October 26, 2014 | 980 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by majormakeupmaniac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not the right color for me. This seafoam green just made my skin look a little sickly and didn't seem right for nails. Ulta had this marked at half off, so I bought it on a whim, and I'm kind of regretting my purchase. This has lots of shine and a great pigmentation, but I wish it had just a hint of shimmer or something to give it a little more deapth. This is only my second day wearing it and I haven't really experienced any tip wear yet, but I think I'll take it off my nails tonight because it just doesn't look right. The polish itself is of great quality, but I'm really not liking the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

others have described this perfectly with words like "seafoam" and "vespa scooter." got my mani done with this yesterday at the salon and i absolutely love it. against my skin, the color seems a skosh bluer than it looks in the bottle (NC30-35-ish, for reference). with shorter nail lengths and well-maintained cuticles, this color is fine for the not-so-conservative-yet-not-casual-or-artsy workplace environments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

I thought that green nail polish would be weird until I saw Chanel's Jade polish but since I didn't want to run risk of paying $16+ on a color that I might not like forever, I found a better alternative in Essie. In person, Mint Candy Apple seems to have a hint of blue tones in it but fear not, it looks very minty green on the nails. I was very pleased with how fresh and unique the hue is--great for an interesting winter shade on the nails when you want to be funky yet keep it soft...then swipe it on your toes during the summer time--it will really make your tan pop minus the cliche neon hot pink pedi every other girl on the beach has. I am very pleased with Essie's Mint Candy Apple and I would not recommend this to my girl friends because I am a greedy nail polish hogger who does not want to see anyone else to have this gorgeous pretty color on their nails haha!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by cassytava

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Purchased this from Ulta. I have a mini bottle from a holiday collection. I love this color and I like the formula even better. It's a creme forumla that applies evenly after two coats. Lasts about 4-5 days without chipping when used with the Essie top / bottom coat that came in the kit. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just like the person below I got this at ULTA for $3;99! I have eyeballing this color for about a month now but everytime I would go to get it they never had it!!! So today not even did I find it I got it for a cheaper price! I agree it almost like for Audrey except this is a greener version...I love it...I would definately buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Brittina923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product on sale at ulta for 3.99$ and it is a beautiful light mint green. It reminds me of china glaze's for audrey but more green and less blue. It kinda of reminds me of the color of a Tiffany& co. box. This is probably my new favorite polish because you only need two coats for a perfect finish. Worth the buy, for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by emmmlay

I loved the color the second I saw it. It's a super pretty pale mint green, maybe leaning ever so slightly toward having a blue tint to it. The application was nice and smooth & the creamy finish was pretty, but the color overall just wasn't flattering on me. I got a few compliments on it, but I thought it made my pale skin look somewhat off, so I probably won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by SarahsALoser

The color of this stuff is just lovely. It's a beautiful kind of blueish green. I've gotten so manly compliments. It also lasts. I've had it on two of my fingers since saturday with minimal chipping and I type and use my fingers quite a bit.

It does take forever long to dry though and you need a good two coats. Also 8 dollars is a bit steep but I feel it's totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE IT! I find CG For Audrey a little too blue and overpowering- this is a vibrant yet unique color that is sure to get compliments. Comes out opaque in one coat...the formula is a little too runny but I'm fine with that as, like almost all polishes, it is sure to get thicker over time. I hope it becomes a permanent color!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sandy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this!! Seafoam (as I like to call it) is my favourite colour and I have been looking for a polish this colour for so long. Usually its hard to find the special edition ones in Canada, but I tracked it down and bought it the moment I saw it in a magazine.

I just with the brush was a little bigger.