August 21, 2014 | 2175 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by yanyanyan

I dont really think this product works on my weak nails, the best similar product would be from Sally its the best~

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by jalmy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for a couple of months and I really like it. I use it as a base coat and it helps my polish stay on longer and my nails seem healthier. Despite the high cost, I'll definitely use this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by pixiehottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years. Everyday for a nice healthy nail look and when I wear polish I use it as a top coat. I'd really like to try the matte as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the BEST nail product out there! It's a strengthener but I use it as a base and topcoat as well. As a nail strengthener it can't be beat - adds strength and shine without being too thick and peeling (like a lot of strengtheners out there) - love it! As a base coat it hugs nails and provides an unbeatable smooth canvas for polish - again, love it! As a topcoat it gives amazing shine and keeps your colour put - still loving it! The price seems steep at first ($20) but you will spend a lot more money experimenting with mediocre products. And because it can be used as a strengthener/basecoat/topcoat - you'll be rid of clutter. I would recommend this product to anyone and will absolutely be repurchasing it. I'm in love!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Pol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It works for me. I use both the orignal and the matt. I often use the original on top of other brands of nail varnish to help it last longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by kitashi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you use this product according to the instructions (two coats at first, then one coat every other day) then this stuff works awesomely. I've actually found that you only need to apply another coat about 3 times a week instead of every other day. The nail polish dries very quickly when applied. My nails are prone to peeling, and this is like liquid steel for them. As long as I make sure to apply it when needed, my nails grow beautifully. Without this stuff I cannot get them to grow much at all. Because of this it is worth the price, and will continue to buy this again and again, as I have been. The ONLY problem with this product is that when you near the end of the product, it gets veeerrryy sticky and dries as soon as it has contact with the air. This is to the point where it is unusable. This has happened with every bottle I have ever gotten, and am currently on my 4-5th bottle. Oh well...

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on sale in a holiday package and paid about $9 for it (compared to $22 CDN regular price) so I am happy I didn't pay full price. With that said, I do believe this is a pretty great product. As a lifelong nail biter, this stuff has been a god send. My nails are stronger and the peeling has pretty much been eliminated. The shine it leaves makes my nails look very polished and nice. I do notice the yellow tinge but it is not a big deal (I take it off and reapply when I notice signs of yellow starting). I would never pay $22 for this but I would most certainly pick up another bottle if I found it on sale again. EDIT: everyone keeps asking what I am doing to my nails to make them so healthy!? Well... Nail Envy. My Mom is sold, My sis is sold...even have a bottle of Matte on the way for the BF. This stuff is worth it's weight in GOLD. Amazing. (I never thought I would say that about a nail product...) Try getting it on ebay, way cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the hopes that it would help my nails through a cold winter - they were breaking off even thought i keep them quite short. I paid 22euros here in Ireland for Nail Envy.I applied it as directed - its like a very watery nail polish which dries very quickly - it is clear yet very shiny which is fine but as you build up the coats (as directed) it takes on a dirty yellowish tinge. The yellowish tinge is pretty ugly but i was happy to keep going with the Nail Envy in the hopes that my nails got stronger - but i dont find that they have, they still split at the tips and peel away. I did paint my nails with a nail polish once and the Nail Envy did provide a good base but then again a plain clear nail polish will do this too...for far less $$$ !After removing the nail polish with an acetone based remover my nails seemed a little stronger - but not enough to justify the price of this product.I will finish the bottle but i wont re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by bookgirl330

I'm so happy with this product. After removing my acrylic nails, my nails were really in bad shape, peeling, soft and discolored. I started using Nail Envy and within a week my nails were stronger. Great product!!! www.skylinebeautysupply.com

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by laula

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after my hair dresser girlfriend showed me her nails. Her hands and nail area are plagued by exczema which causes her nails to be very weak. It didn't take much to talk me into buying a bottle because my nails didn't grow more than 2cm or so off the nail bed. Luckily, she was able to give me a 50% discount on it and paid $5 CAN for a $10 bottle...yahoo!!

As soon as I got home I applied it and followed the directions of re-applying every day. I have to say that my nails have never been as strong or as long as they are now after 2 weeks use. By this point they're usually peeling or breaking...but not anymore! This is definetly the best nail strengthener I've found.