Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 1/30/2009 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is certainly my staple nail polish. The color is gorgeous, it dried quickly and stays ON. LOVE it!

on 10/7/2008 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a gorgeous color! Pale pink polishes look the same in the bottle, but this one is the best. It's uber-sheer, so it works well with white for a French manicure and I can layer it to get the saturation of color that I want. In thin coats, like all of Essie's great polishes, this dries quickly. It resists chipping, but even when it does, the color has a great subtlety so it's barely noticeable. On my fingernails one thin coat brightens up my fingernails, looking natural, clean and sophisticated. I will probably use this up fast and will definitely buy another one when I run out.

on 9/22/2008 7:33:00 PM

Mademoiselle plus Marshmallow equals french manicure perfection!!

on 9/21/2008 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the Chanel No. 5 of nail polishes: more than just a classic, it is THE classic nail polish, especially if you've moved beyond painting your nails the outrageous trend color du jour. Mademoiselle is a very sheer, glossy, pale pink. Your nails but better, if you will. It is far less pink than the bottle makes it appear- on my nails it is just a notch above clear, but that's really all I'm looking for. The application is easy, and the product doesn't start to streak until you're around 3/4 of the way done with the bottle, at which point you should just go out and buy a new bottle. I've been doing that for years, and will continue to do so as long as Essie keep producing Mademoiselle.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Um, why have i not tried essie polishes before???!!!??? i always thought the square little bottles were drab so i kept on buying much flashier OPI, what a mistake!!! i love the quality of essie, i have never used a polish so light without such un-streakishness:) perfect color for everyday, can't wait to try more!!!

on 9/15/2008 2:41:00 PM

I absolutely love this nail polish. I have a lot of other colors but this is the perfect color. Its better than clear and a bright color. After using several colors I always go back to this. It looks girly and sweet. I will definitely buy again. Even the shades close to this one are nice.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

For me this is one of the most perfect base colors for a french mani, I can even paint it on over the white tip because its so sheer it doesnt distort the hue of the white tip. Its simple, easy and pretty. If your looking for a ton of color or something more opaque this is not for you (try OPI Bubble Bath, thats what I like for a more pigmented version of this look), but I apperciate its beauty and love it for french manis and pedis.

Way to sheer for me didnt cover the whites of my nail love the quality of the polish thou and the bottles so so cute

on 9/13/2008 8:23:00 AM

Slightly better than wearing just clear polish. If I was a gal who worked the sort of job where I had to wear a 'professional' polish, then this would be a go-to shade. Or if I was a guy who was into a shiny, slightly pink nail, I'd be into this. But, I'm neither. I am SAHM who finds happiness and joy in bright, fun colors. Or glitter. Or shimmer. Or duochromes. Or flakies. This has none. I might keep it as a going-to-a-funeral shade, or in case I suddenly change personalities (no chance of that!). Yes, it's a nude, yes, I would think many could wear this. I just like a lil' more ooomph in my polish.

on 9/8/2008 10:05:00 AM

Read so much about this colour in magazines, decided to get one to try. I like the sheer (very close to nailbed) colour but can't seem to cover my slightly yellow nails. It fades after a few days. I prefer Pure Chiffon as it is more pinkish and covers the yellow nails, which makes them look healthier than Mademoiselle.

Top Rated Essie Products