Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 2/9/2010 11:12:00 PM

I SOOOO Love this product! Really Red is THE red lipstick for me. I love its texture, not drying and definitely not cakey. I also like how the color fades from striking red to red orange as the day progresses. This color compliments most of the skin tones as I had it tried on by my office mates. And guess what?? They all went straight to buying one after our shift.

on 2/7/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

this is THE perfect pin-up red. I find it really difficult to find reds that don't either make me look like a clown, or that dont go really dark because of my already pigmented lips.

this revlon matte lipstick has quite a creamy consistency despite it being matte - tho because of that, I always apply a lipbalm the night after ive worn it to make sure my lips stay moisturised.
it wears really well and doesnt feather horribly - I'm just so impressed by how gorgeous the colour is for me and how nice it looks! its not too bad price wise - I think I paid around £6. I will definiately repurchase.

EDIT: I added a p[icture of me wearing it so you can see the gorgeous redness of it!

on 2/7/2010 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Matte lipsticks are coming back in style, but nothing is as essential to a ladies' makeup collection than a beautiful red lip color. Revlon's Matte Lipsticks are great. I have them in almost every color, but Really Red is my favorite. I grabbed as many as I could when my CVS had these 75% off and I'm so happy that I did. This product glides on smoothly and doesn't settle on the lines of my lips or dry out within a few hours. It's a neutral based red color with no blue, orange, or violet undertones. This is literally the PERFECT shade of red and I find that even if you wipe off your lipstick your lips will still impart a rosy tint. It really caters to the Kat Von Ds and Marilyn Monroes out there, but I'm just happy to find a clean classic red for those elegant occasions. I really hope this color does not get discontinued. It's very rare for me to find a drugstore product that I really love and I would hate to run out and have to find a dupe.

Just a vivid, matte, true "fire-engine" red lipstick. Very drying (which I half-expected), lasts well...gave this one away.

I found this, and many more, for 75% off at my local CVS. After trying this on, I went back and bought the last 2 they had in really red. This is now my goto red. It has a velvety finish, doesn't dry too much, still has that creamy look that doesn't dry completely matte, but much better than the super-glossy look that has been so in lately. I tend to go for the more orange reds, but this one is absolutely perfect, has a very slight bluish undertone, but that is more as the lipstick fades. First I tried it on my bare lips, but when I tried it over my smashbox lip primer it was GORGEOUS!

on 1/23/2010 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is by far the only lipstick I have felt comfortable wearing. Seriously, it glides on smoothly and there are no funny undertones. Itís true to its color. It's simply a good buy and wonderful lipstick.

on 1/18/2010 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

No joke: Revlon Matte lipstick in Really Red is really red. It's not too orange, not too pink, not too blue-ish... it's red. The velvety, matte texture lends it a very Old Hollywood screen siren glamour. I love the reds in the matte line because they don't slide around on your lips and get super smeary. They're also super flattering and Really Red seems like it would be wearable on a wide variety of skintones. You just need the confidence to be able to pull it off! So go for it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a bit torn here. I love the finish and the 'matteness' of the lipstick and the colour is nice, but when I see myself wearing it I feel a bit ho-hum. It doesn't look bad but I have colours that look better so I kinda ask myself why I want to look mediocre when I could look amazing. It's very neutral slash a little yellow based on me and I am so pink based that it kinda looks dowdy as opposed to sexy. If Revlon could produce a pink based red I would be all over it like a rash.

on 1/12/2010 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Beautiful true bright red with a vintage-look matte finish. I used to wear Mac's Ruby Woo, but I prefer this now because it stays put longer, has no pink undertones, and is infinitely less drying for my lips.

I think Revlon lipsticks are brilliant value - better quality than more expensive brands.

on 12/17/2009 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I like to have a perfect pin-up pout. So naturally when I ran out of my MAC Ruby Woo and had no money for a new tube, I searched desperately for a dupe. This shade is perfect! Many people (even people at the MAC counter!) were still convinced I was wearing Ruby Woo! Not only was it perfect, but at a very reasonable price(BOGO at CVS!).
I got this and the matching lipliner for around $7!

Wonderful! (: