Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff does smudge if you use it under your eyes, as well as on top lash line. I bought this because I had a coupon, but should have stuck with the L'Oreal Infallible gel laquer liner, much better brush and wearability. It's worth the extra dollar or two, by far.

on 9/23/2013 12:31:00 PM

Don't waste your money, this product is terrible. Colour transfers and smudges all over top of lid. Cannot understand why MUA's are raving about this product let alone naming it as a dupe for far more superior high-end gel liners. Brush it comes with can go straight in the bin, only positive thing is it's decently pigmented.

on 9/18/2013 8:46:00 AM

Best eyeliner gel pot ever! This eyeliner comes with a thin applicator brush making it easy to apply. The formula is so great and I prefer it over MAC Black Track gel eyeliner.

on 9/16/2013 12:13:00 AM

I kept eyeing down this product at work so I read some reviews on it and some of them weren't great. My mom asked me to pick it up for her so when I got home, I wanted to try it. I LOVE this gel liner. I went and bought it right after. It's so perfect and glides on so nice. The brush is great and it's so easy to apply. Also, never smudged. I just love it.

on 9/13/2013 11:58:00 AM

This product is kind of a so-so for me. I have the product in Brown.

The things I like:
- comes with an acceptable brush
It's not as soft as I'd like, but it's good enough. Make sure to clean it often! Once the eyeliner sets in your brush it gets quite hard to clean.
- versatile
you can use it on your eyelids, create a winged look, and even tightline with this product.
- good pigmentation
I find the eyeliner quite pigmented, and it is buildable.

The things I don't like:
- not very longlasting.
I don't use usually use primer so this might be one of the reasons. However, I find the colour fading only after 3-4 hours. it is also not smudge-resistant.
- dry off quickly.
I don't open the lid for long periods of time, but I find my pot of eyeliner drying quite quickly, which means there's going to be quite a lot of wasted products after a few months.

The verdict:
It is a decent eyeliner, good pigmentation and very good to create dramatic looks. You can also wear it as part of your daily makeup regime. However, do carry it around, since you will have to touch up quite often.

on 9/11/2013 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It just doesn't stay where you want it to!! Luckily I bought the brown one so it's good for using on my eyebrows. Other than that don't touch it with a barge pole.

on 9/10/2013 4:01:00 AM

i love this and l'oreal's gel liners, its really long lasting and the included brush makes it easy to do any kind of look a girl could want. i forget if it is waterproof, but if it is, then that would really be amazing

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on my second pot of this gel eyeliner - it's the only type I've ever tried so I can't really compare it, but I do far prefer it to pencil or liquid eyeliner. I find it's pretty easy to apply, doesn't smudge too badly and has a great, pigmented black colour. The brush isn't the best, and I've tried using a flat angle brush but it's no better. All in all it's a decent eyeliner, for an average price. I'd buy it again mostly because I'm too lazy/cheap to buy a more expensive gel eyeliner.
I also prefer my liner a bit smudgy and smokey, so blending is easy and it looks nice.

on 9/9/2013 12:18:00 PM

i like this gel eyeliner, it was the first gel formula eyeliner i've ever tried, but im searching for alternatives. the intensity of the color was good, it smudged slightly without a primer and faded a little by the end of the day. this would have been overlooked if it werent for the following: it dried really quickly. i never leave the cap off and go wander around the house, i only keep it open while im applying it. its not exactly cheap here, its not worth spendind that much on something that wont last

on 9/8/2013 12:02:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

It's horrible!! It smudges way too easily and it's hard to create a simple winged eyeliner with that brush. -.-

Video Reviews & Tutorials