Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

on 3/16/2010 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

When I first saw this color I loved it. I thought that this was a fun cute color and it still is, but I wouldn't use it again. The product is very streaky and you have to do a couple coats just for it to look right. I do like Essie as a company but this color isn't all it's cracked up to be!!

I may be a little old to be wearing colors like this (40), but I LOVE it. I have not found another green that was flattering on me. This is so pretty. I think I will pass on all the new pale greens coming out for spring and summer because I don't really see the need to try any others.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I Love Love Love this nail polish, Looks stunning on and im a deep olive skin (Spanish) but I think this would be striking on every skin tone. I prefer this to my Chanel Jade polish which doesnt hold a torch to this. The application is great you definately need at least 2 coats for the truest colour. I always use a base coat and I think you need it with opaque polishes as opaques seem to show any ridges that you have. This lasts me for about a week before it starts to chip, I use this with my favourite Seche Vite Topcoat (My HolyGrail along with Essie polishes). Please buy this as I think it may be Limited Edtion and pastel nails are gona be HUGE this Spring/Summer. x

on 3/2/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

LOVE this nail polish. Its a great blue based mint color (more blue than a true mint so be warned). Its gorgeous. Application is tricky, however, because the polish is extremely thick, but at least its opaque in one coat (though it really needs two to avoid being streaky). Definitely worth picking up

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great colour. My favorite of all the mint green polishes. Application is okay - a tad streaky, but just needs to be applied carefully and evenly. Opaque in two coats. Slightly more blue-green than ChG Re-Fresh Mint.

on 2/8/2010 9:21:00 PM

great color, but chips fast. ;/

on 2/8/2010 9:18:00 PM

I love it :) i have never gotten so many compliments on nail polish. Its soo pretty! It is the exact color that i was looking for. i love essie!

on 2/2/2010 10:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I love this color. I jumped on the mint nail trend as soon as I saw the Chanel runway. I have a collection of about 5 mint colors (OPI, China Glaze, Illamasqua, etc) and this is by far my favorite. I get so many complements on this color.

on 1/31/2010 3:11:00 PM

I love love LOVE Mint Candy Apple! The colour on me is a very light mint green colour. I would definitely say it's not a dupe for China Glaze "For Audrey", Mint Candy Apple is definitely more green. Application was fine, I had no problems whatsoever. Staying power was great - it look several days for it to chip, and I'm talking only one little chip on one nail. I get so many compliments when I wear this. I'd re-purchase this for sure.

on 1/29/2010 10:09:00 PM

beautiful polish by essie, im no stranger to essie so i am going to start by reviewing it by colour, Its a mint creamy green colour. looks a bit like what you would get in a mint chocolate chip sundae or a mint icecream. a synthetic looking colour, but its very pleasant, i do give props to essie for naming it mint candy apple because it is a true to life minty colour, what you would expect if you was putting milk and mint in a blender together.
its very pretty. would suit all skin tones! pale - tan - medium -dark
whatever your shade, its going to look nice :)
Love essie polishes due to their easy mixability (you can easily spread it on the nail without clumps or mistakes). i also like it for the fact application is a breeze because of its easy to handle brush.
lovely colour for spring. girls if your thinking of getting this now. do it! because its been sold out for a lot of unfortunate people.
i'll give it a 4, because its a beautiful shade, dewy application but it loses a mark because of mistakes that could be made when applying (its fast drying)

Popular Polishes