Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

I bought this after hearing great things but I wasn't too eager to open it straight away as I had the Revlon Colorstay gel liner. However I wish I had sooner! It is so smooth and easy to work with - I love it! The brush isn't that bad either! It has great staying power but comes off easily with makeup remover or Cetaphil moisturiser.

Also so much better than the Revlon!!

on 10/19/2013 7:11:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. I went on a whim and used part of my paycheck to go get some new products I've never tried before, and I had never used a gel liner before, so I thought what the hell. I bought it in brown, and have been using it for about three weeks now. It glides on nicely, and only takes me a minute or so to get it to my desired style. I have TONS of classes, games, and work to do throughout the day, and it lasts me until I take it off at night. My only problem is that occasionally (meaning, like, once or twice a week.), it does smear off right where my crease is, and takes some eyeshadow with it, but maybe that's because I'm running around like a chicken with her head cut off that day. Other than that, I have no problems, and will be splurging on it in black for the sake of having a variety. It is probably my favorite eyeliner to date!

on 10/19/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have used A LOT of different liquid eyeliners before and honestly I am so glad to have come across this gel liner which is by far my absolute fave! True, I haven't tried any other gel liners yet BUT I just love this Maybelline one! The price is good for how long it lasts. I don't think I could use another. I have literally used it everyday and I still have more left over! It's sooooo good! It doesn't smudge and application is a breeze! I was afraid that it would take me a long time to learn how to apply it because it took me forever to master liquid application but this was so easy to put! I absolutely recommend it to everyone!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is good. I have mine in black, but it sort of looks greyish black on. It messes up so easy on your eyes. But i still like it tho

on 10/15/2013 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not pigmented enough and takes too long to build up. It also doesn't last as long as other gel liners, but it lasts just fine. I usually just use a smudging tool to smoke it out a little because it takes too long to create a decent cat/winged line.

on 10/15/2013 1:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
- Comes with its own handy-dandy little brush.
- Easy to apply - no skipping or tugging from this one!
- The packaging is compact and handy - it takes up much less room than my usual pencil-and-eyeshadow combo, and there's no danger of it accidentally coming open while bumping around my bag.

Cons:
- The color payoff wasn't great. From the packaging and how it looked in the pot, I was hoping for a darker sort of mahogany color, but I pretty much just got a flat brown, and a fairly light one at that - I had to give it a good few swipes before I got anything like the opacity I normally get from cream pencils.
- My god, does it ever transfer! I waited a full minute to set each eye, but my right eye (slightly more hooded than my left) had transferred about half its load onto my browbone within half an hour, and my left eye followed suit by the end of the day. Ugh.
- My eyes aren't particularly sensitive, but they do tend to itch and burn a little when I wear this product. Nothing debilitating, of course (I wear glasses, but not contacts), but annoying, and something I could do without.

Takeaway:
Eh, I can't say I'm impressed. While I wouldn't call this an unmitigated disaster, this definitely isn't what I was looking for. I love the natural look and idiot-proof application of pencils, but I wanted something with a bit of a longer wear time (I could never get any of my pencils to stay put on my oily, slightly hooded lids, no matter what I tried) while still avoiding the harsh look of most liquid liners, so I started exploring gel liners instead. And after this, I think I'll have to keep looking. The formula is good from an application standpoint, but the color is nothing to write home about, and the itchiness is annoying, but it was the transferring that was the real deal-breaker.

on 10/13/2013 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using this in my everyday makeup routine for about 2 years now. It's kind of in between a pencil and liquid liner. It's called a gel, but it's texture is more on the creamy side. The brush is great if you like your liner in a cat eye shape. Clean it often though, because the buildup can cause your liner to look very sloppy. I recommend this to girls who aren't a fan of pencil or liquid liners.

on 10/9/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I must have gotten a bad pot. I have this in the brown and it doesn't last more than an hour and is also not very pigmented. At all. The brush was the only positive about it.

on 10/9/2013 5:35:00 PM

My biggest complaint of this product is the difficulty to apply it. I'm not a complete eye make-up hack either. I've worn falsies for years, done my own lash extensions, and worn liner since high school. I just can't get the application to look "professional." I kind of think the whole "gel" liner product is maybe not the greatest. You end up dipping the brush straight-vertically into the gel because if you dip it in sideways, you get WAY too much product on the brush, which you end up having to then remove. The end result is a gel pot full of little slash-marks. It's also difficult to apply to the lash line in the "pattern" you want. I like a very thin (almost unnoticeable) line at the inner corners, a fatter line up top, and a thin, short, cat-eye at the outer corner. Forget it, that's not happening with this. I will stick to my felt-tip pen style liners. I can get the precision lining I like with those, sans mess.

on 10/9/2013 5:16:00 PM

For some reason, don't totally love it...I have this in brown, and find it's a bit difficult to apply. Will tug a little at the lids, and smudges a lot on my eyes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials