August 20, 2014 | 1788 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by graceiscool06x

Love the cooling sensation. Doesnt feel like it takes away moisture from my skin. Great smell & packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by ChristianneQ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love to try different skin products and consequently having oily skin break out often. I have been using this item for about 30 days and have not broken out once. I really love this item and would recommend it for those who have fickle sensitive skin prone to odd breakouts. This is one product that does what it claims and does not cost a bundle to use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Too bad there was menthol in this...it burned my skin and I had to return it... =(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by HeartsinParts

i'm not sure if its this product or the others i use or if my skin has just naturally got better but my ive seen a BIG improvement in my skin i barely ever get breakouts now and when i do nothing bad even during my period i think i got 4 small pimples and this clams my skin and leaves it soft. i have also been using the pink grape fruit scrub as well and i think that makes a diffrence too

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by kisshippie13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

so far ive only been using this for about a week now..
i have seen results though. it has decreased the breakouts on my skin..and is clearing up the acne that wouldnt go away around the edges of my mouth. yay!
i like the wash..the first time i used it..when i was rinsing it off...i was like ..wtf?? why didnt it wash the oil off my face. so i used a scrub to get the oil off..........well bad idea..i broke out worse and then decided to just use it again and see how it does AFTER you get out of the shower. so i did...and the oil wasnt from my skin..it was just residue from the cleanser ( i dont like the residue..but you cant feel it after you get out of the shower and dry your face.)
it doesnt over dry your face (so far) and its pretty good at controlling oil too. it seemed to make my pores smaller in the beginning ..now they are back to the way they were...... :(
but overall its a good product.
i would recommend it..........
if your stuck and havent tried it.........and you still have pimples..try it..what have you got to lose.....

ps-->i bought it at walmart for 7.00 and i use the hydrating treatment (the one that goes with the line) and clearisil vanishing spot treatment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by getsinyoureyes

I bought this originally because it lists glycolic acid as the fourth ingredient. Salicylic acid has never done anything for my complexion so I didn't expect this to have any impact on me acne (admittedly mild, most of my acne comes in the form of milia whenever I do get it), but this product surprised me. Once I started using this with regularity I noticed that some stubborn milia that I'd had forever on my chin and forehead were decreasing significantly in number. I also noticed that with this I wasn't breaking out from my sunblock anymore. Maybe glycolic acid helps make salicylic acid more effective? On top of that this face wash doesn't make my normal to dry skin feel tight and uncomfortable the way more acne cleansers do. Sometimes I keep this on my face to get a mini peel every once in a while and if you keep this on for more than 7 to 8 min I do get pink skin that feels slightly sensitive for a few hours afterwards, but other than that I haven't noticed any negative effects.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by ALWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Aug. 3, 2008

Just purchased this product yesterday so I'll have to update.

I have VERY VERY VERY oily skin that is senstive to new products and very acne prone. This cleanser smells fantastic and it gives a cool tingly feeling to the skin. I'm matte for hours after washing which NEVER happens for me. Its too early to tell how it actually treats and controls acne though. I will have to update in a fw days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by rastaxcore

As far as a non-drying cleanser for acne prone skin, this is alright. I was suffering from a stress related breakout and saw this at the drugstore, I've used Neutrogena as a fallback for years now. The smell and minty tingle is really nice -- it doesn't foam up but it covers well. My only problem with it is that it doesn't remove makeup very well. I kept winding up with greasy smudges under my eyes that wouldn't rinse away.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2008 10:33:00 AM More reviews by cherylbrt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my 2nd tube and LOVE it! I've found this cleanser - combined with the Acne Stress line Hydrating Acne Treatment - and Neutrogena On the Spot treatment - to be the MOST effective, least irritating/drying treatments for my adult acne and somewhat sensitive skin. Not to say I have zero break-outs now - but this really keeps them under control - so they never get much past the starting stage. THIS INCLUDES those painful cysts that form under the skin. I use the above products in combination with St. Ive's Elements micro-dermabrasion scrub several times/week. These are the most effective, most gentle/non-drying acne products I've ever used. They are also pleasantly scented/nice to use. *I* am VERY pleased with them. :-D
** Update 9/8/08: I made the mistake of stopping this cleanser to try RiteAid's brand of "Aveeno" daily brightening scrub. That mild exfoliating cleanser DOES work OK - but some break-outs came back - so I'm alternating with this cleanser - and my skin cleared right up. Gotta resist the temptation to try too many new things! ;-)

* Update 8/2010: THIS cleanser DID help. BUT - CONS: burned a little/made my face a little red. And could not use it to remove eye make-up/get near my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by biankix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i`ve sworn off neutrogena because the previous products have been too harsh on my skin. but when i saw this product a week before i was supposed to get my period, i decided to give it a try. well well. this has now become a mainstay. i love the consistency of the cream, the very refreshing scent and the tingly sensation it has. and no, i am not mistaking it for harsh chemicals burning the bejesus off my skin. i am quite frankly in love with a drug store brand. wooow.