September 2, 2014 | 2008 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this as both an all over bronzer and (with a very light hand) a bronzer. I do dislike the box blush packaging though, as I like to dust on bronzers with a big finishing brush and this guy won't allow it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Kaaatttiiiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this! I'm very very veryyyyy pale and it still works on me, it's took me a while to find a bronzer with no shimmer and is not orange. I would recommend it to anyone! I've used it for around 3 months now and i still have a lot left, so no doubt it will last ages. Price is quite high, but I normally wait until I have Debenhams Beauty Points so i can get a bit of a discount on it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

As an overall bronzer, yes I agree this is a wonderful product as the end result looks natural, sun kissed, and healthy.
As a contour, no way. Even though I have warm nc25-30 skin, the color looks orange, fake, and muddy as a contour simply because it is so pigmented, even when I use a light hand and don't rely on the brush. Ladies, don't be fooled by your mirror. When you step outside in natural lighting, someone will point out you have an obvious orange line going across your cheekbones. People may be polite and not point it out, but your 13 year old brother will.

I don't understand what the hype is. The powder itself is crumbly and a single swipe takes up so much powder that needs to be tapped off multiple times.I recommend the NYX taupe blusher as the ultimate cool toned contour shade. As a bronzer, I have found other products that do the same job just as well or better.

Oh well, can't always follow the hype right?

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Espressophia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best I've found for contouring. The color is a matte cool-bronze shade, not orangey at all, which makes it perfect for creating shadows on the face (I find that contouring with warm shades totally ruins the effect). That said, it is extremely easy to go overboard! Use a very light hand with this product and you will not be disappointed. Throw away the little square brush it comes with, it is horrible at distributing product evenly. The box has lasted me about 5 years, no joke. Very good value for how long it lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by chrissie8809

I love this bronzer!
Not much I can really say about it that hasn't already been said...

It's very pigmented, surprisingly so....and even if you only pick up a small amount on your brush, the colour payoff on your skin is still quite bold.

I'm NW 15 for reference, and with a (very) light hand & lots of blending, Hoola gives me a convincing sun kissed look that i'm always happy with. This is one of those products that you should definitely use a "less is more" kind of approach, otherwise it can, and will, make you look a bit dirty.

Staying power is good, and I don't find myself needing to touch-up during the day (or night!)

As with all of the Benefit powders, I dig the packaging, and i find the brush to be very useful for contouring. I'm sure a lot of people disregard the brush, but I use it frequently.

I would repurchase, although I can see it taking me a long time to even hit the pan!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by babygems

Ok matte bronzer. Looks a bit too orange on my skin. Not really impressed with this pretty average bronzer. If you like hoola or want to try it I would recommend W7 Honolulu it is near on the same product and it only costs £2.88 from amazon.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by anne99415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't wear bronzers too often because my skin is so pale, but I bought this one a few months ago after hearing it was good for pale skin. Unfortunately, it's still too dark for me. I am a bit lighter than MAC NC15 and have much stronger yellow undertones to my skin. I should have realized by looking at it that it would be too dark for me.
Color aside, the actual product is mediocre in my opinion. I love my Benefit blushes (I own two) and I find Hoola extremely powdery in comparison. Even gently tapping your brush in makes a lot crumble off and it's such a waste. It does seem slightly orange on my skin as well.
The packaging is the usual box that Benefit uses and I really like it. The square container fits nicely in my makeup drawer and doesn't take up as much space as a circular compact would.
I'm trying to tan this summer (or at least start trying to self tan) and hopefully I can use this then, but for now I would not repurchase it, especially because it cost $36 CAD.
Overall, if you have very pale skin I would strongly recommend skipping this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

beware oily girls. that is all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by MikaylaMarie

Buy this and you won't regret it! Especially if you have light skin and have a hard time finding a blend-able bronzer..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by scarlettdesmarais

LOVE this bronzer!!!! Price is a little steep at first but so worth it. I've had mine forever and I'm just finally starting to hit pan on it. It's not orangey at all, great colour to contour with or add a bit of bronze to your complexion. The only downside I can think of is the packaging...I love Benefit's boxed powders (they're super cute), however, I guess they are not really ideal for travelling because they're kind of an awkward shape to fit in a makeup bag. However, this isn't really a problem for me and I love it nonetheless.