November 22, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Louzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Matte lipsticks are coming back in style, but nothing is as essential to a ladies' makeup collection than a beautiful red lip color. Revlon's Matte Lipsticks are great. I have them in almost every color, but Really Red is my favorite. I grabbed as many as I could when my CVS had these 75% off and I'm so happy that I did. This product glides on smoothly and doesn't settle on the lines of my lips or dry out within a few hours. It's a neutral based red color with no blue, orange, or violet undertones. This is literally the PERFECT shade of red and I find that even if you wipe off your lipstick your lips will still impart a rosy tint. It really caters to the Kat Von Ds and Marilyn Monroes out there, but I'm just happy to find a clean classic red for those elegant occasions. I really hope this color does not get discontinued. It's very rare for me to find a drugstore product that I really love and I would hate to run out and have to find a dupe.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by ThatIsNOTHerShade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just a vivid, matte, true "fire-engine" red lipstick. Very drying (which I half-expected), lasts well...gave this one away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by reallyrosie84

I found this, and many more, for 75% off at my local CVS. After trying this on, I went back and bought the last 2 they had in really red. This is now my goto red. It has a velvety finish, doesn't dry too much, still has that creamy look that doesn't dry completely matte, but much better than the super-glossy look that has been so in lately. I tend to go for the more orange reds, but this one is absolutely perfect, has a very slight bluish undertone, but that is more as the lipstick fades. First I tried it on my bare lips, but when I tried it over my smashbox lip primer it was GORGEOUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by michelle373

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the only lipstick I have felt comfortable wearing. Seriously, it glides on smoothly and there are no funny undertones. Itís true to its color. It's simply a good buy and wonderful lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

No joke: Revlon Matte lipstick in Really Red is really red. It's not too orange, not too pink, not too blue-ish... it's red. The velvety, matte texture lends it a very Old Hollywood screen siren glamour. I love the reds in the matte line because they don't slide around on your lips and get super smeary. They're also super flattering and Really Red seems like it would be wearable on a wide variety of skintones. You just need the confidence to be able to pull it off! So go for it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit torn here. I love the finish and the 'matteness' of the lipstick and the colour is nice, but when I see myself wearing it I feel a bit ho-hum. It doesn't look bad but I have colours that look better so I kinda ask myself why I want to look mediocre when I could look amazing. It's very neutral slash a little yellow based on me and I am so pink based that it kinda looks dowdy as opposed to sexy. If Revlon could produce a pink based red I would be all over it like a rash.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by theredsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

Beautiful true bright red with a vintage-look matte finish. I used to wear Mac's Ruby Woo, but I prefer this now because it stays put longer, has no pink undertones, and is infinitely less drying for my lips.

I think Revlon lipsticks are brilliant value - better quality than more expensive brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by cmerenarc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like to have a perfect pin-up pout. So naturally when I ran out of my MAC Ruby Woo and had no money for a new tube, I searched desperately for a dupe. This shade is perfect! Many people (even people at the MAC counter!) were still convinced I was wearing Ruby Woo! Not only was it perfect, but at a very reasonable price(BOGO at CVS!).
I got this and the matching lipliner for around $7!

Wonderful! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is THE BEST RED ive tried ... for the price you pay .. its worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by beatlesgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

This is the perfect glamorous red lipstick! I needed a red lippy for my flapper Halloween costume, so I decided I wanted to go for a bold, true red, and that I wanted it matte to fit the 20s era. And this was perfect! It lasted alllll night (helped by the fact that I wore Revlon Colorstay lipliner in Red underneath) and was just such a gorgeous true red shade. It's a blue red and goes really well with my cool, pale skintone, but it might not go as well if you're very warm. Also, I was worried that it will dry out my lips since it's matte, but I didn't have that problem at all! It has almost a suede-like finish and definitely doesn't not chap your lips. Highly recommended!