OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 12/28/2008 10:46:00 AM

My nails are in bad shape and this only made things worse. I gave it a couple weeks but I had no luck with this and gave it away. I much prefer Nailtique products.

on 12/26/2008 7:20:00 AM

I tried this recently as it came in a kit from QVC and the reviews were so good. However I got a shock when reading the ingredients:

ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, tosylamide/formaldehyde resin, isopropyl alcohol, triphenyl posphate, trimethyl pentanyl diisobutyrate, butyl alcohol, fomaldehyde, stearalkonium, bentonite, camphor, diacetone alcohol, ethyl tosylamide, benzophenone-1, citric acid, hydrolized wheat protein, dimethicone, calcium pantothetate, violet colour & titanium dioxide.

Straight away you can smell the alcohol & acetone which in itself is not unpleasant but I worry about the long term drying affect on my nails.

Formaldehyde works to create extra bonds with keratin which create harder nails but can also cause sensitivity of skin and cuticles.I do not know the concentration of the formaldehyde but the fact it is also a known carcinagenic is enough for me.

The stuff does work, spreads easily and dries quickly and is also good as a topcoat BUT be informed and use sparingly and with caution especially when used as a basecoat. Avoid skin & cuticles (as instructions themselves state).

Instead of this am going to use Leighton Denny's bio build in stead which uses bio active glass technology.

on 12/15/2008 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I never had weak nails, but I always relied on gel nails for length. well, i don't need them anymore, as my nails are long, healthy and strong :)

I put a coat on everyday. sometimes, two! It makes me look like I have nice manicured nails. sometimes i get soo lazy that i do it only twice a week or so but its still very effective :) I am going to keep purchasing these!

JAN 24, 2009
Sorry, I have to change my reviews. As others have mentioned, this stuff does make my nails yellowish orange. I took them off and they actually look much better.

on 12/4/2008 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love OPI's nail polishes but Nail Envy made my nails feel weaker. I applied this as the directions state and it just felt horrible on. I gave it about 2 weeks and couldn't stand it. (I have since found Nailques Formlua #2 which is wonderful!)

Im in love with this one...I have been biting my nails since forever and I decided to kick the habit and bought this product..My nails are brittle and easy to break since I've been using this my nails have not break, peeled and so forth..highly recommend if you have weak nails.

on 10/1/2008 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Great product. I have weak nails, prone to peeling. I've been using for 3 weeks now and there is a noticeable difference to myself, my SO, and co-workers. Everyone keeps asking what did I do to my nails. Well i've put all of my co-workers on to this product. I cut my nails down to begin and followed the instructions. No chipping, peeling, breaking, or anything. Nice, healthy, strong nails. I'm sold!

on 9/24/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been biting my nails since I was six, and this habit carried into adulthood. 4 weeks ago, I decided enough was enough after seeing this girls' pretty nails and wishing my nails look like hers. I have been trying to grow my nails out in the past, but they always break/peel and I will feel the "pull" to bite them till they're smooth. I really did have the worst nails in the world. On average, they were no longer than 1cm - just 0.7cm the last time I measured the longest one. So, I gave OPI Nail Envy a try - and they were immediately strong. For the next two weeks, I put them to the ultimate tests - washing dishes, peeling stuffs, basically using my hands roughly and it never once peeled! My nails are incredibly strong too - they can't be bent. They never cracked, peeled, or break, and as a result my nails are at least presentable today. If you want to see before and after pictures, just go here:

OPI Nail Envy also dries extremely fast. That's another plus point in my book.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love Nail Envy! I've been using it for years & I've never, ever had a nail break. It works perfectly as a base coat, or if you want to use it on its own it gives alot of shine. Will repurchase.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love OPI Nail Envy. I took off my acrylic nails last year and was really nervous because everytime before I lasted about a week with them off, my nails were so weak and thin and would peel off and bleed. I first bought Nail Tek and it improved my nails a tiny bit but not much, then I bought Nail Envy and after about two weeks my nails were much stronger.
My nails are so hard and long now they look just as good as the acrylics. It put an end to all peeling and breaking and finally let my nails grow. I don't think $14 USD is a lot to pay considering it lasts a long time and that's about what you pay for 1 acrylic fill that lasts 2 weeks.

I follow the directions started with clean nails added two coats and added a coat every other day and I also use Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme at night to get my skin around the nail soft.

Give it a try you'll love it!

on 8/31/2008 5:51:00 PM

I started using Nail Envy after having gel nails removed. My nails are not strong to begin with, and they were now worse than what I started with! Even though gel nails aren't supposed to be damaging, my natural nail was very weak at the tip (even after I cut them short). I used Nail Envy according to instructions for months. Now that the damaged parts of my nails have grown out, I can really see the difference. I am amazed at how strong my nails are and how long they are getting! Even though the price is high, using Nail Envy to grow my nails long is still cheaper than getting artificial nails! UPDATE: I took a break from Nail Envy and found out that my nails have gotten much more brittle. Before, they peeled and tore easily. Now they actually chip and break! I am back to very short nails as a result. While I will still use Nail Envy from time to time, I will also be moisturizing ALOT more often.

Popular Treatments