OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 10/1/2008 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Great product. I have weak nails, prone to peeling. I've been using for 3 weeks now and there is a noticeable difference to myself, my SO, and co-workers. Everyone keeps asking what did I do to my nails. Well i've put all of my co-workers on to this product. I cut my nails down to begin and followed the instructions. No chipping, peeling, breaking, or anything. Nice, healthy, strong nails. I'm sold!

on 9/24/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been biting my nails since I was six, and this habit carried into adulthood. 4 weeks ago, I decided enough was enough after seeing this girls' pretty nails and wishing my nails look like hers. I have been trying to grow my nails out in the past, but they always break/peel and I will feel the "pull" to bite them till they're smooth. I really did have the worst nails in the world. On average, they were no longer than 1cm - just 0.7cm the last time I measured the longest one. So, I gave OPI Nail Envy a try - and they were immediately strong. For the next two weeks, I put them to the ultimate tests - washing dishes, peeling stuffs, basically using my hands roughly and it never once peeled! My nails are incredibly strong too - they can't be bent. They never cracked, peeled, or break, and as a result my nails are at least presentable today. If you want to see before and after pictures, just go here:

OPI Nail Envy also dries extremely fast. That's another plus point in my book.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love Nail Envy! I've been using it for years & I've never, ever had a nail break. It works perfectly as a base coat, or if you want to use it on its own it gives alot of shine. Will repurchase.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love OPI Nail Envy. I took off my acrylic nails last year and was really nervous because everytime before I lasted about a week with them off, my nails were so weak and thin and would peel off and bleed. I first bought Nail Tek and it improved my nails a tiny bit but not much, then I bought Nail Envy and after about two weeks my nails were much stronger.
My nails are so hard and long now they look just as good as the acrylics. It put an end to all peeling and breaking and finally let my nails grow. I don't think $14 USD is a lot to pay considering it lasts a long time and that's about what you pay for 1 acrylic fill that lasts 2 weeks.

I follow the directions started with clean nails added two coats and added a coat every other day and I also use Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme at night to get my skin around the nail soft.

Give it a try you'll love it!

on 8/31/2008 5:51:00 PM

I started using Nail Envy after having gel nails removed. My nails are not strong to begin with, and they were now worse than what I started with! Even though gel nails aren't supposed to be damaging, my natural nail was very weak at the tip (even after I cut them short). I used Nail Envy according to instructions for months. Now that the damaged parts of my nails have grown out, I can really see the difference. I am amazed at how strong my nails are and how long they are getting! Even though the price is high, using Nail Envy to grow my nails long is still cheaper than getting artificial nails! UPDATE: I took a break from Nail Envy and found out that my nails have gotten much more brittle. Before, they peeled and tore easily. Now they actually chip and break! I am back to very short nails as a result. While I will still use Nail Envy from time to time, I will also be moisturizing ALOT more often.

on 8/19/2008 8:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this for well over a month and I cannot believe how long and strong my nails have grown out. Previously, when I've been able to let them grow, they would reach a particular length and promptly begin to split, peel and break. Nail Envy was recommended to me by a nail tech and I purchased with a healthy dose of skepticism. As it turns out, however, the tech was right. I've been able to maintain them at their (personal) record-breaking length without even so much as an indication that they were preparing to peel or break. The NE leaves a nice, better-than-natural sheen that just leaves them looking healthy -- I've been sitting staring at a bottle of INRAW but I can't bring myself to cover them up. They're gorgeous! Will definitely continue using (per directions, with every other day application for one week, then start-over), and highly recommend it. While the weekly procedure can seems a bit daunting, rest assured that it isn't at all like polishing your nails every other day. It dries very quickly -- to the point that, by the time I finish my pinky, the thumb and forefinger of the same hand is dry -- and is very sheer So it goes quickly and does not require quite the same level of meticulousness as does a true polish.

this is a fabulous natural nail product! while there really is no nail product out there that can make your nails grow stronger naturally, multiple coats of Nail Envy can help your nails feel more durable and look nice and shiny (like you just got a manicure)! i like to use it as a base coat or top coat on natural nails and reapply every few days to help support the nails. i recommend this product to all my natural nail clients and for my clients that are trying to transition from artificial to natural nails.
i will warn sensitive individuals that this product (the original Nail Envy) does contain Formaldehyde which has been known to cause allergic reactions. Nail Envy comes in other formulas (soft & thin and dry & brittle) that still contain formaldehyde and don't work as well as the original so i wouldn't waste my money on them. however, the sensitive & peeling Nail Envy formula DOES NOT contain formaldehyde and while it also can't compare to the original it does offer a safer alternative for sensitive people.

on 7/14/2008 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried this after the presenter on QVC (UK) showed us her nails and said she's been mucking out her horses that morning, and I haven't been without it since, about 6 years ago. I follow a very low-fat diet which makes my nails very crumbly and I just used to file them as they broke off, but with Nail Envy they grow long and strong - I usually cut them now because they take too long to file. I use it as a basecoat and then every couple of days as a top coat / smartener upper, and it is just brilliant. Makes your nails strong but not hard or brittle.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product and have been using it for years. My nails are naturally weak and chip easily, and when I use this product they grow out nicely and are very hard to chip. The key is to put on two coats at first and then do another coat every other day for a week then start over. It gives a nice shiny look while it's working its magic, and I use this product continually as a base coat for color polish and as a top coat over color. It's expensive and will get thick after a while, but it's one of my favorite products.

Hands down best ever nail hardener. Found it after I had acrylics removed. Not cheap but lasts a long time. Holy Grail ladies!

Popular Treatments