April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This polish took my Essie virginity. Actually, this polish took my high-end virginity too, as prior to it, I had only drugstore polishes.

Looooooooooooooooove it. So much. Besides it being a friggin gorgeous unique color, the application is smooth and buttery and it resisted chips very well on me. It played nicely with Seche Vite.

I still haven't tried OPIs (soon, very soon *rubs hand together*) but based on my very small foray into salon polishes, I think Essie just might be my dream formula. I liked it better than the China Glazes I've tried (admittedly, not many, mind you). Now if only they had more color variety than 800 sheer pinks. :-/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This nail color is my current obsession. I used to see it in magazines and it caught my eye. However, it was always sold out in Ulta so I began to get frustrated! It was available in a set of mini polishes but I wanted the full size bottle. Finally, I caved and ordered it on the web site. I am so glad I did. I love this color. It applies very smoothly, and you only need 2 coats and you're good to go. The first coat goes on a teeny bit streaky, not to bad, but the second coat makes it very opaque and creamy in appearance. I used to use China Glaze "For Audrey" a lot and if you liked that, you will love this. It isn't the same color but I feel like the "For Audrey" lovers will appreciate it. "Mint green" is the perfect way to describe it. It is comparable to "For Audrey" when it comes to it's application and creamy appearance. I will be repurchasing again and again! I hope it sticks around!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by kb13xoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After seeingt his color advertised in numerous magazines, I caved. I bought it at Trade Secret. I painted my nails with it and I'm so in love with the color. I have always loved Essie's formula and this color is amazing. It's the perfect shade of mint green, I was worried that it might look too light/pale on my fair skin but it looks great! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Krycek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this in Elle magazine I fell in love and had to have it!! Fruitless searching of salons, trade secrets and shopper's drug mart (which carries a little quantity of colours) turned up nothing. So I ended up going on ebay (paying less than $2 for it, plus shipping). Fantastis light mint opaque creamy green, great wear. The only downfall is the application which is streaky, but a second coat covered that up just fine. Love, love, love this unique colour and cream formula!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ChynnaBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color, but I am really disappointed in the application. It went on streaky and rough - like painting my nails with acrylic paint, which would have been nearly $7.00 cheaper. I used 4 coats and it was still streaky in places and I had gaps near the cuticle. It could have been the base coat, which I haven't had long, but I've used it with other pale colors and didn't notice any streaking at all.

Generally speaking, I've had rotton luck with Essie colors in general. I always experience streaks with Essie polishes, no matter what the base coat.

Unfortunately, I've never seen anyone else make a color quite like this. It reminded me of a green Vespa scooter and I had to have it. Today I'm wearing it with white polka-dots I painted over the green and I've gotten lots of compliments. I would buy it again, but only because it's so unique. I just wish it weren't made by Essie.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by asofterversion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this color. I saw the Chanel Jade and have been searching for this color ever since! I don't like the formula as it was very hard to work with, but the color makes me overlook this. Also, too expensive for what you get. Will buy again just for the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this color. It's a beautiful minty green color that is pretty much like a lighter, creamier colored version of MAC's Peppermint Patti. I found that it took 3 coats to get it to a full coverage, though I liked it better with 4 coats. I didn't mind, though I think some people do. It is not clumpy at all nor is it streaky. I don't know why some people are having issues with that; it must be something with the batches. Anyhow, I love this color and if I feel like I'll wear it enough I'll get a backup!
**Note: Would like to add that I think it goes well with my skin tone. I was worried as I am yellow and warm toned, but I think it looks nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by HelloKinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Essie polish and I absolutely looove this color! The formula was good and after 4 days I only had minimal tip wear. I applied 3 thin coats to reach full opacity but, I am sure 2 thicker coats would work. My only complaint is that the brush is a little "thin" but, I am willing to overlook it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by rory13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is adorable! I love the pale green as a change from my usual fall and winter dark colors. It will also be a great spring and summer color. I can't wait to see how nice it looks with a tan!

It was a tiny bit streaky on the first coat, but the second coat plus SV evened it out nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by kportiera

really amazing color. this is my favortite holiday color for 09. good coverage, after 2 coats. wears very well. love it.