September 2, 2014 | 648 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Missshearerrr

I've been using this foundation for a year or two now and would definitely recommend it. It blends so easily, is really well pigmented without being too heavy and makes your skin look so gorgeous and dewy!! The only thing I would say is that by the end of a stressful day at work your skin can end up looking a tad shiny, but having said that, I currently don't wear any finishing powder which apparently I should do, so I'll be giving that a try. Every single time I switch back to wearing this foundation after trying something different, I get compliments on how good my skin looks, which never happens with other foundations. It's a bit pricey at around £29 but you do tend to get what you pay for!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by WazzleDazzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although its a brilliant foundation in terms of coverage and feel, the name is misleading. There is no 'sheer glow', there is a bit of a dewy effect but in no way a sheer glow. Having said that I still think this is a very good foundation, one of my favourites. Medium to full coverage, can hardly be felt on the skin and the colour blends in to my skin beautifully!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by canadian

For reference: Combination skin (dry cheeks, slightly oil t-zone), sensitive, broken capillaries on cheeks, chin. Neutral to Warm skin tone (NC/NW 25ish), green eyes, dark brown hair.

The color I bought is Fiji.

I had the Sephora Color IQ done two weeks ago and this color was one of my matches. Two days ago I decided to purchase my autumn/winter foundation because I needed something lighter and in a liquid form. Due to the colder weather, winter approaching, dry skin etc. The Sephora artist applied this product with a foundation brush. In store it didn't look too bad. In hindsight I should have asked for a sample... It felt fine at first, however a few hours later my skin felt taught, dry and itchy. My skin looked flat. I decided to give it another go today, applied my usual moisturizer and primer. The instructions say to warm the foundation in your hand, apply to face and blend in. I tried it that way. Within a few hours my skin felt taught, dry, itchy and looked flat. I believe the color was a bit too light. This foundation will be returned tomorrow. I will never buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Alexacelineazka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oke if makeupalley have 3,5 lippies i give score to this stuff.
price not cheap its same compare high end foundie like chanel etc.

packaging quality omg this bottle caps horrible awww i dont know why its cracky after several time i open it. so my foundie bottle exposed to the air.
i am struggling find replacement caps and finally i found a bottle caps moisturizer around me matching .i give this packaging one lippie horrid.

finish :where s the glow it ?? actually its matte for me.if u want matte foundie and have oily i recomend.its medium coverage and buildable not light imo.
i use CEYLAN its pretty match my complexion
for reference i use
mac sf powder nc 20
chanel mat lumiere clair 20
eldw sand
dior nude 020
benefit i m pure4sure ivory
and bunch of it.
frankly the finish its average nothing special.
i like sheer glow but not my hg.
nothing compared my holy grail chanel mat lumiere until now.
would i repurchased no and yes.maybe next 3 years if already finish mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by CStuartMonteith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thankfully I got a sample of this foundation. Its name is misleading. There is no glow at all, this is for oily skins. When I first put it on, it looks lovely, however after an hour or so, the foundation seems to dry out and crack. The other downside is also the fact that the bottle does not have a pump.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by kcebreiro

Made me break out horribly! =((

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by AyeCandie

Beautiful.

This foundation is soooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooooo pretty! It looks soo flawless on my skin! I can pile as many layers as Id like and it will not cake up! Its amazing! I only put one layer all over the face and a few more on spots and under my eyes :) I get no creasing at all! it doesn't sink into my pores like other foundations like to do.

Pluses
-Pretty
-Sheer but buildable
-Good Colour range
-Natural but flawless
-Lasting power is so good
-Pretty packaging

Minuses
-It likes to rub off easily :(!
-Bad when it comes to flash photography along with the Nars Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Catsolo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Nars Sheer Glow foundation goes on beautifully and can really appear to transform your skin. However, after I wore this product for about a week my skin broke up terribly, and I have always had pretty clear skin. I get a pimple every other week or so but i've never "broken out" before, and now I know how terrible that can actually feel. I'm still in the process of healing my face after realizing that this foundation is the cause for my terribly patchy, broken out skin.
I literally have never had acne on my forehead before and now i am embarassed to say it's one of the worst areas of my face. See, after I broke out after the first couple days of wearing this makeup I figured it was sweat, or something else, so I covered it up with this foundation and THE ACNE SPREAD. I would NOT recommend this foundation to anyone unless you have miracle skin.

I am praying sephora lets me return or exchange this product because right now i am going to back to clinique's CC creme, which i never should have stopped using to begin with.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I love this, and let me count the ways. I am seriously, SERIOUSLY considering this as my one and only foundation. If my house caught on fire I would leave all of my makeup and run to save this.

My skin background, to let you understand why I love this:

I am dry in the winter, combo in the summer (up to oily, but i think that's just me sweating buckets). This foundation plays well with BOTH. extures and holds up in humidity, heat, and dry parched weather. It does NOT accentuate dry patches nor slide off of oily zones.

I generally prefer a dewy finish in the winter and matte finish in the summer (go figure), and this strikes a happy medium. It is very natural looking, but that's not the right word. To be more fair, it's a semi-matte or satin finish and makes the skin look very flawless.

My skin is also very clear with a big zit maybe once every 3 months. To me, this is a full coverage "I mean business and want to look my best" kind of foundation. I wouldn't wear this to the grocery store, nor would I reserve this for only special occasions. I can wear it every day if I wanted to because even though it is rather high coverage, it sits well on the skin and doesn't have a "heavy" or thick feeling. I don't have to use a separate concealer for blemishes, redness, or undereye darkness with this foundation.

I do not need to set with powder. I can, and it won't make this cake up, but powder makes this last for ages. I mean dinosaur to flying cars ages. I put this on at 7am, moved boxes and boxes of furniture to my new home, and it stayed flawless until I took it off at 10pm. No joke.

The names are admittedly hard to swatch and match online. You need to go in store and really peruse the selection. Stromboli is a much more olive (not golden) color and matches my VERY yellow skin perfectly. I am NC35 currently. When I am NC30 it's a bit of a stretch and I need to blend down to my neck.

I use one little dab with an RT buffing brush for flawless, albeit heavier coverage. Fingers work fine. I don't bother using a Beauty Blender or sponge to sheer it out because that would defeat the purpose of this foundation when I need it.

I have no problems with how this photographs.

The price point is admittedly, ridiculous. With no pump, you have to really be rigorous in your daily shakeweight-esque wrist exercise and shake the damn bottle before you use it.

Please invest in a sample bottle and see for yourself why this is so great. If your skin type is similar to mine, you won't need anything else.

Update: Tried this on the other day after lemming for full coverage foundations but quickly found out that they settle into laugh lines via reviews. This hides them! My skin looks as flawless as full coverage with the nars creamy concealer on top. Plus my husband can't stop looking at me and saying I look beautiful every 10 minutes. Its HG for me. Lets be real. My skin looks like perfect skin, I mean flawless, and the yellow tones in this are amazing. Fiji is great for nc20-25.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

Mont Blanc is the best color-match I've ever found in a foundation, so that alone makes it worth it's weight in gold. I'm pale and have mild rosacea, and SAs are constantly pushing me towards pink-undertone foundations (I have a drawer full of them), but my skin tone is actually neutral, and Mont Blanc is just perfect. They market it as "light with pink undertone" but it's not. It's neutral! I don't know what they're thinking with their color descriptions—most of the shades in this range are quite yellow or peachy.

Anyway, I shied away from this for a long time because I have oily skin and the name "Sheer Glow" sounds like my worst nightmare. But I got curious one day at Sephora and tried it on the back of my hand, where it dried down to a lovely satin-matte. Hmm. It also appeared to be VERY pigmented. Hmm. Not Sheer, not glowy. I picked up a bottle and have been wearing it almost every day since. It's a champ.

I did order the pump from the Nars website ($6) and I'm so glad I did. It looks very skin-like. I would've worn this on my wedding day if I'd known about it because it just looks so, so nice. It's fragrance-free, thank heavens. I can use a very light layer and get beautiful medium to full coverage that holds up all day. I've worn it onstage under hot lights and it holds up. I did a little test recently where I swatched all my foundations on the inside of my arm and then ran them under hot water in the shower to see which ones would hold up best. All of them either melted away or darkened horribly except Shiseido Sun Protection Foundation and Nars Sheer Glow. It's surprisingly tenacious, so be sure you're cleansing really well at the end of the day.

I don't like that I had to order a pump. I understand that this is to encourage people to apply it with their fingers, but I can use my fingers with a pump too, thank you. I also wish it wasn't so expensive, but it's very good and I'm so freakin' excited about all the other wonderful qualities that I don't feel THAT resentful about the price. I definitely will repurchase.

I also recently got the Nars Powder Foundation in the same shade and it's also VERY lovable. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No