December 21, 2014 | 1805 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by sxxy0208

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first bought this primer I was looking more to hide the medium-ish pores that have seemed to "grow" on my cheeks in recent months. As for hiding pores I do not find that veil mineral primer does this. It sat in my makeup bag for a few weeks unused but because of the price i wanted to give it another chance. After reading some reviews and trying it again I can appreciate the other qualities it offers. It does a great job of reducing shine and controlling oilies and feels great on the skin... Not as slippery as other primers that seems to also block off your pores and suffocate your face. As for being worth the price I do not think it is necessarily amazing enough to warrant spending the cash but it is a nice product. I also have acne prone skin and this did not give me breakouts or any other negative reactions which I have experienced with some other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by higgsj17

Best primer I have ever used! Stops my makeup from fading and control oil 80 percent . I love the idea that this primer is water resistant which means its perfect for the summer. However the price is $$$$ 52 dollars :s but if your new to the product/ brand at sephora they offer a smaller travel size for 17$ which isn't bad at all. Will purchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Den

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This primer definitely helps with my oily T-Zone. Plus, it has SPF 15 and feels like satin on application. It’s a bit expensive though, $52. However, this one bottle has lasted me 5 months! Granted, I only apply a pea size amount on my face each morning. I love it though; my pores looks smaller, and thankfully it does not break me out. Plus, it keeps my foundation locked all day, without re-applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by blu3

I've tried several primers and this is by far, the best!! It goes on light and works extremely well. It leaves your face feeling velvety soft. I wish the price was a bit lower though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have tried many other primers but they all left me feeling oily (and i already have oily skin!), didn't last long, or broke me out. This stuff feels like silk going on your face. It feels amazing! just be careful not to put too much under your eyes or it can start to build up. It does not make me break out, and really works. I tried putting on my foundation without it and you can tell the difference. Without it, my pores look very large and you can't really tell I have any foundation on. It is expensive but worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is the best primer in the world! Well at least in my world, lol I love this stuff! It makes my laura mercier mineral foundation just glide on, my face looks smoother and my foundation last all day with NO touch ups! I actually don't have to blot at all. At the end of the day my makeup still looks fresh. I will say, that if you have dry skin, you must have a good moisturizer on when wearing this, I had a strange day where my skin was dry and flaky (usually normal with oily T zone) and I applied a light moisturizer on before and this totally accentuated the dry patches. Now when my skin is having an off day I just use a heavier cream and this primer allows me to because it keeps the oilies at bay. Well worth every penny I reluctantly(pretty pricey) paid, but you only need about half a pump to get good results so it will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by PollyL

Wow!

Alright. This is the best. I received this as a sample in a Sephora order back in November and decided to save it for one of my upcoming college music auditions. I thought that an audition day would be a good day to test out a primer. I had used a few primers before, but never had really seen the need for them until I went through makeup powders within 2 weeks because I needed so many touchups. WELL. I was not disappointed! This primer lasted from 9 AM - till I went to bed at midnight! I even went touch up my makeup before I was called back for my audition...no touch up required.

This stuff is incredible. Conceals acne too. It's literally like magic in a bottle.
I know the price tag is steep. Trust me. As a student, I need to save as much money as I can for school. But you deserve this.

FIRST OFF, you'll be saving money by buying this. At the most, you'll need a powder touchup TWICE during the whole day. I only need one little touch up a day. But it is also winter. I will be interested to see how this product holds up during the humid Virginia summers and I will post an update.

TWO. You won't need concealer because this conceals and helps to hide redness/discoloration. Again, saving money. I have struggled with cystic acne on my chin for several years now. Finally, it is almost clear, but I have intense discoloration. Not a problem for this thing. Clears it right up. I am AMAZED that my skin is all the same color plus my acne looks invisible and it does not break out my skin!

THIRD: You use so little that this will EASILY last for awhile.
I'm sold. I hope you are too after reading this post. Seriously, buy it as a gift for yourself because YOU DESERVE to look good. You deserve to be able to get through a day without wondering if your nose is shiny or if your makeup is starting to slide off of your forehead. Seriously, I am not kidding. Buy this.

Thanks to Sephora...ordered this on Saturday night in December around 7 PM. Received it at 11 AM Monday morning. And that was with Standard Shipping. THANK YOUUU :)
Oh also, nailed my audition and got accepted to the college (they have a 15% acceptance rate)!!! Part of me wonders if it was due to this primer. I was more confident because I knew that my makeup was perfect. No oily skin, no discoloration. And this has helped me become even more confident in my looks since then!

BUY THIS NOW. End of story :)

29 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

**EDIT: The more I used this, the more unimpressed I became. It's really nothing special and a huge waste of money. Honestly, I have no idea why it worked so well on day one and then became useless towards the bottom of the bottle. Dropped to one lippie. It really is best for dry skin. Anyone who produces any oil won't be impressed either.

Short story: It works! It really works for oily skin. I'm in shock I actually found a product that makes my foundation last longer and controls oil without breaking me out. It's light, liquidy, and can be worn without foundation. It blurs pores and redness (doesn't get rid of it, though) so I actually look like my skin is airbrushed. The only con is the price - it's very expensive but it actually lives up to its claims. This is easily my HG primer and I hope they never discontinue it, unless they make something better. As always, sample before you buy it to see if it works with your skin.

Long story: I have always had bad luck finding primers that suit my skin. All I know was that silicone based primers (those with dimethicone at the top of the ingredients list) were awful for my oily skin. It looked great at first, but the primer only sat on top of my skin and that seemed to make my skin produce oil in hyperdrive. My foundation would melt off my skin in 2 hours after application. So a representative from Hourglass was at Sephora and she saw me eyeing the two primers there. She talked highly about them, and I was skeptical because of my history with primers. I explained to her about my oily skin and she immediately recommended me this primer, since it's not silicone based. I tried it on the back of my hand and it felt so powdery smooth and nice. Definitely not the kind for dry skin. Usually when a primer isn't silicone based, it's a cream that is normally meant for dry skin - again, not for me. So I picked up the .33 fl oz bottle to test at home.

The pump is easy to control and I used a small amount over my face. It's very liquidy and needs time to set. If you start applying foundation too early, it will flake off. It actually left my skin looking so close to poreless. I put on my bb cream and it left a matte finish (more matte than usual). It works! My skin didn't become oily until 5 hours after application. This never happens. It's always after 1-2 hours. I love that the ingredients list is short so it's better for those with sensitive skin (like me). There is dimethicone in it, but it's closer to the bottom in the ingredients list.

ETA: After using it for 2 weeks, I still find it to be the best primer on the market. However, when using it with other foundations, I found the oil control wasn't as good as with my bb cream, so I believe I wrongly attributed that to the primer. Also, I think it was separated at first because the oil control is totally gone now. The first couple days, it was very liquidy, now it's like a cream with a thin, gel-like consistency (if that makes sense). I had to knock it down from 5 to 4 lippies because this isn't the same product anymore and barely does anything for my foundation.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by mostlym3

This product makes my foundation absolutely waterproof and my look lasts all day. It's very very light and really weightless. I've tried plenty of primers but none that were this light yet powerful. I buff it in using the large Hourglass brush. Definitely going to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Sabastien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love. I have tried countless primers for my very oily skin. This is the only one that has actually minimized my blotting from every 2 hours to maybe 4 or 5 if my makeup has been on for 12+ hours. I work early mornings so I apply my makeup at 5am, and it stays on till I shower around 6-7pm. Depending on what foundation I pair it with.(mufe hd doesn't hold up as well, but my Loreal truematch, mac matchmaster, and smashbox studios skin, and revlon colorstay all work great for me with it.) But yea... I shelled out $60 cdn for this. Call me crazy, but if you come across a product that actually works for you and meets your high demands, its really worth it. Im 28, and after trying primer after primer that claims to control oil and fails, and needing to blot every 2 hours is a pain in the butt. I want to add that I don't even need to use a full pump of this. about half a pump is all I need, I get no "white cast" that other reviewers talk about, for ref, Im an nc25-30
I do also feel though that finding the right skin cleanser and moisturizer is also key to how your makekup hold up throught the day.
I also read some revews about there being a trial size? If its the little one next to the oil free mineral veil, then its a complelty different product all together. I asked the sales acc the difference between the two and the smaller was not oil free...different formulation. This might be why some reveiwers found the "travel size" not working for them.