie was putting out such a beautiful mint color, I knew I wanted Mint Candy Apple. I looked for it at my local Ulta and everytime I went it was sold out. Finally, I was able to purchase it and it did not disappoint! This is by far my favorite color right now. Its perfect for day and night and for dressy and casual. Very little streaking or chipping, especially with a good top coat! Definitely would re-buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was surprised at how much I liked this one. I usually stay away from cremes and anything pale but this is a winner. I also like that despite its pastel color I can wear it in different seasons.

on 1/26/2010 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this color. Of all the minty colors out right now, this one caught my eye the most. A lot of them have too much green in them, and while I love green I was just in the mood to have a more blue color. It's definitely a more pigmented color than online swatches had looked to me, so it could actually work during spring and summer, not just winter like I'd thought. This online swatch is pretty close to the actual color, at least to me: http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn333/mariah_9999/Nails/EssieMintCandyApple.jpg

It was sold out everywhere near me, so I had to just end up buying it online. I found it on Amazon for cheaper, and even with the shipping it was less than the $8 salon price.

on 1/25/2010 6:38:00 PM

I got this at Ulta because I really wanted a mint green polish. I love the color. I took off a lippie because the application is a little odd. In the end the paint kind of evens itself out but as you're putting it on it looks very streaky. When it dries it looks perfect though. It's a very cheerful, trendy color. I think it's one of my favorites.

on 1/13/2010 11:31:00 PM

I also picked this up for half price at Ulta. I'd eyed CG's For Audrey for 3 months before Sallys started selling CG and I was finally able to buy it, but I was disapointed since the formula didn't work for me. It was way too thin and took a LOT of coats to look decent and peeled on me worse then almost any polish I've tried. I still love the color though and I love Essie's slightly greener version too and this version applies in fewer coats and lasts longer without peeling. Awesome forumula, but this gets a 3 since the color is just too light. For Audry is darker and bluer and looks really good on me and this one would look better on people with really dark skin.

Popular Polishes