October 21, 2014 | 1211 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am quite disappointed with this foundation. I had high hopes about it but it didn't work for me. No matter how I apply it and how much I blend, I can't get it to look natural. It always looks kind of cakey and obvious in daylight.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Saimiri923

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm about to buy my 3rd bottle of this, definitely my HG foundation! I love the formula and the coverage, and it's the best color match I've found. I'm NW 15-20 and I wear Mont Blanc. I find it blends really well and gives my skin a beautiful satin finish, that isn't too dewy or too matte. I have dry skin but I never see any flakiness or build up anywhere with this since it's very easy to sheer out. It still has medium-ish coverage without looking heavy, so it neutralizes the extra pink I have in my skin without making me look like a corpse. I love the combination of coverage and a natural finish, and since I started wearing this I have gotten so many compliments on my SKIN, not my MAKEUP, which I think is a good sign!

It's super pricey, but I don't use much and one bottle lasts 6-7 months with daily use. And every day that I wear it, I LOVE it, so I know each bottle is going to get used up completely and I enjoy wearing it every day! Worth it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by KelSlo

This foundation has made life so much easier for me! I am extremely picky about foundation, especially because I'm knocking on 40's door,I have to be extra aware of the texture of my skin with makeup on. On to the Nars,I had no plan to use this, I went to sephora to do the Color IQ scan and we decided on 3 to try,the Nars was the first and the best,even the swatch looked amazing! The girl did my whole face,and even she was like whoa. This was a big step for me as it is not what I usually use, I usually go for matte and there was a matte version of this bit the sales girl really thought I would be ok with this version ( I have combo skin that gets crazy in summer/winter) I am so glad I purchased this,it's a medium slightly buildable liquid,I build it up more under my eyes to skip concealer,it makes skin look BEAUTIFUL not masky,not heavy... The first day I wore this I got comments on my skin! My skin! Not makeup!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great foundation! Natural glow, full coverage, great color selection, doesn't break me out, lasts all day on me and doesn't make me feel more oily like other foundations do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Christiecgr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love thissss! It's amazing I know it's called sheer glow but on my it's honestly a full coverage foundation I love it! I accidentally bought the dewy finish and I have oily skin so I did have to use a powder I'm going to try the matte finish next

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Perfection91

1. Packaging is horrible. I don't understand why a foundation that cost $55 in Canada would not come with a pump. it gets very messy and unsanitary.
I religously wash my hands in btw skincare and makeup application, but I still think packaging is the worst I've seen.

2. Color Gobi is very very light. Guerlain Lingerie de peau's #31 (ambre pale) is a great match for me, but its a shade lighter than that.
but then the next yellow based color (Ceylan) is too dark and dull looking.
and buying both of them and mixing them is not something I would do because I don't like this foundation too much and packaging will make that difficult.

3. Finish is a nice satin. its the only thing I like about this foundation. its not too sticky or too matte.. so my skin doesn't look flat, but my hair doesn't stick to my face either.
if you do have dry patches, it will show them, especially if time passes.

4. coverage is like the name implies sheer but buildable to a good medium. if you use a flat paddle foundation brush,it goes on as a very thin layer, that you can layer up. if you use a buffing/round brush like bobbi brown full coverage brush, its light to medium coverage from the start.
however, keep in mind that it doesn't feel as light and airy for the amount of coverage it has

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I. Love. This. Foundation! Seriously. I got a sample from Sephora and came back for more instantly. It's my favorite foundation ever, and trust me when I say, I have had the damnest time trying to find my "perfect" foundation. This one was golden (literally, sheer "glow") it went on very smoothly, and blended out perfectly. It has yellow undertones, but because I have pink undertones, it counteracted perfectly. Wasnt too yellow at all. It NEVER cakes or builds up, and looks airbrushed. It really did give my skin a glow, even when I set it with powder. As for coverage, it has medium coverage, which i like medium-full, and it was buildable so i loved it. Worth the price. SO coming back for this. Cheers! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by d0sam1

My oh my, why did I wait so damn long to review this foundation. Maybe because I was blinded by the hype of it being such a good product with it containing vitamin C, that it could not possibly make my face any worse? Well, hah, I was wrong :| Let me start off by saying I've worn this foundation close to 1 and a half years. The initial application is nice and beautiful and I apply it right next to my window where the morning light shines through making it look fabulous, let me tell ya! However, I was sitting in my car the other day after class, thinking...hey, its a nice,sunny day and if my foundation looked excellent this morning, why shouldn't it now? I looked in my car mirror and to my unfortunate surprise, nothing but dry patches and streaks of foundation on my poor face :( Mind you, I do have acne and dark spots, BUT I moisturize and use micro dermabrasion, however, it wasn't my skin, it was the actual foundation. I also use primer as well, and my skin is extremely oily, not dry, so why was it making my skin look like I was aging with dry patches of foundation all over my cheeks? Nars sheer glow is the culprit! I am no longer using this foundation, as much as I love the color, I'm now testing out Lancome Tient Ultra 24hours, so far so good :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Aneizy

I've never written a review before but I just HAD TO for this one. FIRST OF ALL, to all the nitwits giving lower ratings: the name "sheer glow" refers to the level of glowyness NOT coverage. It means it has a very sheer glow level. And that's exactly what it has. It covers amazingly and blends like a dream. I use a damp beauty blender seriously if you don't own one you must it is HG worthy. I have combination skin- normal checks dry patches around nose, on nose and on forehead and around jawline. And I have a oily T-zone. My nose gets especially oily even tho it has dry patches. This is the only foundation that doesn't get gross around my nose. And the only foundation that actually matches my pale yellow skin. It gives me the most flawless finish. I set with tarte smoothing face prep and I always get compliments on my skin. I don't use primer or anything but this stuff seriously lasts. It hasn't made me feel tacky/oily/gross yet and it's been 8 hours already. It's 100x better than my previous foundation (tarte Amazonian clay) I highly recommend everyone to at least sample this!!

EDIT: I'm very sad to inform I had to take off 2 lippies. I have had clear skin my whole life, until senior year of highschool I would get a cyst every other month from my period. But birth control stopped that. Right after I started using this foundation(I use it every day) I would always have a small pimple on my forehead that would fill with pus. And right when it would clear up another would pop up! I kept using this foundation as I thought it was just from stress. But months later and I had a total of five pimples on my forehead. It was very depressing! I stopped usin the beauty blender as I bought them together and those are the only two new products I use on my face. But still more pimples surfaced. I have not wore the foundation in four days and my skin is cleared up completely. I'm so sad as this was the perfect color match I ever found.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by TamaraD87

I used Santa Fe for my fair skin tone. The color was great, it matched my skin well.

The foundation felt nice on my skin, but after a few hours I did find it it gets a bit too oily, even though i would use a loose powder over it.

You can get this foundation in a more matte form, I chose the sheer glow because it was winter and I know matte dries out my skin, and while it was ok during the cold winter months, in summer it just didn't last, I would get too oily.I have combination skin, I noticed that on chin, where my skin is a bit greasier, that after a few hours it would become a bit patchy.