July 28, 2014 | 1862 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by uniqueph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my opinion, i hate this foundation. I think that the Rimmel Match Perfection gives me more sheer glow than the NARS one does.. I have normal to dry skin, and this foundation looks matte on me. It enhances my dry patches. I do love the coverage and the shade range is fabulous but i just spend 40 euros an a foundation that doesn't do shit for me. So dissapointed. But you know these things happen, you never know if you will like it or not. So to all off you who want to buy Sheer Glow, try to ask a sample first!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember using this in my early 20's and stopped using it, don't know why I LOVE it. I apply it with a damp beauty blender and right before I dab it on I spray MAC fix +, perfect combo. It goes on lighter this way and looks flawless. It lasts a very long time and I have combo skin, just have a lightly powder twice a day. The color deuville is a good match.
I have good skin, only a lil bit of redness and this foundation does not feel too heavy in hot So Cal.

I wish it would come with a pump, but not a big deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. Its a PERFECT match for me. I have had such a hard time finding a foundation that matches. I am nc44-45 with very strong yellow undertones and i wear Tahoe. Mac foundations are just too orange ones you get in between the medium and dark range. NC 45 is just yellow and red undertones. I have NO red undertones.

The finish is like a satin finish. Not to matte, not to dewy. It looks so nice. If you have oily skin like me (oily t-zone, normal cheeks) you need to set with powder. not just to help control oil, but to help it stay on, especially since i live in hot and humid florida. This porbably wont be good for dry skin unless you moisturize well before hand. Very oily skin girls may not like this either as it won't control oily that well.

I use an oil controlling primer (Milk of magnesia), setting powder, and setting spray to this lasts a pretty long time on me. The coverage is medium to full. I have a lot of acne scars, but they aren't that dark. For people with a little bit of hyper pigmentation and blemishes, the coverage is perfect. If you have very dark scars this can be built up but i'm not sure it can full coverage fore everyone. It depends on how dark your imperfections are.

(Nars Sheer Glow/Matte: Tahoe, L'oreal True Match: W7, MAC Studio Fix Fluid/ Pro Longwear: NC 47, Black Radiance liquid Foundation: butterscotch,

(EDIT 7/29/13)
Took off a lippie. NO PUUUUUUUUUUMP!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by meganfernandes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

IT WAS AMAZING.

I have really oily skin, and I also have a medium/dark toned skin so finding a product that meets my needs is usually hard, but this stuff is just god-send.

the only thing working against this product is the pricing. Its about $62 CAD, and therefore incredibly expensive. that being said, I would purchase this product again if i ever ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by wildcardinside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Holyyyyy. Most beautiful foundation I've ever tried. I have it in "Siberia", the palest shade and oh is it pale. I struggle immensely trying to find a foundation light enough for me (nc5 skin for reference) yet this is so incredibly pale it's amazing. It's really REALLY yellow toned though, I think all of the shades are, which works well for me, but for pinker skin tones the colour range probably wouldnt be great for you, unfortunately. It has a medium to full coverage texture that can be sheered down or built up to desire which is great, and makes the skin look so healthy and glowing and smooth and just beautiful. I have oily skin and this doesnt seem to turn me into an oil slick. Absolutely in love with this foundation and I will repurchase over and over again. Thank you so much for creating a foundation suitable for Snow White skin, NARS!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Holymacarony

This foundation is really great. It covers all I want to cover, it stays all day without any primer and it looks great. Im thinking about wearing it in my wedding. The downside is that the packaging is made of glass, so its heavy to have in my purse, and it does not come with a pump...and non of the stores I´ve been to sells it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by bcvshygirl

I love all things glowy and this makes the list. The coverage is medium to full. I using my elf flat powder brush for this and I get a flawless finish. I just wish the lasting power was greater. It's also In dire need of a pump.you can order one separate but adds to the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by dullgoldheart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my go-to foundation for years!

I am an NC30 with combination skin. I use Santa Fe and find that color suits me the best.

This foundation is definitely not sheer, the opposite I would say. I prefer a lot of coverage as I do have a bit of acne scarring on my cheeks and this covers them nicely. This foundation is more of a medium coverage and I find that the smallest amount is enough for my entire face. The packaging is terrible, but NARS does sell the pump at their counter but I find that it doesn't make a difference because there is no cap for the pump. So this not a very good "traveling" foundation. I keep mine in a ziplock bag in my makeup box to avoid a mess.

This foundation also lasts quite a while. Even when I wear it out for long nights at a bar/club/lounge, I find that at 2am my skin still looks great. It does get shiny so you will need to powder but I prefer a less powdery foundation because it tends to look more natural. So if you are looking for something really matte this is not the way to go.

The bottle lasts a long time. I bought one in November and just used the last of it last weekend (July). For around $50 I think thats a good deal.

I will probably always go back to this one. It's one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sesims98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have young, sometimes spot prone skin, and as much as I can agree that this foundation has a great consistency, it didn't work for me. even when using a primer or moisturiser, I found it to crumble a bit on my skin during application. I found that using my Clinique foundation brush helped a bit, but aside from that every aspect of the foundation is incredibly and it is definitely worth the hype.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by RadCandy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Sheer Glow (Deauville) for about 3 years now, it is my go-to foundation that I know will never fail me, for the past 3 years I have always thought this product is fantastic but there is just something not right with it BUT its the best I have found so far. I have finally figured out what is wrong with it, I have very porcelain skin and sometimes Deauville can oxidize and go a little bit too yellow for me, also sometimes it can set just a fraction too think that is why I am giving I'm rating it 4/5stars.......

But now I have found the solution to my problems, I recently purchased Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Terre Neuve, on its own I hate it! But combine one squirt Tinted Moisturiser with one pump Deauville and I have found my HG foundation and I am so excited that I want to tell the whole world how amazing it is! My foundation applies more smoothly, the colour doesn't change to yellow and it sets to the most amazing looking hydrated, flawless complexion. Amazing!!